The Crawfords post eviction liabilities

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

letissier14
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: The Crawfords post eviction liabilities

Post by letissier14 »

SoLongCeylon wrote:I thought there was supposed to be an embargo on the transcript until Monday???

Anyway, it is a good read but I think this £98k figure is not correct.

Consider :

£43k amount owed at end of mortgage - House sold for £55k 43 + 55 = 98!

I think, reading the transcript, Tom has mistaken what was being said by and he has just added the two figures up. Not surprising when you consider this inability to understand virtually anything else properly.

Elsewhere in the transcript,(341 onwards) the B&B Barrister states "I have no consequential applications in relation to costs the reason for that being that the Bradley and Bingley will rely on its right to a contractual indemnity under the
mortgage conditions …" See also 342 to 352

AS yet, IMO the B&B haven't ( or hadnt as of the date of this Court hearing ) added it all up - but the message here, it they WILL BE.

Therefore, I think the figure of £98k is not the shortfall.
Having read the transcript again this morning, I think you are actually correct in what you say, as Tom thinks that he has paid the mortgage off already (approx £43k) and has added the sale price (55k) and come up with the figure of £98k and that's why he is saying there can't be a shortfall as B&B have had £98k now.
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

KickahaOta wrote:...
And while I'm being sad, let's all bow our heads for a moment for The Honourable Mr. Justice Phillips... When Mr. Crawford filed for the hearing, he requested a 60-minute time block. Let's see how that went...
170. Mr Justice Phillips : This application, you estimated to be an hour, is that right?
171. Mr Crawford : Yes I thought so.
172. Mr Justice Phillips : So you’ve had over 35 minutes, so shall we hear from Bradford &
Bingley now?
401. Mr Justice Phillips : Now, we’ve already … we’ve already gone over the estimate for that
application by almost double, so now move on[...]
And there were another 183 points beyond that.
plus another small transcript we're owed of the deliberation for the civil restraint order, don't know how many points in that.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

SoLongCeylon wrote:I thought there was supposed to be an embargo on the transcript until Monday???
Only publishing the whole thing.

Picking bits out and thowing them to the slavering masses is what we all paid for... Well, that's what I thought.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

AndyPandy wrote:Judge: I'm preventing you from bringing more cases before this Court.
Crawford: no you can't do that

Judge: yes, I can
Crawford: no you can't

Judge: I've just done it
Crawford: what about the Supreme Court, you can't ban me from there

Judge: OK
And a guest apperance from Ebert, no sane person could make this stuff up....
517. Mr Justice Phillips : It doesn’t stop you defending yourself, it stops you making
applications. Well I think Mr Ebert is probably familiar with civil restraint orders.

518. Mr Ebert : I am very familiar, that’s the reason I can assist him. That’s illegal. He is
entitled to put his defence.
NG3

Post by NG3 »

Anyone know if Craig's found a buyer for his car yet?

He did seem a little desperate to raise some cash.

It's probably unrelated, but it could be to raise funds towards a shortfall.
Joinder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by Joinder »

YiamCross wrote:
Only publishing the whole thing.

Picking bits out and thowing them to the slavering masses is what we all paid for... Well, that's what I thought.
It's torture for us paupers. I'm forwarding the transcript, if I ever get it, straight to the BBC comedy commissioning dept.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

I've just lost a massive reply to this post. :brickwall:
SoLongCeylon wrote:Anyway, it is a good read but I think this £98k figure is not correct.

Consider :

£43k amount owed at end of mortgage - House sold for £55k 43 + 55 = 98!

I think, reading the transcript, Tom has mistaken what was being said by and he has just added the two figures up. Not surprising when you consider this inability to understand virtually anything else properly.
I don't think £98k as a total is enough to cover all the costs and losses of the B&B. It's on the high side of what I was expecting but it is possible. The security and legal costs could be £98k on their own.
SoLongCeylon wrote:Elsewhere in the transcript,(341 onwards) the B&B Barrister states "I have no consequential applications in relation to costs the reason for that being that the Bradley and Bingley will rely on its right to a contractual indemnity under the
mortgage conditions …"
The barrister doesn't need to know what the figure is or whether Tom has been given it. It is irrelevant to the case Tom brought and (s)he is defending. The quote is standard B&B mortgage agreement and it is probably a technicality that it either has to be raised by the defence or will be asked for by the judge.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
NG3

Post by NG3 »

Joinder wrote: It's torture for us paupers. I'm forwarding the transcript, if I ever get it, straight to the BBC comedy commissioning dept.
You better get your skates on, I already passed Ebert's to a producer friend of mine (not for TV purposes, but just because she enjoys a good laugh) & she found it so amusing that she passed it on to a well known comedian as potential inspiration. She's also aware of the existence of the Crawford transcript and is begging for a copy.
fat frank

