Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

PeanutGallery
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Peter of England: He’s still F RE?

Post by PeanutGallery »

Skeleton wrote:
Zeke_the_Meek wrote:
Skeleton wrote:As long as Piss Take declares his earnings to the tax man he appears to be in the clear,..
Would you like to place a bet on Mr. of England ever sitting down of an afternoon and willingly filling out a tax return before sending the requisite portion of his hard-scammed cash off to The Man?
LOL Of course not.
Didn't Peter ask, back when he had a paypal, for his suckers to send him the cash marked down as a gift between family/friends and not a commercial business transaction, because he didn't want paypal to take fee's. Which likely helped influence the decision made by PayPal to close his account down.

Peter's most likely planning on telling the Tax man that all of this money was a gift, or knowing the Freeman love of nautical law, marine salvage (which might lead to an interesting debate with the receiver of wreck).
Warning may contain traces of nut
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Skeleton wrote:Trouble is and it pains me to say it but does Piss Take have a case to answer? Man sets himself up selling worthless bits of paper that he advertises as cheques. People give him real money to buy these cheques and then use them fraudulently to try and pay for things...
Yes, he certainly could be prosecuted. And then it would be for a jury to decide whether his behaviour was intentionally dishonest. There is nothing in the Werebank scam which makes that difficult.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

Hercule Parrot wrote:
Skeleton wrote:Trouble is and it pains me to say it but does Piss Take have a case to answer? Man sets himself up selling worthless bits of paper that he advertises as cheques. People give him real money to buy these cheques and then use them fraudulently to try and pay for things...
Yes, he certainly could be prosecuted. And then it would be for a jury to decide whether his behaviour was intentionally dishonest. There is nothing in the Werebank scam which makes that difficult.
Fully agree but as time moves on he continues to profit and other than the FSA warning little seems to be going on to stop him. I am not saying he should be free from being prosecuted, my question is why has he not been prosecuted?
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

That looks like a promissory note, not a cheque. A cheque would say "pay to the order of ..." not "I promise to pay ..."
guilty

Post by guilty »

Skeleton wrote: I am not saying he should be free from being prosecuted, my question is why has he not been prosecuted?
Justice delayed is NOT justice denied; it's just delayed.

"Though the mills of God grind slowly, yet they grind exceeding small;
Though with patience stands He waiting, with exactness grinds He all."
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Is there any anonymous HMRC tip line one could use to provide relevant information to the Taxing authority, that may possibly peak their curiosity? Al Capone was none in by tax evasion, you know.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
guilty

Post by guilty »

NYGman wrote:Is there any anonymous HMRC tip line one could use to provide relevant information to the Taxing authority, that may possibly peak their curiosity? Al Capone was none in by tax evasion, you know.
https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/shortforms/f ... mrc.gov.uk
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

Skeleton wrote:... my question is why has he not been prosecuted?
His victims don't complain. There would be no prosecution witnesses at a trial other than bank officials etc. Gathering evidence is very difficult without cooperating victims. Given that the victims are themselves attempting to scam stuff for nothing, why should taxpayer money be spent trying to protect them?

@guilty: I'm curious about that "I promise to pay..." image. Where did it come from?
guilty

Post by guilty »

littleFred wrote:@guilty: I'm curious about that "I promise to pay..." image. Where did it come from?
From the ever helpful Werebank website.
You will notice the row of linked boxes on the lower left - this is where the GOOFer writes in the special code given to him by PoE to 'prove' that the cheque is 'pre-cleared'.
littleFred

Post by littleFred »

The website is quite large. Webpage address?
guilty

Post by guilty »

littleFred wrote:The website is quite large. Webpage address?
https://www.werebank.com/wp-content/upl ... _SIZE1.pdf
littleFred

Post by littleFred »

Many thanks, I hadn't seen that page.

