UK - Neelu Berry opens my eyes

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Re: UK - Neelu Berry opens my eyes

Post by JamesVincent »

aesmith wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:10 pm

There is no respect for verbal Wills.
I don't recall any law that validates a "verbal will" since that isn't a legally binding document. In at least the state I live in currently they don't recognize a verbal contract as a binding contract.
The short answer is: no. A will is a legal document, which lists down how a person called a “testator” would like his assets to be distributed after his death. A will also mentions the name of the executor of the will. If a person dies without leaving behind a valid will or intestate then his estate and all his assets have to be probated.
https://www.schomerlawgroup.com/estate- ... alifornia/

Just from a quick Google search.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Footloose52
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Footloose52 »

In the UK a will must be in writing - https://www.gov.uk/make-will/make-sure- ... l-is-legal
For your will to be legally valid, you must:

* be 18 or over
* make it voluntarily
* be of sound mind
* make it in writing
* sign it in the presence of 2 witnesses who are both over 18
* have it signed by your 2 witnesses, in your presence
SpearGrass
Pirate
Pirate

Post by SpearGrass »

In English law oral wills are only permissible for servicemen on active service. It's also possible to make a donatio mortis causa, to assign personal property (not land) on death by, e.g. handing over an item of jewellery, a bond certificate, or the key to a cashbox, to be transferred to the donee on death of the donor. Some common-law (real common law!) jurisdictions, e.g. Israel, allow oral wills, but with clear formalities, notably that the declaration is made to witnesses, and like witnesses to written wills, they can't be beneficiaries as well.

I'm guessing that the oral will Mrs Berry is talking about wouldn't be acceptable even if her sister had been a soldier about to go over the top, as I guess she's asserting that she is the witness that her sister left her everything.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

SpearGrass wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:17 pm I'm guessing that the oral will Mrs Berry is talking about wouldn't be acceptable even if her sister had been a soldier about to go over the top, as I guess she's asserting that she is the witness that her sister left her everything.
There's that but there is actually a written "will" from her sister, drafted by that esteemed jurist Edward William Ellis.

For some reason it appears to have been rejected as invalid :snicker:
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Albert Haddock
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Albert Haddock »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:40 pm
SpearGrass wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:17 pm I'm guessing that the oral will Mrs Berry is talking about wouldn't be acceptable even if her sister had been a soldier about to go over the top, as I guess she's asserting that she is the witness that her sister left her everything.
There's that but there is actually a written "will" from her sister, drafted by that esteemed jurist Edward William Ellis.

For some reason it appears to have been rejected as invalid :snicker:
Why was it rejected as invalid?
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

Why was it rejected as invalid?
Judge for yourself. Para 8 onwards.

https://equitygovernance.uk/wp-content/ ... nesses.pdf
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

SpearGrass wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:08 pm The defendant bailiffs thought that the magistrates' court didn't have a record of the order. However, they do, albeit that it's a paper record, so much harder to search than any other court order, which nowadays is digital.
Thank you for this summary. I think the Judge had a degree of sympathy with Leighton's complaints about the process of making liability orders:

7. During the course of this case, I received evidence from Mr Paul Sanderson, the revenues and benefits manager at the City of York Council. He explained the process by which liability orders were obtained by the City of York. Specifically, he explained how liability orders were granted by the Magistrates. In many ways, the term “order” is a misnomer, if used in the same way as might be understood in the civil courts of Wales and England. No physical individual order as such is ever actually produced by the court. Rather, the presenting officer on behalf of the council attends, with a list of those summons to appear. Having heard anyone who does attend the court, and subject to any amendment, the list is simply signed by a magistrate, and the liability order is deemed to be made.

8. Mr Leighton makes a number of points about this process, and challenges its legitimacy. He points to the apparent tension between what ordinarily is thought of as a valid order of the court, and that which this process produces. By way of example, he contends that this is not a proper record of the proceedings. It does not identify clearly the maker of the order, and it is neither stamped, nor sealed. Further, insofar as it purports to be the basis for an award of costs, then it does not comply with the obligation to make clear whether or in what sum such costs are rewarded. Of equal importance in these proceedings, Mr Leighton makes the point that, in the absence of any paper record, then the court should not be satisfied that any such liability order was ever made against him.

