Peter of England: He's going to be in REal trouble

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

NG3
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Peter of England: He's going to be in REal trouble

Post by NG3 »

longdog wrote: Quite frankly I don't believe them and even it were the case that the benefits had been stopped without notification then a simple phone-call to the council's benefits section would have revealed the reason. Councils don't just stop paying HB and CTB without a reason even if that reason was erroneous.
That's why I said an important part of the story was missing.

I've actually helped a number of people who have had suspensions and the council has to, & will on request, give a reason.

This sort of thing is pretty routine to sort out, as long as the person you're dealing with is honest and candid. However, in this case, the individuals unwillingness to give all the facts, and their stupidity in going the were bank/goodf route is probably going to cement their own fate.
So this person is unemployed and receiving child benefit and CTC but not JSA, ESA, Income Support or any other contributions based or means tested benefits. I wonder why.

Either this person is not claiming a benefit to which they are entitled or they are not entitled even to means tested benefits... Or they are lying.
Yeah, noticed that. I suspect it's either a benefits sanction that's triggered this, or undeclared savings, or income.
longdog

Post by longdog »

NG3 wrote: Yeah, noticed that. I suspect it's either a benefits sanction that's triggered this, or undeclared savings, or income.
HB and CTB are not dependent on receiving other benefits as far as I know and a person who has their benefits sanctioned would still be entitled to them if they had, presumably, no income at all. I do have vague recollections of the council stopping my HB when I went off one benefit to another and then restarting it again as a new claim.

Undeclared savings might be the problem though.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
longdog

Post by longdog »

Some goofy moron has posted... From what I can see your best shot is to meet this head on, what have you got to lose, backing down from your were bank method of payment will end it loss of your home, I think you need to stand firm on this and insist that the payment has been made, if they don't except it then its their problem and stick to it...
What's that the say about the definition of madness and doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
NG3

Post by NG3 »

longdog wrote:
NG3 wrote: Yeah, noticed that. I suspect it's either a benefits sanction that's triggered this, or undeclared savings, or income.
HB and CTB are not dependent on receiving other benefits as far as I know and a person who has their benefits sanctioned would still be entitled to them if they had, presumably, no income at all.
That is correct, however when the sanction is made the benefits agency informs the council who sometimes erroneously assume the stopped claim is due to the person no longer needing benefits and therefore they stop the HB & CTB too.

It's one mistake I've come across frequently while helping people out, however the entitlement remains so it's usually easy to get it restarted (& backdated to when it was stopped). You usually just have to present a bank statement showing zero income.
longdog

Post by longdog »

I've just realised this is probably definitely the same person idiot we were discussing a few days ago.

longdog

Post by longdog »

As this is appears to be their avatar over on WeForum I think it's fairly safe to assume they are a fully paid up crank and the problem is probably entirely of their own making.

I'm slightly concerned that this person seems to be in charge of children... The poor little sods.
Last edited by longdog on Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Still no one on the werebank forum claiming to actually have gone personally to the latest meeting.

There are people like the usually iq challenged such as maurkee from GOODF trying to make out the dream is real - when will he wake up ?

I don't believe you
Bones

Post by Bones »

Oh dear another one
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

longdog wrote:So this person is unemployed and receiving child benefit and CTC but not JSA, ESA, Income Support or any other contributions based or means tested benefits. I wonder why.

Either this person is not claiming a benefit to which they are entitled or they are not entitled to means tested benefits for some reason... Or they are lying.
Like claiming it previously while working? Massive previous overclaim? If they had been working and the job ended they surely would be on JSA, unless they walked out or got sacked of course. There's a whole load of reasons why or why not, but there is definitely something that hasn't been divulged.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
guilty

Post by guilty »

Sutton Affinity seems to be a pretty decent sort of housing association. Its a charitable social organisation. Plenty of help and advice is on offer from them.
How did GP get into arrears of nearly £4k though? Sutton Affinity start proceedings after 14 days of arrears. There's something else GP is not telling us. There must have been plenty of communication prior to the latest eviction threat.
Even in Council Housing, where obtaining eviction orders is often a difficult task to push through the Courts, there are few opportunities to get that much in debt.
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

NG3 wrote: I suspect it's either a benefits sanction that's triggered this, or undeclared savings, or income.
Well, he does have £150K in his Were Bank account. :snicker:
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

#six wrote:
Pox wrote:Someone facing eviction due to rent arrears. He/she tried the were route but it didn't work!
http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... 87&t=91417
Initial thoughts are that this is the sort of person I feel sorry for. Through no apparent fault of their own they have found themselves in rent arrears and they have turned to the con artist otherwise known as Peter of England for help.

