Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

vampireLOREN
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: UK giro slips as bills of exchange

Post by vampireLOREN »

NYGman wrote:
littleFred wrote:
BLOKE: I'm looking forward to court action. Please proceed with legal action.

EON: All right, no problem, I'll make sure that you get sued today. It just seems a strange request. Not many people ask us to sue them. ... Is there anything else I can help you with?
Another Victory!
What a great mind...... :sarcasmon:
If people from Poland are called Poles Why are aren't people from Holland called Holes?
guilty

Post by guilty »

It is not unlawful to record conversations on your home phone, provided that it is for your own personal use. It becomes a tort if those recordings are published or transmitted to a third party.

That's common law, by the way, GOOFers.
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
longdog

Post by longdog »

Actually I'm not convinced you are correct there my friend.

As far as I am aware, and speaking as a barrack-room-lawyer of many years standing, an individual in the UK can, without notifying the other parties, record any conversation to which they are a party and do whatever they wish with the recording including publishing it.

Different rules would apply to organisations that have obligations under The Data Protection Act.

I'm willing to be proven wrong on this but I don't see where there is any tort involved.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
guilty

Post by guilty »

Ofcom says:
Can I record telephone conversations on my home phone?

Yes. The relevant law, RIPA, does not prohibit individuals from recording their own communications provided that the recording is for their own use. Recording or monitoring are only prohibited where some of the contents of the communication - which can be a phone conversation or an e-mail - are made available to a third party, ie someone who was neither the caller or sender nor the intended recipient of the original communication. For further information see the Home Office website where RIPA is posted.
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

guilty wrote:It is not unlawful to record conversations on your home phone, provided that it is for your own personal use. It becomes a tort if those recordings are published or transmitted to a third party.

That's common law, by the way, GOOFers.
At GOOFers Training School they must have several classes in teaching the point of :thinking: forcing anyone they have a conversation with to answer affirmative to all their questions , really weird and they all do it.
If people from Poland are called Poles Why are aren't people from Holland called Holes?
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

May I politely request that when law or official guidance is quoted, that links are given? Thanks.
guilty

Post by guilty »

littleFred wrote:May I politely request that when law or official guidance is quoted, that links are given? Thanks.
Sorry.
http://www.ofcom.org.uk/static/archive/ ... rvfaq3.htm
longdog

Post by longdog »

Like I said... I'm willing to be proven wrong but what does clause 5655655 of The Magnum Charter say?

:mrgreen:
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
guilty

Post by guilty »

longdog wrote:Like I said... I'm willing to be proven wrong but what does clause 5655655 of The Magnum Charter say?

:mrgreen:
It says:
Find the clues left by Magnum and a few trusty collaborators on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter.
Crack the codes and enter here to be in with a chance to win
http://25years.mymagnum.co.uk/
longdog

Post by longdog »

In that case I concede defeat and in accordance with freeman principles declare myself the victor.
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

One of my workmates had a conversation with a FOTL last week. (My employer has to deal with them now and again. We try to have fun with them wherever possible. WeRe Bank has provided hours of entertainment and distraction from our day job over the last fortnight.) The call ended thus, after my colleague had lost the will to live listening to said FOTL yak on and on about tacit acceptance by aquiescence, estoppel, BoE, prom notes, etc.:

FOTL: Before I go, I just want you to know that I'm recording this call.

Workmate: That's perfectly fine. All our calls are recorded here too.

FOTL: WHAT??!!! HOW DARE YOU RECORD ME!! I WANT TO MAKE A COMPLAINT!

Workmate: *hangs up*