Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: UK - Tom Crawford - Eviction

Post by daveBeeston »

guilty wrote:
JonnyL wrote:cheers for the link wangle

arrest happening live!!!

http://t.co/lPfqW90I4l
Nottinghamshire Tourist Office says:
Visit Nottinghamshire for a weekend break or a day out with the kids at top attractions. See world class sport, amazing live performances, excellent nightlife and cutting edge art in some outstanding venues.
And indeed Nottingham does have all of those(well maybe except world class sport as Nottm Forest and Notts County hardly fit that description),but it seems lately to have an over abundance of the terminally stupid and ingorant(or im just noticing more of them).

These idiots getting themselves arrested all for Toms cause are only going to make the residents of the street/area and the public more hostile towards them not galvanize them into action to get Tom back in to the property which is what i assume they are trying to do.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Never argue with an idiot,they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

#six wrote:Tom looking really dejected. Has he realised how much bull he has been told by his supporters?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
He's known all along. He just continued the lies.
He's never looked convinced to me that he ever won anyway. Not even when Guy Taylor sat with him and “explained”
the "success" to him and us, in the video post by king goofer Ceylon
http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... ZVigTTF98E
I don't feel sorry for Crawford.
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

My sympathy and best wishes go to the dog. I hope it recovers and finds a good home.

It gives me no pleasure to see anyone lose their home but Tom and Sue have only themselves to blame, from the moment Sue stopped paying the endowment policy, and then they followed advice from idiots and liars like Mr Ebert. This is what happens when a mortgage doesn't get paid: the house gets possessed.

I would like the policing cost to be passed to the Crawfords although, to be honest, I'm not sure that would be fair. The police are there because the crowd is there, and the blame for that lies with the crowd and Ceylon and others as well as Tom.

On the plus side, for Tom, this will elevate his status as a guru. Perhaps he should donate some of his future earnings to the Police Benevolent Fund.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

wanglepin wrote:
#six wrote:Tom looking really dejected. Has he realised how much bull he has been told by his supporters?

He's never looked convinced to me that he ever won anyway. Not even when Guy Taylor sat with him and “explained”
Maybe TC can sue Ceylin and GT for mlpractice?
fat frank

Post by fat frank »

YiamCross wrote:
wanglepin wrote:

I can see it now, "i wish to sue them, as I was stupid to believe them"
Origen
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by Origen »

daveBeeston wrote:
guilty wrote:
JonnyL wrote:cheers for the link wangle

arrest happening live!!!

http://t.co/lPfqW90I4l
Nottinghamshire Tourist Office says:
Visit Nottinghamshire for a weekend break or a day out with the kids at top attractions. See world class sport, amazing live performances, excellent nightlife and cutting edge art in some outstanding venues.
And indeed Nottingham does have all of those(well maybe except world class sport as Nottm Forest and Notts County hardly fit that description),but it seems lately to have an over abundance of the terminally stupid and ingorant(or im just noticing more of them).

These idiots getting themselves arrested all for Toms cause are only going to make the residents of the street/area and the public more hostile towards them not galvanize them into action to get Tom back in to the property which is what i assume they are trying to do.
Always had these types people in Notts, the thing is most of the attractions are either in the city or around the outskirts of the city so tourists never really come into contact with these types unless it is on a fri/sat night. City, County and Cricket ground are on the outskirts of the city centre and the directions to get there generally avoid having to go through a troublesome area.

Looking at the numbers turning up they have never had the support of many locals and always have rely on outside support there really is no cause for the locals to get behind. He could have done what someone suggested and started a crowd fund which more than likely would have gained the money to pay the debts off, him not going down that route is the only thing i can give him credit for, everything else he has brought on himself.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

Tom Pike (husband of Amanda?) has made a rather interesting comment on the fraud of the banks page.
Tom Pike wrote:Just spoke to Amanda. All house done up with metal barriers and fencing outside. Left them with nothing. Taken all possessions away. Not even left them with cloths! Poor poor people. This is just fair! Massive thanks to all from the family x
Emphasis has been added. I think he intended to write unfair, but seems to have made a Freudian slip. Yes Tom it is fair, it is fair on everyone who paid their mortgage and who deal with their debts in a responsible manner. It may not seem friendly, and it certainly isn't nice to leave someone homeless, but this was a choice Tom made with his eyes wide open.

That it was the wrong choice should now be abundantly clear. The reason Tom is homeless is not because of the Judge, not because of any wrongdoing by Bradford and Bingley or UKAR, but because Tom made a bad choice and fell in with a group who sought to take advantage of him. They paraded him around and played to his ego, but all they did couldn't stop the world from turning and this day was always going to pass.

