Chrisy Morris - Parking Tickets and Bailiffs.

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

longdog
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Chrisy Morris - Parking Tickets and Bailiffs.

Post by longdog »

Arthur Rubin wrote:Interim Moderator note , pending review from the other Arthur.

General discussion of home schooling is likely to lead to flame wars (it does so in real life among relatively sane people), so is banned from the board.
In the context of the UK forum I don't think homeschooling is likely to be even close to a contentious issue because in the UK homeschooling is hardly even a thing. I'm struggling to even find a reliable figure for the number of homeschool kids in the UK.

I suspect 99.9% of British people would say something along the lines of "It has its uses in some rare circumstances but otherwise?... Nah!". Chances of it turning into a flame war... Slightly less than sweet FA.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

Agreed. Just not all that interesting although in this case I think most British people would think it not a very good idea, not because of any principles but due to a feeling that a teacher should be someone with something to teach.
Unless the kid is the teacher and she is teaching Mr. Morris a bit about being nice to people.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

we have some friends who Homeschooled their children last year (Pre-K and 1st Grade) here in NYC. they gave up this year as it was a lot of work, and very challenging. This family comes from a line of educators, teachers, and their family was responsible for founding a school in NYC. However, there are lots of requirements for Homeschooling here, from submitting lesson plans to reports to the Board of Ed, to regular updates. It isn't' as easy as people think it is. You have to plan every day out, and report progress.

I would hope there are similar requirements in the UK, and my guess is like any other set of rules, Chrisy will not agree with them, or comply with them. Then I think this issue becomes fair game. Until then I think outside of stating that this will end in disaster, there isn't much more to say on this topic
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

A good summation on the UK HS Han be viewed here:

http://www.gettherightschool.co.uk/theg ... oling.html

I think it’s in the tens of thousands. Mrs Steve:UK is head of post 16 and what some might call a super teacher. She’s against it as it misses all the social side and tends to be favoured solely by certain types of parents.
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

According to figures from various education authorities across the UK, the number of children home educated is around 30,000.

My son was home educated from age 13 to 16 years of age, due to being bullied at school and anxiety issues etc. Though to be fair, it was also in conjunction with an a programme linked to the local education authority called "NotSchool" where he was set work on a daily basis via online communication, which was then marked as well. He also had an online mentor who he could ring as discuss any problems with. They also visited him once a month. It also meant that I had to check his work every day and make sure he kept up with it. I'm not sure it would have worked if it had been left to me to educate him on my own.

He ended up taking exams which were equivalent to GCSE's. Bottom line is that he now works for a removal company, on pretty good wages for his age and just moved in with girlfriend into their first flat. So it does work for some, but i guess it all depends on the circumstances involved.

I for one would never take a child out of school unless it really warranted it. And as for the BNP candidate, god knows what he will teach his daughter, I feel sorry for her already.
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Arthur Rubin wrote:Interim Moderator note , pending review from the other Arthur.

General discussion of home schooling is likely to lead to flame wars (it does so in real life among relatively sane people), so is banned from the board.
A quick ^ Yeah That ^.
We could quickly get into religious minorities and politics and Quatloos doesn't do that. At present, I see no reason to involve Ms Morris Jnr. in what her dad gets up to, and the choices he makes for her as a parent.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

Siegfried Shrink wrote: It's a sort of bullying, in my opinion.
um, yeah.......not 'sort of'. it is.

I can't, in good conscience put my wonderful daughter into a depressive environment where she will be stifled, or worse, unless she conforms.
odd. A) you have no conscience. B) you are doing exactly that.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Maybe high school has changed since I went. But I suspect there are still a lot of possibilities other than "cut yourself" and "be stifled."
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

He could always get his mate Rekha Patel to home school all 3 of his kids - kinda like a live-in governess... "Just a spoonful of sugar helps the Magna Carta go down..." She has been known to do a few spells too.
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

He Who Knows wrote:He could always get his mate Rekha Patel to home school all 3 of his kids - kinda like a live-in governess... "Just a spoonful of sugar helps the Magna Carta go down..." She has been known to do a few spells too.
Why stop there? There must be scope for a "faith school", located near the epicentre of woo (Nottingham). An Alternative Reality School Enterprise, if you like...

Head of ICT and Plumbing - Baron Von TrampBeard
Head of Legal Studies - Guy Taylor
Head of History - David Robinson (off sick)
Senior Chemistry Teacher - Neelu Berry
Sport and Bigotry Director - Chrissy Morris

It's perfect! Mark "Colon" Haining could handle the buses, Peter Smith would be the Bursar and Krabby could look after drug sales at the school gate.

Come on, fmotls, rebels and sovcits - time to make an ARSE of yourselves.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Would Tom Crawford be in charge of resident student accommodation?
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Cold Burnaby, but an excellent suggestion.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Burnaby49 wrote:Would Tom Crawford be in charge of resident student accommodation?
Not sure he'll have time for this alongside his main portfolio as Head of Drama....
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

He'd certainly give it every care and attention he devotes to other important matters.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Chrissy currently involved in defending another eviction, and if you nip over to his FB page, he's live streaming it.
Seems to have ended a few hours ago, with yet another customer helped safely into the streets.
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
Siegfried Shrink

Do you hacve a link to that for non facebook people.
Sometimes facebook links do enable me to see video.
katiHWB
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by katiHWB »

Siegfried Shrink wrote:Do you hacve a link to that for non facebook people.
Sometimes facebook links do enable me to see video.
not sure if you'll be able to watch this (it was a 'live' Fb video, so no proper link other than to his Fb page) https://www.facebook.com/chrisy.morris.7?ref=br_rs

it's not up on his Youtube channel so far - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoMTyH ... Y_g/videos
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
Douglas Adams
Siegfried Shrink

Page not available. I expect if it was disasterous enough he You Tube it.

Every failure a Win!
katiHWB
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by katiHWB »

Siegfried Shrink wrote:Page not available. I expect if it was disasterous enough he You Tube it.

Every failure a Win!
if he posts it up on youtube I'll post the link ;)
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
Douglas Adams
Siegfried Shrink

Thank you. You tube evictions have really fallen out of fashion nowadays.