GOOFer Leg of Lamb - he's in a baaaad situation

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

mufc1959
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

GOOFer Leg of Lamb - he's in a baaaad situation

Post by mufc1959 »

He is, of course, 'asking for a friend'. The account of what has happened is so balanced and logical that I have difficulty understanding how he's in this position. He got thrown out of court. How is that not a win? Ignoring a driving ban? And he wonders why the police have got involved!

Oh, and he lives in Nottingham. :roll:

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... jE5y7fhDDc
Hi guys I'm asking for some advice for a friend.

OK so in Jan last year my friend was in trouble for a minor motoring offence, about as minor as having a light out or not wearing a seatbelt - you get the picture. Obviously no injured party so he did the whole not confirming details etc...

Eventually it goes to magistrates and he does the oath and inalienable rights thing and we all get ejected.

Anyway they lied and cheated to get him in court again whilst harassing his friends and family.

Anyway so that time they bought in some district judge to deal with him and railroaded him and gave him a big fine and a driving ban.

So he's been ignoring it and eventually it went to a bailiff company - a private one not a court one I think.

The police have now turned up at his parents house with a warrant for him so I'm just looking on advice of what they're allowed to do and what he should do?

He was thinking if it goes to bailiffs then he just tells them to fuck off and he's wondering why the police are involved.

Anybody have any insight on this?
Last edited by mufc1959 on Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mufc1959

Re: GOOFer Leg of Lamb - he's in a baaaad situation

Post by mufc1959 »

It seems another 'friend' of Leg of Lamb has also been the victim of police brutality.

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... 83#p230183
Hi guys,

So on Saturday my mate was pulled over for his windows being a bit misty (ridiculous I know...)

For asking questions his window was smashed and he was dragged out of the car and kidnapped for 14 hours by some ******* in costume.

He refused to give any details at all times and refused to give a sample etc.. they *think* they know who he is because they went through his wallet and then visited his elderly parents house to harass them for information on who this guy might be etc...

He was only allowed to make a phone call after being there over 12 hours.

Anyway - we have a bit of knowledge about how the whole system is nonsense etc but wondering what the best way to deal with magistrates court which he has in 10 days or so? Me and a couple of other people will be working on this with him and will be there to support him.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

In my professional opinion, speaking as someone with zero legal training, I would advice him to get some mint jelly.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Hi guys,

So on Saturday my mate was pulled over for his windows being a bit misty (ridiculous I know...)
Anything to stop him. OK it's dubious but that's how it goes in England. The reason is in the next part.
For asking questions his window was smashed and he was dragged out of the car and kidnapped for 14 hours by some ******* in costume.

He refused to give any details at all times and refused to give a sample etc..
So they suspect he had been drinking and he refused to take a test or give them any details. Not quite the story you are trying to portray?
He was only allowed to make a phone call after being there over 12 hours.
After he sobered up?
Interesting question there for the legal experts: If I go all freeman and don't give my name, am I still allowed to make a phone call?
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Hyrion

Post by Hyrion »

Jeffrey wrote:In my professional opinion, speaking as someone with zero legal training, I would advice him to get some mint jelly.
Strangely enough, that legal advise might very well have much greater value then the advice the OPCA crowd provide.
Hyrion

Post by Hyrion »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:Interesting question there for the legal experts: If I go all freeman and don't give my name, am I still allowed to make a phone call?
I'm no legal expert and I'm certainly no OPCA.

However, as I understand one of the many OPCA arguments:
  • The Laws to be followed are in the Bible
  • Those Laws also state only the Laws of the Bible must be followed
  • If a Law is created that is not in the Bible it is a Law that must be disobeyed or you're going to the hot place where a snowball doesn't have a chance
So.... I don't recall any phone call being mentioned in the Bible..... ;)
ArthurWankspittle

Hi guys,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHjB_MuEfoM
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
ArthurWankspittle

Hyrion wrote: or you're going to the hot place where a snowball doesn't have a chance
What? Deep Knight's bedroom?
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

Jeffrey wrote:In my professional opinion, speaking as someone with zero legal training, I would advice him to get some mint jelly.
Anyone on there sussed it out yet?
:whistle:
If people from Poland are called Poles Why are aren't people from Holland called Holes?
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

Another freetard that has watched one to many American YT videos and believes the "am I being detained" and "you need a reason to stop me and ask to see my license" lines work in the UK. Their are a few examples on YT where it is proved to them the laws are different in the UK which normally end with the drivers window being smashed in, amid Shaun Cassidy type pleas from the driver that the Policeman Is about to lose his job and now owes him 5 million quid.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
Hanslune

Post by Hanslune »

I don't think so I believe his situation is more like a cube of lamb meat and he can be expecting a skewer to come along shortly and some jelly of another sort might be useful.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

I just don't get it. How can these people still be swallowing this rubbish? I thought this whole freeman thing was on the wane but it seems to go on and on and on.

