Land Council Trust mad AND bad?

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

NG3
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Land Council Trust mad AND bad?

Post by NG3 »

longdog wrote: I have a friend who was a national grid 'hot work' man and I've also seen neighbours, who weren't that bright, try to get free power and I can state categorically that anybody who f**ks with their meter will come a cropper sooner rather than later.
Growing up on the estates I saw plenty of attempts (including a fatality), and the longest runs were 3 months (quarterly), most never got that far.

Most ended up on pre-pay at the highest tariff (thieves, like beggars, can't be chooser's), and prosecuted for their troubles.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

This of course would not happen to the land council bunnies. They do no harm and would never cause injury to person or property. What could possibly go wrong with getting a gas safe or qualified electrical technician in to install their own quality assured meter? Surely for £30 they'd get a nice shiny new gas or electric meter all safety checked and in full working order. Not something off the dump where they chuck the old stuff that's been retired.

I've been watching Wesley Ahmed bang on about how he hasn't paid the gas for 4 years and they can't touch him. Somehow I find that hard to believe. That's the trouble with these people, they tell lies so much I wonder if they don't eventually believe them. Elisabeth Nolson has already been assessed by a mental health practicioner who, I can only assume, has not yet found her to be a danger to herself or others. That can't last if she starts propogating this kind of crap.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Elisabeth Nolson wrote: Step by step guide to having meters removed
1 ) choose new meter
2 ) buy new meter
3 ) arrange for new engineer to fix new meter
4 ) ring up the corporate thief who has current meter trespassing in or on your property
5 ) serve notice to corporation with terms and conditions of continued storage
6 ) company removes meter ignores your nonsense "notice"
7 ) your engineer replaces new one commits criminal offence by tampering with meter
8 ) corporation very quickly finds out what you've done, and investigates the fraud
9 ) you are put onto pre-pay tariff, or cut off altogether. VICTORY!1!1!!!
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

Bully Boy Ahmed is definitely behind or they would not be trying to rip his front door off it's hinges, i agree though its nothing like 4 years.

His Gas company must know because of the "woo" style letter's and bills he returns, that he is going to fight them to the last for every pound he gives them. I simply do not get therefore why they do not just turn his gas off, surely their is a way of doing so without having to get into his property?
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

I can only assume he must pay up every now and again to keep them from cutting him off. Maybe he has kids and they aren't allowed to cut him off. Judging from what I've seen he looks like some kind of mental case so he might very well be classified as a vulnerable person himeself. I really don't know but I am pretty confident that if he were that far behind he would have been cut off by now.

I imagine there must be a point beyond which he will be cut off anyway if he doesn't allow a prepay meter to be installed whatever the situation. Or they'll just come back with a bigger hammer and smash the door down. As we saw with the Crawfords, it can take a frustratingly long time for them to get the situation under control but it does happen eventually. Every time.
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

YiamCross wrote:I can only assume he must pay up every now and again to keep them from cutting him off. Maybe he has kids and they aren't allowed to cut him off. Judging from what I've seen he looks like some kind of mental case so he might very well be classified as a vulnerable person himeself. I really don't know but I am pretty confident that if he were that far behind he would have been cut off by now.

I imagine there must be a point beyond which he will be cut off anyway if he doesn't allow a prepay meter to be installed whatever the situation. Or they'll just come back with a bigger hammer and smash the door down. As we saw with the Crawfords, it can take a frustratingly long time for them to get the situation under control but it does happen eventually. Every time.
These people are fools to the last. I was talking to one chap who claimed he had wiped his electric bill by "allowing" them to fit a pre-paid meter. I mentioned he would have noticed how expensive electric was, he agreed and then was most put out when I pointed out his electric was certainly more expensive as every time he put money on his meter part of that was going toward paying off his debt. I assume Gas meters claw back the unpaid amount in the same way.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
longdog

Post by longdog »

Skeleton wrote:I assume Gas meters claw back the unpaid amount in the same way.
They do.

If you owe money the prepayment meter will give you 30p worth of gas per £1 put on the key / card with the other 70p going towards paying off the debt.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

NG3 wrote:Growing up on the estates I saw plenty of attempts (including a fatality), and the longest runs were 3 months (quarterly), most never got that far.

