UK - Tom Crawford - Eviction

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: UK - Tom Crawford - Eviction

Post by NYGman »

JonnyL wrote:Have a listen to this, first up is the idiot wannabe artist taxi driver clone Jason Nota and then further in is the funniest Mark Ceylon interview you'll ever hear.

http://loucollins.uk/2015/07/06/lou-col ... rk-ceylon/
For those of us unable to listen at teh moment, can someone provide some highlights?
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Not wishing to sound heartless but there was a lot of fuss made by Tom and the Tomette's about the sick dog dying. However, if I heard it correctly Tom states in the "craig i am no steven speilberg" video that they were due to take the dog to the vets the next day to be put down.

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

daveBeeston wrote:
hardcopy wrote: But but he did get out of debt and he didn't have to pay a penny
Losing the house is just a side issue
He's not out of debt yet, until the property is sold for a sufficient amount to clear what he owes (including court costs, bailiff costs and storage costs) he is still well and truly upto his neck in debt.
In September 2012 he owed £45,763.85 on the mortgage (capital and arrears of interest). Following that and in accordance with the terms of the Suspended Order of Possession he paid only the ongoing monthly interest. In September 2013 he ceased making any payments. This was on the basis that it was the end of the mortgage term despite the fact that he still owed the previously notified sum. That means that to date he has incurred an additional 22 months interest and this will continue until the house is sold so that could easily be another £7,000 to 8,000 he owes.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

BlueBurmese wrote:Does anybody know exactly who was living in 3 Fearn Chase at eviction time?
I think it was Tom, Sue, daughter Nicola, 3 dogs, a cat and 6 chickens.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

i guess there are some things we will never fully understand.[/quote]

One thing is for certain they never understood any of it :shrug: .
If people from Poland are called Poles Why are aren't people from Holland called Holes?
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

Normal Wisdom wrote:
BlueBurmese wrote:Does anybody know exactly who was living in 3 Fearn Chase at eviction time?
I think it was Tom, Sue, daughter Nicola, 3 dogs, a cat and 6 chickens.
Old Uncle Tom Crawford and all!! and all !!! Old Uncle Tom Crawford and all. :haha:
If people from Poland are called Poles Why are aren't people from Holland called Holes?
fat frank

Post by fat frank »

RE Ceylon interview, I love the bit where he claimed the police hired bouncers and told them it was a 2m drug raid,
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

Interesting comment to this YT video from someone claiming to be one of Tom's neighbours.

"As far as the neighbours are concerned a few of us have now spoken out to the press as we are glad that all this is over. At the end of the day do you think that anyone would have voiced their real concerns when we had 400 looneys (sorry not all some were misinformed) stood outside our home? And yes I have paid for my home and yes I am angry because Tom did not want to pay and in doing so he has devalued all the surrounding properties now is that fair?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snXMuGLurTI
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

fat frank wrote:RE Ceylon interview, I love the bit where he claimed the police hired bouncers and told them it was a 2m drug raid,
As if the police would involve members of the public (even if they were "bouncers") in a 2 million pound drugs raid. They wouldn't want to share that kind of glory with anyone outside the force .
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

I suppose this could go in any thread that relates to FOTL, but I'll leave it here. It sums up the Footlers' mindset completely.

PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

wanglepin wrote:
fat frank wrote:RE Ceylon interview, I love the bit where he claimed the police hired bouncers and told them it was a 2m drug raid,
As if the police would involve members of the public (even if they were "bouncers") in a 2 million pound drugs raid. They wouldn't want to share that kind of glory with anyone outside the force .
They'd also know that some bouncers have contacts within the local narcotics trade and would readily share details of any big drugs raids that might be being carried out in exchange for a financial (or narcotic) reward. The people doing this knew what they would be doing and where.

I can also believe that any sympathy the neighbours might have had would have been gradually eroded the longer the demonstrations went on, especially as the facts became known. I would imagine the local pub should be thinking very carefully about whether it wishes to continue supporting Tom and co, or if it wishes to promote a better relationship with the local community (those being the people who actually own homes in the area (which Tom doesn't)).

I also suppose we can stop asking if Leigh got his boat back and start asking if Tom's got his house back.
Warning may contain traces of nut
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

Normal Wisdom wrote:Interesting comment to this YT video from someone claiming to be one of Tom's neighbours.

"As far as the neighbours are concerned a few of us have now spoken out to the press as we are glad that all this is over. At the end of the day do you think that anyone would have voiced their real concerns when we had 400 looneys (sorry not all some were misinformed) stood outside our home? And yes I have paid for my home and yes I am angry because Tom did not want to pay and in doing so he has devalued all the surrounding properties now is that fair?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snXMuGLurTI
If I ever watch that man again I will kick my own arse! even if I have to break my legs to do it. :snooty:
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

BlueBurmese wrote:D

I'm curious as there's no way that house had more than three bedrooms and it was also full of dogs. Now bear in mind that Tom's children are all in their 30's, this must have been a bit of a squeeze. That then raises the question, if Tom was out of action from is battle with cancer, why couldn't four adults scrape together the £350 mortgage payments?
It was never about being unable to pay. Tom has been recovered from cancer for some time now as far as I know, the lovely Amanda has always said they could pay if they wanted to. Their argument is that they have already paid and it's B&B who got it wrong by changing their mortgage to interest only. A quick scan of the judgment reveals that the Crawfords knew they had no endowment in place to repay the principal at the end of term, they refused to be changed to a repayment and so it should have come as no surprise to them to be thrown out when they refused, or were unable, to pay it.

