Mark Gillard UK, he's trying.

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

YiamCross
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Mark Gillard UK, he's trying.

Post by YiamCross »

Next thing you know, he'll be saying no knives, cudgels or flintlocks. Damn shame.
hardcopy

Post by hardcopy »

TrialbySocialMedia wrote:Hey guys,

I've been a lurker of this forum for a while especially since the epic loss and fail by Tom Crawford. I have therefore joined 8)

I, like my others, began following and believing the FMOTL stuff but soon began to disregard most of it. In respect of of TC, well I unfortunately did take what was being said as fact. It's extremely disappointing that so many decent guys like me, Lettiser, Bamping, pyschodrilla plus numerous others are being labeled as trolls and shills for simply having an opinion on the very clear [non legalese] judgement in Toms case.

I researched the [non] successes of Ebert and O'Bernicia and was absolutley gobsmaked that TC was taken in by these people or was silly enough to use their past [failed] arguments as a defence.
Welcome mate, good to see you over here.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

3pm? i presume that's GMT?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Pox

Post by Pox »

grixit wrote:3pm? i presume that's GMT?
I am sure it is GMT - maybe on you tube at a later time/date for those that can't make the front seats.
TrialbySocialMedia
Swabby
Swabby

Post by TrialbySocialMedia »

Yes 3pm GMT
Pox

Post by Pox »

TrialbySocialMedia wrote:Yes 3pm GMT
Thanks for confirming and will it be available later for those who can't make the front seats?

If so, you tube maybe?
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Some curated highlights, please?
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

It is currently summer in the UK (though it is hard to believe from the sky). So we are under British Summer Time; our clocks show BST. So 3pm GMT on Sunday will be 4pm BST.

So Mark may mean the show starts at 4pm local time. I don't know.
TrialbySocialMedia
Swabby
Swabby

littleFred wrote:It is currently summer in the UK (though it is hard to believe from the sky). So we are under British Summer Time; our clocks show BST. So 3pm GMT on Sunday will be 4pm BST.

So Mark may mean the show starts at 4pm local time. I don't know.

Uk GMT 3pm guys. I hope some of you will join me on Skype as one or two of you have been censored on other shows I hear, or just pop in and watch for a little while, just so you know where I'm coming from on this FMOTL lark.....
TrialbySocialMedia
Swabby
Swabby

Pox wrote:
TrialbySocialMedia wrote:Yes 3pm GMT
Thanks for confirming and will it be available later for those who can't make the front seats?

If so, you tube maybe?
Yes Pox it will render and upload soon after the stream I understand. It's my first live stream so it will probably be a little raw and not polished but hey ho :-)
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

WEll that was a waste of time. High-speed bitching on the comments feed between society of the spectacal and someone called bag man and technical problems with callers.

Hardly anythign about the Crawfords though one woman did get some help with her problem with her electricity supply

Mostly boring I'm afraid.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Bagman and Society are quite fiery.

Although Society seems to be slowly figuring things out.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

Jeffrey wrote:Bagman and Society are quite fiery.

Although Society seems to be slowly figuring things out.
How to put his shoes on the right feet perhaps but anything else? Not seen any sign of that.
TrialbySocialMedia
Swabby
Swabby

YiamCross wrote:WEll that was a waste of time. High-speed bitching on the comments feed between society of the spectacal and someone called bag man and technical problems with callers.

Hardly anythign about the Crawfords though one woman did get some help with her problem with her electricity supply

It was thrown together at the last minute Y and of course their were technical issues. Give a little credit were it's due. I covered many topics that each deserve 3 hours each at least. I do plan on getting into a more meaty debate on these topics when I get organised with a sound mixer etc etc.

I will be presenting via People Internet Radio which is an already established platform that doesn't have the FMOTL as it's core ethos.

But at least I was open and honest about the FMOTL fairy stories, WeRe bank andrex cheques, my views on Tom Crawfords loss and the myths with wet ink signatures. Not to mention many other topics.
Pox

Post by Pox »

TrialbySocialMedia wrote:
YiamCross wrote:WEll that was a waste of time. High-speed bitching on the comments feed between society of the spectacal and someone called bag man and technical problems with callers.

It was thrown together at the last minute Y and of course their were technical issues. Give a little credit were it's due. I covered many topics that each deserve 3 hours each at least. I do plan on getting into a more meaty debate on these topics when I get organised with a sound mixer etc etc.

I will be presenting via People Internet Radio which is an already established platform that doesn't have the FMOTL as it's core ethos.

But at least I was open and honest about the FMOTL fairy stories, WeRe bank andrex cheques, my views on Tom Crawfords loss and the myths with wet ink signatures. Not to mention many other topics.
Tried to watch on you tube just now but says blocked by wmg or something?
hardcopy

Post by hardcopy »

Come on mate, the guy has put himself and his views up there. Personally, I have a lot of time for him, he is genuinely trying to help people.
It's easy to sit back and snipe at the man.
Ask yourself this, what are WE doing over here apart from mocking others ?
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

TrialbySocialMedia wrote:

Never said you weren't honest. Only boring, which is a far greater crime in the media from what I can work out.

I left about 4-ish to walk the dog and, rather pleasantly on such a sunny day, visit the pub. Wish I'd gone earlier.

If you want my advice I'd say get someone to watch the comments and get a sense of where to take the conversation so it remains dynamic and interesting. If you don't want my advice then tough. #

Good luck with the show, though, you seem a decent bloke and I'd say whatever the doctors tell you, you'd feel a lot better if you cut out the smoking which counts for a lot even if you don't last any longer.
hardcopy

Post by hardcopy »

Oh dear.
A Quatloosian calling someone "boring"
Oh the irony
Pox

Post by Pox »

letissier14 wrote:LIVESTREAM***LIVESTREAM***LIVESTREAM***TOMORROW***SUN 3PM

Via Wirecast on my You Tube Channel.

Trial By Social Media AKA ME Mark Gillard and my thoughts on the following....

Transparency (my criminal past), It's never been a secret.
FMOTL and It's problems
Bailiffs
Police
Rooftop 6 recent court appearance.
Tom Crawford
Courts
WeRe Bank
Wet Ink Signatures
Trolls and Alleged Trolling

ANYONE is welcome to ask anything they want, Call me on Skype during the show NO CENCORSHIP all are welcome, NO EDITING. Only rules are - There will be no gloating or abuse allowed on the show. There will no mention of anyones past who can't be there to discuss themselves.

I will create an event today on Trial By Social Media (You Tube) where you should be able to put in your questions. Ask your questions here in the comments before the show.

There will be occasional music (free license) and powerpoints whilst I top up on Tetley Tea :wink:

My Skype is Mark Gillard10 (profile pic Tetley Tea man)
Hi Mark
I listened to quite a lot live.
I think the problem is that you over promised but under delivered.
I'm not referring to the technical issues, it's just that your 'press release' intimated some sensationalism IMO.
Maybe this is why some were feeling disappointed?
Didn't much like the swearing ( and I am not a prude, by any means).
Also, I get the impression that this was your 'screen test' for a maybe upcoming slot on a radio show.
To finish, I don't know you but I understand that you have some respect in your community and appear to have a 'let's sit down and chat' method of communication ( in this instance) which is quite pleasant.
guilty

Post by guilty »

Ididn't stay for all of it, but I did feel that it was honest and reflected Marks personal knowledge and experience. Despite the teething problems it was watchable - and a hell of a sight better than most others we have seen.
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."