UK - Tom Crawford - Eviction

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

PeanutGallery
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: UK - Tom Crawford - Eviction

Post by PeanutGallery »

He could have. But he won't. You are making the mistake of looking at things from the perspective of someone who is sane, rational, understands the situation and has a decent grasp on the basic facts relating to this case. I am fairly certain that Tom is none of those things.

Tom won't pay any more money for the house, because he believes he paid enough and he genuinely believes that his mortgage was finished properly. Tom doesn't understand the basic facts and no matter how many times they are explained, or how carefully, he won't grasp them.

Tom won't pay, he won't sign up for an equity release scheme, he wouldn't even consider the possibility of sending in a WeRe cheque or allowing crowd funding to save his house. He won't do that because he believes and has been told that he's paid the bank 'enough'.

The only problem with his belief, is that it is not shared by either the bank or the courts who both have come to the opinion that he hasn't paid enough.

What made Tom homeless and what is keeping him homeless is what appears to be an increasingly cavernous space between his ears, sadly though, his family can't set up residence there even though it would seem to have an abundance of room.
Warning may contain traces of nut
Origen
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by Origen »

That BK guy phoning the one great Ebert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMtdEfPpCDg
fat frank

Post by fat frank »

there is a shout out for a eviction on Monday for council tax arrears
hardcopy

Post by hardcopy »

Origen wrote:That BK guy phoning the one great Ebert.

The usual poppycock delivered in a comedy accent.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Who what when where why.
guilty

Post by guilty »

Off-topic (sort of) but still fun:
Chelmsford man holds referendum on paying his bills this month

Paul Willis of Chelmsford has taken the unusual step of opting out of his financial responsibilities while at the same time demanding that his neighbours continue to send him food parcels and mow his lawn. Inspired by the Greek people, the 66-year-old hairdresser took a detailed poll of all those living at his address, including the cat, and received a unanimous mandate to stop paying his mortgage, tipping waiters or funding future Christmas presents.

‘I have taken a democratic decision to ignore my existing debts and I would ask my creditors to respect that,’ Willis told the Chelmsford Reporter. ‘To begin with I was a little unsure, but choosing not pay has been a great weight off my shoulders. And to those I owe money to I would say, please keep putting things on my tab, I’ll settle up eventually – honest.’

This morning, Willis began the process of renegotiating his debt by driving off his local forecourt without paying for his petrol and filtered coffee. Subsequently he has maintained his lifestyle by shoplifting, foraging for berries and piggybacking everyone’s WiFi. When confronted by bailiffs, he threatened to opt out of the pound and adopt ‘stuff found under the sink’ as his new currency, reducing his debt to just 58 used Tesco carrier bags.

Willis is still confident he can transform his financial situation with his homemade goat’s cheese, a patio that is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site and by selling fridge magnets depicting the Acropolis, his local kebab shop. Neighbours have tried to be understanding but have grown frustrated by him running a hose from their garden tap.

Willis remained defiant, commenting: ‘If they didn’t want me siphoning off water, they shouldn’t have loaned me the sprinkler in the first place. When I moved into the street, they knew I couldn’t afford to keep up with my payments – particularly as I’d retired at 50. How irresponsible can you be?
http://www.newsbiscuit.com/2015/07/08/c ... his-month/
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
FatGambit

Post by FatGambit »

Jeffrey wrote:
Who what when where why.
Yeah that sounds legit, another 'more to this story' explanation, can't imagine a local authority evicting a Tennant unless they're behind on their rent, and/or can't imagine a council repo'ing a house for six months council tax arrears.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

I've never heard Ebert before. What a nutter. He sounds like someone auditioning for Dr Strangelove.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
longdog

Post by longdog »

FatGambit wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:
Who what when where why.
Yeah that sounds legit, another 'more to this story' explanation, can't imagine a local authority evicting a Tennant unless they're behind on their rent, and/or can't imagine a council repo'ing a house for six months council tax arrears.
I'd be very surprised if they could.

I live in a council property and I don't recall anything in the tenancy agreement about council tax apart perhaps for something which says that it is the responsibility of the householder.

There is of course the possibility that it's a private rental where the tenant has not paid their CT and the council have gone after the landlord which would piss them off but I'm not sure the landlord is even liable for unpaid CT.

Very fishy...
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

PeanutGallery wrote:He could have. But he won't. You are making the mistake of looking at things from the perspective of someone who is sane, rational, understands the situation and has a decent grasp on the basic facts relating to this case. I am fairly certain that Tom is none of those things.

Tom won't pay any more money for the house, because he believes he paid enough and he genuinely believes that his mortgage was finished properly. Tom doesn't understand the basic facts and no matter how many times they are explained, or how carefully, he won't grasp them.

Tom won't pay, he won't sign up for an equity release scheme, he wouldn't even consider the possibility of sending in a WeRe cheque or allowing crowd funding to save his house. He won't do that because he believes and has been told that he's paid the bank 'enough'.

The only problem with his belief, is that it is not shared by either the bank or the courts who both have come to the opinion that he hasn't paid enough.

