UK - Tom Crawford - Eviction

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

BlueBurmese
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Re: UK - Tom Crawford - Eviction

Post by BlueBurmese »

notorial dissent wrote:I can't help but wonder if the entire family is not congenitally stupid, certainly from reading that illiterate gibberish from the daughter one would think so. They seem to have no concept of what legal process or practice is, and no real understanding of reality.
Yes. They are congenitally stupid. You only need to look at the fact that until at least 2011 (when my records stop), Tom, Sweaty Sue, and their three adult children, all in their twenties/thirties, were living in that pokey two bedroom bungalow. It was only when Craig and Amanda had children and discovered benefits that they left the nest. Nicol Crawford, in her early thirties, was still living there at eviction time - bear in mind that you can buy a flat (or even a house needing a bit of TLC) in Nottingham for £50-60k, affordable for even minimum wage workers - what on earth has she been doing with her life?
notorial dissent wrote:I can at this point see why Tom was listed as self employed, I can't imagine that he would be able to actually work for someone else without having problems, and I'm really surprised that he was able to make a living on his own as clueless as he seems to be.
I'm normally sympathetic with the self-employed, having been so myself at a point in my career, but Tom is an arse who deserves everything he gets. There were certainly ways that he could have stayed in his house but he went down the GooDF route instead. He had a long history of mortgage arrears going back some ten years which were nothing to do with his cancer. I seriously can't believe that five adults were not able to scrape together the £300 or so mortgage payments, even if Tom was out of action. It's either laziness, fecklessness, stupidity or a combination thereof. He must have been paying some bills, especially council tax, otherwise the bailiffs would have paid him a visit a long time ago.
Normal Wisdom
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Normal Wisdom »

I admit it all got too much for me last night. I just couldn't watch the livestream, it just made me too angry, too depressed and feeling hopeless that these people might represent the typical intelligence of the human race.

Perhaps I started to take all this too seriously. I had spent most of the day trying to create my first YouTube video knocking down some of the lies that Colon told in his recent video "What really happened at Tom Crawford's ..." but when I saw what was happening at Fearne Chase I realised that logical argument simply has no place in this.

Overnight, I have decided to take a more relaxed view. I realise now that I was wasting my time trying to present any cogent arguments. It goes against everything I believe and certainly my training but I can only judge these people as complete morons , incapable of balanced and rational thought. Everything in my nature tells me that I should'n't feel superior to them but I do, f**k it, I am superior to them. I'm more intelligent, more reasoning, more understanding, more balanced ... I could keep going. Watching them online is the modern day equivalent of a visit to Bedlam to laugh at the lunatics. I still feel slightly queasy that there are apparently so many people with seemingly so little education or basic rationality walking the streets, raising kids, voting but I just have to treat them as a guilty pleasure who I can ridicule as I please and trust in the fact that the main protagonists will all get their just deserts at some point in the (hopefully not too distant) future.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

hardcopy wrote:I assume it's still Toms place in theory ?
No, not at all, that's one of the basic issues. The moment the bailiff gets his foot in the door it belongs to B&B. That's already happened. They have no more right to be there than a burglar.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Jeffrey wrote:Did she say kevlar vest?
Yes, someone was going on about a Taser-proof vest earlier. Interestingly, I don't know what the law is on such things, it might be prohibited by some law somehow.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
NG3

Post by NG3 »

Normal Wisdom wrote:Is it just me or are a lot of these protestors short-arsed, chippy bastards?
Kids with phones taking pics and vids to trade for likes on Facebook. I doubt they have any actual interest in the issues or legalities of what's happening.
guilty

Post by guilty »

"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:Did she say kevlar vest?
Yes, someone was going on about a Taser-proof vest earlier. Interestingly, I don't know what the law is on such things, it might be prohibited by some law somehow.
I'm pretty sure it refers to the "police" type vests that one or two of these cretins have managed to obtain which bear the legend 'Bailiff Response Team" or something similar. I also have a feeling that I read a newspaper story that someone had a similar vest confiscated by police but perhaps I am imagining that.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
Footloose52

Post by Footloose52 »

Been following this for a while, there is massive negative equity in this now for Tom and Sue. The security costs are unlikely to be absorbed by the Building Society. They will end up adding legal costs to the debt as well as interest.

The listing of the property as a potential development site was probably nearer the truth than many think as was the price. This will mean that there will be further action against them for any debt remaining and a possibility of bankruptcy proceedings against them depending on the value of Sue's inheritance. Having worked for a bank in the dim and distant past I like to think I have a fair idea of what will happen. Mind you there is always the management view that further action is pointless compared to the aggravation and hassle they will have to deal with and they write off any remaining debt as bad - it can happen. The problem with that is it would fuel the GOODF's view that what has been done is wrong.

Mentioning the GOODF's takes me to those who think they are being denied access to documents (or that Tom is being denied) that will change matters are in total denial of the true situation. They are so wrapped up in their psychobabble that they seem to have lost the capacity for logical thinking if they ever possessed it. :beatinghorse:

That 'Court Order' for disclosure had me chuckling, is it real? It seems to suggest that the sitting was in Nottingham but surely it would have been in London?

Had the Endowment policy not been surrendered I agree (I think there were comments early on in the thread) that there might even have been a miss-selling claim but that was killed by Sue years ago.

As for the damage to the property isn't there scope for the current owners (B&B/UKAR) to take action against the 'demonstrators' for compensation. Mind you there might not be any assets to go for so it is a possibly hollow point (damn, we don't allow those in this country).

Interesting that Craig isn't posting on his facebook page any more. I have to admit at feeling depressed and frustrated by just how dimwitted the followers are, how do we produce people so bad at understanding reality. And boy are some of the followers being wound up by one poster in particular :haha:
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

Fantastic!!!!1!!!! Can't believe Ceylon is not even 52 yet. His paper round must have been very hilly.
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

NG3 wrote:
Normal Wisdom wrote:Is it just me or are a lot of these protestors short-arsed, chippy bastards?
Kids with phones taking pics and vids to trade for likes on Facebook. I doubt they have any actual interest in the issues or legalities of what's happening.
Actually I was talking about Inky Taylor, Leigh Ravenscroft and Colon as well as many of the other freetards. They all seem below average height (and intelligence). Tom is one of the taller characters. As Quatloos gives me a risk free environment opportunity to expose all my prejudices (well most of them) I can say that over 40 years at work I learned to be wary of short blokes with a bit of (real or imagined) power) - especially if they're Scottish!
hardcopy

Post by hardcopy »

Normal Wisdom wrote:I admit it all got too much for me last night. I just couldn't watch the livestream, it just made me too angry, too depressed and feeling hopeless that these people might represent the typical intelligence of the human race.

Perhaps I started to take all this too seriously. I had spent most of the day trying to create my first YouTube video knocking down some of the lies that Colon told in his recent video "What really happened at Tom Crawford's ..." but when I saw what was happening at Fearne Chase I realised that logical argument simply has no place in this.

Overnight, I have decided to take a more relaxed view. I realise now that I was wasting my time trying to present any cogent arguments. It goes against everything I believe and certainly my training but I can only judge these people as complete morons , incapable of balanced and rational thought. Everything in my nature tells me that I should'n't feel superior to them but I do, f**k it, I am superior to them. I'm more intelligent, more reasoning, more understanding, more balanced ... I could keep going. Watching them online is the modern day equivalent of a visit to Bedlam to laugh at the lunatics. I still feel slightly queasy that there are apparently so many people with seemingly so little education or basic rationality walking the streets, raising kids, voting but I just have to treat them as a guilty pleasure who I can ridicule as I please and trust in the fact that the main protagonists will all get their just deserts at some point in the (hopefully not too distant) future.
Normal, I realised long ago that reason and logic have no impact on these people.
Originally I felt sad because I thought these were desperate people driven by poverty and despair, but I quickly realised that most of them were freeloaders who thought they had found loopholes in the system that could be exploited.
Added to that we get chem trails, water poisoning, devil worship and a whole host of maniacal ideas and conspiracies cobbled together to add to the general air of madness and unreality.
Forget reasoning, join in, use the lunacy as private entertainment.
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

Losleones wrote:
Fantastic!!!!1!!!! Can't believe Ceylon is not even 52 yet. His paper round must have been very hilly.
He's not wearing too well. This is one of his videos from 2 or 3 years ago. He's obviously sensitive about ageing (presumably hence the poly tail and sunglasses perched on his head). There were even a couple of fantastic videos, now sadly seemingly deleted, in which he did a before and after comparison using an anti-grey hair preparation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuuTSAoLe_8
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

