Random Freemanesque Babblings from idiots unable to sustain their own thread

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Re: Random Freemanesque Babblings from idiots unable to sustain their own thread

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Skeleton wrote:The fact his father is living off a basic pension and he was on benefits for some of the period probably mean that their is a very good chance he would be entitled to some sort of discount, but what do these morons advise instead - stupid as stupid come. Of note the OP did not reply to the suggested advice so here is hoping he is following a more sensible approach.
As short as possible, yes he is likely eligible for Council Tax Benefit.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
AndyPandy
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Random Freemanesque Babblings from idiots unable to sustain their own thread

Post by AndyPandy »

Dr. Caligari wrote:
6. Your statements do NOT apply to the Men and women living on this land under Common Law with our inalienable rights fully preserved.Do you not understand this fact of Law.
"Inalienable rights"?

So far as I know, that phrase appears only in the American Declaration of Independence, not something I would think would carry a lot of legal weight in the UK.
Section 187 Social Securities Administration Act 1992

187Certain benefit to be inalienable
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

AndyPandy wrote:
Dr. Caligari wrote:
6. Your statements do NOT apply to the Men and women living on this land under Common Law with our inalienable rights fully preserved.Do you not understand this fact of Law.
"Inalienable rights"?

So far as I know, that phrase appears only in the American Declaration of Independence, not something I would think would carry a lot of legal weight in the UK.

The Declaration of Independence doesn't even carry any legal weight in the United States. It didn't even to legally separate the 13 colonies from Great Britain; rather, it told the world what we were doing, and that's it.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

The Declaration of Independence doesn't even carry any legal weight in the United States.
The verbiage in the DOI about inalienable rights, consent of the governed, etc., etc. have never been held to carry any legal weight in the United States. The Declaration itself carries some legal weight, in that American courts (back when the issue still mattered) considered the date of American independence to be July 4, 1776 (the date of the DOI), while English courts considered the American states to have still been colonies until May 12, 1784 (the ratification of the Treaty of Paris, which recognized American independence). Thus, for example, American courts considered someone born in New York in 1777 to be an American citizen, while British courts considered such a person to be a British subject.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:
AndyPandy wrote:
Dr. Caligari wrote:
"Inalienable rights"?

The Declaration of Independence doesn't even carry any legal weight in the United States. It didn't even do anything to legally separate the 13 colonies from Great Britain; rather, it told the world what we were doing, and that's it.
The DOI was the equivalent of a press release. Nothing more.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

American courts have, IIRC from a legal history course many decades ago, held that the last paragraph of the Declaration ("That these United Colonies are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States; that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the British Crown...") was a legally effective transfer of sovereignty as of the moment of its publication. But all of the rest of it has been held to be not legally enforceable.

Nonetheless, for the benefit of any of our British Quatloosians who may not have read it recently, I am going to quote what I think is probably the most influential sentence ever written in the English language:
Thomas Jefferson wrote:We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

The DOI was a very prettily and well written piece of Enlightenment era PR for the Revolution when it comes right down to it. Lots of high sounding words and phrases that were more honored in their breach than in their observance.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
longdog

Post by longdog »

For a right to be truly 'inalienable' you have to assume that there is some fundamental power above and beyond the government of the day capable of preserving that right in the face of a government determined to do away with it. The US has the constitution and the UK has The Human Rights Act but both of those can, in theory at least, be changed or abolished.

Common-law however does not and never has conferred truly inalienable rights on anybody as even the most fleeting examination of history would show.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

what I think is probably the most influential sentence ever written in the English language:
Me too. Among our founding documents you will find some of the best writing ever in English, or any language.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

Talking about English and American: just in case anyone finds themselves in Nottingham on 21 May:
Jaquid1 wrote:Jon Shackleton will be talking about the LEGAL name

Rob B will be talking about Injunctions and what he has found out recently passing on his fantastic wealth of knowledge.

We are also waiting for confirmation from Rohan Lorian with a live link from Australia looking at the Glossa and American Sign Language (ASL)
I couldn't go, because I wouldn't be able to stop laughing. There are some dead-serious Australian videos around that very earnestly explain that the Oxford Style Guide is the governing volume for English, and this tome tells us that the Ancient Romans used only upper-case, therefore anything written in upper-case is Ancient Latin or possibly American Sign Language because that also uses only upper-case, therefore the world is flat. I might have mis-remembered that last bit, but it really is that stupid.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

You Brits aren't still mad about that whole overthrow the oppressors thing are you?
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

littleFred wrote: I couldn't go, because I wouldn't be able to stop laughing. There are some dead-serious Australian videos around that very earnestly explain that the Oxford Style Guide is the governing volume for English, and this tome tells us that the Ancient Romans used only upper-case, therefore anything written in upper-case is Ancient Latin or possibly American Sign Language because that also uses only upper-case, therefore the world is flat. I might have mis-remembered that last bit, but it really is that stupid.
Get a grip! The only appropriate desk references are the Concise OED and Fowler's Modern English Usage. Back in my mis-spent youth I can remember a few soldiers who were sworn in on a copy of Fowler's because the recruiting office, which was next to my mine, couldn't find their bible and the personnel involved didn't bother looking at the tome that was passed to them. It had a nice dark black cover with gilt lettering, close enough to a bible. :whistle:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Diction ... lish_Usage
.... Eric, formerly Captain and Adjutant.
edit: and one of the founding members of the Society to Preserve the Subjunctive Tense in the English Language :)
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

