"Ceylon" the UK's top Goodfer nothing

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Normal Wisdom
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: "Ceylon" the UK's top Goodfer nothing

Post by Normal Wisdom »

Well, that was all depressingly familiar. A lot of bluster and wasted police time for nothing.

Mr Ravenscroft has apparently relied on his belief that the guy allowing him mooring owns both the land and the water adjacent to it and therefore he doesn't need a licence. Sounds like he's wrong.

It's quite possible that he wasn't aware that the boat was going to be lifted out of the water. Apparently there were 4 years worth of licence fees owing. I don't know if he had owned it all that time but he talks about having worked on it every day for the past year and at the start of the video he mentions that he no longer lives at the address on the document he shows the police sergeant. It's possible that the Canal & River Trust didn't know he was the owner or that they have been writing to the wrong address. Or possibly he knew very well that he needed a licence and simply ignored it.

I'd like to know more about the "stolen car" he was involved with previously.

In any case having seen the attached I'm not inclined to cut him much slack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRgE-a_plUE&spfreload=10
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

PeanutGallery wrote:I also feel that I need to say that I am disturbed by the readiness of the freetards to accuse anyone in authority who doesn't march to the beat of the freetard drum (ie anyone in authority) or being Nazi's which I feel contrasts rather poorly with what I have observed to be a number of highly anti-semetic postings both on GOODF.
Ironically (although I am sure he doesn't understand why), Mark (Ceylon / SriLankerC) Haining has just posted the attached on his YouTube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9Vy6YvRk-k&spfreload=10
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Exemplary conduct by the Sergeant - humour, fortitude and calm in the face of an abusive mob. Well done to him and his colleagues.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Question: if you own land in Britain that's adjacent to a waterway, are you allowed to construct your own slip? And if so does it need a lock or can it be open to the waterway?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

Normal Wisdom wrote:
PeanutGallery wrote:I also feel that I need to say that I am disturbed by the readiness of the freetards to accuse anyone in authority who doesn't march to the beat of the freetard drum (ie anyone in authority) or being Nazi's which I feel contrasts rather poorly with what I have observed to be a number of highly anti-semetic postings both on GOODF.
Ironically (although I am sure he doesn't understand why), Mark (Ceylon / SriLankerC) Haining has just posted the attached on his YouTube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9Vy6YvRk-k&spfreload=10
Ceylon has, in a thread he's thrown up on GOODF explained that he's been 'brainwashed' into saying "Nazi's" and instead realises he should have said Stasi. Ceylon then continues to encourage a general mood of anti-semitism and hate speak, for the record I'm not Jewish I just don't believe in tolerating bigotry.

Equally I am confused as to why Ceylon thinks he should have said 'Stasi', as I recall the Stasi operated largely in secret and when you knew they were there it was already too late. They weren't authoritarian in the same manner that the mob accused the police officer of being. In fact had they tried such antics under a Stasi regime, they and their families would have found life incredibly difficult. I also wonder why, when looking to insult someone he compares them to Germans, maybe he doesn't like them either.

That is an interesting question grixit, a quick google led me here. It would seem that you would need planning permission from the trust for a mooring, however I'm not sure about a slip. Generally most rivers have a number of slips strategically placed along them in the UK that are free for public use, they are maintained by the council.

I would suppose that someone could, in theory, obtain the necessary planning consents to build their own slipway, but a mooring would be more cost effective. Either way the boat, once in the water, would need a license to remain there.
Warning may contain traces of nut
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I don't know if this is a valid generalization or not for England, but I have found that here in the US at least, that by and large if you scratch most FOTL/sovrun types even not too deeply you will usually find a racist, many/most of whom are also anti-semitic as well as anti-catholic.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

notorial dissent wrote:I don't know if this is a valid generalization or not for England, but I have found that here in the US at least, that by and large if you scratch most FOTL/sovrun types even not too deeply you will usually find a racist, many/most of whom are also anti-semitic as well as anti-catholic.
There's definitely a strong undercurrent of anti-semitism, Jewish conspiracist, holocaust denial and Hitler / Nazi excusers in the UK movement. And anti-catholic church at least in terms of accusations of a paedophile conspiracy.
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

There certainly are anti-Jewish, pro-Nazi undercurents.