I'm organising a whip-round to buy Peter a new keyboard as his caps-lock is stuck. Please send donations to Ducie Street.
guilty

Post by guilty »

littleFred wrote:Please send donations to Ducie Street.
I think a lot of men already do that.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

BBC Radio 4 You & Yours are asking if PoE has any meetings planned. I think they've rather missed the boat on Weary bank after the press have had their fun with him but if anyone knows anything then let me know and I'll pass it on.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

guilty wrote:
littleFred wrote:The website is quite large. Webpage address?
https://www.werebank.com/wp-content/upl ... _SIZE1.pdf

LEGAL TENDER IS LAWFUL MONEY WHEN PRESENTED IN A COURT OF LAW IN ORDER TO SETTLE A DEBT IS IT NOT?

Legal tender is money that MUST be accepted as payment

LEGAL TENDER BOTH AS DEFINED ON THE US DOLLAR FEDERAL RESERVE NOTES AND THE BANK OF ENGLAND’S NOTES ARE PROMISES TO “PAY ALL DEBTS” - ARE THEY NOT?

No. Legal tender is not in any way a "promise to pay".

AND IN THE CASE OF THE US$ NOTES STATED AS “GOOD TO PAY ALL DEBTS PUBLIC AND PRIVATE” ARE THEY NOT?

This simply means that the US notes can be used to pay either private or public debts.

LEGAL TENDER IS THE OFFERING OF “PROMSSORY NOTES” IS IT NOT?

No. Legal tender is in no way a "promssory note", or even a promisory note.

LEGAL TENDER IS THEREFORE A “PROMISE TO PAY” IS IT NOT?

No. Legal tender is the medium of payment.

BUT THE WORD “TENDER” IS A VERB AND NOT A NOUN - IS IT NOT?

Like many words in the English language, it can be either one, depending on the context

THEREFORE “TENDERING” IS AN ACTION AND NOT AN OBJECT - CORRECT?

Yes. In that context, the word "tender" is a verb. So what? In other contexts, the word tender can be a noun.

AND WHAT OF LEGAL? IS THAT NOT APPERTAINING TO FORCE OF LAW – COERCION – THE STATE AND USE OF FORCE?

Only in the sense that the law (both US and UK) specifically state that the respective legal tender for each country must be accepted as payment for a debt.

A PROMISE ALWAYS INFERS THAT THE ACTUAL ARTICLE IN NOT PRESENT [OR NOT TO BE HANDED OVER OR CANNOT BE DELIVERED] AT THAT MOMENT OTHERWISE THE PROMISE WOULD BE IRRELEVANT WOULD IT NOT?

First of all, that is an incorrect use of the word "infer". Since legal tender is not a promise of any kind, the rest of the sentence is gibberish.

A “PROMISE TO PAY” IS A “LESS FORMAL” PLEDGE THAN AN IOU IS IT NOT?

If I write a document entitled "promise to pay" and otherwise identify who is to pay, who is to be paid, how much is to be paid and when it is to be paid, this document would, IMHO, be just as formal as any document labelled IOU or "Promisory Note" and printed on top-quality rag paper. And just as binding, so it doesn't matter if it is more formal or not.

A “PROMISE TO PAY” IS THEREFORE NOT AS BINDING AS AN IOU IS IT NOT?

See the above

A CHEQUE IS ALSO A PROMISE TO PAY IS IT NOT?

No. A cheque is an order to my bank, or other deposit holder, to take some of the funds I have on deposit and give them to someone else. Although, I believe that post-dated checks can be treated as promisory notes. But, no one is obliged to accept a promisory note in settlement of a debt.

A CHEQUE IS AN “EVIDENTIAL IOU” IS IT NOT?

I don't know what "evidential" means, but since a cheque is not an IOU, the sentence is gibberish.

AND AN IOU, AS WE HAVE SEEN, HAS MORE SUBSTANCE AND LEGAL ENFORCEABILITY THAN A MERE PROMISE DOES IT NOT - PROMISES ARE OFTEN BROKEN AND UNENFORCEABLE – BUT IOU’S….?

