"Ceylon" the UK's top Goodfer nothing

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

NG3
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: "Ceylon" the UK's top Goodfer nothing

Post by NG3 »

YiamCross wrote: It takes a big mouth on a stupid person to get arrested for something as petty as D&D in the first place but to force it to court takes a special kind of stupid.
So true and I would imagine half this forum has a story to tell about how stupid you can be whilst drunk, without being arrested.

You usually have to be pretty objectionable for a sustained period of time.
YiamCross wrote: PS Eta??
Edited to add - if I change, alter or add to a post in a way that could effect the reading of someone else's post I like to indicate the fact to avoid misunderstandings
Forsyth
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Forsyth »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:And a conditional discharge means nothing further will be done unless the person involved is convicted of a further offence within the time period of the discharge. :thinking:
I believe the offence has to be committed during the time period following the discharge, so any offence committed beforehand but which reaches court afterwards probably doesn't count. I suspect it may, however, make a judge more reluctant to grant a second discharge in a subsequent appearance in court.

There's some interesting language around discharges, particularly conditional ones. The discharge is usually referred to as the sentence, but technically it appears to be an order which effectively postpones the sentencing. This has come up a couple of times now as a conviction consists of both being found guilty and being sentenced. A discharge is considered to be guilty but not sentenced (assuming any conditional terms were not breached), and so someone discharged is entitled to describe themselves as not being convicted of an offence, though it does show up on a Disclosure and Barring Service check (what was previous called a Criminal Records Bureau check).

Obviously, this is based on the word used in the video, and so it may turn out the verdict was actually something quite different, such as not guilty, and just poorly described afterwards.
morrand

Post by morrand »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
NG3 wrote:It all seems strange to me. As you rightly say a discharge is a sentence and as such can only be handed down after a guilty verdict.
And a conditional discharge means nothing further will be done unless the person involved is convicted of a further offence within the time period of the discharge. :thinking:
You are, I assume, ignoring the possibility that he "discharged" the sentence by handing in paperwork saying, "All laws are commercial, notice to agent is notice to principal," etc., "and if you don't send back a notarized response written counterclockwise in purple ink by the light of the blood moon, you admit that the charge is satisfied and discharged forever and ever, amen."

Because, you know, sovlaw and stuff.
---
Morrand
Pox

Post by Pox »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
NG3 wrote:It all seems strange to me. As you rightly say a discharge is a sentence and as such can only be handed down after a guilty verdict.
And a conditional discharge means nothing further will be done unless the person involved is convicted of a further offence within the time period of the discharge. :thinking:
I'm not sure but I think conditional discharges are usually offence specific.

For example, if you are under a conditional discharge for burglary but then get arrested for being D and D, the 'clock' starts again for the D and D charge (assuming that you were not previously under a conditional discharge for being D and D).
In other words, to be treated more severely for an offence ( a slap on both wrists as opposed to one wrist), you have to have been found guilty of committing the same offence whilst under a conditional discharge For that specific offence.
Pox

Post by Pox »

Haining gets asked for a link to the incident and replies 'not yet'

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... 60&t=92095

What he means is - I haven't had time to edit it yet. :lol:
Bones

Post by Bones »

I hear Guy and Ceylon have fallen out, as Ceylon went on the piss without inviting Guy and we all know how much Guy loves a drink :snicker:
longdog

Post by longdog »

If he has received a conditional discharge that means he was found guilty and would be liable to pay a court charge of £150 plus costs plus a 'victim surcharge' which will add up to over £200 and he will have a (longer?) criminal record.

The usual course of events for a D&D charge is a fixed-penalty of £60 which doesn't count as a conviction (been there, done that).