A very nasty anti-Jewish thread appeared on GOODF, and was deleted. The moderators may have feared legal action (incitement to murder, or whatever).
notorial dissent

Nice to know, he said :sarcasmon: , that human nature is so very depressingly consistent.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
grixit

Post by grixit »

notorial dissent wrote:I don't know if this is a valid generalization or not for England, but I have found that here in the US at least, that by and large if you scratch most FOTL/sovrun types even not too deeply you will usually find a racist, many/most of whom are also anti-semitic as well as anti-catholic.
A legacy from a 19th century movement that came to be called the "Know-Nothings".

. . . . . . Dr Pepper
notorial dissent

I hadn't thought of it in those terms, but yeah, although doesn't quite explain the English version though.
tm169
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by tm169 »

Goodf is becoming increasingly anti-Semitic over time in my eyes. Or at least more openly so.

Ceylon and other moderator Mareo are openly endorsing posts by a charming individual Kestrel22 who seems to be obsessed with Jews, homosexuals and the marxist agenda of miscegenation.

Jon Witterick is pretty much absent from the forum. Ceylon posts less and when he does it mostly links to his videos or Nottingham specific issues. Interestingly Ceylon has dialled back from A4V and promissory notes, posting this slightly breathless warning:
DO NOT use this method unless you know what you are doing
do not use this method if you do not know what you are doing.
if you do you may end up in more trouble
it would be stupid to jump in a car and drive if you have no experiance
same applies with Promissory notes
grixit

Post by grixit »

Just got one thing to say to all the Goodfs: "Gawrsh!"

. . . . . . Dr Pepper
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

tm169 wrote:Goodf is becoming increasingly anti-Semitic over time in my eyes. Or at least more openly so.

Ceylon and other moderator Mareo are openly endorsing posts by a charming individual Kestrel22 who seems to be obsessed with Jews, homosexuals and the marxist agenda of miscegenation.

Jon Witterick is pretty much absent from the forum. Ceylon posts less and when he does it mostly links to his videos or Nottingham specific issues. Interestingly Ceylon has dialled back from A4V and promissory notes, posting this slightly breathless warning:
DO NOT use this method unless you know what you are doing
do not use this method if you do not know what you are doing.
if you do you may end up in more trouble
it would be stupid to jump in a car and drive if you have no experiance
same applies with Promissory notes
The Kestrel22 posts are almost always disgusting but nobody on GOODF challenges him. I see that he condemns the appointment of New Zealand Judge Lowell Goddard to lead the UK enquiry into historical child abuse on the grounds that she is a "member of the tribe". Ugghh.

I have real trouble understanding Ceylon. I normally pigeonhole him as a moron with a good memory and a total lack of discernment. So he is prepared to post anything that appears to support his anti-establishment agenda and to memorise the relevant "facts" which he regurgitates on demand (and often without demand). He recently happily reposted a video on GOODF which he claimed showed that a section of the Road Traffic Act "proves" that it only applies to vehicles owned by the Crown. Obviously someone with a basic grasp of english pointed out fairly quickly that it actually said that the RTA also applies to vehicles owned by the Crown (e.g. military vehicles). The post remained on GOODF but the video link was changed to Jon Witterick's latest witterings. Ceylon's efforts to generate original thought (usually about events local to Nottingham) are frequently hilarious e.g.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z02lyTjEWw&spfreload=10
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

Almost as disgusting as Kestrel22's anti-Semitic and pro-Hitler agenda is Ceylon's continued abuse of Mickey Summers.

For anybody not familiar with the case, Mickey is now in his 60's but is claiming that as a boy he was abused by various people in the Nottingham care system. I have no reason to doubt his claims which deserve to be fully investigated along with all the others that have emerged in recent months.

