Darwin award nominees?

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

NigelJK
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Darwin award nominees?

Post by NigelJK »

I'll ask this in the US section later also as I think with their more robust approach to law enforcement we may get a few more takers.

If you've not heard of the Darwin awards have a quick look here.

Basically a site that records how evolution has a habit of allowing the stupid to remove themselves from the Gene pool.

I'm wondering if we know of any nominees (in any of the categories*) that have qualified following the doctrines defined by the sov's etc?

* Darwin Award (sometimes a Double), At-Risk Survivors or Honourable mentions.
100,000 lemmings CAN'T be wrong.
PeanutGallery
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Darwin award nominees?

Post by PeanutGallery »

Well considering that in the US the sovereign citizen movement is considered to be a domestic terrorist organisation and that America has very liberal firearms laws with some states also having the death penalty I would say it extremely likely that a Sovrun has found themselves being removed from the gene pool due to their beliefs.

Over here however it's a lot less likely, we don't have the same gun laws or access to firearms, don't have the death penalty and most of our freetards are keyboard warriors or those who can only be emboldened when acting as part of a larger mob. As such I would say that a British Sov likely has a better chance of reaching the Crawford years than an American one. However I am not sure that is necessarily something to be proud of.
Warning may contain traces of nut
NG3

Post by NG3 »

Having been around for a while, and having experience of incidents offline, I can say that most of the incidents covered here, especially in the UK forum, tend to involve relatively harmless eccentrics, however at the more extreme end of the freemen spectrum there have been some extremely violent and damaging episodes, including ones involving murder and other fatalities.

I've known people who, having not come to their senses fast enough, have ended up incarcerated for decades, lost family members, or who have committed, or become victims of homicide.
NigelJK
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by NigelJK »

@PeanutGallery: This was what I was thinking and will, time permitting, ask the same question on the US part of the site.

@NG3: Not been a member long but have read the treads concerning Tom C and PoE from start to finish and can see that some people are willing to risk life and limb to 'defend' their beliefs (the rooftop potty 6 spring readily to mind), can you point to a thread where more extreme action has been taken?

In general I'd say that some of the ethos of the Darwin Awards does rankle a bit as we shouldn't really find people topping themselves amusing, however hilarious it is. On the other hand people being lead to the same conclusion is a whole lot more serious and would require a whole new category of Darwin Awards if prevalent.
100,000 lemmings CAN'T be wrong.
NG3

Post by NG3 »

NigelJK wrote: @NG3: Not been a member long but have read the treads concerning Tom C and PoE from start to finish and can see that some people are willing to risk life and limb to 'defend' their beliefs (the rooftop potty 6 spring readily to mind), can you point to a thread where more extreme action has been taken?
My history pre-dates internet forums, however, by way of examples, one family I know has a son who has now been incarcerated for more than 20 years for his part in a gun battle that resulted in the deaths of a U.S. Marshal and a Deputy Marshal.

His father, who was involved in the incident, was killed in a later gun battle, while they were trying to apprehend him. The gun battle also saw the death of an Arkansas Sheriff.

I can also give you an example of a TP, who was into robbing armoured cars and counterfeiting.

He gave away hundreds of thousands of dollars to domestic terrorists*, before being involved in the murder of a Jewish radio talk show host, prior to his eventual death during an intense gunfight with approximately 75 federal law enforcement agents.

& if that doesn't sate your thirst I know a guy who was involved in an armed stand off that resulted in the death of his son, his wife and a Deputy U.S. Marshal.

This shit can get real.

*As the phrase domestic terrorist is overused these days, by way of example of the nature of the people who received financial donations I offer you one of the beneficiaries, Frazier Glenn Miller.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

NG3 wrote:
NigelJK wrote: @NG3: Not been a member long but have read the treads concerning Tom C and PoE from start to finish and can see that some people are willing to risk life and limb to 'defend' their beliefs (the rooftop potty 6 spring readily to mind), can you point to a thread where more extreme action has been taken?
My history pre-dates internet forums, however, by way of examples, one family I know has a son who has now been incarcerated for more than 20 years for his part in a gun battle that resulted in the deaths of a U.S. Marshal and a Deputy Marshal.

His father, who was involved in the incident, was killed in a later gun battle, while they were trying to apprehend him. The gun battle also saw the death of an Arkansas Sheriff.

I can also give you an example of a TP, who was into robbing armoured cars and counterfeiting.