Is it a tense? I thought it was a mood. Ah, if I only knew.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

JamesVincent wrote:You Brits aren't still mad about that whole overthrow the oppressors thing are you?
One battle victory and a bit more petrol (note not gasoline) in 1812 and you'd be singing a different tune. :Axe:
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
JamesVincent wrote:You Brits aren't still mad about that whole overthrow the oppressors thing are you?
One battle victory and a bit more petrol (note not gasoline) in 1812 and you'd be singing a different tune. :Axe:
It could still happen. Once Harry kills his brother in a manner befitting a royal we will all pay our tax to king Harold the beheader....

:Axe:
Ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

De register from Birth Certificate

Link: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... _certifica

15 March 2011

Dear General Register Office,

Our parents were under Duress of a fine if they did not as acting powers of attorney register our "Legal Fiction" by means of a Birth Certificate. (contract law v common law)

As first point of contact into "YOUR SOCIETY"-with the individual Registered on birth certificate would legally point to the fact that the birth certificate contractually binds them to "YOUR SOCIETY"

At birth we were not able to give consent and therefore when able to give consent wish to discuss the matter.

The contract under duress imposed unfair terms making the contract void-able unless there is implied consent by both parties to continue or renegotiate terms of the contract.

Therefore who we need to contact to:-

Possibly renegotiate the void-able contract.

De register

Possibly Inform of the void contact and advise them that we are leaving your society and are part of a separate society operating on common law.

Yours faithfully,

Mr Young

Reply .........................

28 March 2011

Dear Mr Young,

Thank you for your recent email.

The registration of a birth does not involve a "contract", and such
registration does not "contractually bind the individual to your society".
A registration is a simple record that an event has taken place (ie a
birth), and as such it is not possible to "de-register". As indicated,
there is no contract to void or renegotiate.

Yours sincerely,

Selwyn Hughes
Communications Manager
Identity and Passport Service | General Register Office | Communications
and Business Support | Room 109 Smedley Hydro | Trafalgar Road | Southport
| PR8 2HH
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
pigpot
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by pigpot »

Notice to "ArthurWankspittle". So due to all the disapproval's of my posts I'm concluding that I cannot post here anymore. Not just on this board but anywhere on this whole forum unless I agree to hold "Statist" views. This is and must be a "Statist" forum of that I have no doubt. As admitted by "Burnab49" this is not a forum where can share personal ideas but they must COMPLY. That's fine as if it is the case I may very well be turning in my membership because anyone in the right mind wouldn't want to be controlled by a dictatorship. Even "Tito" got it wrong. :thinking:

Notice placed. Response needed.

Thank you.
Boaz. It's a little like Shazam. It certainly meant a lot to Billy Batson.
Nothing in this post is legal or lawful advice, it is only used for the sake of entertainment.
All "rights" are reserved by this poster.
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
... or if the Regulars and Hessians had sealed off the Continental retreat at Bunker Hill or in New Jersey, or been able to pull off the three-prong attack which ended in disaster at Saratoga.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

pigpot wrote:Notice to "ArthurWankspittle". So due to all the disapproval's of my posts I'm concluding that I cannot post here anymore. Not just on this board but anywhere on this whole forum unless I agree to hold "Statist" views. This is and must be a "Statist" forum of that I have no doubt. As admitted by "Burnab49" this is not a forum where can share personal ideas but they must COMPLY. That's fine as if it is the case I may very well be turning in my membership because anyone in the right mind wouldn't want to be controlled by a dictatorship. Even "Tito" got it wrong. :thinking:

Notice placed. Response needed.

Thank you.
You are free to quit posting anytime you want, but I'm afraid "turning in my [your] membership" is a bit like resigning US Citizenship, possible but it requires more effort than its worth.

I think I can speak for most of the Team in saying your posts are not disapproved because we want to control the way you think or make you comply with Statist views. If you look around the site you will find quite a bit of diversity of opinions, much of it not what I would call "complying".

No, sir, your posts are disapproved (and I have dunked more than a few, possibly more than ArthurWankspittle) is because they are babbling, trolling nonsense that contribute nothing to rational discussion.

If you want to make meaningful additions to the given topic at hand, feel free. If you want to give up, take your ball and go home, have at it, Sparky. No need to "turn in your membership", your identity will eventually be culled for non-activity by the system. I, for one, won't miss you.

umm, buh bye!

:violin:
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Like one of my favorite exes used to say:

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"