Shaun "where's my ride" Cassidy

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

exiledscouser
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Shaun "where's my ride" Cassidy

Post by exiledscouser »

Well that's just excellent, crystal clear, should be able to knock one together in a spare hour or two. Or should I say knock one out as there appears to be a spurious and unnecessary set of - erm - gentleman's vegetables looming in from the left of the 'blue' print (geddit?).

Knob-tastic bit of kit then though I seriously doubt the addition of my or anyone else's crown jewels to the final assembly will impress Tesla's ghost.
Pox

Post by Pox »

longdog wrote:
Forsyth wrote: There's also a helpful video to explain how it works:q

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10208475870162659
ill do another one when its working.
I won't be holding my breath :snicker:
Nor me!

Why does he adopt such a fake accent?
Is it because he is a 'STUDYIER' of law?

Keep 'STUDYRING / STUDYERING ' son, you will get there in the end :brickwall:
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

I clicked at a random part of the video.
"I was looking at the toaster & how it heats & how it disapitates[sic] as well"

Obviously didn't do physics in school.
Pox

Post by Pox »

hucknallred wrote:I clicked at a random part of the video.

I appreciate that there isn't much on the TV these days, but to look at the toaster - jeez - why not just read a book?

Edit : reading may not be one of his skills.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

Pox wrote:
hucknallred wrote:I clicked at a random part of the video.

I appreciate that there isn't much on the TV these days, but to look at the toaster - jeez - why not just read a book?

Edit : reading may not be one of his skills.
From what I can gather he's going to put a mini toaster in a sealed container with some fans.

I'm a big fan of Mythbusters, & they tested a myth involving a water boiler that had all it's safety sealed off & shot through the roof of a house like a rocket.

So they decided to test it out, take one sealed container, keep adding energy (electricity in this case) & see what happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbreKn4PoAc
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

SteveUK wrote:Yes, you'll be glad to know we are now onto the new and improved version 2 Tesla bullshit generator:

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1 ... 127&type=3

It really looks like something Wile E Coyote would be seen clutching as he tried to get that dastardly road runner.

The Tesla scam is a great one- it really does pull in the lowest mentally capable suckers of all.

it's just a penis pointing at a coffee cup spilling an unrolled condom.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

SteveUK wrote:Yes, you'll be glad to know we are now onto the new and improved version 2 Tesla bullshit generator:

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1 ... 127&type=3

It really looks like something Wile E Coyote would be seen clutching as he tried to get that dastardly road runner.

The Tesla scam is a great one- it really does pull in the lowest mentally capable suckers of all.
Actually, as Tesla free energy system designs go, it's a pretty damned good blueprint. I see PRODUCTION IS UNDERWAY, can't wait for it to get into my local Argos. Maybe a candidate for Kickstart? Get your WeRe cheques ready, guys.
IDIOT

Post by IDIOT »

The toaster based prototype will cost you...
Shaun Cassidy approx 150/250 per heat unit. no selling to bankers, rich people will be charged 300/500 per unit, one third goes to homeless, the very destitute will receive heaters free, paid by another third of the triple charge to rich clients. anyone in gov will not be allowed one.
Bloke's priceless.
morrand

Post by morrand »

I'm still trying to figure out just what he's proposing to build. It'll have filters on it, that much I can tell from the video, but beyond that it's all kind of a mystery.

He sounds like he's got a cold (lets off a whopper of a cough at about 6:50). Perhaps he should cut back on the cold medicines a bit before trying to develop this invention.
---
Morrand
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

From what I can see it seems that he plans to have it be powered by the heat it generates through the power. This won't work because of science. In fact unlike most 'free energy' machines/inventions, it doesn't even have very much credible sounding woo behind it.

For all the fawning over Tesla, and he was in many ways a genius well ahead of his time, he was also a complete loon who ended his days involved in what he considered to be a perfectly credible romantic relationship with a New York Pigeon. I suspect that this is an invention that is closer to Tesla's pigeon fancying days than his sane and productive years of genius.
Warning may contain traces of nut
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

morrand wrote:I'm still trying to figure out just what he's proposing to build. It'll have filters on it, that much I can tell from the video, but beyond that it's all kind of a mystery....
Not just filters but tea bag filters. In a hot box, no less. Clean air out via tea bag filters, maybe it will make tea in the morning too. I miss the old teasmaid. Or maybe it will just catch fire. I know which one my money is on. Can't wait for the prototype.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

I think when he 'fires' it up for first time, Shaun will experience a 'blaze' of glory.....

Boom boom
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

In the video Shaun proudly shows us that he's already well on the way to building all the necessary components.

To vent the tremendous heat the device will generate for free he's already got a nice exhaust tube.

He tells us it's made from the Cardboard inner from a roll of foil wrapped tightly with PVC tape, a nice fetching red.

I was alway taught heat + fuel + oxygen = fire.

On balance I think the Mk 1 version won't be a total success but don't let a bonfire or two in your flat put you off Shaun lad. I'll be the first one to "toaster" your breakthrough when it inevitably comes.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

exiledscouser wrote:He tells us it's made from the Cardboard inner from a roll of foil wrapped tightly with PVC tape, a nice fetching red.
Obviously, a belated attempt for a Blue Peter badge !!
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

We do have free energy today, after the initial outlay that is. For example:

Solar cells, solar towers, solar chargers - Once purchased and installed, they will continue to capture light, and generate energy far beyond the energy that it took to construct.

Geothermal Energy generation - Probably not the domain of the average person, but using the earths core, and the heat it generates, to boil water, and make electricity through steam (Like Nuclear) can produce more electricity than it takes to run, as well as pay for its self over time

Hydroelectric - Both using running water/damn to create more energy than it takes to run, high cost both monetarily and environmental make this less than a perfect solution, but it does make "free" energy.

Wave/Tidal power - Harnessing the power of water in another way. As long as we have a moon, this one will provide unlimited free energy, however, initial costs are high, and like all but solar, probably out or reach for most.

These 4 methods all create free energy, and do not require an outside fuel source (Coal, Nuclear material, Oil, Gas).

So we have free energy available now, it isn't unknown, but yet it still hasn't managed to solve our dependence on fuel. If I were really serious about energy independence, I think my focus would be solar with battery storage.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

NYGman wrote: These 4 methods all create free convert free energy from one form to another, and do not require an outside fuel source (Coal, Nuclear material, Oil, Gas).
Excellently put, but had to correct the laws of physics there, we haven't quite mastered energy creation yet.
Now if he had a nuclear fusion device on the go I'd be interested.
The Brian Cox documentary "Can We Make A Star On Earth" is well worth a look. I've found a full version on YouTube, but the audio has gone through a helium balloon filter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i72m_VFetBw
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

SteveUK wrote:I think when he 'fires' it up for first time, Shaun will experience a 'blaze' of glory.....

Boom boom
I just want to encourage this man :lol: .
If people from Poland are called Poles Why are aren't people from Holland called Holes?
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

hucknallred wrote:
NYGman wrote: These 4 methods all create free convert free energy from one form to another, and do not require an outside fuel source (Coal, Nuclear material, Oil, Gas).
Excellently put, but had to correct the laws of physics there, we haven't quite mastered energy creation yet.
Now if he had a nuclear fusion device on the go I'd be interested.
The Brian Cox documentary "Can We Make A Star On Earth" is well worth a look. I've found a full version on YouTube, but the audio has gone through a helium balloon filter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i72m_VFetBw

Correction noted, and while technically correct according to the laws of science, I meant Create free energy as more of the result to the end user. We do not pay for sunshine, earth core heat, or gravity, so by that definition, the resulting energy was made without cost, or created for free. While not exactly correct, as there is a cost to construct and operate, these should all be recouped in the long term.

However, technically as you say, we are just converting one form of energy in to another, but the fuel is free unlike traditional energy generation.

[Although, Just to be clear, Coal and Oil are natural resources, owned by the country they happen to be in, could be considered free energy by some. These countries that sit on Oil/Gas and coal have free energy, they never paid for, it is just there. They may sell of the rights so others may mine and sell, or they may invest their own capital, and extract the resources. The fuel would be free to those countries that extract (and refine or process if necessary) themselves, as they didn't pay for the resource, just the cost to extract and process, which results in more fuel/energy than it took to extract and process. So technically even this is free energy in a way, but differs to the other methods I listed earlier, as there is a finite supply. As such, while the fuel is technically free, by using it and not selling it, there is an economic cost. So while it could be argued that these non-renewable fuels could be free energy in countries that bear the costs of extraction and process/refinement, that isn't really the case due to the economics of Oil/Gas]
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
KickahaOta

Post by KickahaOta »

For my midlife crisis relief, I bought myself a quite lovely Tesla free-energy generator, using nothing but off-the-shelf parts. Rooftop solar panels charging a Tesla Model S. I suppose I'm in some way responsible for the enslavement of the sun, but I can go 0-60 in 3.3 seconds, which helps me live with my grief.

Admittedly, the startup costs are quite a bit higher than the toaster-and-teabags approach.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Shaun's "toaster and teabag" contraption will probably do 0-60mph in 0.3 secs.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self