Common law sheriffs/court

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

fat frank
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Common law sheriffs/court

Post by fat frank »

3 words ha ha ha

I don't know if this is really classed as a scam, but "i am a common law sheriff, I have a badge" I cant help but laugh at them, I can imagine they all sit around, telling each other how they are going to arrest Tony Blair, David Cameron and the Queen

I actually know one of these sheriffs, I asked them what power they have "loads", so can you arrest some one, can you order the police to do it, "we got loads of power"

I think this is just one of the latest in a long line of freeman/common law scams
longdog

Re: Common law sheriffs/court

Post by longdog »

In the messed up thinking of the average freeman / sov it's a perfectly logical step.

They know damned well (although they rarely admit it) that their tactics have never worked in a real court so to give them the victories they crave they simply create a whole 'system' of their own which will do their bidding.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

This has been a long standing sovereign theory derived from the belief that common law and sheriffs are the highest law in the land. Because of this, they can do all these wonderful things like arrest judges. Of course in practice they never get close. They also have the problem in the UK that even trying it and claiming it is a citizens arrest (which is legal) would have them on charges of unlawful arrest, assault and possibly a few other things like civil liability for damages.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

The common law court nonsense has been around for many years here in the States, with sovruns/freeman types holding court in a local cheap restaurant chain ("Denny's") and handing out "rulings" or "decisions" or issuing "warrants for arrest" against various government officials or judges. Of course, none of these "courts" ever accomplished anything other than to mislead the marks into thinking that something legal happened or that they didn't have to worry about a foreclosure, tax liens, subpoena, or appearance at a real court anymore.

Of course when a court marshal, a foreclosure team for the bank, or a tax collector showed up in the near future, our restaurant tribunals were nowhere to be found...
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

What makes the fascination with Sheriff's rather more humorous is that by pretending to be the Sheriff of Nottingham, a loon like Ceylon thinks he's being Robin Hood.
Warning may contain traces of nut