UK - Tom Crawford - Eviction

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

YiamCross
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: UK - Tom Crawford - Eviction

Post by YiamCross »

daveBeeston wrote:
I doubt it will go that low im expecting it to be around the £60k mark plus any bidder would have to provide proof of funds before they would be allowed to bid and i strongly suspect the family could'nt come up with anywhere near that amount(despite their claims).Plus if they devalue one of the properties on the street that much it will effect all the properties on that street if any try to sell in the future.
Wouldn't it be funny, though, if they did manage to buy it back and it was repossessed again to cover the negative equity left after all the costs had been added onto the original debt. They could go down in history as being the most stupid people ever to own and lose a house twice.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

I really think this will be sold at auction and not "behind closed doors". I can't see the seller not wanting to make this clean and above board, and that means a public auction. If it takes until Oct or Nov to organise it, so be it. (If it makes enough at auction it's the Crawfords who are paying anyway.)
As I said previously, these days I believe you are pre-checked to bid. The auctioneers will want some sort of proof that you are genuine, legit and ready to buy. If they don't, hammer fall is exchange of contracts anyway. I don't know what the going rate for damages is but +4 over base rate wasn't unusual. For those playing in the colonies (or the Crawfords), exchange of contract is deal done, all money in 4 weeks (usually). Any money late is at damages rate. Any extra costs caused by your delay you will be charged for. Walk away and it is a slam dunk for the vendor to win in court against you for whatever they throw at you, and, trust me, 4 over base interest on £60k, compounded daily possibly, and all costs is a lot of money.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
ArthurWankspittle

fat frank wrote:I don't know what tom and sue are worried about, they are living in sues mums house....
I know what they should be worried about but probably aren't - 3 Fearn Close making more than the Crawfords owe in costs. Sue and Tom's inheritance is going to pay any shortfall. Now they might get away with a charge on the house but whatever happens the Tom and Sue or Amanda and Craig generation will be paying for it.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
fat frank

Post by fat frank »

I hope they get evicted from there new house, be funny getting evicted to pay the costs of the first eviction, that's the freeman way
JonnyL

Post by JonnyL »

I think I've found it, anyone got £47,500k spare? Lololol formal tender only, so it might make a bit more, it'll be sold by August 5th. No internal viewings available, viewings by drone flyover only :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for ... 69092.html
'Putin's left hand man'
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

JonnyL wrote:I think I've found it, anyone got £47,500k spare? Lololol formal tender only, so it might make a bit more, it'll be sold by August 5th. No internal viewings available, viewings by drone flyover only :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

£47,500? Crikey!
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
JonnyL

Post by JonnyL »

Normal Wisdom wrote:
JonnyL wrote:I think I've found it, anyone got £47,500k spare? Lololol formal tender only, so it might make a bit more, it'll be sold by August 5th. No internal viewings available, viewings by drone flyover only :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

£47,500? Crikey!
I think that £47.5k is to simply cover the amount owed, I initially thought they were going to knock down the house and just sell the land.
'Putin's left hand man'
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

Just seen this on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Betty-Cr ... k=timeline

Betty Crawford the chicken

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Normal Wisdom wrote:

£47,500? Crikey!
Some discount, looks like a similar property sold for 97k. Looks like Tom is in for another big loss, his equity!
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
ArthurWankspittle

http://www.vebra.com/details/property/25723616

Don't you just hate it when you go to a viewing and all you get it a guard dog biting your leg while you try to peer through the steel shutters on the windows?
JonnyL

Post by JonnyL »

NYGman wrote:
Normal Wisdom wrote:

£47,500? Crikey!
Some discount, looks like a similar property sold for 97k. Looks like Tom is in for another big loss, his equity!
He owed £44k on the capital, plus all of the failed court costs, plus interest on that amount and with a ton of security to pay for he'll end up owing 10's of thousands! but this price is a direct result of getting Response involved, they won't just ensure you end up on the streets they make sure you'll end up bankrupt too! I find the 'land development' term interesting, are they suggesting the house will no longer be there after purchase?
'Putin's left hand man'
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

All kicking off on the eviction page now apparently

Someone just said "I thought it was illegal to sell stolen property"
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
ArthurWankspittle