IANAL, but I believe that even an oral promise to pay can be just as valid and enforceable as any other, just like an oral contract. The problem with oral contracts, and oral promises, is proving that the promise was made and that it means what the one attempting to enforce it claims it means.

Again, since a cheque is NOT an IOU or a promisory note, your sentence is at best, completely irrelevent.

Oral contracts are frowned upon by the legal establishment, but, given the right circumstances, they can be every bit
as binding as a written contract.

The only thing he got correct, IMHO, was his statement that tendering is an action.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Skeleton wrote:
Hercule Parrot wrote:
Fully agree but as time moves on he continues to profit and other than the FSA warning little seems to be going on to stop him. I am not saying he should be free from being prosecuted, my question is why has he not been prosecuted?
Perhaps investigations are underway, or perhaps nothing will happen until an actual complaint of fraud is made. The banks and councils aren't going to report a loss, because they just reverse the bogus transaction and they haven't "lost" anything.

PoE's biggest risk is a disgruntled member reporting this to Police as a scam. I think that's why he's trying to keep their morale up now, while they come to terms with the reality that their werechequebook is worthless. As long as they all buy into "Oh well, it was only a hundred quid or so and Peter did his best for us" then he has a fair chance of walking out of this unscathed. He seems to have pulled it off a few times, he's probably quite skilled at gulling people until his flight takes off.

The big question, like the Beatles, will he try to make it in the USA? And will he dare set foot in US jurisdiction to do that?
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Probably been said before but WeRe bank is strictly speaking a creation of GOODF. All of the arguments that lay the foundation for WeRe bank have been promoted on GOODF years before, grooming the GOODF audience to be filched by Peter.

The basis of Peters argument is the same foundation for GOODF i.e. British pounds are promissory notes because they say "promise to pay" on them therefore promissory notes written by an individual are legal tender. For a lot of reasons, that isn't true.

Fiat currency such as the British pound and US dollars are not promissory notes, they are exactly what they claim to be, fiat currency:
Currency that a government has declared to be legal tender, but is not backed by a physical commodity. The value of fiat money is derived from the relationship between supply and demand rather than the value of the material that the money is made of.
By definition and design, only the government can issue money. Peter cannot as an individual print money. In fact in many of Peter's videos he tries to have his cake and eat it when he argues that printing money is bad and devalues the value of currency then goes on to argue that he has the legal right to print £150,000 at will.

Hell, appeal to consequences are technically a fallacy but just think of what WeRe bank would lead to if allowed to exist. A person could just sit at home printing promissory notes and buying Ferrari's and houses with WeRe bank checks forever. Nobody would wake up to go to work because hell, no need to work when you can print money. Garbage goes uncollected as garbage men stop showing up, power stations shut down as engineers fail to show up, schools shut down as teachers stop going to work, hospitals shut down as doctors and nurses fail to show up to work. You'd need a wheelbarrow full of promissory notes to buy a loaf of bread due to inflation.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Jeffrey wrote:Hell, appeal to consequences are technically a fallacy but just think of what WeRe bank would lead to if allowed to exist.
Werebank is allowed to exist, and it's members are allowed to sit at home all day writing werecheques to offer in payment for Ferraris. Nobody minds that. The problem arises when they try to assert that the local dealership (Graypaul Nottingham) are obliged to accept a werecheque as anything other than an amusing desk ornament....
NigelJK
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by NigelJK »

Do we know what Edgar Alan PoE's current employment state is?
My guess is he's a Taxpayer charity case in which case they MUST declare ANY income (not just from Employment) no matter how small. It's a very serious offence, and can get your Bens stopped.
100,000 lemmings CAN'T be wrong.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Someone posted a benefits cheat reporting site you can fill in on Peter's behalf, remember his legal name is Alan Peter Michael Smith, and he lives in a van down by the river somewhere.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.