Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Pox
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: The Crawfords post eviction liabilities

Post by Pox »

YiamCross wrote:
Pox wrote:
Again assuming that there is any equity in SMH, would a deed of variation work for them - usually utilised for Inheritance Tax purposes (doubt they qualify IHT) but worth a chance?

http://uk.practicallaw.com/4-500-3058
Nope. Would instantly be seen as an attempt to hide an asset and result in more than a slapped wrist. Plus of course the court would reverse it. The only hope they have is if Sue's mum changed her will to benefit the grandchildren.

As someone has pointed out, we don't know how any assets left by Sue's mum will be disposed of, there may be other beneficiaries. One thing is for sure, though, anything Sue was due will go straight to UKAR. I'm sure they will be aware of the situation and will know the moment probate is granted and what's available to repay their assuredly massive debt.

OK, but could they try a disclaimer of interest? A risky move, but worth a punt?

P.S. I am not wishing to find a way out for the Crawfords, they deserve all they get (or don't get/inherit)
NG3

Post by NG3 »

YiamCross wrote: Nope. Would instantly be seen as an attempt to hide an asset and result in more than a slapped wrist.
This is one of those moments where you can imagine some of their "supporters" saying "If you just transfer this here, and do that there, you can avoid losing anything!" without adding "...but because this is illegal, Tom, you do realise that, if they bankrupt Sue, if they catch you out, you could be condemning your wife to prison for a number of years, quite a few depending on how stupid you've been".

Maybe Tom's not stupid afterwards?

Get his son nicked for aiding and conspiring with the attic toilet 6, get Sue arrested for insolvency fraud, then he only needs to get Amanda out the way and then the coast is clear for him to set up a love nest with Ebert?

Improbable, I know, but it would be smarter than anything he's done so far.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

She does live in her own little alternative reality doesn't she?
Amanda Pike wrote: why on earth would you think decent people like us would have anything to do with people like you? you don't even have the testicles to identify yourself....why?.....because you're clearly scared,
"decent people like us" - Objection - assumes facts not in evidence.
Yes, some of the sov cit FMOTL do scare me, especially when their 16 yo kids go shooting Policemen. OK not likely to happen in England but then who went round Mark Gillard's place several times causing damage? And talking of scared where do your mum and dad live these days? Funny how a carpet fitter and guru can run a business that doesn't have an address.
Amanda Pike wrote:....and that's simply because you know what you're doing is wrong. So If thats how you want to enjoy yourselves and what you want to spend your pennies on then you fill your boots enjoy yourselves!
"wrong"? As in discussing court cases, transcripts and outcomes? Like your dad, Ebert and a few convicted criminals do? Why is it okay for them to do it but not us? Oh yes, that's it, you're hypocrites.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

Betty's in Key West? A good friend of mine owns a little rib joint not too far from there, well in Coconut Creek, so not far by American standards. I keep meaning to head over to see what it's like (I have tried the food, although that was because said friend shipped the head chef over for a bbq a couple of years back).

Are you local to Florida Gregg? Or was it just a vacation trip?
Warning may contain traces of nut
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Pox wrote:OK, but could they try a disclaimer of interest? A risky move, but worth a punt?
A waste of everyone's time. The insolvency practitioner / receiver will easily obtain a court order overturning any attempt to conceal,dissipate or exclude assets. And the costs for obtaining that order will be paid from TC's assets, whatever those may be.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

TC's assets, whatever those may be
Well, now that we know where Betty the chicken has run off to, we can add her to the schedule of assets.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
FatGambit

Post by FatGambit »

She's more than an asset, if she managed to get from Nottingham to Florida she must be like Dante and own something of value... perhaps Tom put the works van in her name too? Although I'm not quite sure how she'd reach the pedals, at least Dante has long legs...

She's a co-conspiritor, surely UKAR can add her to the bankruptcy petition along with Tom and Sue?
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

PeanutGallery wrote:Betty's in Key West? A good friend of mine owns a little rib joint not too far from there, well in Coconut Creek, so not far by American standards. I keep meaning to head over to see what it's like (I have tried the food, although that was because said friend shipped the head chef over for a bbq a couple of years back).

Are you local to Florida Gregg? Or was it just a vacation trip?
Just a quick vacation I took, by coincidence with someone else who is active on this website, but not the UK section. I usually live in a Well Armed Bunker Complex between Cincinnati and Columbus, Ohio, currently being relocated,
so for a time I'm in a Well Armed Homeless Shelter (an extended stay hotel actually), I also have an historically significant retirement home near the battlefield in Gettysburg Pennsylvania where I plan to someday retire and currently vacation.

The projected completion of my new house is early march so I'm going to be slumming it for a few more months.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

The whole "Well Armed Bunker Complex" meme comes from two sources, mostly that I, to many people apparently, seem like the kind of guy who lives in a bunker complex full of guns and booby traps and heavily trained attach Dachshunds out on the perimeter. Which is true as far as it goes.....

