Tom Crawford failed judgment 3/9/15 Part 1 & 2

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Pox
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Tom Crawford failed judgment 3/9/15 Part 1 & 2

Post by Pox »

Joinder wrote:These High Court "applications", how do they work? Can anyone apply for one and the other party is obliged to attend ?
I can only speak from my own experience and my answer is Yes.

The form my solicitors used is N208 - the claim form.

You put in the claimants name and address and the defendants name and address.

And provide details of the claim - in my case, this was attached separately and was a few pages long.

My solicitors also submitted form N244 which is an application notice.

The court fee was £175.

Happy to provide more details but not on an open forum - PM me, by all means.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

Joinder wrote:These High Court "applications", how do they work? Can anyone apply for one and the other party is obliged to attend ?
If you're summons (ordered to attend) and fail to appear, it's contempt of court for which you can be arrested, held in the Court cells until end of business day then the matter you were supposed to attend for will be dealt with.
Pox

Post by Pox »

AndyPandy wrote:
If you're summons (ordered to attend) and fail to appear, it's contempt of court for which you can be arrested, held in the Court cells until end of business day then the matter you were supposed to attend for will be dealt with.
I'm not sure about that - contempt, that is.
I thought that in injunction applications (which I think Joinder is referring to), the procedure is different - if the defendant doesn't show to appeal why the injunction shouldn't be allowed, the injunction is given and costs awarded (if applied for).
Assuming of course that the judge deems that there are sufficient grounds for an injunction.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

Pox wrote:
AndyPandy wrote:
I'm not sure about that - contempt, that is.
I thought that in injunction applications (which I think Joinder is referring to), the procedure is different - if the defendant doesn't show to appeal why the injunction shouldn't be allowed, the injunction is given and costs awarded (if applied for).
Assuming of course that the judge deems that there are sufficient grounds for an injunction.
You might be right, I thought a Summons was a Summons, but it may be different for Injunction applications.

Just looked at the Civil Procedure Rules on Interim Injunctions, doesn't say the respondent has to attend, but presumably if they don't they can't argue against any injunction imposed, or damages and costs if awarded !

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/proced ... pd_part25a
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

I always thought you didn't have to attend a civil procedure, however the risk of not doing so, is that the case may be decided in your absence and you might wind up with a default judgement and costs. So while you can do it, it's not a good idea not to do it.

As for Ceylon, Tom, Amanda, Craig et al. I'd like to see their arguments that Yiam was stalking them, which I don't doubt they will have raised (admittedly these can be gotten around by pointing out that as a result of his 'charity work' Ceylon has become a minor public figure/nuisance, that Tom, Amanda and Craig have all made themselves out to be public figures in relation to their protestations about losing Fearn Chase. Finally I'd add that Yiam, like all of us, is more than aware that Tom's current bail conditions prevent him from going near Fearn Chase or the Elwes Arms. It would therefore be highly unlikely that Yiam would have been stalking Tom by going to places in Carlton he knew Tom was not allowed to be.

Of course I imagine if they turned up, they've turned this into another argument that Tom had his house stolen by the corrupt banks and not because of the whole not paying all of the mortgage thing.
Warning may contain traces of nut
Pox

Post by Pox »

PeanutGallery wrote: As for Ceylon, Tom, Amanda, Craig et al. I'd like to see their arguments that Yiam was stalking them
In which case, they should have applied for an injunction themselves.
getoutofdebtfools
Pirate
Pirate

Post by getoutofdebtfools »

So Yiam, what happened today?

Did Haining arrest the Master?
Did Tom produce the 'warrant' from his hat?
Did Amanda wear her onesie?
Did Craig sell the Master one of his investment scams?
Did the Nottingham Grand Jury overrule the the Queen's Bench?

Or as expected, did the defendants fail to grace the RCJ with their presence?
Oh the irony of the Get Out Of Debt Free website :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now owned by a debt management company :brickwall: Bye bye Ceylon :haha:
Joinder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by Joinder »

Thanks for all the answers but doesn't anyone have to decide beforehand if there is any merit in the case being brought?....surely you just don't apply to the court, naming someone you dislike and they have to drop everything to attend ?
getoutofdebtfools
Pirate
Pirate

Post by getoutofdebtfools »

As I understand it, if you issue proceedings then yes the defendants should respond to them which could be in the form of attendance or a witness statement.

