Peter of England: He’s still F RE?

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Re: Peter of England: He’s still F RE?

Post by grixit »

noblepa wrote:
NigelJK wrote:There was (loose) talk a couple of pages back about how PoE should make us rethink 'Money'.
Well it's been re-thought time and again and guess what? It's still good. My Missus is fond of saying that 'Money is the root of all evil', to which I generally reply that it's the lack of money that might be up for that claim.
I believe the proper quote is "The LOVE of money is the root of all evil". Makes more sense that way. Money itself is just a piece of paper. It is the greed and avarice that make people do evil things.
World Party: Ship of Fools wrote: Avarice and greed are gonna drive you over the endless sea
They will leave you drifting in the shallows
Drowning in the oceans of history
Traveling the world, you're in search of no good
But I'm sure you'll build your Sodom like you knew you would
Using all the good people for your galley slaves
As your little boat struggles through the warning waves
But you don't, pay

You will pay tomorrow
You're gonna pay tomorrow
You're gonna pay tomorrow
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
pigpot
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by pigpot »

He is still free eh! :roll: :haha:
Boaz. It's a little like Shazam. It certainly meant a lot to Billy Batson.
Nothing in this post is legal or lawful advice, it is only used for the sake of entertainment.
All "rights" are reserved by this poster.
vampireLOREN
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by vampireLOREN »

pigpot wrote:He is still free eh! :roll: :haha:
Sure he is, just as his customers are still broke and in debt :haha: :haha: .
If people from Poland are called Poles Why are aren't people from Holland called Holes?
longdog

Post by longdog »

Zeke_the_Meek wrote:Over on FB, Tim Wiele isn't a very happy customer:
Hello, ANSWER THE E-MAILS !!!! YOU HAVE MY LETTER WITH THE MONEY AND P.N. THE TRACKING REPORT SHOWED IT, SINCE 23.11.15 IS MY LETTER BY YOUR BANK!!!! Where is my money? Where is my activ account? When do the cheques come? Asked 5times, without an answer!! I´m asking since the 25.11.15 without an answer, and the automatic answer: "Thank you for your enquiry which has been passed to the relevant person who will respond to you shortly.We look forward to being able to assist your needs in the near future Kind Regards WeRe Bank Administration." ....can you take and ..... ANSWER THE QUESTIONS HERE AND IN YOUR BANK FORUM!!!
Given PoE has been quiet for an uncharacteristically long time (usually his mania would have sparked off some ramblings about lizard Jews by now), could it be that he's finally done a runner? I doubt he has given that he's primed the suckers to give him more legitimate cash for his upcoming worthless cash, but it's an interesting possibility...
It's certainly looking like Poe may have finally bailed out with his ill gotten gains. He doesn't seem to have posted on Facebook for over two weeks, the post above is still there and a follow up today of "ANSWER THE QUESTIONS!!! TAKE MY MONEY AND DO NOTHING!!"... Perhaps at least one sucker has realised by now that he's been conned.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Zeke_the_Meek

Post by Zeke_the_Meek »

longdog wrote: It's certainly looking like Poe may have finally bailed out with his ill gotten gains. He doesn't seem to have posted on Facebook for over two weeks, the post above is still there and a follow up today of "ANSWER THE QUESTIONS!!! TAKE MY MONEY AND DO NOTHING!!"... Perhaps at least one sucker has realised by now that he's been conned.
Indeed, rare of him to leave such comments stinking up the place. He's either working on huge unveiling of the next step of the scam, or he's scarpered.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

This has happened before, in terms of Peter seemingly vanishing only to return with a spree of incomprehensible garbage. As for one of the reasons why he is still at large (assuming that his vanishing act hasn't involved the aid of her majesty's constables) it is quite likely that he is too small to get a great amount of attention. The police are likely going to build cases against those using the cheques before going after the supplier (and it would be easier to prove that Peter supplied articles for use in fraud if others have been convicted for fraudulently using the articles he supplied).
Warning may contain traces of nut
guilty

Post by guilty »

The Isle of Man Government has now issued a warning on WeRe Bank to all local authorities and public bodies.
It was as a result of this:

Which, I think, is the first WeRe cheque to appear on the island. I look forward to the resulting court case.

Edited to add: It was intended to be payment for his Rates.
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
Hyrion

Post by Hyrion »

PeanutGallery wrote:and it would be easier to prove that Peter supplied articles for use in fraud if others have been convicted for fraudulently using the articles he supplied
And easier yet if a few of those who are found guilty of using the cheques testify in exchange for lesser sentences.

