Welcome to the new UK specific forum!

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Welcome to the new UK specific forum!

Post by Gregg »

Due to an increase in activity of our friends in the United Kingdom, the various vassals in management have decided to split out the UK into a separate forum. As part of this change I have committed to helping moderate the forum as I almost speak the language.

I do have some background in the UK, I attended the London School of Economics in the 1990s and have spent some time living and working in the City of London, most notably as a bit more than an intern but less than someone who matters at the Bank of England. Mind you, this has been some time ago I haven't been to my favorite island since June of 1999, so I may need to catch up a bit.

It would help me if some of the usual posters to the forum give me a quick post to introduce yourself, I haven't been a normal reader of the "other" forum in the past, it being my opinion that we have more than enough crazy over here in the former colonies. And my own longstanding political stance in the USA has been that we should ask HM The Queen very nicely if you fine folks might have us back. Given the current taxes we pay and the representation we get in our Congress, the whole "taxation without representation" doesn't seem like such a bad deal anymore. But I've always hated Boston as only George III and kids from Appalachia sent to college there can.

And anyone from Farham? I spent a lovely few months there trying to get a girl to like me, which didn't work out, but still a nice little town and the only decent pizza in Britain I could find.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
PeanutGallery
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Welcome to the new UK specific forum!

Post by PeanutGallery »

Welcome Gregg, our very own Benedict Arnold!

I'm PeanutGallery. Erm...I like to question the drinking habits of Burnaby in regard to what I view as his possible choice of Canadian beer. He keeps threatening to ban me for this insult.

Don't work in the city, although have friends who do, my interest in this is from a sort of psychological and legal background, in how people can willingly misinterpret law and facts in order to reach a conclusion that upsets them. It's a wonderful sort of delusion.

I also have managed to win a badge of honour by having two guru's (Ceylon and Peter of England) both repeat the names of the threads I founded on them here and one of them even gave me a shout out, along with other members. Just don't mention that around Bones and things will all be fine.

Not from Farnham but the best Pizza I've had was either when I was in Rome as a child (technically it was a kidnapping - which is a long story involving a bitter divorce) or more recently when I was in Austria. Having said that the best drunk pizza I've had was from a little dive on Granville in Vancouver called Johnny's which sold Pizza for $1.49 a slice.
Warning may contain traces of nut
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

I'm interested in society and its edges, and the principles and explanations we all invent that help us make sense of the world, and narrative and counter-narrative and the explosion of publishing (the internet and cheap video cameras) that encourage the dissemination of fantasies that can be far more comforting than harsh reality. I'm interested in law, and the rationalisations people invent for being above the law.

Put another way: I love watching nutters on YouTube.

I've gone off pizzas after discovering something furry and green at the back of my fridge.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

I guess i count as a regular. I have no primary sources or background knowledge so i content myself to sniping from the shadows, and the occasional filk. I first came to Quatloos because of a story about scamming back at nigerian scammers. From there, i went to mortgage and property investment scams, and finally to detaxers and sovcits. I have great respect for the folks in charge here for keeping this enterprise both focused and freewheeling, and i give props to our Fearless Llama Jay Adkinson that he was able to create something capable of proceeding so well without his continued oversight.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
LordEd

Post by LordEd »

I primarily watch the Canadian show, but at times have been known to 'lurk' on the GOODF page.

My interest is in the 'believer' and watching how the true believer will sink with the ship, and then try to sell world cruise tickets to the nearby fish.

The theories are a fun exercise, but living them is beyond madness.
rogfulton
Caveat Venditor
Location: No longer behind the satellite dish, second door along - in fact, not even in the same building.

Post by rogfulton »

LordEd wrote:watching how the true believer will sink with the ship, and then try to sell world cruise tickets to the nearby fish.
Possibly the best explanation I have ever seen.
"No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right; not asked as a favor."
- President Theodore Roosevelt
Bones

Post by Bones »

I am new and my aim is to get mentioned in a Ceylon video but I will settle for just annoying SovCit's
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

mufc1959 here, Manc and a United fan, old enough to remember when it wasn't fashionable to support them, hence the user name. On GOODF under another name, managing to stay under the radar there but stirring the pot when I think I can get away with it.

