Peter of England: He’s still F RE?

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

afateworsethandeath
First Mate
First Mate

Re: Peter of England: He’s still F RE?

Post by afateworsethandeath »

I do not want to bring this conversation down to gutter level but......

Another popular saying is " as thick as a donkeys cock "
Footloose52
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Footloose52 »

One, on a similar vein to previous, that we used when I lived in the West Country was 'thick as pig shit'.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

My fave which is sort of along the same lines is;

"Ah was sweatin' like a Geordie in a maths exam".
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

"trembling like a shitting whippet"

<drops_mic>
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Pox

Post by Pox »

My late father referred to someone once (who was a bit 'mentally challenged' I.E. thick and a tad stocky) as

'He'd make a bloody good knot on a rope'

Another of his pithy sayings was -

'All twitter and shite, just like a cockney sparrow'.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

Pox wrote:My late father referred to someone once (who was a bit 'mentally challenged' I.E. thick and a tad stocky) as

'Thick as two short planks'.

'One can short of a six pack', or my particular favourite

'Not the sharpest tool in the box'
longdog

Post by longdog »

Hercule Parrot wrote:"trembling like a shitting whippet"

<drops_mic>
Being the proud owner of a brace of whippets I can state with some authority that whippets do not tremble whilst shitting :mrgreen:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

From PoE's Facebook page (which, despite being the only way WeRe Bank members can communicate with him, he never seems to look at).

Ania, I have some advice for you. WeRe Bank isn't a foreign bank. It isn't a bank at all. And yes, there are no funds available. There never have been, never will be.
Ania Abueg > Peter of England
Hello, I am a strong advocate and believer in WeRe Bank, I wish that the banks in the USA were of the same mind. So far I was unable to clear the outstanding balance with LL's provided by WeRe Bank, I wish to get some tips from anyone who has successfully dealt with the USA banks. Their arguments are that We Re Bank is a foreign bank and that there are no funds available.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

If Ania doesn't understand that WeRe, if it were real, would be considered a foreign bank, well, because it would be, in the US, and the banks there STILL wouldn't cash and/or accept the checks. Most of them simply DON'T DO foreign collections because of the time, bother, and mostly the expense. So she is really and truly clueless. The fact that she thinks WeReNotABank is real and that it is magically going to give her money for nothing shows the level of financial naivete she is operating under. She is really in for a lot of disappointment I think.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
FatGambit

Post by FatGambit »

AndyPandy wrote:
Pox wrote:My late father referred to someone once (who was a bit 'mentally challenged' I.E. thick and a tad stocky) as

My favourite are 'a few fries short of a happy meal' and 'the lights are on but nobody is home'.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

I think the highlight (although really it's more a sign that Peter is scraping the bottom of the barrel of human stupidity) of Ania's post is that she says "I wish the banks in the US were of the same mind".

Would that be of the mind to give you free money? Because we can all wish for free money, sometimes it might find us, but that is rare and pretty much unpredictable it's a sounder tactic to work for it and also to live within your means. Banks will give you money, but they will want it to be paid back.

Now here's where Peter's scam gets questionable, he's made every sucker promise to pay him £150,000 at some point in the future. People like Ania have agreed to do this, in order to get their hands on a lot of Re, a worthless currency that isn't even accepted by the bank that issues it. Why would Peter need you to sign a promissory note in one currency, if he was going to advance you a loan of another? Why not sign the note in Re?

You may be thinking that their is a clause on the note allowing the note to be redeemed for 1 Re, but this is at the discretion of Peter. He can choose between taking 1 of a currency that so far he's shown no interest in or 150,000 of a currency he's been grabbing up as quickly as possible. I know which one I'd choose and while I'm not Peter, I think we'd be likely to pick the same.
Warning may contain traces of nut
longdog

Post by longdog »

PeanutGallery wrote:Now here's where Peter's scam gets questionable, he's made every sucker promise to pay him £150,000 at some point in the future. People like Ania have agreed to do this, in order to get their hands on a lot of Re, a worthless currency that isn't even accepted by the bank that issues it. Why would Peter need you to sign a promissory note in one currency, if he was going to advance you a loan of another? Why not sign the note in Re?

You may be thinking that their is a clause on the note allowing the note to be redeemed for 1 Re, but this is at the discretion of Peter. He can choose between taking 1 of a currency that so far he's shown no interest in or 150,000 of a currency he's been grabbing up as quickly as possible. I know which one I'd choose and while I'm not Peter, I think we'd be likely to pick the same.
In the real world Penis Of England would stand more chance of winning Eurovision than ever being able to enforce payment on his vault cardboard box full of promissory notes. Even allowing for the fact that the people suckers who sent him the PNs won't have £150,000 to their name all the time they have a hole in their arse the PNs were obtained under false pretences... The false pretences being that WeRe bank was A) a bank and B) a means of settling debts neither of which was even close to being true.

Poe has claimed that WeReNotabank offered certain services which it has totally failed to deliver therefore the contract (such as it is) to provide those services in exchange for promissory notes is void... And here's a freeman classic they should all be familiar with... Ab initio.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Hanslune

Post by Hanslune »

AndyPandy wrote:

I always liked, 'he was a horse and four tires short of a car'
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Does this woman really not know what the word "foreign" means?
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

longdog wrote: In the real world Penis Of England would stand more chance of winning Eurovision than ever being able to enforce payment on his vault cardboard box full of promissory notes. Even allowing for the fact that the people suckers who sent him the PNs won't have £150,000 to their name all the time they have a hole in their arse the PNs were obtained under false pretences... The false pretences being that WeRe bank was A) a bank and B) a means of settling debts neither of which was even close to being true.

Poe has claimed that WeReNotabank offered certain services which it has totally failed to deliver therefore the contract (such as it is) to provide those services in exchange for promissory notes is void... And here's a freeman classic they should all be familiar with... Ab initio.
I'm not so sure about that. I must admit I don't know very much about promissory notes but my understanding is that a promissory note is an unconditional promise to pay. The BoE Act defines a promissory note as being an unconditional promise.
A quick google:
However, promissory notes are usually unconditional agreements between the lender and the borrower.

The note may be used in connection with some other form of service but there is one difference with a promissory note; the agreed amount must be repaid even if the original service agreement or contract did not occur. Promissory notes are stand alone agreements and the principal promise of repayment is usually unconditional, which means they will need to be repaid regardless of whatever occurs between the lender and the borrower. However, promissory notes will have a set of terms and conditions within the agreement.
http://www.contractsandagreements.co.uk ... notes.html
Peter claims he is lending against the promise to pay in the future so I am not convinced that even if he fails to perform the promissory note would not be valid.
Obviously none of the customers has got £150000 so this is purely academic.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

longdog wrote:[In the real world Penis Of England would stand more chance of winning Eurovision than ever being able to enforce payment on his vault cardboard box full of promissory notes.
I hope you're right. But it does not seem wholly inconceivable that someone may in future try to collect on them. Maybe Peter Smith, or maybe some other greedy scoundrel who gains ownership of the cardboard box.

And for all the evidence that the werebank concept hasn't worked in reality, there is little to prove that it was an intentional scam (we know it is, but that's not admissible evidence). I do not say that a claim on the PN's will necessarily succeed, but I think there's a plausible possibility. The PN's have a strong presumption of validity, and it would be for the defendants to meet the necessary burden of proof to repudiate them.

A key factor for many of the potential debtors will be their own postings on social media, demonstrating full awareness and enthusiasm for the deal. There are plenty of published claims by werebank members that the system does work, and that they have successfully made payments with it. There are plenty of published assertions by werebank members that the PN's are valid financial instruments and must be recognised - some of them citing laws which they believe support this, some of them instigating Financial Ombudsman and Court cases to demand that the PN-based werebank is a lawful method of transaction.

Not saying it will happen or that it would be successful, but do I think it's a possibility.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:my understanding is that a promissory note is an unconditional promise to pay. The BoE Act defines a promissory note as being an unconditional promise.

I am not convinced that even if [Peter] fails to perform the promissory note would not be valid.
That can't be right, because who on earth would agree to that? Who would sign an agreement to pay that frees the payee from even fulfilling the obligation that created the debt? There has to be more to it than that.

According to this website, promissory notes are governed by the Consumer Credit Act. I imagine that affords certain protections to the issuers of said notes. And that act mentions licensing, which makes me wonder if Peter could get into trouble for trading securities without a license. In the US, the authorities take that pretty seriously.

I don't think Peter would ever try to collect the notes - that would draw attention to his little scam - but I wouldn't put it past him to sell the notes to some unscrupulous collection agency.
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

See Fielding & Platt Ltd -v- Selim Najjar; CA 17 Jan 1969 : Denning on promissory notes.

I summarise: Denning said the payee had a defence against paying the second and subsequent PNs on the grounds that the payee had discontinued work. But he had to pay the first PN because the payee had done some work and bought materials.

On that basis, I think a court case (Peter vs Sucker), the court would ask whether Peter had fulfilled his part of the bargain. Under the terms currently on Peter's website, I think the answer would be "yes, he has". Peter promises pretty pieces of paper, and makes no solid claim that anyone will accept them as "money".

The court wouldn't be concerned about whether pretty pieces of paper are worth £150,000. If there is a contract that both parties agreed, that's what counts.

Peter's original website promised much more. It promised that payees were obliged to accept his pretty paper. Peter didn't deliver on those promises. In my view, Denning would say that PN's made under those conditions don't need to be paid.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

I truly hope he does try and call some in, purely for the entertainment value.

It would be one of the most bonkers court cases in ages, and the judge would wish he could don the old black cap still. The IQ of Britain would increase.

With the backing of freeman legal services, PoE can't fail to win.
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

Peter clearly stated in one video that he fully intends to cash in on the PN's
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions