Peter of England: He's going to be in REal trouble

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

hardcopy
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Peter of England: He's going to be in REal trouble

Post by hardcopy »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
hardcopy wrote:What's political about evictions and debt and the possible causes of it ? It all relates to how some people are driven into the hands of GOODF, and to seek out WeRe as a means of paying their way out of debt and the moral issues around it..
It's really ridiculous to shutdown discussion about it under the spurious excuse that it's "political".
If I was relating it to government policy or political ideology then I would understand it, I purposely avoided that in my comment.
Burnaby beat me to it regarding moderating this thread but it was wavering into government bailing out of banks and political policies regarding such matters. You just have to get used to it that Quatloos doesn't do that.
Listen, I'm an Admiral and under Maritime Law I think politics should be included
Bones

Post by Bones »

Bones wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/money/can-you-r ... te-6487660

In the cases seen by the Ombudsman, the people providing this information often call themselves Freemen of/on the Land.

In one case, a woman said she’d been told by a friend about a so-called legal loophole that meant many mortgage contracts weren’t technically valid.

The Ombudsman has also now seen cases where people have tried to pay their debts with ‘cheques’ issued by a ‘bank’ set up by those providing the misleading information about debts being unenforceable.

The ‘bank’ (referred to as WeRe Bank) is not registered or authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority.

“The ‘cheques’ are not valid as they are not from a real bank, and people using these to attempt to pay their debts are finding this out the hard way,” the Ombudsman said.

“The Financial Ombudsman Service is urging people, especially those facing financial difficulty, to be vigilant and not to be fooled.”
Peter Of England
1 hr ·

ATTENTION! ATTENTION!

CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT TO BE LAUNCHED AGAINST THE MIRROR FOR PLAIN AND SIMPLE "LYING!" AND NEGLIGENT MISSTATEMENT, and being PRESSTITUTES.... see Hedley Byrne v Heller

Hedley Byrne & Co Ltd v Heller & Partners Ltd [1964] AC 465

Any takers?

It'll cost you a couple of quid to JOIN but the damages from the MIRROR GROUP alone will pay your credit card bill!

Then the banks [HSBC,BARCLAYS, SATAN-DER] and BOE are next as JOINT DEFENDANTS...then UK TREASURY

http://www.mirror.co.uk/…/can-you-reall ... te-6487660
Bones

Post by Bones »

:beatinghorse:

Peter read what the Ombudsman said about your little scam

“The ‘cheques’ are not valid as they are not from a real bank, and people using these to attempt to pay their debts are finding this out the hard way,” the Ombudsman said.

“The Financial Ombudsman Service is urging people, especially those facing financial difficulty, to be vigilant and not to be fooled.”
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

Class action? The man is an idiot. Why can't the WeRe bank do it on its own? Why does he need to run to his customers for the money? I guarantee PoE will take their money but there will be no action. I wonder how he intends to collect their couple of quid?
Last edited by rumpelstilzchen on Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

So the paper discusses him critically and he uses that to beg for more money off people. Bravo.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Mirror: re checks are no good

Peter: i'm going to sue you!

Court Clerk: i'm sorry, i cannot take this pretend check as payment for a filing.

Peter: attention peteyphiles-- it's time to send me some more of those worthless british pounds!
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Bones

Post by Bones »

This is a link to the case referred to by Peter Fraud of England

Hedley Byrne & Co Ltd v Heller & Partners Ltd [1963] UKHL 4 (28 May 1963)
http://www.bailii.org/cgi-bin/markup.cg ... 963/4.html

Bit of a long read, so this is a link to a summary

http://casebrief.me/casebriefs/hedley-byrne-v-heller/

Hedley Byrne & Co Ltd v Heller & Partners Ltd, [1964] AC 465 (Link)

Facts:

→ Hedley (a firm) wanted to know if it would be advisable to extend credit to a customer, Easipower.
→ Hedley asked Heller whether it would be advisable.
→ Heller advised Hedley that it was appropriate to extend credit to Easipower.
→ Hedley extended credit and Easipower went out of business.
→ Hedley sued Heller.
Issue(s):

Did Heller owe Hedley a duty of care?
→ Does the duty of care apply to statements that cause pure economic loss?
Ratio:

A duty of care can arise with respect to careless statements that cause pure economic loss (obiter)

As noted later, in Queen v Cognos Inc, [1993] 1 SCR 87, the Hedley Byrne test has 5 general requirements:
→ 1. There must be a duty of care based on a “special relationship” between the representor and the representee.
→ 2. The representation in question must be untrue, inaccurate, or misleading.
→ 3. The representor must have acted negligently in making said misrepresentation.
→ 4. The representee must have relied in a reasonable manner, on said negligent misrepresentation.
→ 5. The reliance must have been detrimental to the representee in the sense that damages resulted.
Analysis:

The court dismissed the case since there was no duty of care based on the facts

Significant obiter: A duty of care can arise with respect to careless statements that cause pure economic loss
Bones

Post by Bones »

If I am reading this right, is Peter using the above case to say that he doesn't owe a duty of care to anyone that has a WeRe Bank account or to anyone that he has sold cheques too. He is asking for donations from those same idiots to being a claim against the mirror to prove that when this all goes wrong, he owes the idiots nothing

This is ever better than spit or swallow for blatantly taking the piss out of his customers and rubbing their faces in their own stupidity
Llwellyn
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Llwellyn »

Class Action Lawsuit???... uhm, if my understanding of law is correct.. would that not mean that a sum of people, greater than.. ONE (Peter) have been Injured/Damaged/Defrauded or something of the sort.. and that they as a group, are going after the party responsible..
so for this to work, you need....
A) damage/harm/fraud/ whatever to have occured
B) a group of people that have been damaged
C) proof of such damages (to be successful)
(and this is .. really just condensed down for simplicity)

And does England/UK etc have a Class Action Lawsuit (I believe there it is called something else.. however is handled in essence in the same way as in the U.S.A and other nations)

Now, all the members of WeRe bank COULD file a group action against Peter for a form of fraud against them... (which would be an awesome turn of events, as he himself said in the forming of WeRe bank that he wanted them to sue him)
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I may be confused, but i thought UK didn't have/do class action type law suits.

One thing I do know is that in this country it is illegal to use bank, savings and loan, trust company, insurance company, etc. unless you really are legally entitled/licensed to do so. Is this not the case in UK?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Peter Of England wrote:CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT TO BE LAUNCHED AGAINST THE MIRROR....
Any takers?
It'll cost you a couple of quid to JOIN but a lot more to settle the LEGAL COSTS when we inevitably lose
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
NG3

Post by NG3 »

Bones wrote: This is ever better than spit or swallow for blatantly taking the piss out of his customers and rubbing their faces in their own stupidity
He has repeatedly, blatantly mocked his customers. Numerous jokes at their expense and yet they continue to buy it on every level.

No wonder they cant understand the official warnings being released.

He's taunting them & the authorities.

I think he either thinks he's untouchable, or actually wants to be arrested on some level.
Zeke_the_Meek

Post by Zeke_the_Meek »

I do believe someone predicted this "class action" sham ahead of time! Can't remember who it was - it was a good few pages back and weeks ago - but the discussion at the time called it exactly as it's now playing out. Kudos to whoever it was who originally predicted Peter was going to go down this exact same road.

In other news, a Matthew Cooper is just posting the word 'help' all over Petey's FB page without any elaboration. Nothing to say about that, really, but I thought it was entertaining.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Peter Of England
1 hr ·

ATTENTION! ATTENTION!

CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT TO BE LAUNCHED AGAINST THE MIRROR FOR PLAIN AND SIMPLE "LYING!" AND NEGLIGENT MISSTATEMENT, and being PRESSTITUTES.... see Hedley Byrne v Heller

Hedley Byrne & Co Ltd v Heller & Partners Ltd [1964] AC 465

Any takers?

It'll cost you a couple of quid to JOIN but the damages from the MIRROR GROUP alone will pay your credit card bill!

Then the banks [HSBC,BARCLAYS, SATAN-DER] and BOE are next as JOINT DEFENDANTS...then UK TREASURY

The below posted two weeks ago

Can you let me know this weeks lottery numbers
longdog wrote:
Zeke_the_Meek wrote: Anyway, just want to throw out a personal musing here: does anyone else get the impression that Mr. Of England has kinda lost steam with the whole scam? The reason I say this is because he doesn't seem fussed about recruiting new suckers - no meetings, no 'sign up now!' talk, no real promotion of a way to send him money, an admitted disinterest of continuing with the Were Gold thing, and no engagement with anyone that professes interest in signing up for a cheque book.

He just seems hellbent on going down this 'bigger picture' path of insane rambling about zionist conspiracies, and rarely mentions the actual 'services' he sells to people.
Here's my prediction for what it's worth and, like Poe and the rest of the freeman gurus, I will ignore any and all comments about it not coming true...

I reckon that in due course, when it becomes obvious to even the most credulous of suckers, that the WeRe cheques don't work and the 'bank' has failed Poe will announce a 'class action' against the banks, the local authorities, the housing associations, SWIFT, the Bank of England and everybody else who has refused the cheques.