He gave away hundreds of thousands of dollars to domestic terrorists*, before being involved in the murder of a Jewish radio talk show host, prior to his eventual death during an intense gunfight with approximately 75 federal law enforcement agents.

& if that doesn't sate your thirst I know a guy who was involved in an armed stand off that resulted in the death of his son, his wife and a Deputy U.S. Marshal.

This shit can get real.

*As the phrase domestic terrorist is overused these days, by way of example of the nature of the people who received financial donations I offer you one of the beneficiaries, Frazier Glenn Miller.
You won't hear me say this very often, but I give thanks that I was born in Hull, England.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Two words for the US: Jerry Kane.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

The Observer wrote:Two words for the US: Jerry Kane.
Yes, people who don't know about him and his son should read up about him and realise what sort of person we can be dealing with, and why I am concerned about the spread of FMOTL / sovereign philosophies.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Darwin Award is dying because you did something stupid. Opening fire on cops during a traffic stop with an AK 47 is more malicious than stupid.
NG3

Post by NG3 »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
Yes, people who don't know about him and his son should read up about him and realise what sort of person we can be dealing with, and why I am concerned about the spread of FMOTL / sovereign philosophies.
I was explaining to someone the other day that while we quite rightly ridicule some of these guys we are in fact only ever a step away from something entirely more sinister.

For those aware of the Tom Crawford case, for example, the Crawford's, Haining, Taylor et al. are odious, unintelligent characters, who found themselves completely out of their depth and out thought at every turn, so we laughed, but the next example could play out entirely differently.

Most of our gun legislation is statutes, unrecognised by the freemen, and as such there are firearms in circulation.

What happens when the next Tom Crawford lives in rural Lincolnshire, or Herefordshire, and has a secret cache of shotguns hidden in his house, and the paranoid conspiracy theories fed to him leave him truly believing that the PTB are out to get him?

History tells us it can get messy.

Idiots like Ceylon are just playing, but that doesn't mean everyone else is.

A lot of these guys don't realise they are vulnerable minnows swimming with sharks.

It is, as you rightly observe, part of the purpose of chronicling these types, to expose the scammers, ridicule the ridiculous, and to hopefully protect others walking down the same tired and trodden paths to self destruction.

As I pointed out on another thread, you only have to look at the history of the FOTL movement, and exactly what would change if we didn't have statutes to see what sort of people it attracts.

Anyone wanting a return to the good old days of slavery, racism, misogyny, and the right to have sex with 12 year old girls is always going to find a movement that advocates such things appealing.

Whilst freemen/sov-cits exist the dangers they bring exist also.

It is a spread that needs to be curtailed.
KickahaOta

Post by KickahaOta »

NG3 wrote:Whilst freemen/sov-cits exist the dangers they bring exist also.

The irony/difficulty, of course, is that saying 'We need to crack down on sovcits' serves to validate and reinforce the paranoia of the sovcits.
Pox

Post by Pox »

NG3 wrote:
I was explaining to someone the other day that while we quite rightly ridicule some of these guys we are in fact only ever a step away from something entirely more sinister.

For those aware of the Tom Crawford case, for example, the Crawford's, Haining, Taylor et al. are odious, unintelligent characters, who found themselves completely out of their depth and out thought at every turn, so we laughed, but the next example could play out entirely differently.

Most of our gun legislation is statutes, unrecognised by the freemen, and as such there are firearms in circulation.

What happens when the next Tom Crawford lives in rural Lincolnshire, or Herefordshire, and has a secret cache of shotguns hidden in his house, and the paranoid conspiracy theories fed to him leave him truly believing that the PTB are out to get him?

A lot of these guys don't realise they are vulnerable minnows swimming with sharks.

It is, as you rightly observe, part of the purpose of chronicling these types, to expose the scammers, ridicule the ridiculous, and to hopefully protect others walking down the same tired and trodden paths to self destruction.

As I pointed out on another thread, you only have to look at the history of the FOTL movement, and exactly what would change if we didn't have statutes to see what sort of people it attracts.

Anyone wanting a return to the good old days of slavery, racism, misogyny, and the right to have sex with 12 year old girls is always going to find a movement that advocates such things appealing.

Whilst freemen/sov-cits exist the dangers they bring exist also.

For some reason, this is what I feel about 'Shaun,where's my ride Cassidy', as previously stated.

There is something about him - just sayin!
Pox

Post by Pox »

On a lighter note (?) I have followed the Darwin Awards for many years, IIRC there used to be a calendar ?

If not, there should be.

