UK - Tom Crawford - Eviction

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

UK - Tom Crawford - Eviction

Post by NYGman »

This is a new thread to discuss the Eviction of Tom Crawford as a follow on to viewtopic.php?f=47&t=10330 . While it has yet to happen, we have all read the legal opinion https://infotomb.com/cixyk.pdf where the Judge, using as plain English as possible stated that:
100. Mr Crawford has raised a number of points which he says should ground an appeal. I have scrutinised the points made by Mr Crawford in this hearing with care. Due to the public interest I have attempted above to set out as simply as I can the law which applies in this case and my analysis of Mr Crawford’s legal submissions.

101. The points made by Mr Crawford are either without foundation or legally misconceived. Factual assertions about changing the terms of the mortgage are misplaced; both sides agree that the mortgage terms were not changed. The legal challenges raised are misconceived and I have set out in detail above why that is so

102. None of the points raised by Mr Crawford have any substance in terms of potentially defending the possession claim. None of them can be described as a point with a real
prospect of success on appeal.

103. I have considered separately whether there is some other compelling reason why an appeal should be heard. Although this case is unique to Mr Crawford it is sadly one of many similar cases with which the courts deal all the time. It raises no new point of principle.

104. The Order that I make is that permission to appeal out of time is granted but permission to appeal is refused. The suspension of execution of the warrant for possession of 3 Fearn Close is lifted.
As HHJ Godsmark QC ruled that Tom that the suspension of execution of the warrant for possession of 3 Fearn Close is lifted, the next move by B&B will be to evict Tom from his home.

This thread is to discuss the Eviction process, the actual eviction, and the aftermath of the Eviction.

My early predictions are as follows:

1) B&B will get a High Court Order for a no notice eviction.
2) GOOFy will have a post to the effect that B&B have a fraudulent warrant. as there are no grounds for a real warrant, due to the fraud committed by B&B. There will be claims of no stamps, no required notice, and no authority or grounds to evict, as no capital is owed.
3) This will then move on to a claim of illegal eviction, and undoubtedly some additional legal action will be filed by Tom with the help of his crack legal team, in order to try to regain possession. There will be claims of property damage, and maybe even physical assault by the "Bailiff"
4) There will be a rash of YouTube Videos explaining how Tom's house was stolen from him, despite the court rulling in his favour. Claims of no Warrent, no grounds to evict, and that B&B have gone behind the Judges Back.
5) They will organize a march, and will actively try to take back the house

Feel free to add and enhance to my predictions, and comment on the actual eviction when it happens as we all know it will, now that TC has exausted his options, and refuses to try to come to a compromise with B&B
Last edited by NYGman on Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
IDIOT

Re: UK - Tom Crawford - Eviction

Post by IDIOT »

A month on since the hearing. When is the eviction likely to take place?
Llwellyn
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Llwellyn »

Hmm when will the eviction happen.. hard to say.. the original eviction allowance I BELIEVE still has 5 months on it.. And pending on what the B&B wishes to do, they could execute it immediately, or get more legal stuff lined up in the background and then proceed.
That being said, I have no doubts that they will proceed, just when, is the actual question . ! :)
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

I'd wager it will be soon. They aren't going to steam in while tensions are reasonably high and will wait for things to have cooled down. They may well be trying to escalate the eviction to the High Court and appointing HCEO's to deal with the matter. If so, then Tom will be evicted and their won't be much that can be done to stop this.

At the moment UKAR are probably either waiting for the bailiffs to clear a slot for them to evict or looking to punt it up to the High Court and then waiting for the HCEO's to have a slot available. UKAR aren't going to be in a rush, any arrears generated during this period will just be offset against the property value when it is sold. While they have a duty to minimise those costs to Tom, at the same time they will want to make sure the due process is followed. They will be dotting the i's and crossing the t's.