JonnyL wrote:He owed £44k on the capital, plus all of the failed court costs, plus interest on that amount and with a ton of security to pay for he'll end up owing 10's of thousands! but this price is a direct result of getting Response involved, they won't just ensure you end up on the streets they make sure you'll end up bankrupt too! I find the 'land development' term interesting, are they suggesting the house will no longer be there after purchase?
£47.5k barely will cover the £43k capital plus interest and mortgage costs. He's then got selling costs (£1k-3k?). UKAR/B&B legal fees (£10-£15k?). Security set up (£2k-£5k?) Security costs (One man hour 24/7 is about £2.5k. Crawfords claimed up 10 security guards were there I think, so that's £25k a week) Let's pretend it averages 2 men full time. That's 5 weeks min at £5k a week = £25k. Best case Crawfords owe £75k (based on only one security guard). Worst case £95.5k. Crawfords come out with between minus £20k and minus £40k. They've just inherited some property too, what bad timing. Maybe they could mortgage it to raise the money? :haha:
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

I read the description a couple of times and it does seem to be very clear that it is a 'Land development' !!! Does this mean that the bungalow is to be demolished and the price is for the land only? Interesting.

That would put a stop to the silly idiots who may try to regain control of the property again.

PS: That would also explain the reason why the actual brochure does NOT provide measurements for all the rooms.
TUCO said to me:
“I envy you for the job that you do in helping advise people. If I could choose an occupation, this is what I would like to do. Much of the advice that I pass onto people is heavily influenced by your posts”.
JonnyL

Post by JonnyL »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
JonnyL wrote:He owed £44k on the capital, plus all of the failed court costs, plus interest on that amount and with a ton of security to pay for he'll end up owing 10's of thousands! but this price is a direct result of getting Response involved, they won't just ensure you end up on the streets they make sure you'll end up bankrupt too! I find the 'land development' term interesting, are they suggesting the house will no longer be there after purchase?
£47.5k barely will cover the £43k capital plus interest and mortgage costs. He's then got selling costs (£1k-3k?). UKAR/B&B legal fees (£10-£15k?). Security set up (£2k-£5k?) Security costs (One man hour 24/7 is about £2.5k. Crawfords claimed up 10 security guards were there I think, so that's £25k a week) Let's pretend it averages 2 men full time. That's 5 weeks min at £5k a week = £25k. Best case Crawfords owe £75k (based on only one security guard). Worst case £95.5k. Crawfords come out with between minus £20k and minus £40k. They've just inherited some property too, what bad timing. Maybe they could mortgage it to raise the money? :haha:
I think that's pretty accurate assessment :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: no wonder the fresh prince has vanished, this is bad bad bad news! however, if the family raise the money to successfully buy it and keep it out of Tom & Sue's name they can live in it and bankrupt the rest. I reckon it's time for all of the duped followers to dig deep and bail these liars out.
'Putin's left hand man'
JonnyL

Post by JonnyL »

Bungle wrote:I read the description a couple of times and it does seem to be very clear that it is a 'Land development' !!! Does this mean that the bungalow is to be demolished and the price is for the land only? Interesting.

That would put a stop to the silly idiots who may try to regain control of the property again.

PS: That would also explain the reason why the actual brochure does NOT provide measurements for all the rooms.
Yes my thoughts exactly, it does seem quite specific, I reckon that agents phone will be buzzing non stop tomorrow.
'Putin's left hand man'
longdog

Post by longdog »

(don't ask me why it's all in $s & not £s but it is)
Because it's an internet scam and there are more potential suckers in the US than in the UK.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
fat frank

Post by fat frank »

ArthurWankspittle

Bungle wrote:I read the description a couple of times and it does seem to be very clear that it is a 'Land development' !!! Does this mean that the bungalow is to be demolished and the price is for the land only?
No I think it's Hannah's poor categorisation. It's more "land and/or development property"
Bungle wrote:PS: That would also explain the reason why the actual brochure does NOT provide measurements for all the rooms.
No, it's because it makes very little difference to the price in this market and it saves the cost of the surveyor going round and getting eaten by the guard dog. You can see roughly how big the place is from Google etc. No one buying it is going to worry that the main room is only 18ft not 20ft.
JonnyL

Post by JonnyL »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
Bungle wrote:I read the description a couple of times and it does seem to be very clear that it is a 'Land development' !!! Does this mean that the bungalow is to be demolished and the price is for the land only?
No I think it's Hannah's poor categorisation. It's more "land and/or development property"
Bungle wrote:PS: That would also explain the reason why the actual brochure does NOT provide measurements for all the rooms.
No, it's because it makes very little difference to the price in this market and it saves the cost of the surveyor going round and getting eaten by the guard dog. You can see roughly how big the place is from Google etc. No one buying it is going to worry that the main room is only 18ft not 20ft.
Just spotted something, the house will be sold as a house as it has an EPC rating, if it was going to be land only they wouldn't need one.
'Putin's left hand man'