The Crawfords post eviction liabilities

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Skeleton
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: The Crawfords post eviction liabilities

Post by Skeleton »

longdog wrote:I very, very, very much doubt that the Crawfords would have been offered council accommodation.

They weren't homeless prior to their eviction and they were only homeless afterwards for reasons that the council would consider to be intentional homelessness which puts them right down at the bottom of the list if that.
Agreed he made himself homeless intentionally, there is no way he is living in a Council house, unless the rules have changed drastically since I worked in a Council. Ex serviceman can't get a Council house when they leave in there own areas, though they are trying to change that. Crawford would be afforded no priority, quite the opposite would apply.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

There was a Nottingham Post article where a local politician stated they had found housing for the Crawford's, which I assumed meant some temporary public housing. I can't seem to find the article at the moment but I strongly recall reading it.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Jeffrey wrote:There was a Nottingham Post article where a local politician stated they had found housing for the Crawford's, which I assumed meant some temporary public housing. I can't seem to find the article at the moment but I strongly recall reading it.
He didn't, he was politicing. He said that the council would give the Crawfords advice, presumably along the lines of because you made yourselves homeless our advice is don't bother trying to get on the council waiting list.
Councillor Henry Wheeler, portfolio holder for housing and wellbeing at Gedling Borough Council, said: "We've heard about Mr and Mrs Crawford's situation and we would like to make them aware that if they need any assistance with accommodation, we can help. We invite them to contact our housing team and we will assist them and find them somewhere to stay.
http://www.nottinghampost.com/Tom-Crawf ... story.html
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

Jeffrey wrote:There was a Nottingham Post article where a local politician stated they had found housing for the Crawford's, which I assumed meant some temporary public housing. I can't seem to find the article at the moment but I strongly recall reading it.
Not saying your wrong and given Tom being Tom he would probably have dragged his housing situation into the gutter and made a video of him and Sue bedding down for the night in a shop doorway, it may be he was offered some sort of respite to prevent such an occurrence, but it would only be a temporary solution, they simply do not have the housing stock anymore since Maggie had them all sold off and there are people in far more need than him. I thought they were living at the recently departed Nan's house anyway?
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
He didn't, he was politicing. He said that the council would give the Crawfords advice, presumably along the lines of because you made yourselves homeless our advice is don't bother trying to get on the council waiting list.
That would explain it, the good old we will give advice but not telling what that advice would be. Thanks for clearing that up.
NG3

Post by NG3 »

Skeleton wrote:...it would only be a temporary solution, they simply do not have the housing stock anymore since Maggie had them all sold off and there are people in far more need than him.
That's about right for this city, yes, and being homeless here isn't a bed of roses either as the councils budget to help those in housing need has been slashed by about 85% in the last two years to under £2 million.

I wonder what difference would have been made to that figure without tax payer's money being wasted on things like... the Crawfords?
BlueBurmese
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by BlueBurmese »

Skeleton wrote:I thought they were living at the recently departed Nan's house anyway?
Does anybody know...what evidence is there that:
1. They are living at dead nan's house; and,
2. Dead nan owned the house (and therefore it may be inherited by Sue)?

Just curious as I've seen these statements several times but haven't seen anything to back them up.

Cheers.
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

NG3 wrote:
Skeleton wrote:...it would only be a temporary solution, they simply do not have the housing stock anymore since Maggie had them all sold off and there are people in far more need than him.
That's about right for this city, yes, and being homeless here isn't a bed of roses either as the councils budget to help those in housing need has been slashed by about 85% in the last two years to under £2 million.

I wonder what difference would have been made to that figure without tax payer's money being wasted on things like... the Crawfords?
Good question and to be fair they ask it on Goofy land as well, why are we spending so much much tax payers money providing the Police etc to ensure evictions take place? Goofy land solution don't evict them, my solution, provided it can be proved your actions caused the Police to be present you get billed for it. Same as RAF rescue helicopters having to lift people off mountains because there wearing wellingtons to climb a Scottish Mountain in the middle of January, the tax payer foots that bill as well, great believer the system needs to change, apologies for the thread drift but dragging people off hills through their own stupidity does not come cheap.
longdog

Post by longdog »

But to be scrupulously fair who amongst us can honestly claim they have never had to be bailed out from a mess created by their own stupidity? I know I have.

One of the great things about modern civilisation is that we take care of our idiots. Even world class ones like the Crawfords.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
NG3

Post by NG3 »

longdog wrote:But to be scrupulously fair who amongst us can honestly claim they have never had to be bailed out from a mess created by their own stupidity? I know I have.
As have I, no man is infallible, although real men have the courage to own those mistakes and learn from them.
biglee
Swabby
Swabby

Post by biglee »

guilty wrote:Image
Umm second name on list is it possibly Ceylons buddy Kak ?
:shrug:
daltontrumbno
Captain
Captain

Post by daltontrumbno »

biglee wrote:
guilty wrote:Image
Umm second name on list is it possibly Ceylons buddy Kak ?
:shrug:
No just a coincidence KAKs real name is Richard Key.
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

daltontrumbno wrote:
No just a coincidence KAKs real name is Richard Key.
Your kidding? Baldy is called DickKey????1????
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

Colin123 wrote:The latest mutterings from Craig

I can't be in court to support our supporters as my shitty bail conditions won't allow it.. But I'll be there in spirit smile emoticon
Oh come on!!!1!!!! what have a few fraudulent court "bail conditions" imposed by a person pretending to be a judge got to do with you going to support your new found freetard friends after everything they have done for you, you miserable nob? They have given you support, free legal advice and tried to reclaim your dads house back. But you use the poor excuse that you cannot go because the authorities have prohibited you. You are a coward.? This is a poorer excuse than Ceylon saying he "was too tired to argue with the judge".
If you want to support them. Monday at the magistrates court is the place to be..
I thought it was crown? I want to go along to gloat but unfortunately I must go to work.But I will make myself available for the Ceylon trial. Sorry Craig it's the best I can do.Which is more than you.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

Jeffrey wrote:
one of the police says to him, we already have a place for you,
I believe that was a reference to them being offered council housing. Which someone had stated, there is a waiting list for, so that means Nottingham bumped other people off the government housing waiting list to let the Crawford's be housed based on the belief they might not have another place to live in.

Truly tyrannical.
I imagine it was more of a reference to a nice warm cell. Hopefully.
ArthurWankspittle

biglee wrote:Umm second name on list is it possibly Ceylons buddy Kak ? :shrug:
No he's the character known as "Tin".
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
biglee wrote:Umm second name on list is it possibly Ceylons buddy Kak ? :shrug:
No he's the character known as "Tin".
I think he meant the second on the list, Abdullah
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
At no point does Tom ever acknowledge that Sue stopped paying it.
There is the possibility that when Sue stopped paying she did not tell Tom. It might have been a few years later when he found out.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
Pox

Post by Pox »

NG3 wrote:
longdog wrote:But to be scrupulously fair who amongst us can honestly claim they have never had to be bailed out from a mess created by their own stupidity? I know I have.
As have I, no man is infallible, although real men have the courage to own those mistakes and learn from them.
Not me, haven't had to be bailed out of a mess, fingers crossed.
I would have sympathy for some, but depends on how and why they got into the mess in the first place.
ArthurWankspittle

rumpelstilzchen wrote:
ArthurWankspittle wrote:At no point does Tom ever acknowledge that Sue stopped paying it.
There is the possibility that when Sue stopped paying she did not tell Tom. It might have been a few years later when he found out.
A few years later would be twenty years ago! Over the last few years Tom has picked five different dates that he says the endowment ended on. Even if Sue didn't tell him for several years, his inconsistency says he's either got some mental problem or he's a liar.