UK - Tom Crawford - Eviction

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

AndyPandy
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: UK - Tom Crawford - Eviction

Post by AndyPandy »

hardcopy wrote:Has Tom really got a High Court writ ordering Nottingham Court to produce the sealed warrant ?
Extraordinary situation, sounds like the bungalow is wrecked, it must be almost worthless now.
Hope you all don't mind me putting my twopenneth in, but was watching this (in growing disbelief) yesterday, there's a couple of things (yes, I know ONLY a couple !) they've overlooked on that High Court Order, firstly I think they must have worded it themselves as they've forgotten to put in a date by which the documents must be produced, I think they've tried to be clever by adding Ms N. Crawford to the Order as a New Party and thereby invoking CPR 3.1, but if the papers in question aren't supplied she has to apply under CPR 23 (CPR 3.2).

They've also overlooked the fact any Order needs to be Served on Parties (usually 5 service days) so the other party can apply for it to be varied or set aside, this order (although dated 20th doesn't actually come into effect until 5 working days later).

Service of judgments and orders
(1) Where a judgment or an order has been drawn up by a party and is to be served by the court
(a) the party who drew it up must file a copy to be retained at court and sufficient copies for service on him and on the other parties; and
(b) once it has been sealed(GL), the court must serve a copy of it on each party to the proceedings.

3.1 Where a party is joined to existing proceedings, the party joined shall be entitled to require the party joining him to supply, without charge, copies of all statements of case, written evidence and any documents appended or exhibited to them which have been served in the proceedings by or upon the joining party which relate to any issues between the joining party and the party joined, and copies of all orders made in those proceedings. The documents must be supplied within 48 hours after a written request for them is received.

3.2 If the party joined is not supplied with copies of the documents requested under paragraph 3.1 within 48 hours, he may apply under Part 23 for an order that they be supplied.
schismatrix
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by schismatrix »

Skeleton wrote:According to Tom, Craig has been arrested as well as a Chris for throwing food up onto the roof. I am assuming Ginger is Chris.
That makes sense, they did spend the night together in "the Audi", but I've no idea how they got close enough to throw food anywhere near chez B&B.

Or where they got the food from.

Or how people that stupid are allowed near sharp objects unsupervised.
hanlons razor
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by hanlons razor »

What a way to wake up this morning. Ginger Chris on his way to Nottingham Police Station for an offence that carries a 5 year maximum!!!! Although I believe his part would fall below that significantly it's still BRILLIANT NEWS!!!!

And if Craig has as well.....

so 3 arrested 3 still clinging to the roof (as of ginge's previous broadcast 3 hours ago). Can't make out if one's Ceylon on not although there is red on one coat I don't think it's the one he was seen wearing.

Not sure they'd succeed with the violent disorder charge, that depends on the actions of those within the property but still great great day and even more respect for the so far brilliant Nottingham Police.

This really is the gift that just keeps on giving. And giving!
never attribute to malice that which can equally be explained by stupidity
hardcopy

Post by hardcopy »

schismatrix wrote:
Skeleton wrote:According to Tom, Craig has been arrested as well as a Chris for throwing food up onto the roof. I am assuming Ginger is Chris.
That makes sense, they did spend the night together in "the Audi", but I've no idea how they got close enough to throw food anywhere near chez B&B.

Or where they got the food from.

Or how people that stupid are allowed near sharp objects unsupervised.
"According to Tom" always gives me doubts.
I can't see anyway that throwing food is "conspiracy to commit violent disorder"....??
hardcopy

Post by hardcopy »

hanlons razor wrote:What a way to wake up this morning. Ginger Chris on his way to Nottingham Police Station for an offence that carries a 5 year maximum!!!! Although I believe his part would fall below that significantly it's still BRILLIANT NEWS!!!!

And if Craig has as well.....

so 3 arrested 3 still clinging to the roof (as of ginge's previous broadcast 3 hours ago). Can't make out if one's Ceylon on not although there is red on one coat I don't think it's the one he was seen wearing.

Not sure they'd succeed with the violent disorder charge, that depends on the actions of those within the property but still great great day and even more respect for the so far brilliant Nottingham Police.

This really is the gift that just keeps on giving. And giving!
My thoughts exactly and we've got court cases to come and the enevitable brouhahaha, not to mention the Auction.
It's going swimmingly.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

I believe the conspiracy charge may stem from the observation that this entire protest was organised and the conspiracy to commit violent disorder was the actual break in. Either one of the arrested three has grassed Craig up or an investigation into what was said and arranged on Facebook has led the officers to conclude that Craig was at least aware of the planned events prior to them happening (as clearly was Guy Taylor, he attended to be the mouthpiece of the protesters although I imagine he was not at the scene). It is possible that when they went for Craig, the arresting officer took the reasonable step to conclude that all those in the car were likely to be 'in on it' and brought them all in for questioning.

