Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

vampireLOREN
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: ROY the Greenhat ( My Hero)

Post by vampireLOREN »

Joinder wrote:
vampireLOREN wrote:
Normal Wisdom wrote:I thought Roy said in one of his videos that despite the medical certificate, the court refused to reschedule. In any case the thing with Roy is that he always has an excuse for not cooperating; he has a medical certificate, his wife is just out of hospital, he hasn't got a phone, he can't write etc. etc. etc.

I know some people here find Roy entertaining and even endearing. I'm not one of them
Norm, I am as always a fan of your work and we all are different , I for instance do not share your pleasure in the efforts of Kak and Mak :( its what makes the world turn around :wink: .
Call me a silly old pedant if you wish, but people taking pleasure in different things does NOT make the world "turn around", that's done by Him, upstairs.
Well you would say that, I still cannot knock on a strangers door without getting taken for a bald headed bailiff.
You on the other hand can boldly approach the same door holding your WATCHTOWER magazine in your hot sweaty hand.
If people from Poland are called Poles Why are aren't people from Holland called Holes?
Joinder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by Joinder »

Normal Wisdom wrote:I thought Roy said in one of his videos that despite the medical certificate, the court refused to reschedule. In any case the thing with Roy is that he always has an excuse for not cooperating; he has a medical certificate, his wife is just out of hospital, he hasn't got a phone, he can't write etc. etc. etc.

I know some people here find Roy entertaining and even endearing. I'm not one of them
Norm, I grant you that your work is extremely entertaining, but you can't deny that Roy's accent, accompanied by a cacophony of sniffing isn't entertainment of the highest order?
He never fails to make me laugh, his "lost shoes" video was a corker.
You should have seen some of his earlier work, he actually made a video because he sold something to someone and couldn't remember who it was, it wasn't even anyone on YouTube, he just put a call out hoping that the person might accidentally stumble across the video and get in touch with him !
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

vampireLOREN wrote:

Norm, I am as always a fan of your work and we all are different , I for instance do not share your pleasure in the efforts of Kak and Mak :( its what makes the world turn around :wink: .
I just find him more irritating than humorous but I am not for a second saying that you are wrong to appreciate his very particular and peculiar qualities. I do think that he has the best pronunciation of "YouTube" on ... er ... YouTube.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
IDIOT

Post by IDIOT »

Normal Wisdom wrote:

To me the entertainment value Roy provides is akin to the way the best comedians became successful. It's all in the delivery so they say.

I've known of Roy since long before I joined Q and always disregarded him as someone that just wants the trouble he creates in order to get YouTube views so never really took much notice of him other than through the odd YouTube viewing. Have to thank VL for really highlighting him so I paid more attention because Roy is saint for providing such brilliant entertainment. Sure his handling of a broken mobile phone doesn't exactly make documentary grade viewing material but if you can see through that and listen to what he's actually saying/shouting do you know what he may well just have a point to his quests.

What you see in his videos is what he's actually like in real life. I met him briefly in Nottingham at the Crawford hearing next to the canal and he was straight into me with "my latest video mate, I smashed 'em". I was like 'Hi Roy, how's it going' and he was gone across the bridge only to shout the same at the next person he recognized from YouTube land as if everyone there that day should have been viewing his videos the day before and respect him for his efforts.

He's so unaware of himself it's untrue but he means well in his own mind. He's got himself down as a fighter for social justice as if everyone could be subjected to the same 'mistreatment' by the authorities as he subjects himself to. As I've said before quite why he attracts some of the attention upon himself as he does is beyond me and if he ever does get a win even if his deliver is a piss poor as it is then he deserves his few minutes of fame for his efforts and for entertaining us.