Footloose52 wrote: Interesting that Craig isn't posting on his facebook page any more. I have to admit at feeling depressed and frustrated by just how dimwitted the followers are, how do we produce people so bad at understanding reality. And boy are some of the followers being wound up by one poster in particular :haha:
Unless they are providing access to PC's in police stations these days, Craig will not be on FB until at least Monday Morning. Given the seriousness of what he was arrested for I can see them going for remand even after that. I do not buy into this arrest them for the highest possible offence then water it down to a lesser charge, I think the Police will try to carry this through. If they do not this could rumble along for the rest of Summer and that will not be good for budgets and definitely kill the overtime budget.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
Bones

Post by Bones »

Losleones wrote:
Wasn't there 4 people on the roof at one point, with Craig and gingernut that should be 6 people arrested. I wonder if Ceylon slipped off in the dark, to go hide somewhere
#six

Post by #six »

Bones wrote:
Losleones wrote:
Wasn't there 4 people on the roof at one point, with Craig and gingernut that should be 6 people arrested. I wonder if Ceylon slipped off in the dark, to go hide somewhere
As far as I can tell from the various videos there were 6 people in the house. 3 have been arrested plus Craig and Ginger Chris. That leaves Ceylon, a woman and a man (both called Tom!) in the house.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

I believe the yet to be arrested, which may or may not include Ceylon, although it seems likely he's avoided this so far (based on the Bastion Radio 'interview') aren't in the roof but have been forced to go on the roof.

From here the Police have two options, one is to wait them out the other is to get on the roof and force them down. All credit to them, they are prepared to go to jail to prove a point. A stupid point and a pointless one of course, but they have the courage of their convictions and soon will have a conviction to show for their courage.
Warning may contain traces of nut
JonnyL

Post by JonnyL »

I might have missed this bit in the thread, but why was the policeman showing the crowd the high court order to the crowd? What was the purpose of that? How did he get a copy and why was it relevant to yesterday? Totally baffled by it. Also wouldn't such orders be on some sort of headed paper?
'Putin's left hand man'
BlueBurmese
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by BlueBurmese »

Normal Wisdom wrote:Perhaps I started to take all this too seriously. I had spent most of the day trying to create my first YouTube video knocking down some of the lies that Colon told in his recent video "What really happened at Tom Crawford's ..." but when I saw what was happening at Fearne Chase I realised that logical argument simply has no place in this.

Overnight, I have decided to take a more relaxed view. I realise now that I was wasting my time trying to present any cogent arguments. It goes against everything I believe and certainly my training but I can only judge these people as complete morons , incapable of balanced and rational thought. Everything in my nature tells me that I should'n't feel superior to them but I do, f**k it, I am superior to them.
I'm finding the saga to be fantastic entertainment, and yes, I'm superior to them, although that's not hard given that the GooDF lot are a bunch of freeloading alcoholic racists.
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

JonnyL wrote:I might have missed this bit in the thread, but why was the policeman showing the crowd the high court order to the crowd? What was the purpose of that? How did he get a copy and why was it relevant to yesterday? Totally baffled by it. Also wouldn't such orders be on some sort of headed paper?
I think that was Craig's copy and given Craig was becoming more and more adamant that it was a writ and he should read it, i think he did exactly that. He then obviously started to point out it was not a writ and Craig would not be getting the keys hence the mutterings from the Pizza guzzlers. As to the validity of it, i think it was valid, all it does is order the County Court to release to the Crawfords copies of any documents and warrants they were entitled to see. Documents and warrants the Crawfords have already seen, it was not offering them sight of anything new. Why would you want to forge that?
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

Skeleton wrote: ... As to the validity of it, i think it was valid, all it does is order the County Court to release to the Crawfords copies of any documents and warrants they were entitled to see. Documents and warrants the Crawfords have already seen, it was not offering them sight of anything new. Why would you want to forge that?
Yes, I think it was valid too. Even bearing in mind there calibre of the people we are talking about, if they were going to forge a court document one would think that even they could make it actually say what they think it says.

Eventually, it's going to get them copies of the documents. They'll "forensically examine" them and pronounce them to be fake. They will try to raise a court action somewhere to get the house back on the grounds of fraudulent documentation. That will be dismissed as totally without merit, possibly without at the claim even being heard. Then they will start again.