Chrisy Morris - Parking Tickets and Bailiffs.

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

YiamCross
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Chrissy Morris - Parking Tickets and Bailiffs.

Post by YiamCross »

This recurring theme of children's icons. Clowns? What next? I wonder if he keeps sweeties in his pockets for the kids. There's something seriously wrong with this bloke.
Pox

Post by Pox »

letissier14 wrote:Chrissy Morris & Tesco 5p bags - what a clown

https://www.facebook.com/chrisy.morris. ... 676691267/
For those across the pond here is some background -

on the 5 October most shops have to charge 5p for each plastic bag issued to customers ( I won't go into the exemptions)?

The 5p levy is supposed to be collected and redistributed to worthwhile causes.

Wales introduced this charge some time ago and figures of a 70 per cent reduction in the use of plastic bags has been reported.

Many would regard this as a positive move (IMO, we do use too many plastic bags and I have never understood why we don't use paper bags, like the USA).

The web is full of reasons/scams to avoid this charge, just like this clown.

Make your own mind up.
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

YiamCross wrote:This recurring theme of children's icons. Clowns? There's something seriously wrong with this bloke.
Wasn't John Wayne Gacy a clown?
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

Ireland has charged for plastic carrier bags for a very long time. Last time I went there the lack of empty bags blowing in the wind or caught in trees or on fences was very noticable. Don't know why they didn't do this ages ago. Oh, wait, I do. The supermarket and plastic bag manufacturer lobby.
IDIOT

Post by IDIOT »

wanglepin wrote:
YiamCross wrote:This recurring theme of children's icons. Clowns? There's something seriously wrong with this bloke.
Wasn't John Wayne Gacy a clown?
Gacey, killer of gay blokes he used to pick up.
ComfySlippers
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by ComfySlippers »

I hadn't seen this individual before.
The U.K. FOTL-Wafflers are just embarrassing to watch.

He was "Doing A Roy". Spending more on the phone call than the cost of a bag.

Interestingly, towards the end of Bag-Gate, he used the term "Thieving Baskets".

I'll let fellow Brits explain to The lovely U.S. Folk here why that's funny and appropriate.

Hilarious stuff.
___
Sincerely and without malice aforethought, ill will, vexation or frivolity,
Comfy: of the Family Slippers
Footwear-On-The-Loungefloor

___
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

YiamCross wrote:Ireland has charged for plastic carrier bags for a very long time. Last time I went there the lack of empty bags blowing in the wind or caught in trees or on fences was very noticable. Don't know why they didn't do this ages ago. Oh, wait, I do. The supermarket and plastic bag manufacturer lobby.
So does Switzerland from my past experiences there in the winter. It's a good move, additionally in the weeks before the big change, my local Tesco was giving out free bags for life if you went to use a normal carrier at the till. I would assume other Tesco's did the same.

So Chrissy is complaining about not being able to return something he could have been given FOR FREE.
Warning may contain traces of nut
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

PeanutGallery wrote:
YiamCross wrote:Ireland has charged for plastic carrier bags for a very long time. Last time I went there the lack of empty bags blowing in the wind or caught in trees or on fences was very noticable. Don't know why they didn't do this ages ago. Oh, wait, I do. The supermarket and plastic bag manufacturer lobby.
So does Switzerland from my past experiences there in the winter. It's a good move, additionally in the weeks before the big change, my local Tesco was giving out free bags for life if you went to use a normal carrier at the till. I would assume other Tesco's did the same.

So Chrissy is complaining about not being able to return something he could have been given FOR FREE.

I had a spare 6 weeks before I moved here and "helped" out at a 24 hour Tesco where my brother is a manager. The stores would not like being told to give away the bags for free that's for sure, and i bet some would have found a "work around," but to be fair on cost grounds they have been trying to get rid of bags for years. Being Tesco though they were kind of ham fisted about it. Stores would order bags but no bags would appear so they were forced to use old Bannana boxes etc from Produce, and the back of the checkouts soon began to take on the appearance of a "box storeroom," Produce were happy though, no trailing boxes back to the warehouse and Checkouts were closer. The give everyone free bags for life was asked for but the manager said no, use flower bags instead, because the flower bags came off someone else's budget and not the stores. Typical Tesco :) Odd place to work. I also think it is a good thing, and I bet Tesco do as well but for different reasons.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
Joinder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by Joinder »

How long before this clown claims that check out staff are on a bonus for selling plastic bags ?
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

Joinder wrote:How long before this clown claims that check out staff are on a bonus for selling plastic bags ?
Well over on GOODF it's already being denounced as a scam.
Warning may contain traces of nut
NG3

Post by NG3 »

Has no one pointed out to them that it's not an obligation to buy these bags and that if giving 5p to charity is such a problem to them that they are fully entitled to take their own bags with them?

