Cryotek, another attempted PCN / Council Tax Dodger

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

AndyPandy
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Cryotek, another attempted PCN / Council Tax Dodger

Post by AndyPandy »

Asks what is a Council, why aren't they registered on Companies House, that's because they're a department of Government you bozo !

Another one who'll manage to convert a £35 PCN into a £000 liability.

They just never learn !

http://getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/viewt ... jOQqnrfWK0
Hercule Parrot

Re: Cryotek, another attempted PCN / Council Tax Dodger

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Quite remarkable -

He asks for advice, gets a reply from one of the few useful GOOFy posters, and responds with an illiterate rambling thick-as-pigshit lecture on imaginary legal principles :

"Its very simple (CRUDE EXAMPLE) It is a services that has been put in place by Peoples who have made the requested for free flowing traffic. So the Public Servant sets up ways to deter Peoples from parking in specified zones which low and behold is a SERVICE no matter how you paint it up."

It's going to be fun watching him dig himself into a big hole full of summons, bailiffs and costs.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
HardyW
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by HardyW »

Hercule Parrot wrote:Quite remarkable -

"Its very simple (CRUDE EXAMPLE) It is a services that has been put in place by Peoples who have made the requested for free flowing traffic. So the Public Servant sets up ways to deter Peoples from parking in specified zones which low and behold is a SERVICE no matter how you paint it up."
Actually, once rewritten in standard English, that's a fairly accurate though CRUDE description of why parking controls exist. But it describes the SERVICE that is provided to the whole community, and funded by council tax to the extent that it isn't self-funding from chaarges and penalties. The SERVI CE only works because there is a penalty régime as allowed by law.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

HardyW wrote:
Hercule Parrot wrote:Quite remarkable -
Actually, once rewritten in standard English, that's a fairly accurate though CRUDE description of why parking controls exist. But it describes the SERVICE that is provided to the whole community, and funded by council tax to the extent that it isn't self-funding from chaarges and penalties. The SERVI CE only works because there is a penalty régime as allowed by law.
Indeed. But our cretinous commentator misrepresents enforcement of the penalty regime as a service provided to the infractor, and on a contractual basis with that infractor. That's like saying my cockroaches are the paying clients for the can of Raid I'm about to dump on them.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
morrand

Post by morrand »

Hercule Parrot wrote:But our cretinous commentator misrepresents enforcement of the penalty regime as a service provided to the infractor, and on a contractual basis with that infractor. That's like saying my cockroaches are the paying clients for the can of Raid I'm about to dump on them.
This is, as I recall, also the basis for another (equally cretinous, if not more so) sovrun theory running around in the U.S.: that the court's conviction and sentencing of a criminal is a service, which the defendant may decline at will. I can't remember who the primary promoter of that branch of the theory is, but I'm sure it's somewhere on here.
---
Morrand
NigelJK
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by NigelJK »

and funded by council tax to the extent that it isn't self-funding from charges and penalties
Westminster Council make more money from their parking department than they do from Council Tax. All councils that have de-regulated their parking (most if not all) have increased the amount of double yellow lines (DYL) exponentially since in the vain hope that you will pay for the privilege in one of their car parks.

Parking revenue - £80M from just the on street parking revenues (this does not include revenue form PCN's bus lanes etc)

Full acounts (not) notice that the parking revenue is NOT included in the 'full' report.

Go on GOODF's call me a government shill then ....
100,000 lemmings CAN'T be wrong.