I think Tom's wife and dog are the victims here and while I am sorry that they must suffer from Tom's folly, Sue could have intervened and brought sanity (the Dog I think we can all agree is a completely innocent victim and it's not the Dog's fault it has a poor man for a master) to Tom, but she didn't. They have made their bed and would lie in it, had it not been taken away on the back of a truck.
Last edited by PeanutGallery on Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warning may contain traces of nut
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

The next episode of Kak & Mak should provide entertainment value. :beatinghorse:
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

littleFred wrote:
I would like the policing cost to be passed to the Crawfords although, to be honest, I'm not sure that would be fair. The police are there because the crowd is there, and the blame for that lies with the crowd and Ceylon and others as well as Tom.

Tc has incited the rabble on many occasions and fully deserves to bear the additional cost of keeping the peace. It was his choice and he must have known he was in the wrong.
Hyrion

Post by Hyrion »

PeanutGallery wrote:
Tom Pike wrote:This is just fair!
I think he intended to write unfair, but seems to have made a Freudian slip.
I took it he was being sarcastic. Sarcasm is a communication tool that does not project well in the written medium.... ironically it needs facial and verbal clues to help emphasize and yet the avg person still uses it expecting the reader to understand when they're being sarcastic without any clues.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

YiamCross wrote:
He might have a claim for negligence certainly Chaudrey v Prabhaker [1988] 3 All ER 718 could hold that door open, although I think Ebert should be the main target of any lawsuit (and if he was, I would love to be in the public gallery for that affair).
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

PeanutGallery wrote: The reason Tom is homeless is not because of the Judge, not because of any wrongdoing by Bradford and Bingley or UKAR, but because Tom made a bad choice and fell in with a group who sought to take advantage of him. They paraded him around and played to his ego, but all they did couldn't stop the world from turning and this day was always going to pass.
That is about it in a shell peanut, or should that be peanut shell :thinking:
PeanutGallery wrote:They have made their bed and would lie in it, had it not been taken away on the back of a truck.
:lol:
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

Hyrion wrote:
PeanutGallery wrote:
Tom Pike wrote:This is just fair!
I think he intended to write unfair, but seems to have made a Freudian slip.
I took it he was being sarcastic. Sarcasm is a communication tool that does not project well in the written medium.... ironically it needs facial and verbal clues to help emphasize and yet the avg person still uses it expecting the reader to understand when they're being sarcastic without any clues.
I thought that was a possibility, except that he wrote clothes as cloths and took that as a sign of a man who's ability to communicate in writing would be a dire struggle with his self.
Bill Lumbergh
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Bill Lumbergh »

I'm unfamiliar with the process... so they lose their personal belongings as well?
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

He'll get his possessions back - their stuff will have been taken to a storage facility tonight. Usually on evictions the debtor is given enough time to pack a bag and get any valuables together. Then a few days later the mortgage company's agent will arrange for them to be accompanied at the property when they arrange to clear out the rest of their stuff. If they don't do it within a reasonable period - usually 14 days - then the agents handling the sale will arrange for it to be cleared.

Obviously that couldn't happen here - there had to be a 'shock and awe' strike for damage limitation purposes. But the Crawfords' belongings will be handed over to them once they've got somewhere else to live.
JonnyL

Post by JonnyL »

Bill Lumbergh wrote:I'm unfamiliar with the process... so they lose their personal belongings as well?
their belongings are just been taken to a safe place for collection at a later date, they don't want to give the Crawford's any further opportunity to re-occupy their former home, if they went back to the house to get stuff crowds would be in attendance, remember, Tom's right hand man the convicted fraudster Guy Taylor tried to retake his repossessed home.
'Putin's left hand man'
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Bill Lumbergh wrote:I'm unfamiliar with the process... so they lose their personal belongings as well?
No they have a window of a few weeks to get them back, IIRC. The B&B or UKAR has an obligation to keep them safe I think, too. To avoid them going back into the house to get stuff and possibly causing trouble in doing so, I would envisage that this is normal procedure; I think it would be similar to a landlord tenant situation. He (Crawford) will have to pay for its transport and storage of course.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Hyrion

Post by Hyrion »

Tom Pike wrote:Just spoke to Amanda. All house done up with metal barriers and fencing outside. Left them with nothing. Taken all possessions away. Not even left them with cloths! Poor poor people.
That's ok Tom. Just a little while ago I recall Amanda saying they had plenty of money and were just fighting on principle. They can easily replace all they lost with the wealth they have available.
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

Just been looking on the goofers but can’t seem to find the thread:
TOM CRAWFORD EVICTION SUCCESS!!!1!!!! BOOM!#!#!#!#!#!#!#!#!# . by ceylon
I’ll look again later.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

wanglepin wrote:Just been looking on the goofers but can’t seem to find the thread:
TOM CRAWFORD EVICTION SUCCESS!!!1!!!! BOOM!#!#!#!#!#!#!#!#!# . by ceylon
I’ll look again later.
Are you sure it's not THE JUDGMENT EXPLAINED BOOM!#!#!#!#!#!#!#!#!#.

Which is still on the Tom's Court Case section of GOODF. Don't think they've got round to revising it yet.