What made Tom homeless and what is keeping him homeless is what appears to be an increasingly cavernous space between his ears, sadly though, his family can't set up residence there even though it would seem to have an abundance of room.
I agree with Peanut wholeheartedly, there does appear to be a stupid strain running inside this man. Where I imagine it went seriously askew might have been when he first and rather belatedly sought assistance. He suddenly found himself the man in the hat, someone people looked up to and an important person. He felt it was his role to advise Chief Constables on the Law. He has revelled in this position and by showing him patience and deference the police have actually encouraged his lunacy. One only had to see him drive up to the police line , he felt completely in charge he was angry but confident.
We can watch thanks to Ceylon his last great Hurrah prior to eviction, he acted like a man in power.
Now both himself and his family are in the shock stage , failure to believe and unable to accept that reality burst through the conservatory door. What is next for this man? maybe the book/movie/musical? maybe he becomes a talk show host?.
Watching someone lose everything on camera is a chastening thing and I took no pleasure in it, but this man was/is a serious danger to others and I detest him.
If people from Poland are called Poles Why are aren't people from Holland called Holes?
SoLongCeylon

Post by SoLongCeylon »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:I've never heard Ebert before. What a nutter. He sounds like someone auditioning for Dr Strangelove.

Well Arthur - Eberts is the Genesis of this whole saga. We have a lot of amusement to thank him for. How anyone can consider following his advice is a gauge for how thick the shit is.
FatGambit

Post by FatGambit »

longdog wrote:
FatGambit wrote: Yeah that sounds legit, another 'more to this story' explanation, can't imagine a local authority evicting a Tennant unless they're behind on their rent, and/or can't imagine a council repo'ing a house for six months council tax arrears.
I'd be very surprised if they could.

I live in a council property and I don't recall anything in the tenancy agreement about council tax apart perhaps for something which says that it is the responsibility of the householder.

There is of course the possibility that it's a private rental where the tenant has not paid their CT and the council have gone after the landlord which would piss them off but I'm not sure the landlord is even liable for unpaid CT.

Very fishy...
Yes same here, nothing in our tenancy agreement about eviction for non-payment of CT, just that it's our responsibility as you say. Although I do know social landlords no longer give assured tenancies, after a year of good behaviour you get a 3-5 year fixed term lease, so I guess that it could be there is a clause in that, but I very much doubt it. We live in a flat block and there's a fair bit of bitterness between the 'fixed term lease' lot downstairs, and the rest of us on 'assured tenancies', so much so that the idiots below us pay 3x as much rent as we do, and feel that entities them to do as they wish (i.e. loud parties and all night music) to the point where they've had two warnings for it and face eviction if it happens again, which just made their sense of entitlement even worse.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

Origen wrote:That BK guy phoning the one great Ebert.

I have a lot of time for Bradley Knight, if I were in a mess of debt and couldn't afford a solicitor I'd certainly want him in my corner. BK talks a lot of sense in his audio monologues, he certainly doesn't agree with most of the crap the Goofy camp spews out.

More of his opinions on Ebert and what he's done to Tom Crawford.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JKebc-QznA

Not much to disagree with there, I think.

And he says it to his face

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=916Epe7AMII

On the whole I'd say Bradley Knight is a straight down the line, honest, guy who's reasonably well clued up on how the courts work and how to address the problem of debt in a realistic and reasonable way.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

I think Bradley Knight's opinions on Goofy would find little criticism from most here:

https://soundcloud.com/bradleyknight1/g ... -debt-free
fat frank

Post by fat frank »

Very fishy...[/quote]

I got a screen shot, just don't know how to upload it
Origen
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by Origen »

http://imgur.com/ fairly easy to upload to that site.
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

Whoever lives in a property whether it be owner or tenant is responsible for paying Council Tax. If a tenant vacated a property through a rental agreement with outstanding liability for CT, the PTB would chase the tenant & not the owner.
JonnyL

Post by JonnyL »

Ebert was on the defensive quite early on in that interview, referring to Tom as a 'mature man' in other words, it's fuck all to do with me. Then he switched back into the same old spaz mode of 'denial and victory' that's left a shed load of people on the streets, almost like it's a crazy form of entertainment he can't stop laughing at. The thing is we're all pulling our hair out waiting for the Crawford cartel to see Ebert/Taylor/Michael W for what they really are, but they never will. Tom is now part of the same decrepit hierarchy, Tom is now spreading this twisted illness through facebook mopping up group after group into this way of thinking. There was a period when they rightfully retreated back to their crummy little eviction page, nobody believed them regarding winning the judgement, but the eviction has triggered off the support again somehow, even though everyone knew it was going to happen. I think a lot of these groups via admin have suddenly got behind him to further their own nest. TBSM has done a 180 flip, in May he was pointing out Tom lost and even explaining to the Crawford family how the eviction would be dealt with, he was 100% correct, but he is now leading the battle chasing removal firms etc. Jay Brad, hardly heard a word from him regarding the judgement, but first sight of a bailiff and he goes into a paranoid frenzied state screaming injustice for Tom blah blah blah 'mobilise mobilise'. These people just hate bailiffs and any kind of perceived authority.
'Putin's left hand man'
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

I see Tom and his son have created a website to help others in similar positions to them

www.ukhomeguard.com

How can they offer advice when they have no idea what they are going on about. Shocking.
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
JonnyL

Post by JonnyL »

letissier14 wrote:I see Tom and his son have created a website to help others in similar positions to them

http://www.ukhomeguard.com

How can they offer advice when they have no idea what they are going on about. Shocking.
Now that is just plain dumb! :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
'Putin's left hand man'