GOOFer Leg of Lamb - he's in a baaaad situation

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Hyrion
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: GOOFer Leg of Lamb - he's in a baaaad situation

Post by Hyrion »

YiamCross wrote:I just don't get it. How can these people still be swallowing this rubbish?
A combination of greed and personal entitlement is at the top of my list.

Consider the Nigerian 419 scam and why it works. It works because even if the mark who decides to opt-in to it views it 99.9999% likely to be a scam the same individual is thinking "but if I really am paid 400 million, I'm set for life and can have anything I desire".

Compare the OPCA claim that when we are born, there is a trust fund in our names for <insert the tasty monetary value of choice here> and all we have to do is access it. It's identical to the 419 scam with the cost being some form of compensation to the guru and/or getting yourself in a mess load of trouble.

So, the greed pushes one to go after all that wealth. And the sense of entitlement helps the individual believe it actually exists.

Assuming a trust fund actually existed in your name for 1 million from your favorite uncle who has passed on. Assuming someone (perhaps an evil cousin) is doing everything they can to get their hands on those funds and keep them from you. You'd fight tooth and nail to get what's yours.

This raises the third factor at the top of the list right under greed and personal entitlement: failure to differentiate between fantasy and reality.
Joinder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by Joinder »

vampireLOREN wrote:
Joinder wrote:I'm minded to think those posts are wind ups, but knowing that crowd they are probably very genuine.
You Think? :thinking:
Not any more I don't !
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

Joinder wrote:
vampireLOREN wrote:
Joinder wrote:I'm minded to think those posts are wind ups, but knowing that crowd they are probably very genuine.
You Think? :thinking:
Not any more I don't !
I hear over the Government Secret Web Site / Lizard Control.....that some soul known as Quantum3d is wishing a down turn in Karma for me :violin: and that a certain Calderdale Councillor has wished me good luck :wink: ....swings and roundabouts :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: .
If people from Poland are called Poles Why are aren't people from Holland called Holes?