"Ceylon" the UK's top Goodfer nothing

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

midjit-gems
Captain
Captain

Re: "Ceylon" the UK's top Goodfer nothing

Post by midjit-gems »

That's the one. But I'm sure he had another business going, though it could be in his missus name. But I could be wrong and thry could all have been dissolved and he's now happily living on his birth bond
I call it as I see it
I speak my mind
I don't hold back
rumpelstilzchen
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

midjit-gems wrote: and he's now happily living on his birth bond
Would that be "dole" for short?
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
midjit-gems
Captain
Captain

Post by midjit-gems »

:snicker: yes :snicker:
I call it as I see it
I speak my mind
I don't hold back
Pox

Post by Pox »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:
midjit-gems wrote: and he's now happily living on his birth bond
Would that be "dole" for short?
Please correct me if I am wrong - and if anybody knows anything about the current benefit system in England, please enlighten me.

Dole = Unemployment Benefit?

Does this still exist?

Is it now called Job Seekers Allowance ? (JSA)?

If in receipt of JSA, doesn't the claimant now have to jump through certain hoops in order to receive payment?
(Attendance somewhere, is it daily, to actively search for jobs?)

If someone is not able to 'job seek' due to their circumstances, and are of working age, what other benefits could she/he be entitled to?

If someone had a loss making 'company' and was registered as self employed, what benefits would such a person be entitled to?

If the person who is unemployed has a disability (such as short legs), what benefit options are available to him/her?

To qualify for housing benefit, when of working age, what are the current criteria?
longdog

Post by longdog »

Pox wrote:
Please correct me if I am wrong - and if anybody knows anything about the current benefit system in England, please enlighten me.

Dole = Unemployment Benefit? Correct.

Does this still exist? No.

Is it now called Job Seekers Allowance ? (JSA)? Yes... Still colloquially called 'The dole'

If in receipt of JSA, doesn't the claimant now have to jump through certain hoops in order to receive payment?
(Attendance somewhere, is it daily, to actively search for jobs?) You have to be 'actively looking for work' and produce evidence to that effect. Attendance to 'sign on' is usually every two weeks but there are exceptions.

If someone is not able to 'job seek' due to their circumstances, and are of working age, what other benefits could she/he be entitled to? Income support, Employment Support Allowance (sickness benefit), Disability Living Allowance etc. All being replaced in theory by Universal Credit but the introduction of that has been a monumental train crash.

If someone had a loss making 'company' and was registered as self employed, what benefits would such a person be entitled to? It would depend on what Nation Insurance contributions they had been paying.

If the person who is unemployed has a disability (such as short legs), what benefit options are available to him/her? Employment Support Allowance is paid to people who can't work due to ill health if they can fight their way through the system.

To qualify for housing benefit, when of working age, what are the current criteria? It's based on household income and is a sliding scale. I don't know what the figures are to qualify but for the sake of argument a single person with no kids on £250pw probably won't get anything whereas a couple with four kids with a weekly income of £250 would
HTH 8)
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Footloose52

Post by Footloose52 »

JSA is also means tested, if you have savings in excess of a certain amount you still have to sign on fortnightly (this keeps your National Insurance or 'stamp' up to date) but you will not receive any payments.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Footloose52 wrote:JSA is also means tested<snip>
I think I'm right in saying the first 6 or 12 months is contributions based and means tested thereafter.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Footloose52

Post by Footloose52 »

Maybe now but it wasn't when I was redundant, I got nothing because of my savings.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Footloose52 wrote:Maybe now but it wasn't when I was redundant, I got nothing because of my savings.
I think there's a good chance you were badly advised by the DWP and you might have a claim for the JSA you should have received.
Contribution-based Jobseeker’s Allowance

Whether you get contribution-based Jobseeker's Allowance will depend on your national insurance contributions. If you have been working and paying national insurance contributions within the last couple of years, you may qualify.

For more information about national insurance contributions, see National insurance – contributions and benefits.

Contribution-based Jobseeker's Allowance is not affected by any savings you have. However, if you have part-time earnings or an occupational or personal pension, this may affect how much contribution-based JSA you get. For example, the amount of contribution-based JSA that you get is cut pound for pound for any occupational pension that is over £50 a week. If you earn too much, you will not get contribution-based Jobseeker's Allowance at all.

You only get contribution-based Jobseeker's Allowance for yourself, so you do not get an amount for your partner if you are claiming as a member of a couple. However, you may get income-based Jobseeker's Allowance on top of your contribution-based Jobseeker's Allowance if you have a partner, or because of your personal circumstances - for example, if you are disabled or caring for a disabled person or have to pay a mortgage.

Contribution-based Jobseeker's Allowance is paid for a maximum of 182 days (approximately six months). After that, you may get income-based Jobseeker's Allowance, depending on your income and savings.
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benef ... -allowance
Pox

Post by Pox »

longdog wrote:
Pox wrote:

Dole = Unemployment Benefit? Correct.