9. There is, of course, an important practical point to Mr Leighton’s complaints about the order. This particular method by which liability orders are produced means that there is no record retained by the court regarding making the same. How then, Mr Leighton asks, is he, as a subject of such an order, able to apply to set such an order aside and/or appeal the same?...

14. The first point that I have to consider is whether I am satisfied that liability orders were actually made by the magistrates. The practice of obtaining a liability order as set out above is potentially problematic for a local authority, or, indeed, any enforcement agent trying to prove that it was made. Here the documents provided to the court appeared at trial bundle 247 to 255, repeated as better copies at trial bundle 273 to 279, comprise effectively extracts from court lists,showing that on the material day the claimant was on the court list, and pairing that with a signature applied at the end of the list by a magistrate or district judge.

15. The documents, as I say, do reveal a series of problems with the process. By way of an example, the name of the individual making the order is not readily discernible. Secondly, what the magistrate or judges certify is the number of liability orders made that day. For example, by way of what appears at trial bundle page 277, the magistrates certify that on 21 June 2017, 1,474 liability orders were made.

It is troubling to me that 1,474 separate "court orders" can be certified with one illegible squiggle at the bottom of a 50 page list, and that no documentation is issued to declare the outcome. It seems like a lazy, complacent corner-cutting approach designed for the convenience of court & council staff. I would've expected 1,474 orders to be individually recorded and issued, even if this was achieved by a Word macro or some other efficient method.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
SpearGrass
Pirate
Pirate

Post by SpearGrass »

It is troubling to me that 1,474 separate "court orders" can be certified with one illegible squiggle at the bottom of a 50 page list, and that no documentation is issued to declare the outcome. It seems like a lazy, complacent corner-cutting approach designed for the convenience of court & council staff. I would've expected 1,474 orders to be individually recorded and issued, even if this was achieved by a Word macro or some other efficient method.
That situation was indeed the assertion of Mr Leighton. He also asserted that he didn't have to pay council tax as he had a commercial lien, notarised in Thailand, and that enforcement by taking control of goods was unlawful due to the Statute of Marlborough 1267. With a freeman on the land on once side and bailiffs who don't know what happens in court in the other, it's not surprising that the judge was misled.

It's a common delusion of pseudolawyers (see the Peacekeepers for a good example) that court orders are pieces of paper. But in fact court orders are the thing declared by the court. Then they're recorded by court staff and held in perpetuity in a court record. So in a council tax court, the council gives its evidence, the court makes the orders, the legal adviser records it and it's stored in the court register with an annexe (usually a pdf these days) listing each order. Some courts do get magistrates to sign the record the legal adviser makes, I've no idea why, but I guess everyone can be infected with pseudo-law. It has no legal effect.

The only reason for issuing a paper order is to tell parties what the court did, but the exercise of printing the paper isn't the same as the exercise of making the order. With council tax there's no legal requirement for the court to produce paper notifications of liability orders as councils can do it more effectively. If courts served them, councils would have to write as well - as the purpose of a liability order is to get payment - so the court's expenditure, which would be around £4million a year, would be redundant.
AnOwlCalledSage

SpearGrass wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:02 pm It's a common delusion of pseudolawyers (see the Peacekeepers for a good example) that court orders are pieces of paper.
Whilst I agree, paper is not a requirement nor are red ink thumb prints or Admiralty flags, but surely there should be a one to one, case X verdict Y for every case that is heard in a court that can be cross-referenced?