Einstein was right when he said only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And he was right not to be sure about the universe.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

One thing the world has is a plentiful supply of new idiots. I personally think it's going to go through cycles, just when it looks like it's cooling down, you'll get some new idiots 'discovering' the scene and following the same advice that we've seen lead to so many Freeman fails. Then it will build up again, we'll get new Guru's, a new Tom Crawford.

It'll probably still be based in Nottingham though.
Warning may contain traces of nut
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

vampireLOREN wrote: Anyone on there sussed it out yet?
:whistle:
yes :)
Joinder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by Joinder »

I'm minded to think those posts are wind ups, but knowing that crowd they are probably very genuine.
NigelJK
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by NigelJK »

If I go all freeman and don't give my name, am I still allowed to make a phone call?
Only if it's to a no-name 'I'm just a number' person.
100,000 lemmings CAN'T be wrong.
ArthurWankspittle

Further point. In the UK I would think the first thing a duty solicitor would do is ask your name as he is taking you on as a client. But then I suppose FMOTL wouldn't phone a solicitor. Decisions, decisions.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

mufc1959 wrote:He is, of course, 'asking for a friend'. The account of what has happened is so balanced and logical that I have difficulty understanding how he's in this position. He got thrown out of court. How is that not a win? Ignoring a driving ban? And he wonders why the police have got involved!
Hilarious. So we've gone from :
"Anyway - we have a bit of knowledge about how the whole system is nonsense etc but wondering what the best way to deal with magistrates court which he has in 10 days or so? Me and a couple of other people will be working on this with him and will be there to support him."

To :
"district judge... gave him a big fine and a driving ban.... police have now turned up at his parents house with a warrant for him".

Thank goodness he had constitutional legal consultancy from Legoland & Co - Without those experts "working on this" it could've ended badly.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:Interesting question there for the legal experts: If I go all freeman and don't give my name, am I still allowed to make a phone call?
Allowed is the key word. There's no unqualified legal right to make an outgoing phone call whilst under police arrest. Some of it is guidance (https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ode-c-2014) and some is Hollywood folklore. Strictly speaking, none of these 'rights' require the arrested person to identify themselves beforehand.

- There is a legal right to have a named person informed of your arrest, and the Police must make reasonable efforts to contact that person without delay. Can be delayed under certain circumstances.

- There is an expectation in the PACE Code that a detained person should be allowed to make a phone call to one person for a reasonable time. But the Police can supervise, listen and/or record this call if they wish. Being a matter of statutory guidance rather than law, the police can also get away with a bit more delay or denial. On the other hand, if you're reasonable and the place is quiet, they'll often allow several calls. Arranging care for your children, getting someone to pick up your car, that sort of thing.

- Finally there is a right to receive legal advice by telephone (from a real solicitor, not one of their idiot mates on GOOFy), and the Police are not supposed to eavesdrop on that call. Unless they have a warrant to do so, which sometimes occurs if there is a suspicion that the lawyer is crooked.

However in practice the Police will tend to be pragmatically unhelpful - custody sgt will say "'I'll tell you all about your rights and I'll make sure you can exercise them, but first of all we need to complete the booking-in process. I'm responsible for your safety and wellbeing while you're here, and I need to know if you have any medical conditions, who your next of kin is, etc. I'm not asking you to admit any offence, I just need your details for the computer. Computers, eh? It's all paperwork nowadays... ".

They will maintain this stolid, cheerful obstruction for hours, insisting that nothing can take priority over safeguarding the welfare of their guest. It's a winning line, courts have been reluctant to criticise it. And if that doesn't work, then forcible fingerprinting & DNA will often identify the arrested person. But if they're in that sort of mood, Police will decide that they can't Bail a person who won't identify himself. So they'll keep you until the next available court, and you can try your luck with the Magistrates.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

Joinder wrote:I'm minded to think those posts are wind ups, but knowing that crowd they are probably very genuine.
You Think? :thinking:
If people from Poland are called Poles Why are aren't people from Holland called Holes?