They could have stayed as the bank were happy for them to carry on paying interest beyond the term but they decided they didn't have to pay anything and so a repossession order was granted.

I thought at first they made a mistake or didn't really understand what an endowment policy is but the more I see of them the more I believe they knew full well they owed a lot of money and they thought they'd come up with a way to game the system and weasel out of their debt. Now they discover they hadn't they're going down all kinds of pathetic roads, Sue's mum died, the dog died, Tom's a cancer victim, they're stuck with a loud fat harpie of a daughter they can't get off their hands, the paperwork wasn't right... Blah blah blah.

Read the judgment and see what one of their ex-advosers had to say about the whole sorry mess, anyone who still feels sorry for the Crawfords after seeing that is either completely stupid or a, dare I say it, shill.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/910768235657449/
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

My word this guy (from the video linked by Normal above) is thicker than the trees he's surrounded by. He talks about what Tom did, but states in a comment that he's not interested in facts, which I think is being dishonest, he's not interested in any facts that differ from what he has perceived. From listening to his rambling I have to question if he's taken enough drugs today.

Why were the Police there? Well maybe it's because on the past two occasions when they told Tom he got together a mob who frustrated the actions and made a big scene. That breached the peace. The courts had told the Bailiffs to take possession of the property. The Bailiffs have to obey the courts. The police also have to obey the courts. In fact our entire system of law is based on the notion that everybody has to obey the courts.

Why were the Police there? Because the bailiffs were going to take the property and if they weren't it would have taken one nut, and I think we all agree that their was more than one nut present, to create a serious incident. The police attended with a view to minimising the possible disruption and keeping the level of disruption low. We had some disruption, a number of people were arrested and charged.

The Police were there because Tom had engineered a situation where the Police had to be there for the court order to be enforced. The alternative believers and conspiritards will read into it that the Police were their to assist the bailiffs, they weren't, they were their to assist the court and they needed to be there because of what Tom and his supporters had done.

I would also wager that most of Tom's neighbours, those with whom he might be on nodding terms, or the post a card through their letterbox at Christmas (once you've found the list of the names of which neighbours live at what number), would have taken negatively to the antics of the mob and may be feeling glad that their lives might return to some sort of normalcy and they won't be subject to mass demonstrations and disruption. I would say that if I was living in the same street, I would long have tired of his and his mobs antics and would have been grateful when he was finally evicted.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

PeanutGallery wrote:My word this guy (from the video linked by Normal above) is thicker than the trees he's surrounded by. .... would have been grateful when he was finally evicted.

I left a few comments and gave up a few minutes in, he was, to quote one of their colloquialisms, doin' me 'ead in. Sadly this is kind of typical of the dead-headed twats who swallow any old crap they're fed so long as it's about how corrupt the system is, how evil money is etc etc. They have lost the ability, if they ever had it, to think critically. They never ask any questions, they never try to sift fact from rumour, they really don't care about anything which isn't in line with what they want to believe. That's why they're always free to turn up at a protest, they don't have anything else to do except imbibe mind altering substances and occasionally go collect their benefits.
slowsmile

Post by slowsmile »

YiamCross wrote:
It was never about being unable to pay. Tom has been recovered from cancer for some time now as far as I know, the lovely Amanda has always said they could pay if they wanted to.
And yet in his very first post on GOODF Tom was bleating that they couldn't raise enough for 4 months instalments.

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... =0#p150595

The Crawfords telling different stories.......................well colour me surprised :whistle:
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

YiamCross wrote:Danny Bamping letter trying to put Tom right on how far from winning his case he was and how close to losing his house... Quicker to flick through and read it than listen to it being read.
What is wrong with these people? Why would I want to see a video of a typed letter? Is this the preferred style because so many GOOFy's are illiterate, perhaps?
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
IDIOT

Post by IDIOT »

slowsmile wrote:
YiamCross wrote:
It was never about being unable to pay. Tom has been recovered from cancer for some time now as far as I know, the lovely Amanda has always said they could pay if they wanted to.
And yet in his very first post on GOODF Tom was bleating that they couldn't raise enough for 4 months instalments.

The Crawfords telling different stories.......................well colour me surprised :whistle:
TC second post on GOODF states "We sent Bradford & Bingley and extremely long and detailed complaint that the Spaniard (white rabbit)
e-mailed me and we changed it to suit our circumstances with his permission, but yesterday they simply answered by saying thank you for your complaint we will look into it. This is some of the information we requested from them.
Full disclosure, Equal consideration, lawful terms and conditions, two wet signatures from both parties.
Please take notice.
Please reply to this letter within 14 days, failure to reply with substance, will mean the debt has been dissolved."

So it wasn't only the GOODF crew involved so was Simon who on his videos says they are for entertainment purposes only yet the comment above reads as factual in as much as in the confidence style it is penned (last sentence above.)
hardcopy

Post by hardcopy »

Well, as it was the strawman who had the debt, does the flesh and blood Tom really own the house ?
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

slowsmile wrote:
YiamCross wrote:

Reading what Tom actually wrote in that post, it's unclear as to whether he means that he was unable to raise four months of the remaining mortgage payments, or raise the money to repay the capital that was owing. I would suspect the latter (although if it was the former then that would also suggest an inability to repay the capital).

What is interesting is that his first account of the mortgage being changed, was that it went from an endowment to an interest only. He is very clear about that. As other members have consistently pointed out an endowment is an interest only AND an insurance policy. His mortgage was always an interest only.

Bradford and Bingley did not mess up Tom's mortgage. Tom messed up his mortgage and has to be responsible for that.