Random Freemanesque Babblings from idiots unable to sustain their own thread

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

AndyPandy
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Random Freemanesque Babblings from idiots unable to sustain their own thread

Post by AndyPandy »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:Typical GOOF freeloader. He expects everyone else to pay to provide for him.
I love it, pay up or your kid doesn't get a school placement!
doublelong
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Re: Random Freemanesque Babblings from idiots unable to sustain their own thread

Post by doublelong »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:This is so funny. :haha:
Not been paying my council tax, all was fine until today when I came to apply for my kids placement at a school. You need a council tax bill to prove you live in the area! I'm considering couple of options:
1. Give the name of the fake person who is supposed to be living here and paying the council tax as the guardian of my kids.
Not going to work. Might work for a while but sooner or later the school would catch on that the "guardian" doesn't exist and inform Social Services and or the Police. Also there are places especially in London where all sorts of tactics are used to get children into the "right" schools. Including renting somewhere nearby. Get caught and they'll bounce your application and you'll have a horrendous time trying to get in any school of your choice.
2. Get my wife down as the resident and have her pay it.
And this saves you what?
1. May mean the school finds out and starts asking awkward questions maybe.?
Oh yes, see above.
2. Don't really want to give my wife over to the council as I don't intend on paying forever!
What? If you and your wife live there I'm pretty certain you are jointly (and severally?) liable. So if you and your wife are together you (both) will be paying it one way or another. If you and your wife are separated what makes you think she is going to join in this farce? Because if it is to get the kid into a "good" school she will change her mind when she finds out she's on the hook for the CT, looking at losing the school place, looking at Social Services investigating her and she'll happily grass you up as it being your idea and keep the kid.
Any advice or ideas?
Pay your Council Tax?
Had to log on and comment on this. It is a prime example of the sheer stupidity of these people. Popular schools that are over subscribed have been asking for council tax bills for a few years now so it does happen (I teach in one) parents have even been known to rent a house in the schools catchment area just to get the child into a popular school. They will gladly pay for utilities and council tax in order to furnish the school with said evidence and then after 6 months will give notice on the house after never living in it.
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

bigbananas wrote:Not been paying my council tax, all was fine until today when I came to apply for my kids placement at a school. You need a council tax bill to prove you live in the area!
Blatent freeloading, as a big part of council tax goes towards schooling.

But what's the problem? I expect he gets bills, even if he doesn't pay them, to show the school.
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

littleFred wrote:
But what's the problem? I expect he gets bills, even if he doesn't pay them, to show the school.
But the bill is in a "fake" person's name:
Give the name of the fake person who is supposed to be living here and paying the council tax as the guardian of my kids
It looks as though he has set it up using a fake name. The fake name is supposed to be living there and is supposed to be paying the CT although I doubt it is getting paid.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:
littleFred wrote:
But the bill is in a "fake" person's name:
Give the name of the fake person who is supposed to be living here and paying the council tax as the guardian of my kids
It looks as though he has set it up using a fake name. The fake name is supposed to be living there and is supposed to be paying the CT although I doubt it is getting paid.
.... and wants to put his invisible friend down as his child's legal guardian :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

doublelong wrote:Popular schools that are over subscribed have been asking for council tax bills for a few years now so it does happen (I teach in one) parents have even been known to rent a house in the schools catchment area just to get the child into a popular school. They will gladly pay for utilities and council tax in order to furnish the school with said evidence and then after 6 months will give notice on the house after never living in it.
Just to back this up. The story goes parent and eldest child "move" to flat very near chosen school due to parents having trial separation. Parent rents flat for 6 months. Eldest child gets into school. Parents have reconciliation, don't bother to continue renting flat. Therefore the cost of getting into chosen school is 6 months rent, a bit of council tax and a bit of utility bills. Massively cheaper than private school. All other children are siblings of child already in school which helps get them in when time comes. Very difficult to disprove story. I can't prove it but I am reliably informed it happens.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:Just to back this up. The story goes parent and eldest child "move" to flat very near chosen school due to parents having trial separation. Parent rents flat for 6 months. Eldest child gets into school. Parents have reconciliation, don't bother to continue renting flat. Therefore the cost of getting into chosen school is 6 months rent, a bit of council tax and a bit of utility bills. Massively cheaper than private school. All other children are siblings of child already in school which helps get them in when time comes. Very difficult to disprove story. I can't prove it but I am reliably informed it happens.
I know a friend of mine who has done this
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

Oops, yes, I overlooked:
bigbananas wrote:Give the name of the fake person who is supposed to be living here and paying the council tax as the guardian of my kids.
(Added emphasis.)

