Mark Gillard UK, he's trying.

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

hardcopy
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Mark Gillard UK, he's trying.

Post by hardcopy »

guilty wrote:Ididn't stay for all of it, but I did feel that it was honest and reflected Marks personal knowledge and experience. Despite the teething problems it was watchable - and a hell of a sight better than most others we have seen.
Absolutely correct mate, for a member on here to dismiss it as "boring" devalues everything this site is supposed to be about.
TrialbySocialMedia
Swabby
Swabby

Post by TrialbySocialMedia »

YiamCross wrote:
TrialbySocialMedia wrote:
YiamCross wrote:WEll that was a waste of time. High-speed bitching on the comments feed between society of the spectacal and someone called bag man and technical problems with callers.

Hardly anythign about the Crawfords though one woman did get some help with her problem with her electricity supply

Mostly boring I'm afraid.
It was thrown together at the last minute Y and of course their were technical issues. Give a little credit were it's due. I covered many topics that each deserve 3 hours each at least. I do plan on getting into a more meaty debate on these topics when I get organised with a sound mixer etc etc.

I will be presenting via People Internet Radio which is an already established platform that doesn't have the FMOTL as it's core ethos.

But at least I was open and honest about the FMOTL fairy stories, WeRe bank andrex cheques, my views on Tom Crawfords loss and the myths with wet ink signatures. Not to mention many other topics.
Never said you weren't honest. Only boring, which is a far greater crime in the media from what I can work out.

I left about 4-ish to walk the dog and, rather pleasantly on such a sunny day, visit the pub. Wish I'd gone earlier.

If you want my advice I'd say get someone to watch the comments and get a sense of where to take the conversation so it remains dynamic and interesting. If you don't want my advice then tough. #

Good luck with the show, though, you seem a decent bloke and I'd say whatever the doctors tell you, you'd feel a lot better if you cut out the smoking which counts for a lot even if you don't last any longer.
Well that was more constructive :-) It is a learning curve and yes the comments went awol, sound was an issue etc etc. I take on board your feedback, so nice one.
TrialbySocialMedia
Swabby
Swabby

Pox wrote:
letissier14 wrote:LIVESTREAM***LIVESTREAM***LIVESTREAM***TOMORROW***SUN 3PM

Via Wirecast on my You Tube Channel.

Trial By Social Media AKA ME Mark Gillard and my thoughts on the following....

Transparency (my criminal past), It's never been a secret.
FMOTL and It's problems
Bailiffs
Police
Rooftop 6 recent court appearance.
Tom Crawford
Courts
WeRe Bank
Wet Ink Signatures
Trolls and Alleged Trolling

ANYONE is welcome to ask anything they want, Call me on Skype during the show NO CENCORSHIP all are welcome, NO EDITING. Only rules are - There will be no gloating or abuse allowed on the show. There will no mention of anyones past who can't be there to discuss themselves.

I will create an event today on Trial By Social Media (You Tube) where you should be able to put in your questions. Ask your questions here in the comments before the show.

There will be occasional music (free license) and powerpoints whilst I top up on Tetley Tea :wink:

My Skype is Mark Gillard10 (profile pic Tetley Tea man)
Hi Mark
I listened to quite a lot live.
I think the problem is that you over promised but under delivered.
I'm not referring to the technical issues, it's just that your 'press release' intimated some sensationalism IMO.
Maybe this is why some were feeling disappointed?
Didn't much like the swearing ( and I am not a prude, by any means).
Also, I get the impression that this was your 'screen test' for a maybe upcoming slot on a radio show.
To finish, I don't know you but I understand that you have some respect in your community and appear to have a 'let's sit down and chat' method of communication ( in this instance) which is quite pleasant.
Cheers for your feedback. I thought I was quite outspoken about the topics, although I was also trying not to offend at the same time.

Your quite right, this was thrown together to just get a grasp of 'live' so to speak. I am soon be to doing this on a much more polished and presentable platform within the next 2 weeks.

You deserve a medal for your patience, to sit through me, running my mouth off, for as long as you did.
IDIOT

Post by IDIOT »

The YouTube video is blocked in the UK. Probably down to copyright infringement.

Anywhere else to view it or can it be edited to get rid of the offending infringements?

I for one would love to view this.
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

I couldn't watch it either as it was blocked on my computer.

Mark, given the subject matters could you perhaps provide a 'word' version of your views on each subject. For instance, what really was said on court last week at the hearing of the 'Rooftop Six?. Your views on 'wet ink signatures. You can see where I am coming from I hope.
TUCO said to me:
“I envy you for the job that you do in helping advise people. If I could choose an occupation, this is what I would like to do. Much of the advice that I pass onto people is heavily influenced by your posts”.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Might have been blocked because he showed a music video?

I actually liked it although I only caught a piece of it.
TrialbySocialMedia
Swabby
Swabby

Jeffrey wrote:Might have been blocked because he showed a music video?

I actually liked it although I only caught a piece of it.
Hi guys,

The video is still showing so not really sure. In any event, I have downloaded it and removed the copyright song that was on the powerpoint I showed (forgot about that one). The other song was copyright free.

I am rendering now and will upload hopefully by tomorrow.

Cheers for your comments. I am learning as I go with all this techie stuff ;-)
TrialbySocialMedia
Swabby
Swabby

Bungle wrote:I couldn't watch it either as it was blocked on my computer.

Mark, given the subject matters could you perhaps provide a 'word' version of your views on each subject. For instance, what really was said on court last week at the hearing of the 'Rooftop Six?. Your views on 'wet ink signatures. You can see where I am coming from I hope.

I will try my best to get a word doc together. I can only comment on the 2 lads I saw (one remanded one bailed with curfew). The others I had good, reliable accounts of what happened.

Time isn't on my side with preparing this stuff (wet Ink signatures and warrants etc) but It is important, I agree.
TrialbySocialMedia
Swabby
Swabby

IDIOT wrote:The YouTube video is blocked in the UK. Probably down to copyright infringement.

Anywhere else to view it or can it be edited to get rid of the offending infringements?

I for one would love to view this.
I will be uploading an copyright free version tomorrow my friend :-)
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

To be fair, you're a lot better than Bastion Radio. They make an offer on air for the "trolls" (nice back handed abuse there) to come on air then refuse to provide the means for them to do so. And bravely throw in more abuse knowing there's no means to reply. Still, the 80 or so listeners appear not to be interested in any questions or answers which might undermine their beliefs so I guess they were happy.

No one can accuse you of not being fair and even handed. I'm sure your show will improve and ratings increase.
TrialbySocialMedia
Swabby
Swabby

guilty wrote:Ididn't stay for all of it, but I did feel that it was honest and reflected Marks personal knowledge and experience. Despite the teething problems it was watchable - and a hell of a sight better than most others we have seen.
Thanks for your feedback, I am minded to agree with YiamCross somewhat after playing it back. I myself only just about found it watchable. I have much to learn and things will hopefully be much better when I am on the established platform of PIR (Peoples Internet radio). The sound mixer and mic is on order so they should be with me this week. Hopefully they will clear up the tech issues I had today.

edited cos of poor grammar :brickwall:
Last edited by TrialbySocialMedia on Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TrialbySocialMedia
Swabby
Swabby

YiamCross wrote:To be fair, you're a lot better than Bastion Radio. They make an offer on air for the "trolls" (nice back handed abuse there) to come on air then refuse to provide the means for them to do so. And bravely throw in more abuse knowing there's no means to reply. Still, the 80 or so listeners appear not to be interested in any questions or answers which might undermine their beliefs so I guess they were happy.

No one can accuse you of not being fair and even handed. I'm sure your show will improve and ratings increase.
I can see loads of area's where things can be improved after todays experiment Yiam.

Agreed, to not give an open mic to those your speaking ill of you, isn't fair. I honestly quite often find many of the radio shows a bit boring, I feel they lack the host's character (If that makes sense). I personally feel one should throw stuff out there, engage with the chat box and just lighten up a bit. Also, I think it's always the same faces being interviewed all the time.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

Bastion Radio and its ilk suffer from the tedious repetition of a one sided self promotion of their own personal agenda. They're not there to get at the truth or reveal facts, they're only there to push their viewpoint and it gets old quickly.

Confilicting viewpoints add interest, reasoned argument gets to the truth and who knows, the listeners may learn something! Those who simply want to push and promote their own pet theories won't come out too well, shysters like Ebert and Taylor wouldn't last too long against anyone with a grasp of reality.

As I say, you seem like a decent bloke with no axe to grind, or at least prepared to leave it outside the studio door, so to speak. That can only bode well for the future.

I hope it goes well for you. I'm sure your ratings will go up while Bastion's continue to slide down.
IDIOT

Post by IDIOT »

Yiam. You Mention Bastion Radio, Mike West.

Mike is calling the Crawford's case out as another 'asset grab' as if the government are out there to get every property off people they possibly can for their own gain. Thinking logically why the hell would the government be interested in 'asset grabbing' as he calls it a poxy bungalow in middle England worth next to nowt?

Mike is putting a spin on the Crawford case that just doesn't have any mileage in it. Now why would he do that?
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

IDIOT wrote: Thinking logically why the hell would the government be interested in 'asset grabbing' as he calls it a poxy bungalow in middle England worth next to nowt?
It would be a very inefficient system. You would have to lend someone a large sum of money on the off chance that sometime over the next twenty-five years they default on their repayments. Also the government does not repossess the property.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
IDIOT

Post by IDIOT »

UKAR is government controlled is it not?
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

But Tom borrowed the money from B&B twenty-five years ago. My point is that it is the lenders that "steal" houses.
Last edited by rumpelstilzchen on Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

Might be an interesting topic for Mark's next show.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

TrialbySocialMedia wrote: But at least I was open and honest about the FMOTL fairy stories, WeRe bank andrex cheques, my views on Tom Crawfords loss and the myths with wet ink signatures. Not to mention many other topics.
Well done to you for that.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
TrialbySocialMedia
Swabby
Swabby

YiamCross wrote:Might be an interesting topic for Mark's next show.
A great Idea. It does seem odd for the government to be targeting the smaller, lower value property. So It would be interesting to get an indication of how many wealthy property types are repossesed in comparison.