It is of course equally possible that the police have been monitoring our fellows Bambuser page, although I doubt this as it wouldn't lead to the arrest of Craig.

The only final theory is that these three spent the night camped out in Craig's beloved Audi. This was so that they could remain inside the police cordon, if they left they wouldn't be allowed back in. The police then had to conclude that the reason these three had remained behind was to aid the protesters in their struggle and the best way to deal with this would be to remove them.

Certainly this is going to push any neighbours who might have been wavering in their support of the Crawfords firmly onto UKAR's side and may even make pariah's out of those who have continued to support them. I would say that Tom's strongest support in Fearn Chase is likely going to be from those who live immediately next door to him, and would slowly dissipate the further away you get. Certainly those in the adjoining streets are going to be sick of all this palaver.
Warning may contain traces of nut
timcurgenven1
Pirate
Pirate

Post by timcurgenven1 »

So why has the idiot camera man been arrested?

And are there still people on the roof?, i just cant keep up!!!!
hanlons razor
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by hanlons razor »

hardcopy wrote:[
"According to Tom" always gives me doubts.
I can't see anyway that throwing food is "conspiracy to commit violent disorder"....??
My guess is that they were working to sustain those committing the violent disorder and ensure said disorder lasts longer. There's also ample video and online chatter which will probably show certain people taking an active back stage role in this. But you're right, i sincerely doubt that this one sticks, but it may give way to a suitable lesser charge.

And if nothing else, it has given us the wonderful sight of Ginge being where he belongs, in the back of a Police Van. Additionally it will see his bail include a ban from Nottingham except for court attendances etc (I believe he lives in Kent). Which is a blessing for all those citizens of Nottingham who can now be spared the chance of bumping in to him
hanlons razor
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by hanlons razor »

timcurgenven1 wrote:So why has the idiot camera man been arrested?

And are there still people on the roof?, i just cant keep up!!!!

Conspiracy to commit violent disorder is the charge, he claims all he did was throw food to the protesters still on the roof.

And yes, there are seemingly still 3 on the roof (http://bambuser.com/v/5681083) and 3 in custody.
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

AndyPandy wrote:
hardcopy wrote:Has Tom really got a High Court writ ordering Nottingham Court to produce the sealed warrant ?
Extraordinary situation, sounds like the bungalow is wrecked, it must be almost worthless now.
Hope you all don't mind me putting my twopenneth in, but was watching this (in growing disbelief) yesterday, there's a couple of things (yes, I know ONLY a couple !) they've overlooked on that High Court Order, firstly I think they must have worded it themselves as they've forgotten to put in a date by which the documents must be produced, I think they've tried to be clever by adding Ms N. Crawford to the Order as a New Party and thereby invoking CPR 3.1, but if the papers in question aren't supplied she has to apply under CPR 23 (CPR 3.2).

They've also overlooked the fact any Order needs to be Served on Parties (usually 5 service days) so the other party can apply for it to be varied or set aside, this order (although dated 20th doesn't actually come into effect until 5 working days later).

Service of judgments and orders
(1) Where a judgment or an order has been drawn up by a party and is to be served by the court
(a) the party who drew it up must file a copy to be retained at court and sufficient copies for service on him and on the other parties; and
(b) once it has been sealed(GL), the court must serve a copy of it on each party to the proceedings.

3.1 Where a party is joined to existing proceedings, the party joined shall be entitled to require the party joining him to supply, without charge, copies of all statements of case, written evidence and any documents appended or exhibited to them which have been served in the proceedings by or upon the joining party which relate to any issues between the joining party and the party joined, and copies of all orders made in those proceedings. The documents must be supplied within 48 hours after a written request for them is received.

3.2 If the party joined is not supplied with copies of the documents requested under paragraph 3.1 within 48 hours, he may apply under Part 23 for an order that they be supplied.
Welcome to Quatloos Andy and thank you for providing the above as I was baffled last night at the ramblings from the Crawford boy where he said that his father had turned up personally at court yesterday to collect said documents and copy warrant and was supposedly refused access to them.

