Saving Grace - Could this get any worse for someone

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

AndyPandy
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Saving Grace - Could this get any worse for someone

Post by AndyPandy »

mufc1959 wrote:After being urged to get some proper legal advice, Saving Grace has now decided to challenge the bankruptcy using FOTL arguments. This'll end well ...

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... ad#p426998
She's beyond redemption ! :shock:
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

mufc1959 wrote:After being urged to get some proper legal advice, Saving Grace has now decided to challenge the bankruptcy using FOTL arguments. This'll end well ...

What could possibly go wrong?
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
longdog

Post by longdog »

Unbelievably after all that's happened she's still clinging to the idea that asking for demanding 'proof of claim' and 'proof of debt' is the way forward. For f**k's sake... They've obtained a bankruptcy order against you you dim sod... What more proof that you owe them money do you want? :shrug:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
FatGambit

Post by FatGambit »

Duh, the original creditor was the petitioner, they really don't need to provide anything more than customary evidence to the Court, and there's no point asking the Court for proof, her only hope of overturning things was to challenge rights or procedures, but you can't do that if the debt is still with the OC, and you can't really do it if you admit you ignored all the letters, the only alternative now is pay up.

Sometimes handing over the keys and starting afresh is actually a good thing, I know a few who've had their homes repo'd andsome of them say it was the best thing that happened to them since it got them out the rut they could never get tthemselves out of.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

longdog wrote:Unbelievably after all that's happened she's still clinging to the idea that asking for demanding 'proof of claim' and 'proof of debt' is the way forward. For f**k's sake... They've obtained a bankruptcy order against you you dim sod... What more proof that you owe them money do you want? :shrug:
The sad thing (like with Castle Crawford) is that every extra court hearing and legal bill is being paid for out of her own remaining assets. The Receiver/Adminstrator is spending her money to defeat her, and he'll be using real lawyers at £300 per hour. Meanwhile, interest continues to grow on the unpaid debts. I don't know what equity she had in the house, but her chances of walking away with a little 'start-again-fund' are fading fast.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Next she's going to file a preemptive lien the property and start insisting that she is not the debtor, but the secured creditor.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Yeah, that'll work fer shure!!!!!
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

grixit wrote:Next she's going to file a preemptive lien the property and start insisting that she is not the debtor, but the secured creditor.
Probably. I think that she's a naive and desperate woman, and the lender or the court ought to gently make it clear to her that the legal costs of defending any whacko claims are being deducted from her equity. They could use the Crawford case as an example, pointing out that TC could have walked away with £80,000 after his eviction but instead he wasted it all by continuing a pointless fight.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

Hercule Parrot wrote: They could use the Crawford case as an example, pointing out that TC could have walked away with £80,000 after his eviction but instead he wasted it all by continuing a pointless fight.
Which would have given him enough cash to buy 3 Fearn Chase back from the bank, at least based on the first time it was sold, and after he'd have a tidy £25,000 in the bank. Funny how things work out though eh.
Warning may contain traces of nut
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

SteveUK wrote:

What could possibly go wrong?
Yes and she is not being helped by Quantam3xdense egging her on and advising her to avoid "parasitic lawyers etc." He/she must know the danger this woman is in of losing her home, but they still head down the road of advice they know has never worked, but they keep pushing it in the hope that one day it might. When she does lose here home, the advice given will not be wrong, the system and the corrupt courts will be.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

Skeleton wrote:
Yes and she is not being helped by Quantam3xdense egging her on and advising her to avoid "parasitic lawyers etc." He/she must know the danger this woman is in of losing her home, but they still head down the road of advice they know has never worked, but they keep pushing it in the hope that one day it might. When she does lose here home, the advice given will not be wrong, the system and the corrupt courts will be.
As usual, Tiggy's advice is sensible, telling the woman that she's way past the point where asking for 'proof of claim' is likely to be of any help to her.

I feel sorry for Saving Grace, to some extent, because she's exactly the kind of customer Swift Advances and payday lenders will target. I think it was a payday lender which made her bankrupt. Her house, as posted upthread, is just a modest terraced house, so there's unlikely to be any equity, as she's got a first mortgage plus the Swift second charge and whatever other debts will need to be repaid. I doubt she has any means of keeping that roof over her head.