Holding it "in the court" does not pass that threshold. Not pointing fingers but Maidstone Magistrates Court refused to give me details on a verdict when I called them after it concluded. No surprise that the FotLers also cling to it.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
SpearGrass
Pirate
Pirate

Post by SpearGrass »

The fat feathery one said
surely there should be a one to one, case X verdict Y for every case that is heard in a court that can be cross-referenced?
Yes, and there is - every case is recorded in the court register which is held in perpetuity under the Public Records Act and from which an extract of an individual case can be drawn. Producing an additional piece of paper (which would be destroyed after 3 years) would be a pointless activity. The problem courts have is that it would take around £million to digitise these records (and even more in revenue costs to transfer them all manually into existing systems), so at the moment they're held in paper form and can only be searched for if you know the actual date.

If you go onto What Do They Know you can see MOJ's long-suffering Sian Jones trying to explain this to a stream of people.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

SpearGrass wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:02 pmThe only reason for issuing a paper order is to tell parties what the court did, but the exercise of printing the paper isn't the same as the exercise of making the order. With council tax there's no legal requirement for the court to produce paper notifications of liability orders as councils can do it more effectively. If courts served them, councils would have to write as well - as the purpose of a liability order is to get payment - so the court's expenditure, which would be around £4million a year, would be redundant.
While agreeing Leighton is an idiot etc, I still don't think this is a proper approach to the administration of justice. As a citizen and taxpayer, I believe it's fundamentally necessary for an adjudicating body to inform both parties of the outcome in writing. I cannot think of any other court or tribunal which doesn't do this - even the POPLA parking ticket adjudicator somehow manages to generate a notice of the decisions made.
CrankyBoomer
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by CrankyBoomer »

I wondered if Mrs Berry had gone quiet but it seems she posted a video yesterday though she seems to have moved on to Julian Assange

I'm just mentioning this in passing as this isn't the place to discuss it really. I was impressed with with Tortoise Media's Hoaxed podcast about the Hampstead Hoax. Now Tortoise are promoting a forthcoming podcast series investigating whether Amber Heard was the victim of a smear campaign. I have my thoughts on that case but I keep them to myself largely. A pro-Mr Depp YouTuber was against the podcast before it aired. Some of the comments underneath the video were speculating that Tortoise were in the pay of Ms Heard - though if as they aver she is stony broke I can't think what she's paying them with. Sorry - rant over - and I have no more to say on that (before the mods jump on me from a great height). Just that I respect Tortoise Media and didn't like them being rubbished.

Now back to Mrs Berry......
Last edited by wserra on Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Add "media" tags to url (the TV icon on the posting bar). Otherwise the video will autoplay (or, from some sites, not play at all).
AnOwlCalledSage

CrankyBoomer wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:03 pm Now Tortoise are promoting a forthcoming podcast series investigating whether Amber Heard was the victim of a smear campaign.
It is one of the oddities of libel laws that calling Depp a wife beater is perfectly legal in the UK, but will land you in trouble in "the free speech" US
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:04 pm
It is one of the oddities of libel laws that calling Depp a wife beater is perfectly legal in the UK, but will land you in trouble in "the free speech" US
Calling someone a wife beater is perfectly legal here also. Doesn't mean someone can't sue you for it.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

He can't sue in UK, it's a proven finding. Well, I guess he could still commence a case, but it would immediately fall to a summary judgement challenge.
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

Next Monday on Channel 4 at 9pm is a film about the Hampstead Paedophile Scandal in which Neelu played a role.

https://www.hamhigh.co.uk/news/24152249 ... confirmed/

Should be worth a watch.
SpearGrass
Pirate
Pirate

Post by SpearGrass »

I consulted my crystal ball, and it predicted that Channel 4 and everyone involved in this documentary will be accused of being members of the secret paedophile society, and Channel 4's TwitterX feed and switchboard will be deluged with abuse. In particular it foresaw Andy Devine and Neelu Berry ringing them up.
rosy

Post by rosy »

I'm watching now and have already heard what I think are Neelu's dulcet tones yelling outside the school.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Sorry for double post!
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

rosy wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:05 pm I'm watching now and have already heard what I think are Neelu's dulcet tones yelling outside the school.
Yes, definitely her. Sabine McNiell is (still) batshit crazy. Zero accountability, zero remorse.