I believe the concept is usually refered to as "turning states evidence".
FatGambit

Post by FatGambit »

Over here we have other delightful words to describe it such as snitch, grass, narc, informant etc.

The official term is 'turn Queen's evidence' though,
Pox

Post by Pox »

guilty wrote:The Isle of Man Government has now issued a warning on WeRe Bank to all local authorities and public bodies.

Which, I think, is the first WeRe cheque to appear on the island. I look forward to the resulting court case.

Wow - that's one government that acts fast - date of cheque is 23/11 !
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

Pox wrote:
guilty wrote:The Isle of Man Government has now issued a warning on WeRe Bank to all local authorities and public bodies.

Wow - that's one government that acts fast - date of cheque is 23/11 !
Wasn't their an Isle of Man sov from a while back, Paul Doyle, I wonder if it is the same person.
Warning may contain traces of nut
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

I see what he did wrong. It should have been made out to 'The Isle of Man Evil Government'
Wake Up! Productions

Post by Wake Up! Productions »

It is now day 16 since we last heard from PoE on Facebook. What are the odds that he has been arrested? Does anyone here have the ability to look into the courts to see if there is any record of an arrest? :D
DEAN CLIFFORD IS OUT OF PRISON !!! :shock:
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

Wake Up! Productions wrote:It is now day 16 since we last heard from PoE on Facebook. What are the odds that he has been arrested? Does anyone here have the ability to look into the courts to see if there is any record of an arrest? :D
Arrests are down to the police, not the courts. There's no way of finding out if someone's been arrested. And it's entirely random if it's reported in local papers. PoE isn't national news (yet).
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

The WeRe Bank Facebook page is currently active, after a few days of silence. Whether or not it's PoE posting on there I don't know. But there's a backlash...

Losleones

Post by Losleones »

On the dud note "clearing hotline" :haha: of course freephone & a "sorry all lines are busy" but don't worry freeloaders you're forged notes will be cleared on my ledger. What you suckers do after that is none of my concern, just push those notes & remember you're on the hook for 150k when i call in the PN you promised me. :beatinghorse:
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Losleones wrote:On the dud note "clearing hotline" :haha: of course freephone & a "sorry all lines are busy" ....
No it's a mobile number. IIRC Pete has used a couple of numbers then ignored them or, more likely, just stopped paying for them. That prefix originally came from the "3" network.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
longdog

Post by longdog »

Chaos wrote:

I see what he did wrong. It should have been made out to 'The Isle of Man Evil Government'
No... Where he went wrong was in making the cheque payable in £ not Re... If he'd made it out in Re then the IOM government could've been paid in universal energy transfer.... Or something. :lol:
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
longdog

Post by longdog »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
Losleones wrote:On the dud note "clearing hotline" :haha: of course freephone & a "sorry all lines are busy" ....
No it's a mobile number. IIRC Pete has used a couple of numbers then ignored them or, more likely, just stopped paying for them. That prefix originally came from the "3" network.
I don't think stopping paying for them comes in to it... I've just dialled the number and it says some old shite about 'outside office hours or the line busy' and says to send a fax to 0044 161 33260 which is a dead line.

Poe has been using disposable SIM cards.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

YiamCross wrote:Good business to be in this not really a bank bank business. No one seems able to do anything about a bloke in a camper van with a mailing address pretending to be a bank while he happily collects real cash and issues dud cheques and, soon, dud cash too.
The state isn't going to spend a lot of time or energy trying to stop greedy, stupid people from throwing their money at a scam. The sort of people who are attracted to PoE's "welsh on your debts and cheat your neighbours" scheme are not particularly deserving of sympathy. If he started scamming little old ladies out of their pensions, things would be very different.

The flip-side of course is that PoE's target market are also somewhat more likely to kick the feculant out of him, when they realise they've been taken for Charlies. And if they were to talk to each other and then set out to confront him, things could get ugly real fast.

It is sometimes imagined that PoE's itinerant wanderings in the "Scam-pervan" are to evade law enforcement. That's nonsense - it is trivial to arrange for Facebook to notify Police whenever he posts, and from what IP address. Police can then call the ISP and get an address, or triangulate from cell towers. If they wanted PoE, they could pick him up any time. And he knows that. He's more concerned with staying out of the way of his customers, especially the ones who've just lost their homes.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.