Mark Gillard UK, he's trying.

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

NG3
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Mark Gillard UK, he's trying.

Post by NG3 »

Pox wrote:
hardcopy wrote:Mark has got a new video up. He is in a shopping centre , I think all the brouhahaha that's been going on in his life has tipped him over the edge.....Excruciatingly embarrassing, he makes a right fool of himself and angers a crowd of shoppers with his antics and comments.
Just had a quick look to find it - maybe easier to ask you for a link if it's not too much trouble?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R6r5YfS4gg
hardcopy

Post by hardcopy »

NG3 wrote:
Pox wrote:
hardcopy wrote:Mark has got a new video up. He is in a shopping centre , I think all the brouhahaha that's been going on in his life has tipped him over the edge.....Excruciatingly embarrassing, he makes a right fool of himself and angers a crowd of shoppers with his antics and comments.
Just had a quick look to find it - maybe easier to ask you for a link if it's not too much trouble?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R6r5YfS4gg
Thanks. I must learn how to link !
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

To be charitable, he is perhaps having some sort of mental episode. Otherwise his self-aggrandizing, trouble-making behaviour would be inexcusable. Utterly pathetic.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Pox

Post by Pox »

Hercule Parrot wrote:
To be charitable, he is perhaps having some sort of mental episode. Otherwise his self-aggrandizing, trouble-making behaviour would be inexcusable. Utterly pathetic.
IMO he is just creating something 'sensational' for his radio show - a cheap advert in other words.

Don't know when this was filmed but it is said that he was too ill to attend court for the Haining injunction last Thursday?
Sponge
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by Sponge »

Couldnt watch all through that it was cringeworthy!
Not just this video but the last one that got deleted as well he is slurring his words a great deal.
Calling a pcso a nonce / paedo for following him was low.
Reminds me of a vid he put up where a lorry blocked him in and rather than ask nicely for the guy to move he was rude and abusive to staff and the driver.
Daft Ada
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by Daft Ada »

Foolish stunt.

I used to have a degree of respect for this guy seeing him "help" people.
Once again everything seems to have decended into talk about paedophiles
Who's more foolish?
The fool, or the fool who follows him.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

That was really quite pathetic from just about everyone involved in the video, both recording and featuring in it. First off, legally Mark Gillard can record footage of whomever he likes in a public place, even of children. However inside the shopping centre Mr Gillard was not in a public place, he was in a private place to which the public is invited. Management of the centre can ask him to leave and ask him to stop filming, they can't actually delete the footage, if Mr Gillard did not leave after being requested to he would be guilty of trespass. Simply put he shouldn't have been filming inside the shopping centre and shouldn't have made such a scene when he was informed of this.

However at the same time, the security guards escalated the attention by helping to create a scene. They should have acted with greater discretion, either monitored him discreetly before approaching - in order to assess his intentions and determine what/who he is recording - then questioned if an intervention was required. They also shouldn't have prevented him from leaving and in fact should have encouraged this.

The PCSO and local police should have had better things to do than get involved in this. They should at the very least have tried to have a short word with Mr Gillard to determine who he was and what he was doing, basic investigative stuff, then encouraged him to go back home and left him to his devices.

It was an atypical over-reaction to a nut with a camera and the sort of over-reaction that encourages them to go out and film the next day and the next day and the next. Having said that, this does not excuse the nut from being a nut with a camera filming in a place he, mistakenly, believed he had the right to film in.

It was very much a video where nobody comes off as being right and everyone is wrong for different reasons.
Warning may contain traces of nut
IDIOT

Post by IDIOT »

Mark has raised many points in this video as well as playing the victim card.

He plays the victim yet re enters the arena to provoke a reaction. He certainly got a very predictable reaction from the security dunderheads but videos lilike this have all been done before, nothing new to see here, move along.

The topic of interest here for me is how a bloke gets called a paedophile by members of the public for filming in the shopping centre. The public idiots in this shopping centre shielding their faces long after they know full well they have been recorded probably swallow the 'You are being recorded for public safety' bullshit.
IDIOT

Post by IDIOT »

PeanutGallery wrote:THowever inside the shopping centre Mr Gillard was not in a public place, he was in a private place to which the public is invited.
The public order act 1986 states otherwise.
hardcopy

Post by hardcopy »

Yes, in law he is allowed to film, even children.
But we all know that people are uncomfortable about being filmed by strangers with hand held cameras, that's why they do it, to provoke a reaction for their YouTube channel. There is a misconception that permission must be granted, which would seem reasonable, but in fact is not required.
However, a stranger filming someone else's children would be viewed with suspicion, and that's what happened at an event down here in Worthing a few years back, the guy had to be removed from the beach for his own safety for doing just that.
Security here were unprofessional, which is probably what they are, hired on minimum wage with no training, but expected to understand the nuances of law while trying to satisfy their employers and the general public against someone behaving in way which is not the norm.
Mark is not a fool, he probably knew the reaction was entirely predictable but was happy to provoke it a sad and unedifying spectacle.
And his insults and maniacal laughter to the PCSO were beyond the pale.
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

