UK - Tom Crawford - Eviction

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

rumpelstilzchen
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: UK - Tom Crawford - Eviction

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

"Guide price" doesn't really count for much when property is being sold in this manner. There are plenty of people out there who know what the property is really worth and will be willing to offer it.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
JonnyL

Post by JonnyL »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:"Guide price" doesn't really count for much when property is being sold in this manner. There are plenty of people out there who know what the property is really worth and will be willing to offer it.

Yes and I think that'll completely scupper any retarded crowd funding attempt. I do think they'll be lucky to get £60k for it knowing they'll get a lifetime of hassle. Even if it's bought as a rental opportunity it'll become so well known in the area and it'll be non rent-able, even to social housing tenants.
'Putin's left hand man'
longdog

Post by longdog »

The house I shared with my ex-partner was sold in the same way 11 years ago with a guide price of £35,000 if I recall correctly (It was a bit of a shithole after we'd finished with it). It sold for £72,000.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
timcurgenven1
Pirate
Pirate

Post by timcurgenven1 »

letissier14 wrote:All kicking off on the eviction page now apparently

Someone just said "I thought it was illegal to sell stolen property"
What are people saying i have been banned from that page......
timcurgenven1
Pirate
Pirate

Post by timcurgenven1 »

I have read the sale procedure and they are obviously wanting someone to buy this very quickly and NOT be able to back out if Toms mates start turning up

Once offer accepted, immediate exchange of contracts and completion within 7 days, this will mean it will be a cash purchase only!
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

Upthread on a few posts it's suggested Tom will have to pay for the security on his former property. Can't see that happening & if so its the only cause worth fighting he might actually win.
timcurgenven1
Pirate
Pirate

Post by timcurgenven1 »

Does anyone have the facebook page link , i will view it from a different account
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

timcurgenven1 wrote:Once offer accepted, immediate exchange of contracts and completion within 7 days, this will mean it will be a cash purchase only!
Gives rent-a-mob less time to get organised and keeps the costs to a minimum.
Losleones wrote:Upthread on a few posts it's suggested Tom will have to pay for the security on his former property. Can't see that happening & if so its the only cause worth fighting he might actually win.
Don't see why he shouldn't pay for it. UKAR/B&B wouldn't need 24/7 security if either he'd paid his mortgage or he didn't ask rent-a-mob to come round. You can argue that the rent-a-mob part is tenuous but you'll have to do it in court after the property gets sold. If Tom has any money left at that point. Otherwise expect a counter-claim for anything outstanding and his inheritance getting dragged into it.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
BlueBurmese
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by BlueBurmese »

JonnyL wrote:I think I've found it, anyone got £47,500k spare? Lololol formal tender only, so it might make a bit more, it'll be sold by August 5th. No internal viewings available, viewings by drone flyover only :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for ... 69092.html
Oh dear. :violin:

At least it looks like the bank are doing the right thing by offering it as a development opportunity. They're likely to raise more money that way and they have to be seen to be getting a fair value for it.

Looking at the plot, there's room for two small two bed houses or maybe three flats if the planners let them build that high - knocking down existing housing and building to a higher density is looked upon favourably in the UK, at least by those who approve the plans.

As for what it might sell for, the best guide is probably number 6, which Zoopla reckons is worth around £105k - http://www.zoopla.co.uk/property/6-fear ... n/15907288. However, discount that for a distressed sale and you're talking £80k absolute maximum. With all the costs incurred to date (and I never thought they would end up with that much security), Tom will likely still owe money after the sale, which the bank can legitimately pursue him for.
JonnyL

Post by JonnyL »

Losleones wrote:Upthread on a few posts it's suggested Tom will have to pay for the security on his former property. Can't see that happening & if so its the only cause worth fighting he might actually win.
Tom is liable for all costs regarding the property until it is sold, mortgage, securing the house, maintenance, legal fees etc etc. It really is as simple as that. Come August 5th the security fees will be around £20k plus other fees such as Bailiffs on the day etc then estate agents. There's no way on earth Walker Morris would employ such lavish security if they thought it wasn't both necessary and would end up costing them money.
'Putin's left hand man'
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

JonnyL wrote:
Normal Wisdom wrote:
JonnyL wrote:I think I've found it, anyone got £47,500k spare? Lololol formal tender only, so it might make a bit more, it'll be sold by August 5th. No internal viewings available, viewings by drone flyover only :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for ... 69092.html
£47,500? Crikey!
I think that £47.5k is to simply cover the amount owed, I initially thought they were going to knock down the house and just sell the land.
Sell? I'd knock the place down, put in a garden and some automated irrigation, donate it to the city as a pocket park, take a tax writeoff, and be done with the whole sorry mess.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
timcurgenven1
Pirate
Pirate

Post by timcurgenven1 »

This place wont change from a bungalow, given the whole estate is virtually all bungalows, the planners wouldnt allow it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

timcurgenven1 wrote:This place wont change from a bungalow, given the whole estate is virtually all bungalows, the planners wouldnt allow it.
Would they allow Somalia or North Korea to annex it and then force Tom to move in?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
fat frank

Post by fat frank »

turn it in to a bailiff training centre, or give it to a few cracked heads
timcurgenven1
Pirate
Pirate

Post by timcurgenven1 »

Well in less then 3 weeks it will sold. I can understand them wanting to sell it a knock down price, nice and easy to get rid of

Toms "mates" must be spitting feathers
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

fat frank wrote:turn it in to a bailiff training centre, or give it to a few cracked heads
As this is such an important historic event and the bungalow will be the subject of conversation for years to come, plus it will attract many visitors, I believe the building should be saved. I propose it should obtain the status of a listed building and have a nice blue plaque nailed above the front door.
Last edited by rumpelstilzchen on Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
timcurgenven1
Pirate
Pirate

Post by timcurgenven1 »

Well someone is going to get a pretty good deal.
Once its sold i doubt his mates will bother going back
BlueBurmese
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by BlueBurmese »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:
fat frank wrote:turn it in to a bailiff training centre, or give it to a few cracked heads
As this is such an important historic event and the bungalow will be the subject of conversation for years to come, plus it will attract many visitors, I believe the building should be saved. I propose it should obtain the status of a listed building and have a nice blue plaque nailed above the front door.
Don't joke - it would no doubt fail as it is a complete try-on, but they could appeal to English Heritage to list the property to frustrate any attempt to change or demolish it.
Syf
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Syf »

I don't think they could get the planning permission and the consent of the neighbours to demolish it is such a short space of time.
An FOI request to the council would reveal it.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

JonnyL wrote:I think I've found it, anyone got £47,500k spare?
OMG. This will wipe out everything the Crawfrauds have. TC will still owe a lot of money, even after the sale. His only practical option is bankruptcy. Enraptured by his own greed and stupidity, he has thrown away £100,000 and martyred himself for Haining's amusement. I'll bet Craig and Amanda are delighted too, their inheritance squandered by hubris.

I can't help but feel some human sympathy for TC & Sweaty Sue, but they really did bring this upon themselves. They refused every chance to reschedule the debt, they sought confrontation and escalation throughout. And now they have their famous VICTORY!1!1!!
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.