However, if those proceedings are without merit (something Tom's very familiar with) then the claimant could be liable to costs and potentially a counter claim.
Oh the irony of the Get Out Of Debt Free website :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now owned by a debt management company :brickwall: Bye bye Ceylon :haha:
Joinder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by Joinder »

getoutofdebtfools wrote:As I understand it, if you issue proceedings then yes the defendants should respond to them which could be in the form of attendance or a witness statement.

However, if those proceedings are without merit (something Tom's very familiar with) then the claimant could be liable to costs and potentially a counter claim.
Jesus, I never knew that.
Is this what our courts are really for ?....Its like an adult version of "telling teacher".
Joinder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by Joinder »

getoutofdebtfools wrote:So Yiam, what happened today?

Did Haining arrest the Master?
Did Tom produce the 'warrant' from his hat?
Did Amanda wear her onesie?
Did Craig sell the Master one of his investment scams?
Did the Nottingham Grand Jury overrule the the Queen's Bench?

Or as expected, did the defendants fail to grace the RCJ with their presence?
Strange that our chap is so quiet. What's the nearest hospital to that court ?
Pox

Post by Pox »

Joinder wrote:Thanks for all the answers but doesn't anyone have to decide beforehand if there is any merit in the case being brought?....surely you just don't apply to the court, naming someone you dislike and they have to drop everything to attend ?
Nobody has to decide beforehand if there is any merit, assuming that you are talking about a civil injunction?

Is that what you are referring to?
Joinder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by Joinder »

Pox wrote:
Joinder wrote:Thanks for all the answers but doesn't anyone have to decide beforehand if there is any merit in the case being brought?....surely you just don't apply to the court, naming someone you dislike and they have to drop everything to attend ?
Nobody has to decide beforehand if there is any merit, assuming that you are talking about a civil injunction?

I don't really understand any of it, I just find it unbelievable that this sort of carry on is allowed to clog up the court system. I'm going to have to read up on it.
Joinder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by Joinder »

What is Yiams injunction hoping to achieve ?
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Joinder wrote:These High Court "applications", how do they work? Can anyone apply for one and the other party is obliged to attorn?
FTFY
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

Pox wrote:

They also don't have to drop anything to attend, if it's clear that the application is without merit, the claim should be struck out. It's explained here https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/proce ... pd_part03a. However sometimes this gets missed, Judges are human and fallible, it's why we have appeal courts. In the event a claim doesn't get struck out, you can apply for summary judgement under Part 24 https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/proce ... les/part24.

Using this can help to save everyone time and costs, because it allows the court to dispense with a case when it will basically be a waste of time. To be honest I'm surprised that Gillard and BK didn't throw an application for summary judgement against Haining when he tried to get his injunction. It would have messed with his head and convinced him the courts are even more corrupt.
Warning may contain traces of nut
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

Joinder wrote:What is Yiams injunction hoping to achieve ?
You come so close but never quite get there. Try reading it, then you might understand without presuming on others to do the heavy lifting for you.

None of the respondents turned up, surprise, so more news in a day or two.
Joinder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by Joinder »

grixit wrote:
Joinder wrote:These High Court "applications", how do they work? Can anyone apply for one and the other party is obliged to attorn?
FTFY
Huh?
#six

Post by #six »

Yiams actions were those of someone interested in purchasing a house. The reason for his interest in the house is immaterial.

On the other hand there is no legitimate reason for others to make threats and post addresses on line.

That's the reason for the case.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

I've had issues with Joinder on this discussion;

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=10888

Check from this point on;

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=10888&start=20#p215416

Whatever point he was making just came out of the blue not attached to anything. If he did it for any reason apart from being hostile I don't see it.

And, if I recall, I've chastised him as a moderator. I'm still unclear if he is posting as someone actually interested in the topics discussed or as a troll. Although, to be fair, he could be both. He seems to participate mainly to criticize other posters over things that make little sense to me.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs