"Ceylon" the UK's top Goodfer nothing

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Re: "Ceylon" the UK's top Goodfer nothing

Post by littleFred »

Running an internet website can't be done without being connected to the internet, which by definition can't be "off-grid". And the server must, of course, be connected to the rest of the internet.

A small server could be solar-powered in the woods, provided it was within reach of a mobile phone mast or similar, but the comms bill would be unpleasant.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I am coming to the conclusion that these fools have no real concept of reality or any real understanding of what the words they keep using actually mean.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
longdog
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by longdog »

To paraphrase Mr H Dumpty "Off the grid" means exactly what they want it to mean, neither more nor less.

See also: "victory", "scared of us", "truth", "common law" etc etc etc ad nauseum.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

longdog wrote:To paraphrase Mr H Dumpty "Off the grid" means exactly what they want it to mean, neither more nor less.

See also: "victory", "scared of us", "truth", "common law" etc etc etc ad nauseum.
You can add "the shit is about to hit the fan" to that list.

OK, as for "off grid"......"partially off grid" would be more accurate?
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
FatGambit

Post by FatGambit »

longdog wrote:To paraphrase Mr H Dumpty "Off the grid" means exactly what they want it to mean, neither more nor less.

I was going to post something similar to this, basically 'running a website' can mean whatever you want it to mean, by his description I think he means he accessed the site while 'off grid' in the wood, which is what I did for most of August last year, providing the sun was out, by off grid he probably means whilst not connected to the power network (so accessing on a phone or tablet).

Its impressive, well would be if 45 million other people didn't do it every day too. I doubt he means he run an actual server from the great outdoors.

As I said, the definition of 'running a website' is a bit open to interpretation.
SoLongCeylon

Post by SoLongCeylon »

Apologies if this has been shown before but here is a short video of Colon explaining A4V.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEraFow ... youtu.be&a

Not only does he struggle with some of the spelling but right at the end, I found it amusing that it sounds like he is calling himself "Colon" He is actually reading out loud what he is writing down ( ie a semi colon ) but the effect make me chuckle.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

SoLongCeylon wrote:....but here is a short video of Colon explaining A4V

Not only does he struggle with some of the spelling ...

Remarkable given it only has 3 characters.
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
Fearnchase
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Fearnchase »

Isn't it about time this idiot had a new thread?
AiusLocutius
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by AiusLocutius »

littleFred wrote:Running an internet website can't be done without being connected to the internet, which by definition can't be "off-grid". And the server must, of course, be connected to the rest of the internet.
To expand on this and in an attempt to understand why they require £30k.

goodf is registered at domainmonster.com which is a trading name of Mesh Digital Ltd.
A simple DNS lookup of goofy land will show that Jon is still the registered owner.
To register a .org site costs £8.99 per year there, and only £7.49 per year if registered for 10 years.
If you scroll further down the lookwhois page you will see that the name servers are NS.MAINNAMESERVER.COM and NS2.MAINNAMESERVER.COM. These are the name servers used by heartinternet.uk. So goofy land is hosted at heartinternet.uk. The cost of hosting a site there ranges between £29.99 per month to £119.99 per month depending on which bells and whistles you require.
They use phpBB as the forum engine which is open source, so free to use.
Goofy land is a very basic site and can be set up and maintained by someone with pretty basic skills. There security is a joke btw.
So firstly they are very much "on grid" and secondly, why do they need so much money?

A quick edit here. A site like goofy land with it's level of simplicity could easily be maintained and funded by a school kid with a paper round and basic web developing skills.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Interesting post on EFOTB facebook page

Bones

Post by Bones »

colon wrote:Mark Ceylon Haining there is no proof till 10th june so posting on something that is as yet unproven would not be good
I thought Colon made a career out of posting on things that are unproven

Firthy2002

Post by Firthy2002 »

Ceylon's latest video de jure.

Spoiler: He repeats his standard bollocks with a heavy amount of [citation_needed]

https://youtu.be/XT7VIfXJQrU
-=Firthy2002=-

Watching idiots dig themselves into holes since 2016.
Pox

Post by Pox »

Firthy2002 wrote:Ceylon's latest video de jure.

Spoiler: He repeats his standard bollocks with a heavy amount of [citation_needed]

https://youtu.be/XT7VIfXJQrU
Yep, everyone is corrupt and you must do something about it NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did he also mention fascist state? Would be unusual if he didn't.

Oh, also, he questions EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!!

I don't know the creature and have no wish to know, meet or be within miles of it but what really files me is its hypocrisy -

He runs his misleading forum like a fascist would -

Questions not tolerated, dissent not tolerated - if a user questions or disagrees with the 'party line' they are banned or at the very least, the topic is blocked.

Fascist/autocrat? - take a look in the mirror Haining - a long hard look.

Don't hang the mirror too high though, else you will have to stand on your little tipitoes.
Firthy2002

Post by Firthy2002 »

Pox wrote: He runs his misleading forum like a fascist would -

Questions not tolerated, dissent not tolerated - if a user questions or disagrees with the 'party line' they are banned or at the very least, the topic is blocked.
Indeed. I am probably sailing close to a ban right now for mentioning in a thread where the OP had asked for advice about recording in court that perhaps they shouldn't be encouraging contempt of court.

http://getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/viewt ... 17rYbsrKUk
-=Firthy2002=-

rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

Firthy2002 wrote:
Pox wrote: He runs his misleading forum like a fascist would -

Indeed. I am probably sailing close to a ban right now for mentioning in a thread where the OP had asked for advice about recording in court that perhaps they shouldn't be encouraging contempt of court.

http://getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/viewt ... 17rYbsrKUk
You are wasting your time attempting to reason with that bunch of losers. They have no interest in engaging in reasonable debate. They are closed minded.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

I note that after you posted this a GOODFer who obviously reads this forum, HELLO, why don't you post and talk to us? We aren't mean and nasty, you can use a throwaway email if you like. You won't be banned or censored and talking isn't going to cause any harm. Has picked up and outed Firthy as one of us. Which then led to the obvious insults and name calling.

Of course there wasn't any attempt to actually debate the issue, nor is their likely to be they have their fantasy and their perception of us is that we are part of a cabal trying to oppress them, that we are paid for our posts, and that we always write in support of the status quo.

But the underlying issue which is the use of a recording device in court is perhaps interesting. Now earlier there was some argument that written notes can be produced and these create some form of a record, however your notes are your notes and only really good for you to use, they also may not be entirely accurate. A recording often is, although sometimes the precise word can be unclear, which is why transcripts often have [unclear] in them. Personally I think court hearings should be recorded and those recordings should made available to the parties involved, it seems that technology has marched on at a faster pace than the law and the law is rather fussy about changing things.

The current system is in my opinion encouraging people to covertly record, simply because such devices are readily available, and the cost of transcription can be especially onerous for a person who might be on a limited income to afford. Therefore to prevent the unnecessary criminalisation of a number of people, the courts should handle recordings and have an arrangement where the recording can be accessed online but only by those involved in the case.

This should not allow a person to download the recording and I would argue against permitting them to be distributed to unauthorised persons or posted onto YouTube, with perhaps an added layer of security in regard to preventing abuse by allowing a judge to redact from a recording information that might be especially sensitive or to restrict access to the recording to a specific location. Say inside a private office in a court building.
Warning may contain traces of nut
Firthy2002

Post by Firthy2002 »

Yes it does seem that, like other Government departments, the justice system lags behind the times from a technological perspective.

It would be fairly simple to offer a means of obtaining a recording of the transcript that is restricted to playback a certain number of times or only on a specific device. The law around indirect contempt may already be sufficient to cover unauthorised redistribution or performance of said recording.
-=Firthy2002=-

littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

Ceylon says, "Don't believe me; do your own research. Prove me right or prove me wrong."

So rsgtmajor points out that, contrary to Ceylon's assertions, the 1882 Bills of Exchange Act is silent on the topic of debt assignment.

Does Ceylon welcome this correction to his error? No. His reaction is:
Ceylon wrote:if you do not stick to a single ip you will be causing yourself problems
I have no idea why, but Ceylon doesn't like people logging on from different IP addresses, and tends to ban them. My internet supplier, a major UK company, gives me a different IP address every day.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

Ceylon seems to think that a constantly changing IP address is a sign of a worldwide conspiracy. This is because he's an idiot who doesn't know how the internet works, probably doesn't bother to whois lookup where the ip resolves and has a vastly overinflated belief in the importance of his tiny group of guano covered fruitbats in shaking up the global elite and what not. He assumes that a different IP must mean a person logging on from a different country and that the shadow illuminati cabal are monitoring and sending agents to his site to derail and troll discussions, in order to keep the people in the dark, because that's the real meaning of illuminati.
Warning may contain traces of nut
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

I think the registration email is broken.

They gotta login anyways with the password they picked. (I think).