Peter of England: He’s still F RE?

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Daft Ada
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Re: Peter of England: He’s still F RE?

Post by Daft Ada »

If people who have passed on their promissary note to PissPot decide to leave the scheme, will he try to cash those notes in?

Hope he tries as it would make good viewing
Who's more foolish?
The fool, or the fool who follows him.
Hyrion
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Hyrion »

noblepa wrote:Peter was claiming from the beginning that his WeRe cheques MUST be accepted. At first, he only claimed that they were valid for "Public debt", whatever he meant by that. But, IIRC, he always insisted that the recipient was legally bound to accept a WeRe cheque, even as he simultaneously said he would never pay out in British pounds, only in his fictitious "Re" units.
... and while clearly stating he'd never accept a WeRe Cheque as payment for his own services.
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

Daft Ada wrote:If people who have passed on their promissary note to PissPot decide to leave the scheme, will he try to cash those notes in?
Peter once said that people could leave only by buying back their PNs. With cold hard cash, obviously.
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

littleFred wrote:
Daft Ada wrote:If people who have passed on their promissary note to PissPot decide to leave the scheme, will he try to cash those notes in?
Peter once said that people could leave only by buying back their PNs. With cold hard cash, obviously.
The WeRe bank must be the only bank in the world where once you have deposited funds into your current account the only way to close your account is to buy back your own funds.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
Hyrion

Post by Hyrion »

There's an easy out:
  • The WeRe member only needs to add an entry into their accounting books showing they've paid their debt to PoE. He'll then be required to add an associating entry into his books (double-entry book keeping of course).
If PoE doesn't comply, he'll be in breach of that rule of energy he's so fond of.

Kind of makes one curious why the WeRe members didn't use this tactic to pay their monthly subscriptions and for the cheque books they received.
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

PeanutGallery wrote:
So we can continue the discussion on Peter from here, mostly because the forum software doesn’t seem to like long threads and also because they become somewhat tiresome for a newcomer to read. I’m reasonably sure what I've written gets us up to date, but if anyone thinks I’ve missed something germane to the discussion about PoE then please post it up, I did write most of this from memory.
Are you kidding !!! You've not missed anything at all. Instead you have once again provided an excellent summary about this first class conman.
TUCO said to me:
“I envy you for the job that you do in helping advise people. If I could choose an occupation, this is what I would like to do. Much of the advice that I pass onto people is heavily influenced by your posts”.
IDIOT

Post by IDIOT »

Piss Pot put this up last week. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxs9ESoIBM0

He's projecting so much in this video it becomes painful to watch.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

This genius has no idea how to use a microphone. The damage of his invective is pretty well blunted by the fact that it's nearly impossible to hear it.

One additional query: Supposedly his real name is Alan Peter Michael Smith. Does anyone know for a fact that is his real name? We've seen a lot of these mountebanks doing all their damage under pseudonyms, hoping to make a clean escape when the cops start making arrests.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I don't know how it works across the border, up north, or across the pond, but here it is ever so illegal to call yourself a bank, or trust company or insurance company for that mattereve, unless you really are one, as in have all the licenses and government sign off needed. So PoE would be illegal right from the start, now how soon someone would do something about it is up to the little gods of whoopey. Now he could have called himself the WeReClub and been fine and he and his members could have played their little games as long as they wanted unless they tried to pass their funny money outside of the club. Then bad news time. As was pointed out above, most jurisdictions around here take a very dim view of bad check writers, to the point that some passed laws saying that the local DA's HAD TO prosecute if a complaint was made. As a result DA's don't like bad check passers and things don't go well for them.

The old canard of he hasn't been arrested or charged means it is legal, is just that a canard. One of the most visible, and at times hilarious, proofs against that was our old friend Bernie von Nuthouse who went on for several years producing what were eventually adjudged to be counterfeit coins before he finally got sacked. So just because he isn't in jail yet doesn't, mean he won't end up there, and it is naive not to mention silly to make that assumption. There have been a number of large swindles that took years to unravel and prosecute even when everyone agreed they were scams.

At this juncture PoE is kind of unique in that the ones he is suckeringvictimizing are his customers, not that they aren't doing some really world class stupid destroying of their lives as a result, but the WeReBank members are the primary sucker classvictims, and until one/some of them officially complain to the authorities, and if they're dumb enough to fall for his hooey then they are probably dumb enough not to complain, there may not be much happen directly to him. Which isn't to say that some of the check passers may not yet go to jail.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
guilty

Post by guilty »

fortinbras wrote: One additional query: Supposedly his real name is Alan Peter Michael Smith. Does anyone know for a fact that is his real name? We've seen a lot of these mountebanks doing all their damage under pseudonyms, hoping to make a clean escape when the cops start making arrests.
Yes. Birth certificate, NI number, parents marriage, parents origins, sisters birth, sisters marriage, current addresses etc, all in my possession. And, I must add, all in the possession of several law enforcement agencies.
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
pigpot
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by pigpot »

guilty wrote:
fortinbras wrote: One additional query: Supposedly his real name is Alan Peter Michael Smith. Does anyone know for a fact that is his real name? We've seen a lot of these mountebanks doing all their damage under pseudonyms, hoping to make a clean escape when the cops start making arrests.
Yes. Birth certificate, NI number, parents marriage, parents origins, sisters birth, sisters marriage, current addresses etc, all in my possession. And, I must add, all in the possession of several law enforcement agencies.
Also I must add to no effect! :lol: :haha:
Boaz. It's a little like Shazam. It certainly meant a lot to Billy Batson.
Nothing in this post is legal or lawful advice, it is only used for the sake of entertainment.
All "rights" are reserved by this poster.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

notorial dissent wrote:The old canard of he hasn't been arrested or charged means it is legal, is just that a canard. One of the most visible, and at times hilarious, proofs against that was our old friend Bernie von Nuthouse who went on for several years producing what were eventually adjudged to be counterfeit coins before he finally got sacked. So just because he isn't in jail yet doesn't, mean he won't end up there, and it is naive not to mention silly to make that assumption. There have been a number of large swindles that took years to unravel and prosecute even when everyone agreed they were scams.
Freedom Club was the one that came to my mind, but pretty much anything exposed on here that drags on for a time eventually ends the same way, but it really can be many years.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

pigpot wrote:Also I must add to no effect! :lol: :haha:
And you know that because....?
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
pigpot
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by pigpot »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
pigpot wrote:Also I must add to no effect! :lol: :haha:
And you know that because....?
Beeeeecause nothing's happened to him in terms of arrest, charge or conviction has it (rhetorical question, with no question marks for you on that one "Arf" because we both know the answer). Not too hard for me (and other like minded lots) but maybe to hard for you to separate what you want and what you get. You haven't got Peter of England "Arf"... Carry on with your crystal balls and sh1te. :lol: :haha:

Take me off this stupid "Moderation" sh1te and we can have a "real" time conversation. I'm not so self-important to think I want to bring about the end of this site and I've played my part in not being abusive or aggressive Makes sense? No! Even the idea of oppression of speech is ridiculous. No? :shock:

I'm letting this one post through as it is vaguely on topic, unlike the other dozen plus you posted today. Keep it on topic, stop repeating yourself and quit the name calling and poor me stuff and you can keep posting.
Boaz. It's a little like Shazam. It certainly meant a lot to Billy Batson.
Nothing in this post is legal or lawful advice, it is only used for the sake of entertainment.
All "rights" are reserved by this poster.
guilty

Post by guilty »

http://www.moneyinternational.com/news/ ... -for-free/
Just a rehash of old news
“We do not believe anyone can repay their debts with a cheque from WeRe Bank,” said an FCA spokesman.

“Instead consumers are more likely to end up owing more as late charges and other sanctions stack up.”
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

guilty wrote:http://www.moneyinternational.com/news/ ... -for-free/
Just a rehash of old news
“We do not believe anyone can repay their debts with a cheque from WeRe Bank,” said an FCA spokesman.

“Instead consumers are more likely to end up owing more as late charges and other sanctions stack up.”
Which may be the reason the Banks etc are not leaping up and down and demanding Weird Bank is shut down as their making money through late charges etc.

Well done Piss Take, another win.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
Joinder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by Joinder »

I've thought all along that nothing will happen to Peter.
The cheques don't work as we all knew they wouldn't. The hopeful punters who thought they would work are out of pocket, but the authorities will not be bothered about that.
Plus, the punters don't think that Peter has defrauded them, but believe it's those nasty banks ganging up on their wonderful scheme.
It's good for entertainment though, that's the one positive, plus its great watching pigpot turn himself inside out trying to defend Peter.
NigelJK
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by NigelJK »

IIRC it's easy to Extradite someone from the UK to the USA and if it's Felony to post these bits of paper through the postal system is that enough to trigger a response from our Fed cousins?
100,000 lemmings CAN'T be wrong.
longdog

Post by longdog »

NigelJK wrote:IIRC it's easy to Extradite someone from the UK to the USA and if it's Felony to post these bits of paper through the postal system is that enough to trigger a response from our Fed cousins?
As far as I know the US offence of mail fraud doesn't really have a UK equivalent and would not be an extraditable offence.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
guilty

Post by guilty »

http://www.wragge-law.com/insights/regu ... ober-2015/
This 'self-proclaimed' bank has been a topic of discussion at a number of FLA Fraud Committee meetings this year, as members have received cheques from customers of the bank. The FCA has now issued a statement about the bank, which may be of use when customers attempt to use cheques issued by WeRe Bank.
FLA = Fraud Lawyers Association? Edited to add: No. More likely The Finance and Leasing Association.
Last edited by guilty on Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.