Most ended up on pre-pay at the highest tariff (thieves, like beggars, can't be chooser's), and prosecuted for their troubles.
This ^. The instance I was personally involved in, an engineer from the electricity came round and snip snap click he's got a meter in his hands. Tenant shoots out of door: "What's happening to my electric?" "You've been fiddling the meter" Gives him card "Phone this number to sort it out". Basically, you get a pre-payment meter with a f***load of debt on it if you are lucky. If you are unlucky, they want a deposit. If you are really unlucky, you will be in the magistrates court soon.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

YiamCross wrote:Maybe he has kids and they aren't allowed to cut him off. Judging from what I've seen he looks like some kind of mental case so he might very well be classified as a vulnerable person himeself. I really don't know but I am pretty confident that if he were that far behind he would have been cut off by now.
Again, I haven't looked it up but I think the law changed in the last few decades such that the utility companies can no longer cut off power and water just because a household hasn't paid their bill. In exchange for this, they have the right to fit pre-payment meters. I was close: https://www.nationaldebtline.org/EW/ste ... _3_08.aspx#
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

NYGman wrote:
rumpelstilzchen wrote:I don't understand their line of thought. What is the purpose of the replacement meter? Once an electricity supplier has removed their meter why would you put another meter in its place? Surely you would just connect the wires directly with jumpers. Why would they want to measure how much electricity they are stealing? It's not as if anyone is going to read the meter
Aparently, Jon Shackleton wanted to remind everyone that
Be honourable at all times. Take a reading and send it to the national grid every 6 months. Just to inform them politely how much of your resources you've used
Nice of you to let them know how much you are stealing.
Ah right. An honourable thief tells their victim exactly how much they have stolen.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
Dai Kiwi
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Dai Kiwi »

longdog wrote:
Skeleton wrote:I assume Gas meters claw back the unpaid amount in the same way.
They do.

If you owe money the prepayment meter will give you 30p worth of gas per £1 put on the key / card with the other 70p going towards paying off the debt.
Sort of (in the UK). The supplier programs a weekly amount to be paid off the debt - e.g. £5. You get 30p/£ until that amount has been paid in that week - e.g. put £5 in, get £1.50, put £10 in an hour later, get £8.50.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Whatever happened to putting a bag of salt on top of the meter?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

longdog wrote: If you owe money the prepayment meter will give you 30p worth of gas per £1 put on the key / card with the other 70p going towards paying off the debt.
Wish someone had said this sooner, now this topic makes a lot more sense to me. So they're not only mad that the meter means they only have gas if they pay for it but they get less gas per dollar to pay off the unpaid gas? And gas is for heating and cooking?

I've never lived anywhere with gas lines hooked up. How do they handle non-payment for gas in the states. Stealing electricity is notoriously popular and un-policed in my area.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

Jeffrey wrote:...So they're not only mad that the meter means they only have gas if they pay for it but they get less gas per dollar to pay off the unpaid gas? And gas is for heating and cooking?

I've never lived anywhere with gas lines hooked up. How do they handle non-payment for gas in the states. Stealing electricity is notoriously popular and un-policed in my area.
Seems like a very humane way to deal with persistent non payers and those incapable of managing their finances. I know several people who have prepay meters and they like them. No nasty surprises in the mail every quarter, they also manage their energy consumption very tightly. I wonder if it might not be a good idea for all of us to go down that route, it could have quite a significant impact on carbon emissions if we are all made aware of just how much energy we are using as we use it rather than months later.