As Sir Walter Scott said: "Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practise to deceive!"
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:The story goes parent and eldest child "move" to flat very near chosen school due to parents having trial separation.
Wouldn't custody paperwork have to exist for a child to move in with one parent? Or do they create that also as part of the ruse?
Footloose52

Post by Footloose52 »

Didn't happen in my case, children lived with me for 6 months before moving back in with their mother (at her insistence). As soon as they reached 16 they moved back in with me and I'm still stuck with one of them far too long afterwards!
ArthurWankspittle

TheNewSaint wrote:
ArthurWankspittle wrote:The story goes parent and eldest child "move" to flat very near chosen school due to parents having trial separation.
Wouldn't custody paperwork have to exist for a child to move in with one parent? Or do they create that also as part of the ruse?
No. They are having a trial separation, nothing legal done yet re getting a divorce or parental responsibility, and nothing illegal about one child living with one parent while other children live with the other.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Tuco
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Tuco »

Footloose52 wrote:
Tuco wrote:The costs for obtaining liability orders are also wholly unlawful, as local authorities make huge profits from the process, despite it being crystal clear in legislation that profit should not be made from the liability order process.
Can you provide justification (i.e. hard evidence) to prove this statement which, currently, is pulled out of thin air.
Yes
Bungle told me that she worked at the CAB
She lied
Tuco
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Tuco »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
Tuco wrote:The costs for obtaining liability orders are also wholly unlawful, as local authorities make huge profits from the process, despite it being crystal clear in legislation that profit should not be made from the liability order process.

Still, I don't suppose that is what you lot want to hear is it?
No, I'd like to see more information than someone saying something on the internet. Have you any details on this profiteering or is it just a rumour on some websites?
I do but I suspect you'd rather I didn't post them?
She lied
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

It may be one of those times when English english is not the same as American english, but over here we don't usually apostrophe "its" for reasons that have never been clear to me, but we just don't...
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Tuco
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Tuco »

Gregg wrote:It may be one of those times when English english is not the same as American english, but over here we don't usually apostrophe "its" for reasons that have never been clear to me, but we just don't...
Capital E for "English" please.

In England, we just tend to say, if it doesn't concern you, keep your big nose out of it.

I'm sure there are similar sayings in Afghanistan and Iraq.

The apostrophe is to abbreviate "his" or "hers" btw. Keep tolerating me.
She lied
ArthurWankspittle

Tuco wrote:
Footloose52 wrote:
Can you provide justification (i.e. hard evidence) to prove this statement which, currently, is pulled out of thin air.
Yes
OK come back in 24 hours with it then please.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Tuco wrote:
Gregg wrote:It may be one of those times when English english is not the same as American english, but over here we don't usually apostrophe "its" for reasons that have never been clear to me, but we just don't...
Capital E for "English" please.

In England, we just tend to say, if it doesn't concern you, keep your big nose out of it.

I'm sure there are similar sayings in Afghanistan and Iraq.

The apostrophe is to abbreviate "his" or "hers" btw. Keep tolerating me.
Guess what Skippy, I agree with that part anyway. The purpose of this site is not to amuse you or provide you a forum to be an argumentative asshat. So I'd invite you to keep your big nose out of it, for a week anyway.

Buh-bye!
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Philistine

Post by Philistine »

I can't find the post to which you refer but quite clearly, "its" is possessive, and "it's" is a contraction of "it is".
They are used the same way on both sides of the pond as far as I'm aware, for all intensive purposes. ;)
FatGambit

Post by FatGambit »

Good punctuation is the difference between "I'm going to help my uncle jack off his horse" and "I'm going to help my uncle Jack, off his horse".
houseoflard
Swabby
Swabby

Post by houseoflard »

This video has it all. Reporting judge to the police, judge not acting on his Oath, not acting under common law jurisdiction, Anthony Badaloo, Patrick Cullinane etc etc...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl2DFQ8QjeY