"Ceylon" the UK's top Goodfer nothing

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Losleones
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: "Ceylon" the UK's top Goodfer nothing

Post by Losleones »

Not really the kind of guy you'd want to teach your children to learn the Highway Code really is he. "But mark, a red light means stop & you told me to floor it"

"Don't worry about that if you get a fine start the 3 letter process followed by estoppel"

One ponders why his business collapsed. :haha:
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

Hey I just watched the video and I was number 1 on their list! Obviously I got under their skin. Just as I was starting to think that I was wasting my time.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
Bones

Post by Bones »

slowsmile wrote:Before the travel business it appears Haining was a driving instructor or ran a driving school.

https://www.duedil.com/company/03911531 ... am-limited

"The examiner said you failed the test. Well done, that means you passed".
Looks like he was only a slightly better driving instructor than he was a travel agent :snicker:

Date of Incorporation: 21/01/2000

652a 27/11/2001 APPLICATION FOR STRIKING-OFF

more info
http://companycheck.co.uk/director/9068 ... or-summary
Bones

Post by Bones »

Looks like Mark is infamous on other sites too :naughty:

https://hoaxteadresearch.wordpress.com/ ... igilantes/

Thanks to our canny blog-spotter who has drawn our attention to the latest excellent article by Keelan Balderson, exposing the disgraceful behaviour of the troll Jacqui Farmer and her army of trolls towards dozens of innocent men, women and children of Hampstead.

http://wideshut.co.uk/hampstead-abuse-a ... ille-world

Oh and while I’m on – Mark Haining (aka Mark Seylon): do not think for one second that we or the Police have forgotten about that death threat you shouted at that terrified innocent elderly lady in the street near Christ Church. You have committed an extremely serious criminal offence. It was caught on camera and plastered all over the internet by your own troll mate Code 2222. It was even included in Radio 4’s excellent Hoaxtead exposure documentary.
Bones

Post by Bones »

I thought I read a sob story about Mark losing his business and his home and that he blamed the government for it.

Looking a little into "ceylon" when he was a director of the travel agents, before it went tits up his address was

http://companycheck.co.uk/director/9068 ... or-summary

Now nearly 10 years later his address is still

http://britishphonebook.com/search.php? ... NOTTINGHAM

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/43+ ... !1e1?hl=en
Bones

Post by Bones »

Normal Wisdom wrote: I haven't been able to find much history for "Ceylon" which would explain his involvement with the sovruns. He appears to have run a travel business with his wife but this is long defunct (insolvent?) and there is some minor suggestions of outstanding utility bills. It is interesting to note that in 2011 Kirk Haining (who appears to be his son) was convicted of cultivating 48 cannabis plants after attempting to defend himself in court using well worn sovrun "your laws don't apply to me" theory. He was sentenced to 9 months suspended.
http://www.nottinghampost.com/Cannabis- ... story.html

The apple does not fall far from the tree in that family does it :snicker:

"You are a young man, and although I have indicated you are intelligent and articulate, you are clearly misguided."

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Man-trial ... story.html

"He said, however, that the essence of that law – saying that you can't grow cannabis – does not apply to him. He and some of the people he associates with dispute that the English law, the English legal system, applies to them."

Funny thing is, he called the Police himself :haha:

"He is defending himself and says he is commonly known as Kirk and the family name is Haining. In his evidence, the defendant said he called police out to his rented house that night because there was a man kicking in his front door, but the man had gone when officers arrived."

Hopefully next time dumb and dumber make a video about quatloos, I might get a mention :whistle:
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

Bones wrote:
Normal Wisdom wrote: I haven't been able to find much history for "Ceylon" which would explain his involvement with the sovruns. He appears to have run a travel business with his wife but this is long defunct (insolvent?) and there is some minor suggestions of outstanding utility bills. It is interesting to note that in 2011 Kirk Haining (who appears to be his son) was convicted of cultivating 48 cannabis plants after attempting to defend himself in court using well worn sovrun "your laws don't apply to me" theory. He was sentenced to 9 months suspended.
http://www.nottinghampost.com/Cannabis- ... story.html

The apple does not fall far from the tree in that family does it :snicker:

"You are a young man, and although I have indicated you are intelligent and articulate, you are clearly misguided."

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Man-trial ... story.html

"He said, however, that the essence of that law – saying that you can't grow cannabis – does not apply to him. He and some of the people he associates with dispute that the English law, the English legal system, applies to them."

Funny thing is, he called the Police himself :haha:

"He is defending himself and says he is commonly known as Kirk and the family name is Haining. In his evidence, the defendant said he called police out to his rented house that night because there was a man kicking in his front door, but the man had gone when officers arrived."

Hopefully next time dumb and dumber make a video about quatloos, I might get a mention :whistle:
Bones, there is life and it is how we know it! you deserve a "motorcar" video all to yourself for that. "Nicely Done" (from the wire) :wink:
If people from Poland are called Poles Why are aren't people from Holland called Holes?
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

Get Into Debt Free claims to have roughly 70k members at £7 a pop that's almost £500k in REAL MONEY. Nice little earner for Haining & his crew

:sarcasmon: If there's any funds left they could bail out WeRe bank.......surely they would do that wouldn't they? :haha:
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

Losleones wrote:Get Into Debt Free claims to have roughly 70k members at £7 a pop that's almost £500k in REAL MONEY. Nice little earner for Haining & his crew
It certainly is enough to bail out a retired carpet fitter 10 times over.
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

As of now, "Total members 68385". What proportion of them made the voluntary £7 donation? I don't know.
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

Bones wrote:Looks like Mark is infamous on other sites too :naughty:

https://hoaxteadresearch.wordpress.com/ ... igilantes/

Thanks to our canny blog-spotter who has drawn our attention to the latest excellent article by Keelan Balderson, exposing the disgraceful behaviour of the troll Jacqui Farmer and her army of trolls towards dozens of innocent men, women and children of Hampstead.

http://wideshut.co.uk/hampstead-abuse-a ... ille-world

Oh and while I’m on – Mark Haining (aka Mark Seylon): do not think for one second that we or the Police have forgotten about that death threat you shouted at that terrified innocent elderly lady in the street near Christ Church. You have committed an extremely serious criminal offence. It was caught on camera and plastered all over the internet by your own troll mate Code 2222. It was even included in Radio 4’s excellent Hoaxtead exposure documentary.
Leigh Ravenscroft and even Tom Crawford are on the list of "Hoaxteaders" too.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

I think all Fred. I believe they ask for a donation of £7 to access the whole of the gibberish forums.Haining can't hold down any real job & has displayed his inabilities to manage his own companies, so why not set up a scam where he cleans up. He now has the best of both worlds....feeding suckers garbage to get debt free (into more debt) whilst taking their cash.

It's ironic how both Peter & Mark Haining's businesses (scams) require sterling cash to fund their activities but are unwilling to pay their debts/bills likewise. There in itself demonstrates the idiocy of these Sov Cits :haha:
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

wanglepin wrote:Is this who I think it is?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj8qVY ... xVfFQblldA
I think it is. I've idea what he's selling and no real motivation to find out but I'm not sure introducing his colleague as "my partner in crime" is a good message.
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

In my experience on GOODF very few people donate the £7.

In defence of Ceylon on this issue, I have never seen him ask any member to donate and the common line used is "wait 48 hours and all the templates are free"
Last edited by letissier14 on Mon May 18, 2015 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

I would concur with LeTissiers observations, I've not seen anyone make a complaint regarding having to spend money to access information or point out that this would be anathema to the concept of removing ones debts free. I'd also further state that Ceylon is not the owner or operator of GOODF that is Jon Witterick (I believe) he is just a very vocal member of it's community. I was mistaken about that point in the past and feel I should clarify. Ceylon is a part of GOODF but he is not all of it nor does he represent every view.

So while their is much I think for which we can malign Ceylon and certainly I do not like the man, we do need to be fair in our assessment of him lest we fall into error by doing exactly what we criticise him for, which is to make baseless accusations.

I would also say that I think a lot of people could do with receiving access to credible independent financial advise on debt and dealing with financial investments than is currently provided for. Their is a distrust of the banking industry and this is something that I think should be addressed to remove the attitude of us v them. Get Out Of Debt Free at many points furthers the divide between banks and people and this is quite sad.
Warning may contain traces of nut
slowsmile

Post by slowsmile »

PeanutGallery wrote: I would also say that I think a lot of people could do with receiving access to credible independent financial advise on debt and dealing with financial investments than is currently provided for. Their is a distrust of the banking industry and this is something that I think should be addressed to remove the attitude of us v them. Get Out Of Debt Free at many points furthers the divide between banks and people and this is quite sad.
Citizens Advice Bureaux are very good at providing independent financial advice to people in debt - trouble is their funding has been slashed which will tend to drive people into the hands of GOODF / loansharks and similar.
slowsmile

Post by slowsmile »

letissier14 wrote:In my experience on GOODF very few people donate the £7.

In defence of Ceylon on this issue alone, I have never seen him ask any member to donate and the common line used is "wait 48 hours and all the templates are free"
I fully concur. I've been browsing GOODF for some years now (largely the forum) and was totally unaware that a voluntary donation existed.
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

I stand corrected. But that's not to say they've received a healthy figure of donations. It's a very dangerous forum in my opinion & often the GOOFers are encouraged to stand up in Court to defend the claim with Common Law/Strawman waffle with very little understanding of the Law & Courts. I totally "get" some of their frustrations with the system & sympathise that many have debt issues but they are simply going about it the wrong way. Take for example Ceylon's waffle regarding water bills stating its already paid for & we own the pipework etc etc......then scribble some junk on the bank giro credit & your account is magically zeroed. He claims to have 100% success with this method & heard nothing from the Water Authorities since. I'd guess it wasn't so straightforward & looking on GOOFy others will agree looking at the relevant threads.
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

slowsmile wrote:
PeanutGallery wrote: I would also say that I think a lot of people could do with receiving access to credible independent financial advise on debt and dealing with financial investments than is currently provided for. Their is a distrust of the banking industry and this is something that I think should be addressed to remove the attitude of us v them. Get Out Of Debt Free at many points furthers the divide between banks and people and this is quite sad.
Citizens Advice Bureaux are very good at providing independent financial advice to people in debt - trouble is their funding has been slashed which will tend to drive people into the hands of GOODF / loansharks and similar.
CABs are finding new funding e.g through the Government "Money Advice" service and for specific tasks e.g. the new pension options. Our local CAB operates on about 30% paid staff and 70% volunteers. They always need volunteers because there is a regular turnover. One of the big problems is that people think they are in the pocket of the local authority or national government anyway so will be biased against the "little man".