I think Mr. Gillard needs to get a real job & stop embarrassing himself on yootube filming irrelevant garbage. Jeez......nothing better to do with ur time.....really? I've just wasted 30min of my life watching that crap. :shrug:
hardcopy

Post by hardcopy »

Losleones wrote:I think Mr. Gillard needs to get a real job & stop embarrassing himself on yootube filming irrelevant garbage. Jeez......nothing better to do with ur time.....really? I've just wasted 30min of my life watching that crap. :shrug:
and....he asked that young girl "why don't you get a job" !!.....oh the irony.
But the whole story about a device being produced that by-passed his phone security and wiped the phone memory is just too James Bond .
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

he asked that young girl "why don't you get a job" !!.....oh the irony.
Well Gillard has his lung thing, which means he's not healthy enough to, for example, walk around a mall... :sarcastic:
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

Losleones wrote:I think Mr. Gillard needs to get a real job & stop embarrassing himself on yootube filming irrelevant garbage. Jeez......nothing better to do with ur time.....really? I've just wasted 30min of my life watching that crap. :shrug:
When I look for spare parts for Electronic Equipment I go online first/last/always.
Buying bits and bobs from little shops selling them cut price and expecting full customer service
especially if you are making a 'wootube' video of the transaction is not a reasonable idea, unless
you actually want a reaction?.
Standing in a shopping centre shouting out advertisements for TRIAL BY SOCIAL MEDIA makes you #1 look potty.
#2 Invite intervention by members of the public who enjoy confrontation #3 makes your channel look like the crazy guy
who goes around shopping centres with a megaphone annoying shoppers.
Mark, if you read this back off stick to what you do best helping people who want to pay their debts and actually by doing that are bullied by debt collectors. Leave out chasing after removal vans, visiting courts where people who do not like you are appearing, AVOID these people do what you do best.
You really do not appear to be well Mark, I hope you take stock leave all the others behind and concentrate on the genuine folk who need your help.
If people from Poland are called Poles Why are aren't people from Holland called Holes?
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

IDIOT wrote:
PeanutGallery wrote:THowever inside the shopping centre Mr Gillard was not in a public place, he was in a private place to which the public is invited.
The public order act 1986 states otherwise.
Would you care to point out where, I've had a brief look but can't see anything. My understanding is that the shopping centre would be considered private property to which the public is invited and that if the management company (or their agents/employees) wish to prohibit access to the property then they are more than able to do so.

Mr Gillard did not need to receive a banning order to be prevented from going on to the property he simply needed to be told by a member of staff "Go and do not come back, you are no longer welcome here".
Warning may contain traces of nut
NG3

Post by NG3 »

A shopping centre is by law a private place and you can not film in a private place without permission, and a failure to comply with the wishes of the owner (or their agents) concerning those requests converts the offence to trespass, and failure to cease and/or leave at that point can result in arrest for trespass.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I am beginning to think that Mr Gillard is a seriously disturbed individual who is going to do something like this once to often and find himself in real trouble. I don't know what the stalking laws in UK are like, but over here it can get you in all kind of trouble.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
NG3

Post by NG3 »

That's the thing with these attention seekers, because they are initially treated as a nuisance, and merely moved on, instead of thinking like normal people that it was a lucky escape, and avoiding repetition, they assume the leniency afforded them makes them impervious to the law, and continue with their foolishness, often escalating it, until their shocked to find themselves wrestled to the ground and restrained with the old metal bracelets, before being carted off and an appearance being booked for them before the courts.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

I have mixed feelings about Mr Gillard. I was unimpressed by his chasing of the removal firm that stored the Crawford's goods and was equally unimpressed by his filming at Wesley Ahmed's (I think) pre-payment meter fitting incident. I think he now acknowledges that he was misled to some extent by the Crawfords but, although he has good intentions in some areas, this seems to be an issue. i.e. he will run off filming some great wrong only to find afterwards that it wasn't the great wrong he thought it was. He also appears to be not very sharp when it comes to some legal issues (like taking a picture in court). On the other hand, he has apparently been the victim of some fairly nasty incidents at his home. Finally, I think he sends out mixed messages about his health and I can see this backfiring on him, both in legal situations and social/government situations. If you want to ask me more private message me please as some other information would be inappropriate to post on a public forum.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I'm going to have to go with really not very sharp at all since he seems to make a business fo getting mixed up in these farces. There is nothing being done wrong here except by the purported "victims" and he doesn't seem to have the discriminatory function to make that determination, which tells me he not only isn't very bright, but that he also really doesn't know what he's doing. I think this is a clear case of someone having way too much free time on their hands and no good use to put it too, and not trying real hard to find one.

He is going to insinuate himself in to the wrong one of these eventually, and it is going to go VERY badly for him, and he is going to be left at the side of the road wondering why.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.