UK - Tom Crawford - Eviction

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

rumpelstilzchen
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: UK - Tom Crawford - Eviction

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

Why would Tom use a PO box number when he was living in the house in 2013?
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
longdog

Post by longdog »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:Why would Tom use a PO box number when he was living in the house in 2013?
Maybe it's the postal address for one of his son and heir's business 'ventures'. I don't suppose the maildrop company give a toss what comes before the 'PO Box 550'. I could be 'Tom Crawford', 'GetRichKwik (Notts)' or 'The Kahzi of Bunggdidin'.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:Why would Tom use a PO box number when he was living in the house in 2013?

What ever it was he appears to have been a conniving SOB , I wish a long and fruitful retirement to him.
If people from Poland are called Poles Why are aren't people from Holland called Holes?
fat frank

Post by fat frank »

because his mortgage was up in 2013 and he stopped paying, so was expecting to be evicted
rumpelstilzchen

fat frank wrote:because his mortgage was up in 2013 and he stopped paying, so was expecting to be evicted
Ah ha!
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
Colin123
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Colin123 »

Looks like they are going to have another go at whipping up a mob to take the house back

https://www.facebook.com/events/1464114913881402/
Hyrion

Post by Hyrion »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:How do these people function?
My bet is on massive luck combined with chaos theory......
  • Even when you do everything wrong, things can still turn out right
The reverse of what's usually considered Murphey's Law...... the anti-Murphey's Law ( or s'yehpruM waL ) perchance.

:thinking:
Hyrion

Post by Hyrion »

FatGambit wrote:Regarding the difference between endowment/interest only, they were sold as two different mortgage products during the 80's, so you could have an endowment, repayment or interest only
FatGambit wrote:the person wasn't made aware of how the endowment worked
FatGambit wrote:some people are just so thick they put their trust in the person selling them the product, rather than doing their own research
Specific selection above mine.

The point I would add to that is:
  • While the proverbial used-car salesman would take advantage of the situation - that's not the only way it can come about
Throw basic human potential for mis-understanding into the mix and "bad things" can happen without any further incorrect behavior occurring.

Personal experience example:

I was in the bank the other day and the teller was pitching the current tax-free savings account. The only aspect of the account she mentioned was "the daily 1.7% interest rate". I mentioned that doesn't sound right, it's likely an annual interest rate and she insisted it was daily.

Later in the day I looked up the offer, the specifics are:
  • 1.7% annual interest rate, calculated daily, added to the account monthly
My bet is that it was an honest mistake on her part rather than a deliberate attempt to oversell the account.

The normal process flow is that the teller would provide the "and would you like fries with that" sales pitch with minimal understanding of the actual service/account details. Probably told in a meeting "try and pitch the 1.7% savings account calculated daily" and she assumed it was an annual rate.

Anyone that mentions "sure, I'd like to discuss the account with someone" would then be sent off to someone much more knowledgeable about the product. So before I signed anything, the next person would have filled me in on all the little details - and likely scheduled an information update with the teller in question (I would hope).

Simple human mistake based on limited knowledge that "could have resulted in harm to me" if I had not done basic research myself and instead taken the representation at face value.

On that note:

Who the heck wouldn't sign up for a 1.7% daily interest (620.5% annual interest) in order to drop money in that account and use the interest paid to pay for everything else? That's one heck of a return ;)

Get a max personal loan at prime+3%, drop it into that savings account, use the interest to pay off that original loan in 50 days. Any business with that kind of business plan would be out of business very quick unless they were bringing in mega-wealth from something else.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

Hyrion wrote:...

Who the heck wouldn't sign up for a 1.7% daily interest (620.5% annual interest) in order to drop money in that account and use the interest paid to pay for everything else? That's one heck of a return ;)

Get a max personal loan at prime+3%, drop it into that savings account, use the interest to pay off that original loan in 50 days. Any business with that kind of business plan would be out of business very quick unless they were bringing in mega-wealth from something else.
Coming to a WeRe bank near you soon...!
IDIOT

Post by IDIOT »

YiamCross wrote:
Coming to a WeRe bank near you soon...!
Yep, alongside the insurance services being touted for the future. Is there an WeRe Insurance policy to cover those being conned by Piss Take I wonder?
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Colin123 wrote:Looks like they are going to have another go at whipping up a mob to take the house back
That event was created on 1st June, before Operation Hooper. I assume it will now be re-purposed from celebration to revenge.

The critical question will be what support it attracts. The last event was pathetic, they didn't at any time show video of the 'audience' in the pub, because it would've shown less than 30 people (half of whom slipped away when the assault on Castle UKAR started).

Police will be monitoring, and if it's just a few dozen hardcore Crawfools they will deal with them tactically as necessary. If a bigger crowd is expected, or materialises from a secret plan, Police will probably exercise a Closure Notice under Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014, eg shut the pub down.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
rumpelstilzchen

Hercule Parrot wrote: eg shut the pub down.
No pub = No GOOFs in attendance.
BHF wrote:
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

Are they trying to get off their stools to raise a barely standing army?

Ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

Are the Crawford 'followers' really this dim?

So the GOOFER called 'Overdrawn' thinks the Crawford homestead should be retuned to him on the basis of the explosive nature of the "Review and Revise' papers that Tom had lodged in Court.

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... aV2Gig_PLZ
TUCO said to me:
“I envy you for the job that you do in helping advise people. If I could choose an occupation, this is what I would like to do. Much of the advice that I pass onto people is heavily influenced by your posts”.
IDIOT

Post by IDIOT »

Bit below the belt Bones.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Has anyone actually seen the review and revise documents?

Was Guy too busy drinking beer to finish them?
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

IDIOT wrote:Bit below the belt Bones.
Yep. I'd hazard a guess at about 12-15 stone below the belt and quite a bit more above it. How those axles aren't bending I do not know.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

IDIOT wrote:Bit below the belt Bones.
I deleted it as being unsuitable for Quatloos.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
slowsmile

Post by slowsmile »

Hercule Parrot wrote:
Colin123 wrote:Looks like they are going to have another go at whipping up a mob to take the house back
That event was created on 1st June, before Operation Hooper. I assume it will now be re-purposed from celebration to revenge.

The critical question will be what support it attracts. The last event was pathetic, they didn't at any time show video of the 'audience' in the pub, because it would've shown less than 30 people (half of whom slipped away when the assault on Castle UKAR started).

Police will be monitoring, and if it's just a few dozen hardcore Crawfools they will deal with them tactically as necessary. If a bigger crowd is expected, or materialises from a secret plan, Police will probably exercise a Closure Notice under Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014, eg shut the pub down.
I agree.

The "Wonderful Day" FB page has hardly any recent activity. I can't see the event mentioned anywhere on GOODF, never mind any other website. The only people likely to attend will be the hardcore ETFOTB members operating behind closed doors - I'd imagine a lot would be hard pushed to get to Nottingham twice in a month and they've had two recent demonstrations of how the police will react. Just hope that none of TC's supporters do any acts of crass stupidity.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

How about elegant stupidity?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4