UK - Tom Crawford Calls For Help

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Re: UK - Tom Crawford Calls For Help

Post by grixit »

vampireLOREN wrote:
Well I guess we are marking time, it does not dilute the message if we were all sitting in a bar waiting for an expected incident to unfold.....would we not spend the time in expectation and also in idle chatter. :thinking:
Elton John wrote:Through the grease streaked windows of an all night cafe
We watched the arrested get taken away
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Burnaby49 wrote:
Bones wrote:
How can someone go on too much about pubbing ?

I suppose pub comments could be limited to Guy Taylor's thread as they relate to the topic of that thread
A foolish question. It's obviously impossible to "go on too much" about pubbing and real ale. Few British readers will have done as extensive a "survey" of British pubs as I have even though I live thousands of miles from the appropriate venues. So it's clearly a topic I'm willing to yammer on about all day. However I agree that if I do too much babbling on the subject it becomes a digression from the topic.
Have you thought of creating a webjournal on Blogspot or Tumblr about your adventures? You might even pick up sponsorship.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
PeanutGallery
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by PeanutGallery »

grixit wrote:
Burnaby49 wrote:
Bones wrote:
How can someone go on too much about pubbing ?

I suppose pub comments could be limited to Guy Taylor's thread as they relate to the topic of that thread
A foolish question. It's obviously impossible to "go on too much" about pubbing and real ale. Few British readers will have done as extensive a "survey" of British pubs as I have even though I live thousands of miles from the appropriate venues. So it's clearly a topic I'm willing to yammer on about all day. However I agree that if I do too much babbling on the subject it becomes a digression from the topic.
Have you thought of creating a webjournal on Blogspot or Tumblr about your adventures? You might even pick up sponsorship.
:beatinghorse: Probably not from Molsons :beatinghorse:
Warning may contain traces of nut
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Listen up Peanutboy. If you continue to gratuitously employ grossly offensive words like M*****s on this website I'll be forced to drop the moderator hammer on you. Don't provoke my wrath!
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Fmotlgroupie

Post by Fmotlgroupie »

Is "that company that owns Granville Island Brewery" better ;p (take that you Lower Mainlander, you!)
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

It's probably a good idea to have started a new thread to deal with issues around Tom Crawford's potential eviction as this one seems to have drifted a little (or a lot). Actually I rather forgot that my OP wasn't even about Tom's own case but about him sending an email to a large group of politicians etc to advise them of the "organised crime and international terrorism".

As one of those recipients was my own MP I wrote to them to ask about he Government's view on the "common law/ lawful rebellion/ sovereign citizen" movement and if they had any plans to deal combat the harmful and misleading propaganda they disseminate. Predictably the reply oozed with complacency. I imagine any response to Tom would have been in similar vein. We certainly haven't heard any more about this from Tom, Guy etc.

Neither have we heard any more about the investigation by the police's "complex crime" division in London.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

IMO, we should only migrate to the eviction thread after it occurs.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

Normal Wisdom wrote:It's probably a good idea to have started a new thread to deal with issues around Tom Crawford's potential eviction as this one seems to have drifted a little (or a lot). Actually I rather forgot that my OP wasn't even about Tom's own case but about him sending an email to a large group of politicians etc to advise them of the "organised crime and international terrorism".

As one of those recipients was my own MP I wrote to them to ask about he Government's view on the "common law/ lawful rebellion/ sovereign citizen" movement and if they had any plans to deal combat the harmful and misleading propaganda they disseminate. Predictably the reply oozed with complacency. I imagine any response to Tom would have been in similar vein. We certainly haven't heard any more about this from Tom, Guy etc.

Neither have we heard any more about the investigation by the police's "complex crime" division in London.
I suspect we haven't heard any more because the Police have dropped it, that is of course assuming they ever held it in the first place. Like all the failures in this saga I don't think we'll hear any more of it.

Certainly none of the tactics employed by team Crawford have worked, largely because they never had any real prospects of success. I would suspect that after the eviction the new owner of Fearn Chase will find themselves being threatened with various private prosecutions for handling stolen property and things of that nature. I don't think the eviction will end Tom Crawfords delusion.

What baffles me is that he recruited a legal team who have a wealth of experience at failing to keep their property, who then employed the same tactics that failed for them, and expected that he would keep his.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

Burnaby49 wrote:Listen up Peanutboy. If you continue to gratuitously employ grossly offensive words like M*****s on this website I'll be forced to drop the moderator hammer on you. Don't provoke my wrath!
Sorry Burnaby, I'll buy you a nice Canadian Beer when I'm next over BC way to apologise for my use of bad language.
guilty

Post by guilty »

PeanutGallery wrote:I'll buy you a nice Canadian Beer when I'm next over BC way
Nice Canadian Beer???
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

guilty wrote:
PeanutGallery wrote:I'll buy you a nice Canadian Beer when I'm next over BC way
Nice Canadian Beer???
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
longdog

Post by longdog »

Burnaby49 wrote:
guilty wrote: Image
That's strong for an English mild.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

Jeffrey wrote:Something about 1999 stands out to me.

Tom must have written to the bank claiming they changed the mortgage policy hence the: "unable to find any instructions from you to change your account" line that they keep quoting out of context as an admission that the bank changed the terms.

Meanwhile, we know that the endowment policy was being paid out of Mrs. Crawford's account and that it was she who stopped paying into it.