Even a 7 year-old doesn't whine as much as this lot.
Joinder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by Joinder »

Another video from the clown , giving grief to some woman on the phone.
Only watched about 30 seconds, I stand his smug facial expressions. Grrrr
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

Joinder wrote:Another video from the clown , giving grief to some woman on the phone.
Only watched about 30 seconds, I [Can't/would like to*]stand [on*] his smug facial expressions. Grrrr
* Delete as applicable.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

I can get at least 5 trips to the market out of a single paper bag, then i 5 more uses for trash. i also have several cloth bags that cost a dollar each. sometimes i use and reuse produce boxes. i'm trying to be a responsible citizen, i don't get the oppression part.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gW_km-rx9o

On the phone to the Bailiffs again, trying the usual bullying tactics to get them to return the debt. This has a twist though, this cage fighter feels distressed and harrased because he got a letter off them.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
Joinder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by Joinder »

YiamCross wrote:
Joinder wrote:Another video from the clown , giving grief to some woman on the phone.
Only watched about 30 seconds, I [Can't/would like to*]stand [on*] his smug facial expressions. Grrrr
* Delete as applicable.
Too many options !
Joinder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by Joinder »

Skeleton wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gW_km-rx9o

On the phone to the Bailiffs again, trying the usual bullying tactics to get them to return the debt. This has a twist though, this cage fighter feels distressed and harrased because he got a letter off them.
I couldn't watch it, his face brings me out in a rash.
I can only guess why "Nuremberg" is in the title, traffic and parking fines are usually compared to mass murder by the likes of Chrissy and others.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Joinder wrote:

I can only guess why "Nuremberg" is in the title, traffic and parking fines are usually compared to mass murder by the likes of Chrissy and others.
Couldn't watch more than a minute myself, I will say the whole Nuremberg thing probably relates to his questions to her towards the end (I skipped there quite quickly) talking about following orders. I guess doing your job and following the laws of a democratic country, laws that I may add do not single out a specific group of people for collective punishment and annihilation, is just unacceptable to some. It isn't like she is killing anyone just because of their beliefs. The thing about following orders, is that unless the order is morally repugnant, cause you to act illegally, or are part of a genocide, it is what we have to do when working for someone. All she is doing is trying to collect a debt, nothing more, nothing abhorrent, nothing illegal or genocidal.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

NYGman wrote:
Joinder wrote:

Couldn't watch more than a minute myself, I will say the whole Nuremberg thing probably relates to his questions to her towards the end (I skipped there quite quickly) talking about following orders. I guess doing your job and following the laws of a democratic country, laws that I may add do not single out a specific group of people for collective punishment and annihilation, is just unacceptable to some. It isn't like she is killing anyone just because of their beliefs. The thing about following orders, is that unless the order is morally repugnant, cause you to act illegally, or are part of a genocide, it is what we have to do when working for someone. All she is doing is trying to collect a debt, nothing more, nothing abhorrent, nothing illegal or genocidal.
He feels distressed and harrased but not enough not to bring "Nuremberg" into it.

I wish somebody would take him to court but that is not what he is after, he just wants the debt sent back, then he will set up a repayment plan and we will move on to the next Morris phone call. My only suprise in this one is he did not bring vunerable into it but i guess he was to busy being harrased and distressed.
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Back to the 5p (usually 10 cents in the US) plastic bags. Many cities in California, and soon the whole state, will have a ban on "disposable" plastic (carrier) bags. However, ....

Paper bags, and to some extent cloth bags, are useless in carrying things that potentially leak brightly colored (coloured) liquids. (I'm going to speak American in the rest of the post, without trying to add running translation.) In our case, when we have a plastic bag which isn't sticky or wet, we use them to line (plastic) wastepaper baskets. Seems a reasonable recycling method. I suspect that, when we run out of plastic bags, we're going to have to occasionally dispose of the entire wastepaper baskets when a sufficiently obnoxious substance is disposed of.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95