Post by fat frank »

I think toms had a bill for 98k, but he thinks he only has to pay the mortgage 43k and since they sold it for 55k, he was expecting 12k and then they say you still owe use 98k, so the whole think has prob cost 153k
NG3

Post by NG3 »

fat frank wrote:I think toms had a bill for 98k, but he thinks he only has to pay the mortgage 43k and since they sold it for 55k, he was expecting 12k
He should of gone to quatloos, I hear they explained it ages ago.
guilty

Post by guilty »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:The barrister doesn't need to know what the figure is or whether Tom has been given it. It is irrelevant to the case Tom brought and (s)he is defending. The quote is standard B&B mortgage agreement and it is probably a technicality that it either has to be raised by the defence or will be asked for by the judge.
B&B certainly don't want the judge to decide costs and will jump in to prevent that, because the costs set by the court will be substantially less than B&B can recover through the mortgage agreement.
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
Joinder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by Joinder »

NG3 wrote:
Joinder wrote: It's torture for us paupers. I'm forwarding the transcript, if I ever get it, straight to the BBC comedy commissioning dept.
You better get your skates on, I already passed Ebert's to a producer friend of mine (not for TV purposes, but just because she enjoys a good laugh) & she found it so amusing that she passed it on to a well known comedian as potential inspiration. She's also aware of the existence of the Crawford transcript and is begging for a copy.
The Ebert sketch had me in fits, pure comedy gold, whoever the comedian is , he has material for a lifetime.
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

Ok i am no legal eagle and you guys are confusing me now, and this not being GOODF i will admit i am a little lost.

Does Tom owe any money and has he had the bill? If he has is 98K your pom money a ball park figure?
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
guilty

Post by guilty »

Skeleton wrote:Does Tom owe any money and has he had the bill? If he has is 98K your pom money a ball park figure?
Tom owes lots of money. I don't think he has yet received the final accounting. The 98k was a figure that Tom quoted in the latest court transcript but those that have read it think that Tom was confused about something. No! Really?
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
SoLongCeylon

Post by SoLongCeylon »

Can anyone remember what date Grandma's funeral was? I think Craig tweeted / facebooked a picture on the day.

Thanks
SoLongCeylon

Post by SoLongCeylon »

NG3 wrote:Anyone know if Craig's found a buyer for his car yet?

Is it advertised somewhere? How much was he asking?
NG3

Post by NG3 »

SoLongCeylon wrote:
NG3 wrote:Anyone know if Craig's found a buyer for his car yet?

Is it advertised somewhere? How much was he asking?
No clue on the price but he was trying to sell it locally a couple of weeks ago, cash only, because he said he needed the money.

I got the info from a mutual "friend" (he actually thinks Craig's a twat - his word not mine - but you know how people do the polite thing...)

Eta. A quick check of his Facebook turned up this:
Craig Crawford added 2 new photos — feeling positive.
23 September at 17:16
Nottingham ·
Selling an Audi a5 2011 - 2 Litre TDI. Beaut condition! Hit me up or share if you care!!!!!!! Open to sensible offers 56k on the clock.
(Giving away a whole GuardX cleaning/protective kit worth a bit of wedge too!)
Last edited by NG3 on Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
longdog

Post by longdog »

guilty wrote:
Skeleton wrote:Does Tom owe any money and has he had the bill? If he has is 98K your pom money a ball park figure?
Tom owes lots of money. I don't think he has yet received the final accounting. The 98k was a figure that Tom quoted in the latest court transcript but those that have read it think that Tom was confused about something. No! Really?
Well we have a few figures but what is what is anybody's guess once it's been through Tom's head.

The mortgage was £43,000

The house was sold for £55,000

Tom is dribbling on about a figure of £98,000 which could be the total costs or might just be Tom adding the mortgage figure to the sale figure which does add up to £98,000 but is utterly irrelevant. He might just as have added on his inside leg measurement, his phone bill and the annual food budget for Betty the chicken.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

I'll try again now to come up with some figures.
(all in £k)
Mortgage 43
Arrears interest and arrears dept costs 10
Legal and court costs 35
Security costs 40
Bailiffs visits and the like 10
Selling costs estate agent fees etc. 10
Removals and storage 5
Total 153, minus sale of house 55 gives Tom and Sue a bill of 98.
Open to discussing and explaining my figures.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

longdog wrote: He might just as have added on his inside leg measurement, his phone bill and the annual food budget for Betty the chicken.
Whatever the final bill it ain't going to be chicken feed !! :haha: :haha: