So we IS thu' fules, then?

Post by YiamCross »

Ma, where's ma crayon box?

rumpelstilzchen
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: So we IS thu' fules, then?

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

There must be something missing in between. The letter sent by Lee of the Sullivan family is dated 15th October 2014. The reply is dated 4th August 2015.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:There must be something missing in between. The letter sent by Lee of the Sullivan family is dated 15th October 2014. The reply is dated 4th August 2015.
Probably just a lot more of the same "legal" gibberish until "Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Limited" were worn into submission.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:There must be something missing in between. The letter sent by Lee of the Sullivan family is dated 15th October 2014. The reply is dated 4th August 2015.
Damn. I hoped you wouldn't notice. I guess theres no chance you'll come to my new consultancy venture for advice now, is there?
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

It is a victory - that is all.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
fat frank

Post by fat frank »

its part of the 3 letter process for asking for proof of debts, basically the likes of lowells buy your debt then say you owe us, so when you say ok, please prove I owe you and you own the debt then, they claim that a notice says they own it and is good enough, but I asked lowells yesterday for there receipt if they bought the debt and they are mmmm, we will get back to you,
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

Skeleton wrote:It is a victory - that is all.
I must now go borrow lots of money, get a mortgage on the house, run up some big credit card bills and get a few loans.

Now I know their system works and is not just one of those odd cases where a company bought the debt for pennies in the pound and has decided after months and years of trying not to bother I can defeat the criminal banking system.

Onwards and upwards! Whatever happens it will be a wild few months. I'll send out the party invites soon!! Wheeeeee!
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

YiamCross wrote:
Skeleton wrote:It is a victory - that is all.
I must now go borrow lots of money, get a mortgage on the house, run up some big credit card bills and get a few loans.

Now I know their system works and is not just one of those odd cases where a company bought the debt for pennies in the pound and has decided after months and years of trying not to bother I can defeat the criminal banking system.

Onwards and upwards! Whatever happens it will be a wild few months. I'll send out the party invites soon!! Wheeeeee!
Ensure you send my invite to Australia, I have a WeRe bank cheque that ensures i could book a first class seat on a Qantas A380 to attend. Scratch that, I will use said WeRe bank cheque to buy an A380 instead and paint it in West Ham colours :)
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

I wonder how many of these "victories" stem from a reluctance to engage with someone who appears to be mentally ill?
obadiah
Pirate
Pirate

Post by obadiah »

I've always called that the PITA defense, being a Pain In The A**". Many times the other party just gets tired of dealing with it. I've always suspected that this is how most if not all of the FMOTL "victories occur.
1. There is a kind of law that I like, which are my own rules, which I call common law. It applies to me.
2. There are many other kinds of law but they don’t apply to me, because I say so."
LLAP
Pox

Post by Pox »

obadiah wrote:I've always called that the PITA defense, being a Pain In The A**". Many times the other party just gets tired of dealing with it. I've always suspected that this is how most if not all of the FMOTL "victories occur.
Yes, some companies make a commercial decision not to pursue.
I think the default still remains on the debtors file though.
When they realise this (usually when they apply for further credit and are refused) they then seek ways of having the default removed
This approach by the companies irritates me because those who do pay pick up the bill and the debtors feel that they can call it a victory as the debt is not being chased. It's not a victory in real terms, but this doesn't stop the propaganda from the GOOFERS.
A commercial decision not to pursue will only be made for relatively small amounts of debt though but the idiots think that it's one rule for all and try it on for larger amounts.
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

YiamCross wrote:I wonder how many of these "victories" stem from a reluctance to engage with someone who appears to be mentally ill?
I would say it is more to do with a reluctance to engage with someone who hasn't got a pot to piss in.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:
YiamCross wrote:I wonder how many of these "victories" stem from a reluctance to engage with someone who appears to be mentally ill?
I would say it is more to do with a reluctance to engage with someone who hasn't got a pot to piss in.

There is a cost involved in recovering that debt. When that cost exceeds the amount projected to recover, it may be better to cut losses and write it off. If a person stated to play the fmtl game, and they really have no assets, then dropping it ideas there best answer. As we didn't see what came between these letters, we don't know what else he told them. However, I would think this would show on his credit report, if he really cares
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.