UK - Tom Crawford - Eviction

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Bungle
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: UK - Tom Crawford - Eviction

Post by Bungle »

Normal Wisdom wrote:
I thought that it was normal practice to leave the contents on site and after the eviction to allow the former occupier to re-enter the home to recover them. Anybody got any ideas why this was not done in Tom's case?
For normal practice to work you first need to be dealing with 'normal people' and Tom and his family are anything but....

I did read a post from his daughter a day or so after the eviction to say that the family had received confirmation from the police that the families belongings were being safely stored and that the family would be given a period of 14 days to collect the items.
TUCO said to me:
“I envy you for the job that you do in helping advise people. If I could choose an occupation, this is what I would like to do. Much of the advice that I pass onto people is heavily influenced by your posts”.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

arayder wrote:
There is a video of Dean Clifford's 2013 arrest in which Clifford disciples, present at the arrest, have a pussy riot. One Deaner pretends a police car has run over his foot. Others stand in front of police cars. Every Deaner is shouting.

But one.

In the middle of it all there is one guy who tells his fellow Clifford disciples to back away from the police cars, stop shouting and implores them all to calm down.

There is appearently no such person in the Crawford crowd.
I haven't seen that video but I don't think that voice of calm was at any of the Crawford's pussy riots.
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

Bungle wrote:
Normal Wisdom wrote:
I thought that it was normal practice to leave the contents on site and after the eviction to allow the former occupier to re-enter the home to recover them. Anybody got any ideas why this was not done in Tom's case?
For normal practice to work you first need to be dealing with 'normal people' and Tom and his family are anything but....

I did read a post from his daughter a day or so after the eviction to say that the family had received confirmation from the police that the families belongings were being safely stored and that the family would be given a period of 14 days to collect the items.
Thanks. That makes perfect sense and completely pulls the rug from under some of his supporters arguments.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
JonnyL

Post by JonnyL »

Bungle wrote:
Normal Wisdom wrote:

From what i saw on can't pay we'll take it away, they charge the owner to collect item's from house at a later date also. Pretty sure it was around £300 to cover bailiffs fees for opening/locking up the house.
'Putin's left hand man'
fat frank

Post by fat frank »

it all depends on what the court order says, some its just get them out, some its remove all gear, and some its seize to pay for costs,
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

hardcopy wrote:It would be great to find out where that dumbo lives.
Better hurry, these types don't seem to be able to stay there long.

I'm working on some more writings but it is sinking into me more and more that the levels of ignorance, illiteracy and innumeracy are breathtaking. We are dealing with people who aren't sure how to spell "sale" and think there is some fundamental difference between an endowment mortgage and an interest only mortgage. How can you get people like that to understand even a simple legal judgement? I'm not surprised they have gone behind closed doors because in the presence of the average person they will always get asked questions which they will find awkward to answer.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
I'm working on some more writings but it is sinking into me more and more that the levels of ignorance, illiteracy and innumeracy are breathtaking. We are dealing with people who aren't sure how to spell "sale" and think there is some fundamental difference between an endowment mortgage and an interest only mortgage. How can you get people like that to understand even a simple legal judgement? I'm not surprised they have gone behind closed doors because in the presence of the average person they will always get asked questions which they will find awkward to answer.
There is one thing that fascinates me. And I need to know. Where were all these people before the advent of the internet?
I cannot believe that this amount of stupidity is the result of having access to the internet. Surely, statistically, there must have been the same amount of crazies walking amongst us before we had the internet? But where were they? We never used to see or hear from them. But they must have been there, somewhere. Where were they?
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:I cannot believe that this amount of stupidity is the result of having access to the internet. Surely, statistically, there must have been the same amount of crazies walking amongst us before we had the internet? But where were they? We never used to see or hear from them. But they must have been there, somewhere. Where were they?
You never saw them. Apart from the guy who had a sandwich board saying "The end is nigh" and "repent" who was in Piccadilly Gardens and outside Maine Road and Old Trafford. The rest of them were probably writing letters to people who promptly threw them away.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

rumpelstilzchen wrote: I cannot believe that this amount of stupidity is the result of having access to the internet. Surely, statistically, there must have been the same amount of crazies walking amongst us before we had the internet? Where were they?
Well the internet came along about a decade-/+ before the National Health Service and Community Care Act 1990. Given the time it may have taken them to latch onto the fact the internet was real ( and not a conspiracy theory) and actually existed (probably via their children) and the time it takes them to learn to spell a simple word such as sail Sale, Then this my give you an idea as to where they had been.
FatGambit

Post by FatGambit »

They had their own little newsletter clubs, usually advertised in the back of comics, all the internet has allowed them to do is communicate faster, the particularly bad ones locked up in mental institutions.

Regarding the difference between endowment/interest only, they were sold as two different mortgage products during the 80's, so you could have an endowment, repayment or interest only, there has been many cases of endowment mortgage miss-selling whereby the person wasn't made aware of how the endowment worked, essentially they were sold as an all-in-one package that was cheaper than a repayment, in the 90' a newer 'Australian' mortgage came along to make matters worse.

For anybody who did their research, the difference between the two was obvious, but for the vast majority, who were climbing on the property ladder for the first time, especially those exercising their 'right to buy their council house', the differences were never obvious, they were sold an endowment as 'the new style repayment' mortgage, it's similar to those people, and there are still a lot of out there, who don't understand the difference between buying a freehold and leasehold, some people are just so thick they put their trust in the person selling them the product, rather than doing their own research, and that person promptly sold them a lump of stone, just like PoE is doing to WeRe members.
guilty

Post by guilty »

Craig is Concerned!
Was this because of the Tally-Ho meeting?

https://www.facebook.com/craig.crawford ... 812333375/
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

arayder wrote:
There is a video of Dean Clifford's 2013 arrest in which Clifford disciples, present at the arrest, have a pussy riot.
I wouldn't use that term. It implies that these folks would be willing to demonstrate against governments situated east of Hungary. Which i doubt.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Explain what the video is about. Some of us can't view it.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

grixit wrote:
arayder wrote:
There is a video of Dean Clifford's 2013 arrest in which Clifford disciples, present at the arrest, have a pussy riot.
I wouldn't use that term. It implies that these folks would be willing to demonstrate against governments situated east of Hungary. Which i doubt.
How about "wussy riot"?
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

slowsmile wrote:
arayder wrote:
There is a video of Dean Clifford's 2013 arrest in which Clifford disciples, present at the arrest, have a pussy riot. One Deaner pretends a police car has run over his foot. Others stand in front of police cars. Every Deaner is shouting.

But one.

In the middle of it all there is one guy who tells his fellow Clifford disciples to back away from the police cars, stop shouting and implores them all to calm down.

There is appearently no such person in the Crawford crowd.
I'll give O'Bonkers his due that he did calm the mob down at Crawford's court appearance
Ah yes, I remember that moment too. The Crawford crew needs several more of them.
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

From the same poster who gave us: "Didn't Tom show the judgement to the bank" we have another belter:
Tom had papers lodged at court to "review and revise", because of the explosive nature of that document an eviction was rushed through to divert attention.
How do these people function?
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

Re: PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS
Postby tommc » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:29 pm
Any man or woman who has a claim for the land, property at, 3 Fearn chase, Carlton, Nottingham, ng4 1dn. You have 21 days to Contact, T Crawford, PO Box 550, 109 Vernon House, Friar Lane. Nottingham. NG1 6DQ.
http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... aUtSDTF98E
At least Crawford's post has a home to go to
guilty

Post by guilty »

wanglepin wrote:Re: PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS
Any man or woman who has a claim for the land, property at, 3 Fearn chase, Carlton, Nottingham, ng4 1dn. You have 21 days to Contact, T Crawford, PO Box 550, 109 Vernon House, Friar Lane. Nottingham. NG1 6DQ.
It's a virtual address. Mail forwarding - like PoE's 'Bank'.
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
guilty

Post by guilty »

It's also 2013. Maybe Tom was hoping that if no-one responded to his 'public notice' he could claim ownership?
longdog

Post by longdog »

wanglepin wrote:Re: PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS
Looks like a maildrop to me.

http://www.endole.co.uk/explorer/postcode/ng1-6dq
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?