I don't think anyone outside of the immediate chain of those who need to know, will know until after it has begun. I would even question whether we will get video of the actual eviction, unless Tom or his family film for us.
Warning may contain traces of nut
IDIOT

Post by IDIOT »

PeanutGallery wrote: They will be dotting the i's and crossing the t's.
and a seal of course. Be like buying a crate of oranges and the seller gives you a punnet of strawberries without a seal. :D
JonnyL

Post by JonnyL »

Don't forget the four corner rule guys...
'Putin's left hand man'
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

My prediction: the next early morning that's cold and drippy (by british standards of course), the bailiffs will execute a prearranged plan.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
midjit-gems
Captain
Captain

Post by midjit-gems »

I thought the warrant ran out on 10th June. Could be wrong though. My money is on dawn wake up call sometime next week . Possible police presence incase they get a call out for help
I call it as I see it
I speak my mind
I don't hold back
JonnyL

Post by JonnyL »

I can't see anything happening till after the Nans funeral, i don't think they should be evicted till after that TBH.
'Putin's left hand man'
midjit-gems
Captain
Captain

Post by midjit-gems »

JonnyL wrote:I can't see anything happening till after the Nans funeral, i don't think they should be evicted till after that TBH.
Does ukar/b&b know about it though? Do they even care? It's not up to us to say when it should happen or it would have happened already. However they are now getting complacent and laughing about it, because if we were right then clearly the only reason they haven't been evicted as yet is that the bailiffs are obviously too busy to come get them out *laughs*
I call it as I see it
I speak my mind
I don't hold back
JonnyL

Post by JonnyL »

midjit-gems wrote:
JonnyL wrote:I can't see anything happening till after the Nans funeral, i don't think they should be evicted till after that TBH.
Does ukar/b&b know about it though? Do they even care? It's not up to us to say when it should happen or it would have happened already. However they are now getting complacent and laughing about it, because if we were right then clearly the only reason they haven't been evicted as yet is that the bailiffs are obviously too busy to come get them out *laughs*
I don't know how UKAR will know about the death tbh, they prob won't unless they view Tom's page, if they did they'd probably give them some time before giving them their long overdue reality check. This repo is interesting because a friend of mine is currently under a suspended possession order and he's failing miserably to comply with it, but the mortgage lender is bending over backwards to help him keep his home, I'm sure the Crawford's would've have had similar gestures in the past from B&B. If it goes ahead and I'm sure it will they've only got themselves to blame.
'Putin's left hand man'
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

IDIOT wrote:
PeanutGallery wrote: They will be dotting the i's and crossing the t's.
and a seal of course. Be like buying a crate of oranges and the seller gives you a punnet of strawberries without a seal. :D
I imagine they'll even consider getting a wax seal, a cuddly seal, a clubbed seal, Seal and all manner of other sealy things to make sure they are well covered on the whole seal front.
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

PeanutGallery wrote:
I imagine they'll even consider getting a wax seal, a cuddly seal, a clubbed seal, Seal and all manner of other sealy things to make sure they are well covered on the whole seal front.
I have to wonder how the freeman read seal
And let us not forget, if a Court Document is addressed to a male it is “commonly known as” a Seal and to a female it must be a Lucile.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

wanglepin wrote:And let us not forget, if a Court Document is addressed to a male it is “commonly known as” a Seal and to a female it must be a Lucile.
Celia is an acceptable alternative in civil court proceedings.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

wanglepin wrote:
PeanutGallery wrote:
I have to wonder how the freeman read seal
And let us not forget, if a Court Document is addressed to a male it is “commonly known as” a Seal and to a female it must be a Lucile.
How is this for a Seal... Image

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

Someone didn't click on my link. :thinking:
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

I did, felt the picture was required though...

LordEd

Post by LordEd »

grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Hercule Parrot wrote:
wanglepin wrote:And let us not forget, if a Court Document is addressed to a male it is “commonly known as” a Seal and to a female it must be a Lucile.
Celia is an acceptable alternative in civil court proceedings.
As the judge said after handing down a sentence of imprisonment, "Celia later".
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
slowsmile

Post by slowsmile »

wanglepin wrote: I have to wonder how the freeman read seal
At the Loonyversity of GOODF.

IIRC the team they fielded on Universally Challenged was - Taylor - reading seals, Ebert - reading between the lines, O'Bonkers - reading comics & Haining - writing !!!!!!!!!!