Sadly smart pre-pay meters are reputed to have some unfortunate and unpleasant side effects as they supposedly emit death rays which kill house plants and some more sensitive people. I'm sure this is just a minor problem which will be fixed in the next software update. Or it could be part of the Agenda 21 bid to reduce world population levels.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
YiamCross wrote:Maybe he has kids and they aren't allowed to cut him off. Judging from what I've seen he looks like some kind of mental case so he might very well be classified as a vulnerable person himeself. I really don't know but I am pretty confident that if he were that far behind he would have been cut off by now.
Again, I haven't looked it up but I think the law changed in the last few decades such that the utility companies can no longer cut off power and water just because a household hasn't paid their bill. In exchange for this, they have the right to fit pre-payment meters. I was close: https://www.nationaldebtline.org/EW/ste ... _3_08.aspx#
They've never been able to disconnect water, Section 143 of the Water Industry Act 1991, (which all the woo wooer can quote to you verbatim) just happens to sit right next to Section 144 - Liability of Occupiers for Charges, none of them seem to 'get' that section. Oh the irony !! :shrug:
longdog

Post by longdog »

YiamCross wrote:
Jeffrey wrote: I know several people who have prepay meters and they like them. No nasty surprises in the mail every quarter, they also manage their energy consumption very tightly
I have PP meters for gas and electricity and prefer them but then I'm notoriously bad with money.

It would be nice if the energy wasn't more expensive than credit meters but meh...
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

longdog wrote: I have PP meters for gas and electricity and prefer them but then I'm notoriously bad with money.

It would be nice if the energy wasn't more expensive than credit meters but meh...
how do you get on with the death rays? Maybe it affects some people more than others.
Debbie Sherwood Kevin De Cort We have written to the MD saying under Common Law he is committing crimes against the people. As from 11 June he is being charged £500 a day for causing Loss, Harm and Injury to my grandaughter, she has become very neurotic, nervous and distressed since these have been installed, she has tried to put covers over them to try to stop the radiation, also her house plants have all died. You make it sound easy we are not experts, we don't know what else to do, this is why we are trying to get help, even the Ombudsman would not get involved. We desperately need these meters removing and we will pay to have this done!
I imagine the higher price of eneregy is a pisser but I thought that once the arrears are paid you can shop around like anyone else. I'd have thought prepay meter customers are higly desireable as they pay cash on the nose rather than in arrears which is an attractive proposition for any business.
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

YiamCross wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:...So they're not only mad that the meter means they only have gas if they pay for it but they get less gas per dollar to pay off the unpaid gas? And gas is for heating and cooking?

Seems like a very humane way to deal with persistent non payers and those incapable of managing their finances. I know several people who have prepay meters and they like them. No nasty surprises in the mail every quarter, they also manage their energy consumption very tightly. I wonder if it might not be a good idea for all of us to go down that route, it could have quite a significant impact on carbon emissions if we are all made aware of just how much energy we are using as we use it rather than months later.

Sadly smart pre-pay meters are reputed to have some unfortunate and unpleasant side effects as they supposedly emit death rays which kill house plants and some more sensitive people. I'm sure this is just a minor problem which will be fixed in the next software update. Or it could be part of the Agenda 21 bid to reduce world population levels.
Landlords love pre-paid meters and rightly so. I rent out 3 flats and all 3 have pre pay electric meters, never had a problem, now if someone could invent a Council Tax pre- pay meter i would appreciate it. In fact i did, the rent includes their Council Tax, i pay it but they are the ones liable, yes their rent is higher, no like, find a different landlord. I have never had an an empty flat.
FatGambit

Post by FatGambit »

We have pre-pay metes too, and with our supplier the rate is the same whichever way you pay, no standing charge and presently, the rates are better than what my dad gets with Eon, it's great, stick £10 on once a week, if it get's low before it should numerous electrical items are unplugged until the next top up, no nasty bills or frights. When we moved it there was a 'credit meter' and I phoned up and insisted they come and fit a pre-payment one, they were so happy they didn't charge me for it either lol.

I won't have a smart meter, but that has nothing to do with the death rays, the whole concept and sales pitch of them is rotten to the core, they'll have to step over my cold dead body before one of those things is installed.
Pox

Post by Pox »

FatGambit wrote:
I won't have a smart meter, but that has nothing to do with the death rays, the whole concept and sales pitch of them is rotten to the core, they'll have to step over my cold dead body before one of those things is installed.
Just out of interest, what have you got against smart meters?
A friend has one one quite likes it.
Mind you, he has PV panels on his roof and likes looking at the meter when he has appliances switched on, but his usage is zero because of the input of the panels.
Other than this, I can't see the point of them but I am interested to learn what you think is 'rotten to the core'