The 'class action' will demand an idiotic amount of compensation, probably in the billions of pounds range (in gold, silver, diamonds, platinum, Pukka Pies, Star Wars action figures etc) per claimant and will cost a mere £200 per person to join in.

£200 in exchange for £billions... Who wouldn't want a slice of that pie?

Needless to say the court action will never happen, just like his class action against the oil industry has never happened, or it will be transferred to his own 'common law court of record' where he will find in favour of himself but as far as the real world is concerned not a single fuck will be given.
Zeke_the_Meek

Post by Zeke_the_Meek »

That was exactly the post I was thinking of - thanks, Bones!

And yeah, Longdog, if you're reading: where does he go from here? :D

(I love the idea that Peter was probably proud of punch at his brand new genius idea, not realising that a 'Quatlooser' had already figured out his train of thought long before he had... though that raises the interesting possibility that he actually took the idea from Longdog and was just waiting for the right moment to unleash his hot legal lawyerin' action?)
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

Bones wrote:If I am reading this right, is Peter using the above case to say that he doesn't owe a duty of care to anyone that has a WeRe Bank account or to anyone that he has sold cheques too. He is asking for donations from those same idiots to being a claim against the mirror to prove that when this all goes wrong, he owes the idiots nothing

This is ever better than spit or swallow for blatantly taking the piss out of his customers and rubbing their faces in their own stupidity
I think his argument is more based on the Obiter, namely that the mirror by accurately reporting what the Financial Ombudsman said, was making a 'careless misstatement' that will cause poor Peter an 'economic loss' because he'll find it harder attracting suckers what with the press saying, this guy is a conman. I don't see how that statement, which was reported by the Mirror, harms the customers of WeRe Bank. If a newspaper were to be critical of one of the banks I hold an account with, it would not do me any harm (though might make me consider moving my money).

In regard to class action suits and the UK, they are more of a rarity over here, they can happen due to a recent change in the law, but so far have been met with disinterest by Lawyers, Judges and the general public, the attitude seems to be that we've gotten along without needing them so far.

However they do provide a good way of screening people who talk about taking legal action. If they start going on about a class action you can, in my opinion, safely assume they don't have a clue as to how to bring a case and likely don't have very strong grounds. They also be much more convinced that the exact opposite is true and disabusing them of that position takes very special skill.
Warning may contain traces of nut
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

Peter threatens class action, but needs donations in pounds sterling to do it, and they still fall for it! This gem though is a reply to his Class Action post,
One of Peter's customer's tries to explain why Were Bank "have" to use UK sterling at the moment.
Baxter Debbie
when your starting a whole knew way of doing things, having cheques printed and all the other things that are needed you think you don't need to use the oppressors ropes ie sterling to climb their walls? WeReBank has to use sterling for now!
When you start an off grid project you use on grid tools to accomplish your mission, it does not mean you will not succeed off grid! AlsoYou cannot go into Tesco and buy alcohol with the monies you just borrowed for your mortgage it is designated, same here..
Besides to and fro in a text box like this doesn't get anywhere near providing the evidence/proof argument that WeReBank is all above board, and I don't intend it to do so, because knowing something is about being informed via your own research and experience.. Not other peoples words including mine x
Like · Reply · 3 hrs
Ok, well whilst your using sterling to climb the walls why not use the same sterling to pay off the debts you agreed to and the sterling you took from those agreements? They seriously are stupid and she deserves all she gets, but she is bound to be another that spouts the Freetard woo but has not actually used a Weird Bank cheque because she is well aware they do not work.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

He's just blowing smoke up his suckers arses. Basically, the stash of cash tucked under his bunk bed is dwindling so therefore it's time to scam his marks again. Given how utterly stupid these people are they'll no doubt be firing off brown envelopes.
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

Even the rope analogy, used by Peter many times, is stupid. I've seen many movies in which the gallant rebels storm the wicked oppressor's castle. Not one of them had a plot device of the oppressor generously providing ropes for the rebels to climb up.

Peter has his own bank. He has his own court that is superior to every other court. If he wants to win a class action, why doesn't he try it himself in his own court? What do the suckers think he needs this money for? To hire lawyers or something?
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

At least this latest episode will give us something with which we can continually taunt PoE. When this so called "class action" never happens, because we all know (including PoE) it won't, we can constantly remind PoE that he is full of shit. It will also give us the opportunity to point and laugh at the suckers who send PoE money for this mythical court case. Perhaps they are addicted to being scammed.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.