Speeding to jail

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

FatGambit
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Speeding to jail

Post by FatGambit »

I didn't realise that relaying a simple story would result in this level of interrogation, I'll refrain from doing so in future or make sure it's clear on when things took place.

As for being confrontational, I wasn't the one questioning things, I simply replied in the manner in which I was spoken to, if members are not allowed to do this, then I best leave the forum now, I'm happy to agree, disagree and discuss things like any other person, but when someone stops half a tick short of calling me a liar, I'm going to respond in kind.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

FatGambit wrote:As for being confrontational, I wasn't the one questioning things, I simply replied in the manner in which I was spoken to, if members are not allowed to do this, then I best leave the forum now, I'm happy to agree, disagree and discuss things like any other person, but when someone stops half a tick short of calling me a liar, I'm going to respond in kind.
There is no need for you to leave, FG. Relax, you're welcome here. But if someone addresses you in a way which offends you, don't fire a volley back at them. That will just continue a cycle of 'tit for tat'. PM it to a moderator, or wait for someone else to step in.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Hercule Parrot wrote:
FatGambit wrote:As for being confrontational, I wasn't the one questioning things, I simply replied in the manner in which I was spoken to, if members are not allowed to do this, then I best leave the forum now, I'm happy to agree, disagree and discuss things like any other person, but when someone stops half a tick short of calling me a liar, I'm going to respond in kind.
There is no need for you to leave, FG. Relax, you're welcome here. But if someone addresses you in a way which offends you, don't fire a volley back at them. That will just continue a cycle of 'tit for tat'. PM it to a moderator, or wait for someone else to step in.
Nothing to moderate. Losleones posted;
Yes & carries a heavier penalty than a positive breath test. Something about this case doesn't ring true.
Which is well within the bounds of acceptable comment.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

FatGambit wrote: this was 25 years ago mind you, the law is very different now.
A quarter of a century ago.

Anyway;
Can a mod or someone explain that green eye looking icon next to my name on the right of my posts?.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

wanglepin wrote:
FatGambit wrote: this was 25 years ago mind you, the law is very different now.
A quarter of a century ago.

Anyway;
Can a mod or someone explain that green eye looking icon next to my name on the right of my posts?.
It means you are currently online browsing the forum.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

Burnaby49 wrote:
wanglepin wrote:
Anyway;
It means you are currently online browsing the forum.
So not as I first presumed it meant, "We are watching you Peanut, be nice to Burnaby".
Warning may contain traces of nut
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

wanglepin wrote: Can a mod or someone explain that green eye looking icon next to my name on the right of my posts?.
Don't let them fob you off with some kind of "rational" explanation. You and I both know that it indicates the lizards are watching you.
If it makes you feel any better I just glanced to the right and it looks like they're watching me too. :thinking:
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.