From your explanation it would seem obvious that the county court would very likely not even had received a copy of the order from the High Court given that it was only dated three days earlier.
TUCO said to me:
“I envy you for the job that you do in helping advise people. If I could choose an occupation, this is what I would like to do. Much of the advice that I pass onto people is heavily influenced by your posts”.
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

schismatrix wrote:"conspiracy to commit violent disorder" according to an officer.
Luv it!!!!1!!!! This means it can be tried at Crown !!!!!1!!!!
hanlons razor
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by hanlons razor »

wanglepin wrote:
schismatrix wrote:"conspiracy to commit violent disorder" according to an officer.
Luv it!!!!1!!!! This means it can be tried at Crown !!!!!1!!!!
Damn it, not sure i've got enough holiday left for all these wonderful day's out we could have coming up....
timcurgenven1
Pirate
Pirate

Post by timcurgenven1 »

Yea just seen him on his way to Bridewell!

Idiot, he has achieved nothing.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

Thinking about it, it is possible that the arrest might have been a trumped up method of simply removing Craig, Ginger and companion, from the area. They had spent the night in Craig's car to avoid leaving the exclusion zone, the Police would have wanted them to be gone.

I would wager that the police thinking would have been that because they were so determined to remain inside the exclusion zone, they must have had a motive for doing so, which would have been related to the siege at the temporary Castle Crawfraud, former Castle UKAR. Therefore it's reasonable to assume that this was arranged beforehand. That gave them grounds to arrest and question, not great grounds, certainly they have no evidence and if the three stick to a simple story of wanting to see what was going on the Police would find it hard to get a charge to stick.

But significantly it moves them outside of the exclusion zone and buys the police time to bail them, stick bail conditions that prevent them from going near the contentious castle and leaves those on the roof lacking in local support.

So while I don't see that these will get a conviction (unless one of the already arrested three has explained Craigs involvement in which case they would have evidence against him) it does serve an immediately useful purpose in keeping them away from the disputed area and stops them from aiding those on the house.
Warning may contain traces of nut
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Take a short nap and you miss a lot of good drama.

I'm sure Ginger is also unofficially being charged with the common law offense of verbally abusing the cops for 8 hours.

If they went after Craig and Ginger I suspect they will go after Papa Crawford for his role in this as well.
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

timcurgenven1 wrote:Yea just seen him on his way to Bridewell!

If you mean Ginger Chris he has indeed achieved something, he has ruined our livestreams :(

Serious hat on, I am guessing given the seriousness of the charge, and as others have mentioned i doubt it was merely for throwing food up onto the roof, he will be issued with a banning order or the like to stop him going back to the house.

Looks like the Police are coming down hard now, anything to do with today's planned party?

Those livestream tapes and the comments section could be young Craigs undoing, they were clearly baiting the Police for a long time and he was on his phone a lot to his dad.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

PeanutGallery wrote:I believe the conspiracy charge may stem from the observation that this entire protest was organised and the conspiracy to commit violent disorder was the actual break in. Either one of the arrested three has grassed Craig up or an investigation into what was said and arranged on Facebook ...
I agree. Police will have seized phones and gained access to the planning channel. Wouldn't surprise me if these clowns have left a whole archive of messages, or used a platform where that can be recovered. Police can now easily see who was part of the conspiracy to commit violent disorder. Likely to be hundreds of messages showing very clearly that this was a premeditated criminal enterprise.

If Craig can be shown to have been involved in the planning, to have been actively encouraging this criminal conduct, then he's in big trouble. If he also then actively aided the commission of the offence by distracting and agitating on the ground, this aggravates the offence further. Finally, we know that he later parked within sight of the incident and for a period of many hours provided the Aggy's with real-time information about Police activity which was clearly calculated to assist the continuation of an unlawful disorder.

I think a court will consider that this demonstrates a full intent and participation - eg "conspiracy to...".
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
timcurgenven1
Pirate
Pirate

Post by timcurgenven1 »

Skeleton wrote:

If you mean Ginger Chris he has indeed achieved something, he has ruined our livestreams :(

Serious hat on, I am guessing given the seriousness of the charge, and as others have mentioned i doubt it was merely for throwing food up onto the roof, he will be issued with a banning order or the like to stop him going back to the house.

Looks like the Police are coming down hard now, anything to do with today's planned party?

Those livestream tapes and the comments section could be young Craigs undoing, they were clearly baiting the Police for a long time and he was on his phone a lot to his dad.
So what am i supposed to do today then,please tell me that!!!!!
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

timcurgenven1 wrote:
Skeleton wrote:

So what am i supposed to do today then,please tell me that!!!!!
I know trust me, I had even bought a fresh batch of Popcorn!!
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

PeterPan wrote:Image

Don't worry they have responded to the judgement :haha:
Isn't that like insisting that Al Qaida answer a bunch of questions and provide extensive legal documentation to prove that a bomb actually went off and killed people-- never mind that the casualties have already been buried?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4