I hate people who think they can get something for nothing, with everyone else picking up the tab so they can freeload. Happy to find like-minded people here.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

Maybe we should all list our football teams (it's football here, not soccer and not that pseudo rugby style thing you colonials are so fond of). Mine is Chelsea, since before we got bought by a russian billionaire, my prize possession is a signed Gianfranco Zola shirt.
Warning may contain traces of nut
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

PeanutGallery wrote:Maybe we should all list our football teams (it's football here, not soccer and not that pseudo rugby style thing you colonials are so fond of). Mine is Chelsea, since before we got bought by a russian billionaire, my prize possession is a signed Gianfranco Zola shirt.
Chelsea peanut...really!!!!1!!!! That's worse than supping Molsons :snicker: Mine is Athletic Bilbao hence my user name. I frequent many games & you won't find more passion or better people ANYWHERE!!!!1!!!! Along with MUFC i despise freeloaders & more so those that promote the garbage that suckers them in. I joined after lurking for a while following WeRe Bank scam & the waffle over on goofy & had to jump on board. This is a great site with no arguing..... Just intelligent debate/posts which I'm keen to learn more from. Aupa Athletic!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Sa ... ountry.jpg
FatGambit

Post by FatGambit »

I hate football, give me Indycar or NASCAR anytime over football (I am British in case any cousins were wondering).
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

My favorite team sport? Irish Hurling. I watched the 2009 All-Ireland Hurling Final between Kilkenny and Tipperary. I was in Dublin but not at Croke Park, I watched from a succession of pubs.

I figured the winning team would be the one that had the fewest number of team members in hospital by half-time.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

PeanutGallery wrote:Maybe we should all list our football teams (it's football here, not soccer and not that pseudo rugby style thing you colonials are so fond of). Mine is Chelsea, since before we got bought by a russian billionaire, my prize possession is a signed Gianfranco Zola shirt.
Top bloke, Zola. I had a friend who worked behind the scenes at Chelsea when he was there, along with Vialli, Gus Poyet (who couldn't yet speak English but still never shut his gob), Roberto di Matteo, Ed de Goey (buck teeth, he could probably eat a carrot through a tennis racquet), Dennis Wise and Frank Le Boeuf (pisshead extraordinare). This was in the days before that vile guttersnipe John Terry came to prominence.

I went to a few events with my friend at a restaurant di Matteo owned in Fulham (La Perla, he later sold it and opened a pizza place near Stamford Bridge). I always wanted to ask LeBoeuf how he got that scar on the back of his skull - it was massive, a big horizontal scar. But I was never sure how he'd take it, so I didn't ask.

Zola is one of the nicest, most genuine people in football, I think. It speaks volumes that although he was asked to stay on an extra season at Chelsea, he said no, he'd already committed to a Serie B team in Sicily for that season and although he hadn't signed a contract with them, he wouldn't break his word.
The Dog
First Mate
First Mate

Post by The Dog »

Been lurking on the forum for a while.

Born on the Wirral (support Tranmere Rovers, stop sniggering mufc1959), but now in London on missionary work trying to persuade the natives that two inches of snow is not a reason to flee indoors in panic for three days!

When I first joined, it was with a feeling of wry humo(u)r that we didn't have tax protesters, sovereign citizens over here, so it's disappointing that we have caught up.

