ROY the Greenhat ( My Hero)

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

vampireLOREN
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: ROY the Greenhat ( My Hero)

Post by vampireLOREN »

hardcopy wrote:I actually like Roy , he's had a difficult life and lost his truck driving job over some go Kart offence of all things.
And he is usually pretty harmless , he seems a gentle soul and once this latest thing is settled I hope he keeps out of harms way and doesn't go seeking confrontation with the authorities and police.
I like Roy too, but.......that does'nt mean he is not Arseholy. :haha:
If people from Poland are called Poles Why are aren't people from Holland called Holes?
schismatrix
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by schismatrix »

vampireLOREN wrote:With his renewed productions Roy is actually spoiling us :thinking:

https://youtu.be/p2jH8a5_HZQ
Now removed by user. There is another new video but I don't know if it's the same.
hardcopy

Post by hardcopy »

schismatrix wrote:
vampireLOREN wrote:With his renewed productions Roy is actually spoiling us :thinking:

https://youtu.be/p2jH8a5_HZQ
Now removed by user. There is another new video but I don't know if it's the same.
No, its gone, it was a quad bike affair, filmed in Roy's new avant garde manner with the camera pointing at the floor.
IDIOT

Post by IDIOT »

After all the grief he's brought upon himself in the past, by this I mean wins of course, he deserves a ton of cash from the cops.

Sweepstake on how much compo he will get?
Pox

Post by Pox »

hardcopy wrote:once this latest thing is settled I hope he keeps out of harms way and doesn't go seeking confrontation with the authorities and police.
He won't 'keep out of harms way' and will continue to seek 'confrontation with the authorities and the police', trust me.

As to why he seeks such confrontation, who knows (and some may say, who cares?)

I think he is harmless and will continue to be so unless the Hainings of this world get hold of him.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

Pox wrote:
IDIOT wrote:Can't see this one going too well for him https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4d1ArcjOVo

He's asking for help in arresting a judge. Roger Hayes up for this one?
He is asking for help. 84 views and no offers. Only comment says, you don't need help, just go for it.

All for one and one for all?
Arrest a Judge, has no one suggested he contact Neela ? I don't think she's arrested a Judge or had someone try to murder her in at least a week, it could be a match made in heaven !! :snicker:
hardcopy

Post by hardcopy »

Knowing Roy he will arrest the judge BEFORE he gets his compo and balls the whole thing up.
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

Good! the games a foot, stiffen the sinuous bits....Cry God for ROY, England and Stupidity!
https://youtu.be/D0cltbAqa0s?t=1s
If people from Poland are called Poles Why are aren't people from Holland called Holes?
IDIOT

Post by IDIOT »

Roy appears to need some kind of unnecessary drama in his life...
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

IDIOT wrote:Roy appears to need some kind of unnecessary drama in his life...
I think he's going to get it. He'll get arrested for a breach of the peace or similar and the council will get a court order to keep out at the same time. He'll either shut up and go and harass someone else or get arrested and jailed for contempt.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
IDIOT

Post by IDIOT »

That jimmy guy from GOOFY is encouraging Roy to video record in the places has he has been warned not to and offers Roy the 'spy' equipment to do it.

See comments in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0cltbA ... tu.be&t=1s

Don't do it Roy is my advice.
Skeleton1
Tourist to Quatloosia
Tourist to Quatloosia

Post by Skeleton1 »

hardcopy wrote:I actually like Roy , he's had a difficult life and lost his truck driving job over some go Kart offence of all things.
And he is usually pretty harmless , he seems a gentle soul and once this latest thing is settled I hope he keeps out of harms way and doesn't go seeking confrontation with the authorities and police.
Sorry to disappoint you but he found 2 PCSO's to torment, they knew who he was me thinks so they largely ignored him, that got right up his nose. I agree in the main he appears to be a harmless sad old fool, but he can turn unpleasant very quickly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2IfJuwM3SQ
Last edited by Skeleton1 on Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joinder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by Joinder »

Skeleton1 wrote:
Sorry to disappoint you but he found 2 PCSO's to torment, they knew who he was me thinks so they largely ignored him, that got right up his nose. I agree in the main he appears to be a harmless sad old fool, but he can turn unpleasant very quickly.
He was great in that video, sniffing and snuffling away and coming out with a barrage of road traffic violations.
I particularly like the way he called himself a "taxpayer"
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
I think he's going to get it. He'll get arrested for a breach of the peace or similar and the council will get a court order to keep out at the same time. He'll either shut up and go and harass someone else or get arrested and jailed for contempt.
Not trying to defend his general attitude, but in this particular instance I think the council youth offending are resorting to nonsensical legal threats. They accuse him of harassment, claim he's committing an offence by recording phone calls or meetings with their staff, etc. They claim he needs their permission to do this, and demand that the youtube posts are taken down. Blustering and misleading tone, which of course just encourages him.

PS - He sounds like John Merrick.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Hercule Parrot wrote:
ArthurWankspittle wrote:
Not trying to defend his general attitude, but in this particular instance I think the council youth offending are resorting to nonsensical legal threats. They accuse him of harassment, claim he's committing an offence by recording phone calls or meetings with their staff, etc. They claim he needs their permission to do this, and demand that the youtube posts are taken down. Blustering and misleading tone, which of course just encourages him.

PS - He sounds like John Merrick.
I don't know how it is in the UK, but in the US, it depends on the state. Some states allow you to record if one party (you) are aware of the recording, other states require both parties are informed. It could be he is recording without consent, which could be the problem, as the persons he is recording are identifiable, and are not in a public space. Again, don't know UK law on this, and not an expert in the area here in the US either, as I am just a tax guy who came here for the Tax Protestors/promoters, and got drawn in by these FMOTL types. [Although I do see some crossover, while TP's are not always FMOTL types, it seems most FMOTL are TP Types].

Edit: I will note on some of John Dow's early vids, he said to the person on the phone he is recording, and was told the discussion would not continue, as it would be a breach of the DPA. Not sure why that would be though, as the DPA is to protect your data, and if you are willing to waive that, and disclose your private information to the public, yo may be an idiot, but I don't see why you couldn't. Again, not an expert on UK law, and their Data Protection Act.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

NYGman, i would suspect that the DPA is probably on point here, it is one of the most confusing laws I have ever run in to, and I do know from personal experience that it makes getting what would be a simple information request here a major pain in the behind in the UK, and I would be willing to bet that phone conversations are equally covered regardless of who is making then.

I can't say I have any sympathy for Roy at all, as I suspect that he is abusive and obnoxious in the pursuit of whatever truth he, he thinks, he is chasing at the time, to the exclusion of all else, and that will get you, and rightly so, tossed in jail.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
longdog

Post by longdog »

NYGman wrote:I don't know how it is in the UK, but in the US, it depends on the state. Some states allow you to record if one party (you) are aware of the recording, other states require both parties are informed. It could be he is recording without consent, which could be the problem, as the persons he is recording are identifiable, and are not in a public space. Again, don't know UK law on this, and not an expert in the area here in the US either, as I am just a tax guy who came here for the Tax Protestors/promoters, and got drawn in by these FMOTL types. [Although I do see some crossover, while TP's are not always FMOTL types, it seems most FMOTL are TP Types].

Edit: I will note on some of John Dow's early vids, he said to the person on the phone he is recording, and was told the discussion would not continue, as it would be a breach of the DPA. Not sure why that would be though, as the DPA is to protect your data, and if you are willing to waive that, and disclose your private information to the public, yo may be an idiot, but I don't see why you couldn't. Again, not an expert on UK law, and their Data Protection Act.
In the UK it is perfectly legal for a private individual to record a telephone conversation as long as at least one party to the call consents which means recording your own conversations is by definition legal (as you logically must be consenting to your own actions) and you are under no obligation whatsoever to even notify the other party.

The Data Protection Act does not regulate the activities of private individuals so it, again, does not apply although it's far from uncommon for call-centre monkeys to claim that it does.

The actual publication of recordings, such as on YouToob and suck like could conceivably lead to a civil claim but the other party would have to be able to prove there was some form of loss.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
longdog

Post by longdog »

notorial dissent wrote:NYGman, i would suspect that the DPA is probably on point here, it is one of the most confusing laws I have ever run in to, and I do know from personal experience that it makes getting what would be a simple information request here a major pain in the behind in the UK, and I would be willing to bet that phone conversations are equally covered regardless of who is making then.

Nope... "Section 36 – Domestic purposes. Processing by an individual only for the purposes of that individual's personal, family or household affairs is exempt from all the data protection principles, as well as Part II (subject access rights) and Part III (notification)."

I can't say I have any sympathy for Roy at all, as I suspect that he is abusive and obnoxious in the pursuit of whatever truth he, he thinks, he is chasing at the time, to the exclusion of all else, and that will get you, and rightly so, tossed in jail.
Agreed 100%
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

My misunderstanding then, based on what I was told, obviously by someone who didn't know. Still, if they don't want the calls recorded, their call, literally.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

longdog wrote:
NYGman wrote:I don't know how it is in the UK, but in the US, it depends on the state. Some states allow you to record if one party (you) are aware of the recording, other states require both parties are informed. It could be he is recording without consent, which could be the problem, as the persons he is recording are identifiable, and are not in a public space. Again, don't know UK law on this, and not an expert in the area here in the US either, as I am just a tax guy who came here for the Tax Protestors/promoters, and got drawn in by these FMOTL types. [Although I do see some crossover, while TP's are not always FMOTL types, it seems most FMOTL are TP Types].

In the UK it is perfectly legal for a private individual to record a telephone conversation as long as at least one party to the call consents which means recording your own conversations is by definition legal (as you logically must be consenting to your own actions) and you are under no obligation whatsoever to even notify the other party.

The Data Protection Act does not regulate the activities of private individuals so it, again, does not apply although it's far from uncommon for call-centre monkeys to claim that it does.

The actual publication of recordings, such as on YouToob and suck like could conceivably lead to a civil claim but the other party would have to be able to prove there was some form of loss.
Good info, thanks. I get to deal with Irish DPA and Luxemburg Privacy laws, more than the UK DPA, although tangentially I did have an issue with UK DPA with respect to storage of Personally Identifiable information outside the EU, my exposure to DPA is more about true Data Storage of information that would cause issues, rather than phone calls, and individual rights. For me, it is more about protecting private information. I deal a lot with/and am an SME for FATCA/CDOT and now CRS [If you don't know those acronyms, probably best to look it up, or send me a PM, would be happy to explain] as we do get Names, Addresses, TIN/NHN, DOB, Country of Birth, Tax Domicile, and the storage of this data is covered by the DPA.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.