However, their comment about the Polish has removed all sympathy that I initially had. People like this always want to blame others for their predicament so I suspect that there were valid reasons, that they are not sharing, to why they had their benefits cancelled.
GFree is also a serial scrounger/evader, deserves no sympathy. Various posts on GOOFy boasting about how he never pays parking tickets and disregards debt collectors. Every times people like that get away with it, the honest customers bills go a little higher to make up that loss.

And yes, it's the final straw when he blames his feckless, lazy welfare-dependent problems on the Polish migrants who come to UK to work hard and make a good life for their family!
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

mufc1959 wrote:
NG3 wrote: I suspect it's either a benefits sanction that's triggered this, or undeclared savings, or income.
Well, he does have £150K in his Were Bank account. :snicker:
Good point. Anyone with a WeRe bank account isn't eligible for Housing Benefit for a start.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

Someone else is thinking about taking the first step on the fast route to homelessness.

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... d9UHPlViko
Pox

Post by Pox »

mufc1959 wrote:Someone else is thinking about taking the first step on the fast route to homelessness.

Looks like the OP is dithering and for once, Haining has issued a warning but daveiron has started on the slippery slope being a housing association tenant and paying his Council Tax with a were cheque (or so he says?).
I wish daveiron all the best in his quest.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

mufc1959 wrote:Someone else is thinking about taking the first step on the fast route to homelessness.
Good to see they're being eagerly encouraged. This OPCA nonsense won't stop until enough people have got burned, so if Keith and Sue of the family:Williams wish to volunteer themselves it should be applauded as a public service.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Hyrion

Post by Hyrion »

In the thread of GFree:
quantum3d wrote:Isn't the whole point of using were cheques so that we have an excuse that we have offered payment?
From my perspective, that says it all. Anyone responsibly taking care of the debts they take on themselves don't require looking for an excuse to avoid paying.

They would have the clear intent to pay even if they mistakenly believed WeReBank was a real bank.
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

Peter has always been clear that members can't write cheques to themselves and pay these into their own conventional banks accounts. I can't remember what excuse Peter gave for this invented rule; something about public debt, I suppose.

Anyhow, two enterprising Australians thought up a crafty workaround. They would both open WeRe accounts and conventional accounts, then write WeRe cheques to each other, pay them into their conventional accounts, and that would pay for ... well, for anything they liked. What could possibly go wrong?

Thread "Question for Admin and Peter re Australian Members":
241251WM wrote:Hi Chiz Dezi, well I wish I could say that I had some good news to impart, they were happy enough to set up Bank Accounts for us to make the transaction possible, but that was coming up for nearly two weeks ago now - initially the Customer Service lady had said 3 - 4 weeks, which we know pretty much is the same for WerRe Bank and that's fine, but just as we completed all the forms (oh and they got us to sign the backs of the cheques, they made me endorse my own check to my friend and he to do the same for the one(s) he'd written to me -- all of course to cover moving expenses to Sydney, we know this was the wrong thing they made us do, but if we hadn't complied, they'd have refused to even start the process - bank policy )

So yes, two weeks nearly down the track and not a single word from them, have no idea if the cheques are still sitting in Sydney or if in fact they are now with the WeRe Bank in Manchester for clearing? The other very sad news is that a day or so after, I'd been in touch via email to WeRe Bank Admin about the Bendigo Cheques, and they via email sent me the "Authorization Codes" for two of the cheques (mine - to my friend), I was over the moon, thought we'd at least be able with those codes in our immediate possession to get those two cheques cleared and credited to our accounts and immediately and we'd be on our way to Sydney - phoned the Commonwealth spoke to the Manageress Louse told her I had the Authorization codes for two of the cheques and could they now be cleared and depositied? She sounded absolutely horrified on the phone, said no they couldn't possibly use those codes, they had to be stamped on the back by WeRe Bank in Manchester and then returned to Sydney and even then she wasn't sure if the cleared cheques would be approved by the Commonwealth for the funds to be deposited into our accounts.

Let's just say, am not holding my breath because will be a very long wait if it takes them 8 weeks

Wendy and Les
Hyrion

Post by Hyrion »

littleFred wrote:They would both open WeRe accounts and conventional accounts, then write WeRe cheques to each other, pay them into their conventional accounts, and that would pay for ... well, for anything they liked.
Makes me wonder of the possibility the Australian Authorities would view them as being in collusion to defraud the Australian Bank.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I'd say Wendy and Les are in for some serious disappointment and financial hurt when their bank discovers what the rest of us have already long known, that the checks are worthless.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.