Gregg, in your role as moderator, please could you expunge any post using the word "now" if preceded with the word "right".
AiusLocutius
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by AiusLocutius »

Hello all,
I'm AiusLocutius and enjoy nothing because I'm omnipotent.
Well, when you can see it all, experience it all and smell it all, the novelty begins to wear off after a while, it's a bugger being immortal.
However I do derive a smidge of enjoyment to while away infinity by popping into the GOODF Forums and listening to the fantastic debt relief advise you get there.
What with Jimmy headed to prison shortly.
Front row seats to Cylon and his side kick Abdula something or other, spiralling into psychosis.
DD clawback, Layers and layers of legal twaddle to cover a basic crime.
Attack your Mortgage, Layers and layers of legal twaddle to cover the bringing of a controversy without evidence.
Toms Case, Layers and layers of legal twaddle to cover the fact that at no time did Tom have a case.
And of course lets not forget WeRe Bank.
Hell what am I talking about. Infinity isn’t long enough to cram in the action. WOW!!!!1!!!!
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

FatGambit wrote:I hate football, give me Indycar or NASCAR anytime over football (I am British in case any cousins were wondering).
In my case its making 80 year old motor cars do incredible feats......... :whistle:
If people from Poland are called Poles Why are aren't people from Holland called Holes?
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

AiusLocutius wrote:Hello all,
I'm AiusLocutius and enjoy nothing because I'm omnipotent.
Well, when you can see it all, experience it all and smell it all, the novelty begins to wear off after a while, it's a bugger being immortal.
However I do derive a smidge of enjoyment to while away infinity by popping into the GOODF Forums and listening to the fantastic debt relief advise you get there.
What with Jimmy headed to prison shortly.
Front row seats to Cylon and his side kick Abdula something or other, spiralling into psychosis.
DD clawback, Layers and layers of legal twaddle to cover a basic crime.
Attack your Mortgage, Layers and layers of legal twaddle to cover the bringing of a controversy without evidence.
Toms Case, Layers and layers of legal twaddle to cover the fact that at no time did Tom have a case.
And of course lets not forget WeRe Bank.
Hell what am I talking about. Infinity isn’t long enough to cram in the action. WOW!!!!1!!!!
Wellcome Aius, you will fit in just nice :D
If people from Poland are called Poles Why are aren't people from Holland called Holes?
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

The Dog wrote:Been lurking on the forum for a while.

Born on the Wirral (support Tranmere Rovers, stop sniggering mufc1959), but now in London on missionary work trying to persuade the natives that two inches of snow is not a reason to flee indoors in panic for three days!

When I first joined, it was with a feeling of wry humo(u)r that we didn't have tax protesters, sovereign citizens over here, so it's disappointing that we have caught up.

Gregg, in your role as moderator, please could you expunge any post using the word "now" if preceded with the word "right".
Right Now....I would like to bid you a hearty welcome :whistle:
longdog

Post by longdog »

My name is longdog (lower case L) so called because back when the internet was young and all this round here was fields I needed a user-name and the first thing I looked at was my greyhound Meg. Greyhounds aren't actually longdogs (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longdog) but the name reflects my love of sighthounds. Currently the pack consists of two whippets, a greyhound and a smooth saluki. In the real world everybody calls me 'doggy' except my senile mother who doesn't remember who I am and my ex who calls me 'Bip' for reasons neither of us can remember.

I have been a site engineer, an HGV driver, a very good service engineer, a very bad factory manager and many other things none of which I am qualified for (except HGV driver) being one of life's greatest underachievers / bullshit artists. I've always been of the opinion that most jobs can be picked up within a couple of days and if you can get through the first week without being rumbled you can bluff your way through the not-knowing-what-the-hell-you're-doing period. I do however have a very big mouth and a tendency to tell morons they are morons which means I have been sacked from pretty much every job I have ever done.

I'm originally from Kent but live in a council flat in Hull where I spend my time searching out the stupid on the interwebs, drinking large quantities of tea, chain smoking, looking after my hounds and wine-making. I'm quite partial to real ale when the national-handbag provides me with the financial resources which is not often enough.

I have discovered the holy grail of getting out of debt free (that would make a good name for a website wouldn't it? :lol: ) which I will now reveal to an eager world... If you ignore them for ten years they stop writing.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?