Is this the possible explanation for all this confusion. Did Mrs. Crawford cancel the endowment policy without telling her husband about it? The 1999 Customer Needs Analysis was also signed by Mrs. Crawford, that document explained to her that they lacked a repayment policy.

The only way I can see Tom not being complicit is if Mrs. Crawford cancelled the endowment policy without informing her husband. Then denied cancelling in 1999 when the bank informed them. Which meant Tom blamed the bank for the lack of a repayment method being ignorant of what his wife had done behind his back.
I have been wondering about the dynamic between Mr and Mrs Crawford recently. However, the question we cannot answer is whether she had anymore understanding of the endowment mortgage than Tom did (does). Did she understand the consequences of ceasing payments on the endowment policy and contact B&B to discuss how that could be resolved? Or did she really, as Tom claims, simply contact B&B about "life insurance"?

I am sure that B&Bs letter of apology and offer of a choice of mortgage type backdated to 1995 was a reaction to her telephone and personal contact in January 1999. The fact that the offer was backdated until 1995 might indicate that the endowment policy issue had (as far as B&B were concerned) been discussed before but not resolved. This would explain why B&B offered an apology in 1999.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

The truth is somewhere in there:
Bradford & Bingley have a record of a telephone call into the branch on 22nd January 1999 from Mr or Mrs Crawford expressing concern that they still have a £41,800 loan on interest only having surrendered the policy four years before when having difficulty paying the mortgage and that the account shouldhave been amended to repayment. Mr Crawford denies this telephone call.
Of course Tom would deny making that phone call, but the other possibility is that Tom didn't make that call, his wife did.
Bradford & Bingley have also produced a document entitled a Customer Needs Analysis. It is apparently signed by Mrs Crawford on 29th January 1999. The document contains reference to the lack of arrangements to pay off the mortgage and that the mortgage is to be re-arranged onto a repayment basis to make sure the debt is gradually repaid.
Customer Needs Analysis, reads to me as, they sat down and they explained the situation to Mrs. Crawford and had her sign a document to cover their asses in case the Crawfords later tried to claim that the bank had defrauded them, which of course they did anyways. But again, only Mrs. Crawford is involved.
“I cannot apologise enough that your account is currently on a Part Endowment, Part Capitaland Repayment basis. I have checked through my records but I am unable to find any instructions from you to change your account onto a Capital and Repayment basis.”
Here the bank apologizes for the lack of an endowment policy as explained to Mrs. Crawford in January.
The letter contains an offer to recalculate the balance of the account as though it had been converted to capital and repayment from 1stJanuary 1995.
Here the bank is extremely generous and offers to retroactively treat the mortgage as repayment for 4 years.
there is one point that Mr Crawford is equally firm about; he did not accept the offer in that letter to convert to a repayment mortgage, he didn’t see why he should
But why Tom, why did you refuse? Did the wife fail to tell you that you had to renegotiate the mortgage because she stopped paying the endowment? Did he even know that failure to renegotiate it would mean he'd get evicted eventually? Or was he just stubborn and didn't want to face the consequences of cancelling the policy? Or could they simply not afford the higher monthly payments of the repayment policy?
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

JonnyL wrote:I can't see anything happening till after the Nans funeral
Condolences to the family, but that opens some interesting lines of thought. Is there now an unoccupied home available to Team Crawford? Is there an inheritance in the pipeline which could buy a solution? I reckon that if TC offered B&B a (real) cheque for £43k in full & final settlement, they would take it and abandon the legal costs in order to get a quick, quiet end.

(This is a reply to a post on the eviction topic. Posted here because it's pre-bailiff speculation)
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
JonnyL

Post by JonnyL »

Hercule Parrot wrote:
JonnyL wrote:I can't see anything happening till after the Nans funeral
Condolences to the family, but that opens some interesting lines of thought. Is there now an unoccupied home available to Team Crawford? Is there an inheritance in the pipeline which could buy a solution? I reckon that if TC offered B&B a (real) cheque for £43k in full & final settlement, they would take it and abandon the legal costs in order to get a quick, quiet end.

(This is a reply to a post on the eviction topic. Posted here because it's pre-bailiff speculation)
There's a collective lull today, something is in the air for sure.
'Putin's left hand man'
JonnyL

Post by JonnyL »

Chris Spivey is an interesting character, I'm surprised there's not a thread about him on here.
'Putin's left hand man'
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

JonnyL wrote:Chris Spivey is an interesting character, I'm surprised there's not a thread about him on here.
Is he a freeman / sovrun / common law exponent though? From the little I've read and seen of him he is more your all encompassing conspiracy theorist and a particularly nasty one at that.
JonnyL

Post by JonnyL »

Normal Wisdom wrote:
JonnyL wrote:Chris Spivey is an interesting character, I'm surprised there's not a thread about him on here.
Is he a freeman / sovrun / common law exponent though? From the little I've read and seen of him he is more your all encompassing conspiracy theorist and a particularly nasty one at that.
He references common law, he has a section on his website for it. It's hard to know what he really is, he's kind of a bit of everything tbh but in a real BRUTAL way. Looks like he's doing a stretch inside soon for allegedly harassing the Rigby family.
'Putin's left hand man'
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

JonnyL wrote:
Normal Wisdom wrote:
He references common law, he has a section on his website for it. It's hard to know what he really is, he's kind of a bit of everything tbh but in a real BRUTAL way. Looks like he's doing a stretch inside soon for allegedly harassing the Rigby family.
Good. That was one of the most despicable things Ive seen since becoming interested in this parallel universe of crazies.