Thanks again to VL for the reminder about this guy.
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

Joinder wrote:

Norm, I grant you that your work is extremely entertaining, but you can't deny that Roy's accent, accompanied by a cacophony of sniffing isn't entertainment of the highest order?
He never fails to make me laugh, his "lost shoes" video was a corker.
You should have seen some of his earlier work, he actually made a video because he sold something to someone and couldn't remember who it was, it wasn't even anyone on YouTube, he just put a call out hoping that the person might accidentally stumble across the video and get in touch with him !
I remember that!!!!!1!!! it was his Hang Glider and he wanted it back. I had a visual of him sailing blissfully across the moors.
If people from Poland are called Poles Why are aren't people from Holland called Holes?
Joinder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by Joinder »

vampireloren.... Yes !!....that was it !!....he sold a hanglider but couldn't remember who to, so he made a YouTube video in the hope that the person would somehow see it and get in touch with him
He had a very mournful expression if I remember, I think that's when I started my lifelong obsession with him .
Joinder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by Joinder »

I like "IDIOT"'s assessment of sniffer Roy. I actually like him, I think he's got a good heart and means well, although he sometimes goes about it the wrong way.
I understand he's had problems in his life in the past, but he seems to have come through it.
He even promised to throw a big free party for everyone when he wins, that's the generosity of the guy.
schismatrix
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by schismatrix »

It appears our Roy has decided to start the lengthy process of completely ruining his life, one deduction at a time; for the big reveal jump to 2:02

and part the second, in which our hero appears confused as to why he should use money, given to him by the government and council to live on, to actually live on.
IDIOT

Post by IDIOT »

Thanks for the updates. I thought he'd buggered of to the Maldives on his compo as we hadn't hear from him of late.
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

schismatrix wrote:It appears our Roy has decided to start the lengthy process of completely ruining his life, one deduction at a time; for the big reveal jump to 2:02

and part the second, in which our hero appears confused as to why he should use money, given to him by the government and council to live on, to actually live on.
What a fool, I hope someone talks some sense into him before he loses his home because of those damn cheques.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Skeleton wrote:
schismatrix wrote:It appears our Roy has decided to start the lengthy process of completely ruining his life, one deduction at a time; for the big reveal jump to 2:02

What a fool, I hope someone talks some sense into him before he loses his home because of those damn cheques.
Was that a WeRe Bank check?

BTW, what accent is Roy speaking?

Eye, kin 'ardly unnerstaind de' ole bouy!
Last edited by arayder on Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
schismatrix
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by schismatrix »

arayder wrote:Was that a WeRe Bank check?
It certainly appears to be one.
BTW, what accent is Roy is speaking?
Roy's own snuffly version of a Yorkshire dialect.
IDIOT

Post by IDIOT »

schismatrix wrote:
If you pause it at the right moment when he waves it quickly in front of the camera you can ut's got loads of text on the back and what looks like WeRe logo top left.

Latest update here where he's looking like Michael Stipe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjLKv8E9rKA and asking people for advice as to wether he should arrest the judge or not.
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

IDIOT wrote:
schismatrix wrote:
If you pause it at the right moment when he waves it quickly in front of the camera you can ut's got loads of text on the back and what looks like WeRe logo top left.

Latest update here where he's looking like Michael Stipe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjLKv8E9rKA and asking people for advice as to wether he should arrest the judge or not.
What's the odds Roy got it from someone with a lot of names
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

IDIOT wrote: If you pause it at the right moment when he waves it quickly in front of the camera you can ut's got loads of text on the back and what looks like WeRe logo top left.
Yes, it's a werecheque. Made out to HMCTS for £417.75. Also interesting that it's dated 15th July 2015. I suspect this is costs and fines arising from Roy Jnr's Referral Order.

"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
schismatrix
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by schismatrix »

IDIOT wrote:Latest update here where he's looking like Michael Stipe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjLKv8E9rKA and asking people for advice as to wether he should arrest the judge or not.
"This video has been removed by the user."
Joinder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by Joinder »

Hey, he's kept quiet about WeRe cheques, can't remember him mentioning them at all, and there he was all along with em ready for an emergency. I wonder if this is his first attempt ?
IDIOT

Post by IDIOT »

schismatrix wrote:
IDIOT wrote:Latest update here where he's looking like Michael Stipe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjLKv8E9rKA and asking people for advice as to wether he should arrest the judge or not.
Never mind. I got a copy sat on my pc :)
Joinder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by Joinder »

IDIOT wrote:
schismatrix wrote:
Never mind. I got a copy sat on my pc :)
You are taking lessons on his presentational skills I take it ? :snicker:
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

I am really concerned, Roy has posted the first video in his Blog.
Good news is that he has new boots and is all'reet.
He does appear to be in a war zone....maybe Syria ? who knows
what a trooper!
https://youtu.be/T2f2qb1xax8