Way to go Colon :snicker:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
NG3

Post by NG3 »

Forsyth wrote: Obviously, this is based on the word used in the video, and so it may turn out the verdict was actually something quite different, such as not guilty, and just poorly described afterwards.
There is the chance this is Haining attempting to be clever, something he's really not suited to, by deliberately misspeaking, with the intention to mislead, so that he can deflect from his own inadequacies, by pointing to someone else "getting it wrong", without mentioning that the error was based on his usual bs.
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

Pox wrote:Haining gets asked for a link to the incident and replies 'not yet'

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... 60&t=92095

What he means is - I haven't had time to edit it yet. :lol:
ceylon » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:31 pm
i can guarantee if i had not videoed the cops hitting me i may have lost
I would just luv to see that video. I notice that so far he hasn't mentioned anything about bringing criminal charges against the police for assault (hitting him)?
maybe now he has read this it will have jogged his memory and he will post to tell his members " NEWS FLASH!!!!1!!!!, THE ARREST OF POLICE OFFICERS IMMINENT !!!!!1!!!!!. And we will hear no more about it.
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

Bones wrote:I hear Guy and Ceylon have fallen out, as Ceylon went on the piss without inviting Guy and we all know how much Guy loves a drink :snicker:
Taylor has become a bum. He's scrounging a lot of late now. Maybe because Crawford has withdrew financial assistance? Taylor isn't as forward thinking as say Hayes or Ceylon come to that. Ceylon always seems have somebody lined up to be his next 'client' or cause to fight for..
Bones

Post by Bones »

Mark is back to old tricks

Except they didn't murder Mickey as Mickey is alive and is in the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWDbbI_q_Gg
NG3

Post by NG3 »

Bones wrote:Mark is back to old tricks

Pretty much just his usual sick exploitation of Mickey.

I think the claim that a man delivering a letter to someone's door somehow makes the CEO of Nottingham council culpable for attempted murder is not only patently ridiculous, and insulting to all involved, he's also insulting the average man's intelligence if he expects most people to look at that and not see Haining as a twisted individual.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Give us a summary guys.

What's the letter, what's the murder, etc.
NG3

Post by NG3 »

Jeffrey wrote:Give us a summary guys.

What's the letter
We're never told
Jeffrey wrote:what's the murder, etc.
A man trying to give Mickey a letter.

Everything else is just Haining trying to spin it in to something.
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

I really hope its notice to leave :lol:
He is a horrible old Git!!.
If people from Poland are called Poles Why are aren't people from Holland called Holes?
Pox

Post by Pox »

vampireLOREN wrote:

I really hope its notice to leave :lol:
He is a horrible old Git!!.
Mickey?

I think that he is just a 'sandwich short' and for some reason thinks that his problems arise from what MAY have happened whilst he was in a children's home. If he was abused, I have a lot of sympathy for him.
Who knows what effect such ALLEGED events can have?
However, they don't turn a bright person into a thicko.
No offence Mickey, but you are what you are (silk purse, sows ear and all that)

The 'horrible old git' is the one with the pony tail and the camera who, IMO,is abusing a vulnerable person for his own selfish reasons.

In short Mickey, you MAY have been abused in the past when you were a child and had no one to turn to. I am sure that the correct processes will be gone through, you just need to be patient as these things take time.

You are now an adult and have no reason to subject yourself to such abuse, you CAN walk away from the leech(s) who will bleed you dry.
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

wanglepin wrote:
Bones wrote:I hear Guy and Ceylon have fallen out, as Ceylon went on the piss without inviting Guy and we all know how much Guy loves a drink :snicker:
Taylor has become a bum. He's scrounging a lot of late now. Maybe because Crawford has withdrew financial assistance? Taylor isn't as forward thinking as say Hayes or Ceylon come to that. Ceylon always seems have somebody lined up to be his next 'client' or cause to fight for..
Inky Taylor has his hooks into Mickey Summers now. He was with him for a recent court appearance and even had the nerve to say on camera that he wanted to see the court file because he didn't think a fee had been paid.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Normal Wisdom wrote:
wanglepin wrote:Taylor has become a bum. He's scrounging a lot of late now.
Inky Taylor has his hooks into Mickey Summers now.
Does Mickey Summers have any money though?
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Bones

Post by Bones »

My favourite post of the day

Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

Hercule Parrot wrote:
Normal Wisdom wrote:
wanglepin wrote:Taylor has become a bum. He's scrounging a lot of late now.
Inky Taylor has his hooks into Mickey Summers now.
Does Mickey Summers have any money though?
Did Tom? Perhaps he's hopeful that ultimately Mickey might get compensation.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”