But on the other hand, her refusal to engage once she was made bankrupt except via FOTL 'claims' chips away at any sympathy I might have for her plight. The letters she's posted from the Trustee in Bankruptcy suggest that he's trying his best to get her to engage and has given her ample opportunity to do so. So when the bailiffs turn up or when she's arrested on a warrant for contempt of court she's got no-one else but herself (and possibly the idiots at GOOFY) to blame.
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

She'll be left with nothing, as I suspected.

i don't think after all creditors are paid and other cost, i wont have anything left over.
that means i will end up with nothing after all those years of blood sweat and tears thinking they gave me something. all the stress, worries and heartache, just to pay for something you thought was your security blanket in times of troubles.
its too late now my blood sweat and tears has already been spent, they cant take that away from me, nor what it has been spent on,
i have vested interest.
But the reality is that, you didn't pay for it, my dear. That's why you were made bankrupt.
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

This is what she said in her first ever post on GOOFY:

Please can you help or is there any help I did not discover your site until things had gone bad.

Sorry Gracie dear but the opposite is true. Things got bad WHEN you discovered GOODY.
Last edited by Bungle on Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TUCO said to me:
“I envy you for the job that you do in helping advise people. If I could choose an occupation, this is what I would like to do. Much of the advice that I pass onto people is heavily influenced by your posts”.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Bungle wrote:

This is what shesaid in her first ever post on GOOFY:

Please can you help or is there any help I did not discover your site until things had gone bad.

Sorry Gracie dear but the opposite is true. Things go bad WHEN you discovered GOODY.
I suspect the outcome would have been the same either way... The only difference is that the GOOFS told her that ignoring the problem and hoping it would go away was a method that would work.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

Bungle wrote: This is what shesaid in her first ever post on GOOFY:

Sorry Gracie dear but the opposite is true. Things go bad WHEN you discovered GOODY.
Well I think it was bad when she found GOODFY but just because it's bad doesn't mean it can't get much much worse and that is the tragedy of GOODF, a lot of the problems people initially have, that lead them to the site, are resolvable if they get good advice.

Sadly they don't get that advice and the problem spirals out of control.
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

Could it get any worse? Yes it could. Applecart has now got involved.

http://getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/viewt ... 20#p428242

Apple saves the day!

PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

Having had a read of the thread following Apple's involvement I have to say it's quite disturbing to see such aggressive idiocy. A CRN won't do anything, because what is going on is not fraud. Also an allegation of criminality does not make a court order ineffectual, it would only be vitiated if fraud were proven. Has this moron not heard of the notion that one is innocent until proven guilty?
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

PeanutGallery wrote:Having had a read of the thread following Apple's involvement I have to say it's quite disturbing to see such aggressive idiocy. A CRN won't do anything, because what is going on is not fraud. Also an allegation of criminality does not make a court order ineffectual, it would only be vitiated if fraud were proven. Has this moron not heard of the notion that one is innocent until proven guilty?
Nope! Simply because Action Fraud write back saying 'I'm sorry to note you've been a Victim of a Crime' and give a Crime Reference No.

They think that's sufficient to prove a crime has been committed, rather than accepting it for what it is, which is a very poorly worded letter as they've missed out the word 'alleged' !! :shrug:

Read this thread on goofyville, Applecart is encouraging the original poster to get his ex wife to stop paying her mortgage (she's under a suspended possession order) so when the bailiffs turn up she can wave her Crime Reference No. and say NO you can't repossess my house I've a CRN, it's a crime ! :shock:

http://getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/viewt ... kZJZ3rfWK0
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

PeanutGallery wrote:Having had a read of the thread following Apple's involvement I have to say it's quite disturbing to see such aggressive idiocy. A CRN won't do anything, because what is going on is not fraud. Also an allegation of criminality does not make a court order ineffectual, it would only be vitiated if fraud were proven. Has this moron not heard of the notion that one is innocent until proven guilty?
Yeah, even the bloke winding up Apple had more of a grasp of the situation than Apple.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

AndyPandy wrote:Read this thread on goofyville, Applecart is encouraging the original poster to get his ex wife to stop paying her mortgage (she's under a suspended possession order) so when the bailiffs turn up she can wave her Crime Reference No. and say NO you can't repossess my house I've a CRN, it's a crime ! :shock:

http://getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/viewt ... kZJZ3rfWK0
The OP in that topic is actively seeking a way to welsh on an owed debt. Watching his greedy scheme crash & burn under Applecart's delusional guidance will be fun.