Does this still exist? No.

Is it now called Job Seekers Allowance ? (JSA)? Yes... Still colloquially called 'The dole'

(Attendance somewhere, is it daily, to actively search for jobs?) You have to be 'actively looking for work' and produce evidence to that effect. Attendance to 'sign on' is usually every two weeks but there are exceptions.

If someone is not able to 'job seek' due to their circumstances, and are of working age, what other benefits could she/he be entitled to? Income support, Employment Support Allowance (sickness benefit), Disability Living Allowance etc. All being replaced in theory by Universal Credit but the introduction of that has been a monumental train crash.

If someone had a loss making 'company' and was registered as self employed, what benefits would such a person be entitled to? It would depend on what Nation Insurance contributions they had been paying.

If the person who is unemployed has a disability (such as short legs), what benefit options are available to him/her? Employment Support Allowance is paid to people who can't work due to ill health if they can fight their way through the system.

To qualify for housing benefit, when of working age, what are the current criteria? It's based on household income and is a sliding scale. I don't know what the figures are to qualify but for the sake of argument a single person with no kids on £250pw probably won't get anything whereas a couple with four kids with a weekly income of £250 would
HTH 8)
Thanks.

So what would Haining be living on?
If on JSA, somehow I don't see him as being compliant enough to satisfy the 'actively seeking work criteria'.
Self employed with a 'loss making' company - I doubt he would ever have paid enough in to get benefits paid.
Employment support allowance - doesn't look disabled to me,so would he qualify?

Perhaps he sends his wife out to work and lives off her earnings?
FatGambit

Post by FatGambit »

The upper savings/assets limit for most benefits is/was £16k

For rent or council tax benefit the government set a figure based on individual circumstances for an area, and for every pound you earn over the limit, a pound is knocked off the benefit award, which is part of the problem because for every £1 you earn, £2 is deducted, so for many on low wages, they're worse off if they work too much.

For example my neighbor has two kids, her "applicable amount" (the amount she can earn before deductions) is £225 a week, her income is £245, so she pays £20 rent (£120) and £6 (£26) council tax a week, the figures in brackets are the real bill amount, so if she got £20 less benefit a week, she actually be £6 a week better off (because she would qualify for 100% benefit, I know this because she asked me to explain the paperwork this afternoon as she didn't understand it).
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

A meeting of the finest minds in UK nutjobery, with a guest Canadian thrown in.

Donations welcomed of course.

:beatinghorse:
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

I can say, with humble pride, that Kevin Annett is more batshit crazy than all of your British nutjobs added together.

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=10760

Have any of your Brit crazies formed their own courts and send out arrest warrants on the pope, the Queen, and the prime minister of Canada?

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Internatio ... _and_State

http://itccs.org/category/the-internati ... f-justice/

Thought not.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

we do indeed.
Try out cocoa interspace, if your stomach can take it

http://www.cocoainterspace.com

Insanity....
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

MY EYES! MY EYES! The riot of garish unmatch colours! The fonts! The worst of the 1980's websites revisited! YOU BASTARD!

I note however that it lists only Florida, India, and Ireland as the locations of their International Global Common Law Courts of Justice. No UK branches mentioned.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

"Global" old boy; the clues in the title.

Being imperialists, our jurisdiction is wherever we chose to place our gin, gramophones and sense of superiority.
afateworsethandeath
First Mate
First Mate

Post by afateworsethandeath »

I love that. That is so funny. I particularly like the list of heinous crimes that Iain Duncan Smith has been found guilty of by a jury of 85 people in a common law court. It lists them. Fraud, blah blah blah oh, and breach of fire regulations! Hilarious
Pox

Post by Pox »

afateworsethandeath wrote:I love that. That is so funny. I particularly like the list of heinous crimes that Iain Duncan Smith has been found guilty of by a jury of 85 people in a common law court. It lists them. Fraud, blah blah blah oh, and breach of fire regulations! Hilarious
This is quite clearly why IDS resigned - nobody would wish to be hung drawn and quartered by the health and safety executive.

I applaud those 85 people who found him guilty of such a heinous crime.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

longdog wrote:
Footloose52 wrote:JSA is also means tested<snip>
I think I'm right in saying the first 6 or 12 months is contributions based and means tested thereafter.
Don't know what the rules are these days but when JSA started it had both contributions based and income based variations JSA(conts) based on your NI contributions or JSA (IS Income Support equivalent). Conts was better and simpler, you had paid the NI in the previous (two min?) years, you got JSA. The alternative was income and circumstance based and a pain to work out even with a computer.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

SteveUK wrote:A meeting of the finest minds in UK nutjobery, with a guest Canadian thrown in.

Donations welcomed of course.

:
Is this a spoof someone's thrown together for a laugh - Dury, Bristish and Internationale ??