Peter of England: He’s still F RE?

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

longdog
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Peter of England: He’s still F RE?

Post by longdog »

Zeke_the_Meek wrote:
longdog wrote: Without wish to cast nasturtiums on the character of our East European brothers and sisters I would think that qualifies as advice in the 'could very easily get you killed' category. I have a brother who is still looking over his shoulder 20 years after an East European <ahem>transaction</ahem> went bad :snicker:
But he managed to get the black tar heroin back okay, yeah?
Something along those lines I suspect :mrgreen:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

Inside the new offices of WeRe Bank

I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

That's a fairly large commercial office space, can't be cheap.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Jeffrey wrote:That's a fairly large commercial office space, can't be cheap.
Poe might just be renting a desk and a phone line. That's not necessarily, or even likely, all his.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Philistine

Post by Philistine »

longdog wrote:
Poe might just be renting a desk and a phone line. That's not necessarily, or even likely, all his.
I don't see any land lines. In fact, I think he's speaking into his cel phone in the pic. Not a huge surprise...
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

wasn't he allegedly in Germany March 22?
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Thanks Gordon for those photos.

So he urges his disciples to withhold all taxes-rates-rents and utilities phone-gas-water-electricity. Yet the lights are on, the computers powered up, he's not been evicted (not yet....) and the old fraud is on the blower in the fashion of one of those hopefuls on The Apprentice.

Hypocrite.
Zeke_the_Meek

Post by Zeke_the_Meek »

longdog wrote:
Can you imagine what it'd be like to be at work and having to listen to that asshat on the next desk over running his pretend bank?

If this is indeed the case, I can see someone on that premises calling the fuzz sooner rather than later. In fact, now that his whereabouts are known and he seems to be there at least some of the time, he'll hopefully have his collar finally felt at some point...

... that's if one of his disgruntled marks doesn't march in and punch his lights out first. That place doesn't look high on security.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

You're assuming he's even remotely telling something vaguely reminiscent of the truth???? It is very easy to find pictures like that on the web, and I'm betting that someone with the right software could. That's certainly how the catfishers do it. Rule of thumb if PoE is saying it, it is almost certainly a lie.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

Give it a fortnight ...
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

mufc1959 wrote:Give it a fortnight ...
Very suspicious facebook account for Geomum Ewa

Most of her posts are in french or polish

And as for making her cheques out to PO ltd - just doesn't add up one bit
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

mufc1959 wrote:Give it a fortnight ...
She didn't pay her WeRe bank subscription with a WeRe cheque though.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

letissier14 wrote: And as for making her cheques out to PO ltd - just doesn't add up one bit
I remember when queuing up at the Post Office to do my car tax, cheques had to be payable to "Post Office Counters Ltd."
I think it was the 20th century when I last used this method though.

EDIT - it just so happens I have my council tax bill in front of me. There is a pay at post office option, they scan the barcode on the bill & then would require real payment I suspect. A PO may well have accepted a WeRe cheque, but like you say, it will unravel.
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

Geomum Ewa, like many other WeRe people, has a Local Authority that writes to tell people their bills have been paid.

I've never encountered that in real life. I recently paid my Council Tax and they didn't send me a "zeroed bill". They never have, and I wouldn't expect it.
Zeke_the_Meek

Post by Zeke_the_Meek »

littleFred wrote:Geomum Ewa, like many other WeRe people, has a Local Authority that writes to tell people their bills have been paid.

I've never encountered that in real life. I recently paid my Council Tax and they didn't send me a "zeroed bill". They never have, and I wouldn't expect it.
Hit the nail on the head. Same goes for most other agencies, really - unless you're closing an account of some kind and ask of confirmation, it's rare to get such a zero bill unless specifically requested...

... and if I thought I'd somehow welched on a bill with magic beans, the last thing I would do is raise suspicion by asking it to be confirmed in writing. Instant red flag, but that's all by the by.
Zeke_the_Meek

Post by Zeke_the_Meek »

longdog wrote:
Looking closer at the images, I suspect he has rented at least half of it - in the shot with Peter talking into his phone in a manner betraying his status as a clueless fucking moron who can't operate simple technology, the next desk over has a stack of what can only be chequebooks ready for mailing.

And there's also a stack of the things sitting on the desk of the mystery mohican guy (assumedly on the opposite side of the room?) With all the boxes everywhere, it seems that it's solely WeRe bank that's setting up shop there.
Last edited by Zeke_the_Meek on Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zeke_the_Meek

Post by Zeke_the_Meek »

Where did these images come from, anyway? Just curious.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

Zeke_the_Meek wrote:
longdog wrote:
Looking closer at the images, I suspect he has rented at least half of it - in the shot with Peter talking into his phone in a manner betraying his status as a clueless fucking moron who can't operate simple technology, the next desk over has a stack of what can only be chequebooks ready for mailing.

And there's also a stack of the things sitting on the desk of the mystery mohican guy (assumedly on the opposite side of the room?) With all the boxes everywhere, it seems that it's solely WeRe bank that's setting up shop there.
you're working on the assumption he isn't just sitting in someone elses real office
Philistine

Post by Philistine »

Chaos wrote:
Zeke_the_Meek wrote:
longdog wrote:

you're working on the assumption he isn't just sitting in someone elses real office
That's entirely possible. It's also possible that the numpties have actually given him enough cash incentive to squander on a semi-faux office set up which he thinks he can use to sucker others into the mess. Quite a scam.
Seelenblut
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Seelenblut »

Peter is coming to Germany - supposedly. On April 23rd he is expected to give a lecture on WeRe in Bad Salzschlirf, a little spa town in the middle of Germany. Only 15 Euro admission fee - I mean "Welcome-Euro" - honestly, that's what the invitation says. Its hilarious what terms the freemen invent to avoid calling it a fee (and trying to avoid paying taxes for it) - "energy compensation" is the most common.

Overall the German/Austrian WeRe community has been pretty quiet lately, there were actually more critical tones then supportive ones - sadly not about realizing what a scam it is, they are just unhappy with Peter's management. I am sure with a little German efficiency those banks would be happy to accept LTTs.

Well, we will see if anyone dares to speak out during the lecture.

The loudly announced "Were Stop - Insider Interview" (I posted about the announcement) is a month late already, but it is still coming, according to Roban. Considering he is still a true OPPT believer this will probably also be more of an attack against Peter than against the WeRe idea itself.