This was one of my favourites - the melted brake pads did it for me -

http://darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin1995-04.html

I can't find it but there was also one from a similar time period, a man that keen on stealing a Coke can from a vending machine by rocking it that it fell on him with fatal consequences.
NG3

Post by NG3 »

KickahaOta wrote:
NG3 wrote:Whilst freemen/sov-cits exist the dangers they bring exist also.

The irony/difficulty, of course, is that saying 'We need to crack down on sovcits' serves to validate and reinforce the paranoia of the sovcits.
Totally. It's part of what convinces them that we are all agents in the employment of the shadowy cabals that rule the universe.
Pox wrote: For some reason, this is what I feel about 'Shaun,where's my ride Cassidy', as previously stated.

There is something about him - just sayin!
I haven't looked at him closely enough to comment, but there is every chance that we have an unstable, and dangerous one out there somewhere.

The laughing and joking is good, a healthy dose of ridicule works as a deterrent for some, and stops them getting sucked in, as well as being entertaining, but we should never lose sight of the fact that the extreme end of the spectrum can be lethal.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

NG3 wrote:
ArthurWankspittle wrote:
I was explaining to someone the other day that while we quite rightly ridicule some of these guys we are in fact only ever a step away from something entirely more sinister...

What happens when the next Tom Crawford lives in rural Lincolnshire, or Herefordshire, and has a secret cache of shotguns hidden in his house, and the paranoid conspiracy theories fed to him leave him truly believing that the PTB are out to get him?...

There is video on YouTube of a recent rural eviction where the old boy came out brandishing a revolver. He shot one of the agents or maybe a bailiff, not sure which, in the ass. Which sounds funny when you put it like that but I can't think of many things less funny than a .38 in the ass. Not sure if it was a freeman inspired resistance or just an old git with something left over from WWII but it was serious shit.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

I suspect people tend to think of Tom Crawford as being on the harmless, yacky end of the freeman spectrum while armed freemen in the U.S. occupy the dangerous end of the spectrum.

But I have always held that the progression toward violence is facilitated when folks at the Crawford end of the spectrum start calling judges and and cops "scum" and "nazis". First people are devalued, termed subhuman. . .and as such they are considered proper objects of violence.

Let's not forget that Crawford came within a few feet of running down several cops at his eviction with his car.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

YiamCross wrote:There is video on YouTube of a recent rural eviction where the old boy came out brandishing a revolver. He shot one of the agents or maybe a bailiff, not sure which, in the ass. Which sounds funny when you put it like that but I can't think of many things less funny than a .38 in the ass. Not sure if it was a freeman inspired resistance or just an old git with something left over from WWII but it was serious shit.
There is something similar about a planning dispute but in that case a council official was shot dead and I think a policeman wounded. I think a third person was also shot, possibly a reporter. Whilst not Sovcit based, it shows there are nutters out there in the UK.
(I've got a good memory: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Dryden)
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

arayder wrote:I suspect people tend to think of Tom Crawford as being on the harmless, yacky end of the freeman spectrum while armed freemen in the U.S. occupy the dangerous end of the spectrum.

But I have always held that the progression toward violence is facilitated when folks at the Crawford end of the spectrum start calling judges and and cops "scum" and "nazis". First people are devalued, termed subhuman. . .and as such they are considered proper objects of violence.

Let's not forget that Crawford came within a few feet of running down several cops at his eviction with his car.
Agreed, I have said before the real Tom outed himself the day of his eviction, up to then he was playing the harmless old man, with a bit of woo thrown in, enjoying the limelight. But that was the day "scum bags" and "Cunstables" came to the fore from him and they were not new words in his vocabulary.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
Greengrass
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by Greengrass »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
There is something similar about a planning dispute but in that case a council official was shot dead and I think a policeman wounded. I think a third person was also shot, possibly a reporter. Whilst not Sovcit based, it shows there are nutters out there in the UK.
This is still mentioned occasionally on the NE news & reporter Tony Belmont still works in the media industry. The link gives some of what happened on that day http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-13777583
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

Greengrass wrote:
ArthurWankspittle wrote:
This is still mentioned occasionally on the NE news & reporter Tony Belmont still works in the media industry. The link gives some of what happened on that day http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-13777583
Yeah, that was the one. Not funny when it goes that way and the likes of Haining are very good at manipulating soft headed fools who are capable of this kind of thing in the name of the conspiracy crap they've been fed. Then, as we see, the Hainings step away from the mess and go start another one.