And partly because my old home was between a golf course and an Army Reserve Station, thus the bunkers and the guns...the new house is still near the golf course, on the other side of essentially the same development. And we will still be protected by the 699th Airborne Attack Dachshund Regiment, the "Death from above Weinerdogs"

Never underestimate the carnage possible with Attack Helicopters and Dachshunds.
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Hold up, so Betty not only survives the eviction unscathed but somehow comes up with the cash to retire to Key West?

Are we sure Betty the Chicken was not behind this entire fiasco pulling the strings? Could this be why Tom doesn't remember cancelling the endowment policy, it was the chicken that did it?
KickahaOta

Post by KickahaOta »

Jeffrey wrote:Hold up, so Betty not only survives the eviction unscathed but somehow comes up with the cash to retire to Key West?

Are we sure Betty the Chicken was not behind this entire fiasco pulling the strings? Could this be why Tom doesn't remember cancelling the endowment policy, it was the chicken that did it?
Well, with all the journalism about this whole sad saga, it's fitting that it would end with a Pullet Surprise.

*flees into the night*
Bones

Post by Bones »

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... iN71WstUqI

Tom has lost everytime he has gone to court, he lost his family home and been left with a legal bill of £98k

But Ceylon claims that Tom has not lost lol :brickwall:
ArthurWankspittle

Bones wrote:Tom has lost everytime he has gone to court, he lost his family home and been left with a legal bill of £98k
Actually, strictly what Mark Haining said is true in that Tom and Guy still have to answer criminal charges in court. But if Mark Haining thinks Tom still has a civil case ongoing he's completely wrong.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Jeffrey wrote:Hold up, so Betty not only survives the eviction unscathed but somehow comes up with the cash to retire to Key West?

Betty may have been the mastermind behind the whole thing, but she's not retired by a long shot. Slinging rum drinks to Pirates at a poolside bar is hardly relaxing in your old age and as she's not my "type" I made no inquiries as to her extracurricular vocations but suffice to say its not unknown for a waitress to pull down extra money on the side. :shrug:

Still, on your own in Key West or daily exposure to Amanda the Dancing Elephant rehearsals, the choice is obvious. And there are no outlets of Kentucky Fried Chicken on the island of Key West.
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
Bones wrote:Tom has lost everytime he has gone to court, he lost his family home and been left with a legal bill of £98k
Actually, strictly what Mark Haining said is true in that Tom and Guy still have to answer criminal charges in court. But if Mark Haining thinks Tom still has a civil case ongoing he's completely wrong.
Tom has a class action and a grand jury going, thats what he said he was going to do months ago.

Are you scared?

No me neither.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
SoLongCeylon

Post by SoLongCeylon »

Jeffrey wrote:
NG3 wrote:Oh and by the way if this kebab plays havoc with my insides I'll be taking a dump in your attic/Craig's bedroom/the masturbation chamber."?
Or as it's known in classier circles, the mastorbatorium

Judging by the list of scantily clad ladies that appear as people Craig follows on twitter ( @craigsways ) I would say the tissues were needed for his issues. I have a screen shot of some of those he follows but I don;t know who to display it here ( any idea's?? ) I bet he has a screen shots aswell Matron!!!!!!!!!!!
NG3

Post by NG3 »

YiamCross wrote:She couldn't resist.
Amanda Pike why on earth would you think decent people like us would have anything to do with people like you? you don't even have the testicles to identify yourself....
Nice to see the lose-your-name crowd calling you out for losing your name.
ArthurWankspittle

Skeleton wrote:Tom has a class action and a grand jury going, thats what he said he was going to do months ago.
First, I don't think it is in a real court and second, he has such a memory problem he won't remember it in a few months.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

So basically his mates are going to sit around at the local Asda Cafe and agree that Tom's been hard done by the banks, make some proclamations on a YouTube video, which will all count for diddly squat in the grand scheme of things.

Tom has failed to persuade a real court that he should have his house back and he's reached the end of line when it comes to arguing that it should be returned (well he could try to get the case into the Supreme Court and then on to Europe, but I think any applications will be denied as having no real prospects of success).

All he can realistically do now is to try and challenge the bill, which I don't think he will (I think instead he'll be fixated on getting the house back and will just ignore or otherwise fail to properly argue against the bankruptcy).
Warning may contain traces of nut
fat frank

Post by fat frank »

NG3 wrote:
PeanutGallery wrote:
NG3 wrote:
& he's managed to hit nearly every branch on the tree on the way down, so far...
And we know there's still plenty of tree left.
Does he though?

His reaction to additional costs suggests that none of his "supporters" were drilling home the potential consequences to him, and we certainly know they were aware of those consequences eg. by reading here, as we know some do.

Before the rooftop protest, for example, did Haining speak to Tom and say "Look, are you really sure about this because it's entirely possible that if this ingenious plan of mine doesn't work you might be liable for more costs, or losses. Oh and by the way if this kebab plays havoc with my insides I'll be taking a dump in your attic/Craig's bedroom/the masturbation chamber."?

tom allegedly give them permission to go the roof top protest, and that allegedly came from one of the roof top 6