However what I find stomach-churning is Ceylon's apparent encouragement of Mickey to involve himself in regular "stunts" to further his case (although it's often unclear how) but which "coincidentally" also help Ceylon continue his campaigns against Nottingham City Council, Nottingham County Council and of course the Police.

Mickey appears to be a vulnerable man and I am revolted that IMO, Ceylon is prepared to abuse him all over again.

Fortunately even he seems to have removed the video where they got Mickey to dress up as a baby in a nappy (diaper) and walked him into the reception at Nottingham City Council but here is the most recent example :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I79r82_CDIk&spfreload=10
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

I feel very sorry for Mickey Summers, largely because all he's doing is detracting from his cause, which is valid, by being made to perform these sort of stunts which are designed to draw a very specific reaction from the council.

Ceylon wants the council to ban Mickey from their premises. This is why he is having Mickey engage in these sort of stunts, this is to reinforce Ceylon's view that the council are corrupt and protecting child molesters. Ceylon doesn't care that Mickey was abused, or that the abusers may not have been punished or that Mickey wants justice. Ceylon wants to enforce his agenda and will not see past his view that the council and police are corrupt.

Because Mickey is being made to march to Ceylon's drum, the council are likely to find him vexatious, this is going to put him in a very precarious position which could have serious consequences for his mental health and general sense of well being. The path Ceylon is guiding Mickey down will not lead to Mickey feeling that anything is going to be done about his concerns, it will not lead to justice or restitution or an apology, it will instead alienate Mickey and that will be a great shame.

But when Mickey is alienated Ceylon will have gotten what he wanted.
Warning may contain traces of nut
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

This is what I find so funny yet also tragic about SovCits, FMOTL and the rest: any grievances we might have sympathy with (bureaucratic banks making mistakes, the many historical and current problems in the child-care system, access to justice, and so on) are drowned by fictitious garbage, utter stupidity, and shysters who tread on the down-trodden in pursuit of their own agenda.
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

littleFred wrote:This is what I find so funny yet also tragic about SovCits, FMOTL and the rest: any grievances we might have sympathy with (bureaucratic banks making mistakes, the many historical and current problems in the child-care system, access to justice, and so on) are drowned by fictitious garbage, utter stupidity, and shysters who tread on the down-trodden in pursuit of their own agenda.
On the nail that is Little Fred. I also find it worrying to the point of frightening at times.
Flying Daggers
Swabby
Swabby

Post by Flying Daggers »

PeanutGallery wrote: Ceylon wants the council to ban Mickey from their premises. This is why he is having Mickey engage in these sort of stunts, this is to reinforce Ceylon's view that the council are corrupt and protecting child molesters. Ceylon doesn't care that Mickey was abused, or that the abusers may not have been punished or that Mickey wants justice. Ceylon wants to enforce his agenda and will not see past his view that the council and police are corrupt.

Because Mickey is being made to march to Ceylon's drum, the council are likely to find him vexatious, this is going to put him in a very precarious position which could have serious consequences for his mental health and general sense of well being. The path Ceylon is guiding Mickey down will not lead to Mickey feeling that anything is going to be done about his concerns, it will not lead to justice or restitution or an apology, it will instead alienate Mickey and that will be a great shame.

But when Mickey is alienated Ceylon will have gotten what he wanted.
If my post offends anyone, please let me know and I will delete it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abuse

"Abuse is the improper usage or treatment of an entity, often to unfairly or improperly gain benefit."
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Normal Wisdom wrote:For anybody not familiar with the case, Mickey is now in his 60's but is claiming that as a boy he was abused by various people in the Nottingham care system. I have no reason to doubt his claims which deserve to be fully investigated along with all the others that have emerged in recent months.
These historical trawling expeditions are a crazy waste of time and money. Any adult who abused him is now likely to be dead or senile. There will be no records or material evidence which can prove or disprove anything. Sorry, but the opportunity for an effective investigation has long gone.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.