Random Freemanesque Babblings from idiots unable to sustain their own thread

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Random Freemanesque Babblings from idiots unable to sustain their own thread

Post by NYGman »

My check this week never arrived, who do I talk to about this?
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Re: Random Freemanesque Babblings from idiots unable to sustain their own thread

Post by littleFred »

GOOFer "assassin" asks Is Hydrogen The Future? in a long post about how wonderful hydrogen is. Trouble is, his first sentence is wrong.
assasin wrote:Hydrogen is the most common gas on earth so is it the future? or are the Government looking for ways to screw it up?
Hydrogen is not a common gas. It is very uncommon because it is light and because it easily combines with other elements. It is certainly a common element, but that isn't the same thing at all. If we want to use gaseous hydrogen as a fuel, we first have to split it from whatever it is bonded to, such as oxygen. And, life being what is is, this splitting takes more energy than we get from recombining.
Philistine

Post by Philistine »

Oh dags. Now they're blustering about the fact that they haven't even grasped a high school level of chemistry?
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... jyCwzahd2E

Been waiting to see how this panned out, and it has panned out exactly as I thought it would. Basically guy signs contract for Virgin Media for his TV, Broadband etc, then claims price was put up without him knowing (I am starting to smell bull shit) so he decides to switch to Sky half way through contract. Virgin send him packaging to return his set top box etc, but he mysteriously has lost some of the kit so can't send all of it back (strong smell of bull shit.) He then waffles on about some letters he received about the price increase (yes he was bull shitting, he did know) Anyway Virgin went down the breach of contract of route but it is still not his fault because he does not receive paper statements and does not check his on line ones very often.

Now he has the Bailiffs homing in on him, his answer, bill them for his time.

Hilarious read.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

Skeleton wrote: Now he has the Bailiffs homing in on him, his answer, bill them for his time.

Hilarious read.
Have to correct you there, Bailiffs & debt collectors are 2 entirely different animals. He won't have the former after him for £250 owed to Virgin Media. The only thing at stake with the latter is his credit file with Experian.

In these situations Virgin (and Sky) just sell the debt to another firm for about 10p in the £1. The firm then send a lot of scary letters promising all sorts of doom if they don't pay up. This is probably where the goodfers claim success with the 3 letters trick & indeed they do probably succeed in not paying, but have a black mark on their credit file making it hard to get the latest iphone on contract, but the debts are never massive. Once they get no response they give up as sufficient numbers of people believe the bull & pay up, giving them a good return on the 10p they shelled out.

I first became aware of these tactics when Mrs. Hucknallred fell foul of a private parking company several years ago. A visit to http://www.pepipoo.com is worth a visit if you want to research that subject.

In short, the only way you'll get a bailiff at your door is if you've been taken to court (with an opportunity to defend yourself), lost, & then not paid up (see several Tom Crawford threads).
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

hucknallred wrote: Have to correct you there, Bailiffs & debt collectors are 2 entirely different animals. He won't have the former after him for £250 owed to Virgin Media. The only thing at stake with the latter is his credit file with Experian.
In these situations Virgin (and Sky) just sell the debt to another firm for about 10p in the £1. The firm then send a lot of scary letters promising all sorts of doom if they don't pay up. This is probably where the goodfers claim success with the 3 letters trick & indeed they do probably succeed in not paying, but have a black mark on their credit file making it hard to get the latest iphone on contract, but the debts are never massive. Once they get no response they give up as sufficient numbers of people believe the bull & pay up, giving them a good return on the 10p they shelled out.
I totally agree with the above. I worked for about four years in a "shared office space" with very thin walls with a two man collection agency next door. The "garbage debt" they were collecting on was nearly always less than a few hundred dollars original debt. The owner bluntly told me that their business model was to get 25% of the original amount owed on half the debt that they had purchased since they would make a profit, but they would continue hounding the debtor for the remainder since he was an easy mark. He wasn't a bad guy to get along with, he told me that if a debtor made him an offer above the 25% mark he might even tell the debtor he would write off the rest - of course he was probably just going to resell the debt again. It made my day when I overheard through the walls that the other debt collector in his office had problems of his own and had his bank accounts seized by the courts. :Axe:
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

in my younger days i had a few run in with collection agency's. i never really gave much respect to them but they bugged me just the same. then i found the fair trade act in alberta. its really amazing how you can always find a way to use it to drive away the debt collectors. it so used to irk me when they call your pay and talk phone and ask for someone else; and do it all the time.

peace,
ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

hucknallred wrote:
Skeleton wrote: Now he has the Bailiffs homing in on him, his answer, bill them for his time.

Hilarious read.
Have to correct you there, Bailiffs & debt collectors are 2 entirely different animals. He won't have the former after him for £250 owed to Virgin Media. The only thing at stake with the latter is his credit file with Experian.

I first became aware of these tactics when Mrs. Hucknallred fell foul of a private parking company several years ago. A visit to http://www.pepipoo.com is worth a visit if you want to research that subject.

In short, the only way you'll get a bailiff at your door is if you've been taken to court (with an opportunity to defend yourself), lost, & then not paid up (see several Tom Crawford threads).
Ok, thanks for the info and correction, interesting :) As for the black mark on your credit file, how long would that stay on for?
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Skeleton wrote:Ok, thanks for the info and correction, interesting :) As for the black mark on your credit file, how long would that stay on for?
Six years.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
longdog

Post by longdog »

Skeleton wrote:Ok, thanks for the info and correction, interesting :) As for the black mark on your credit file, how long would that stay on for?
In the UK I think it's six or seven years.

If my experience is anything to go by creditors in the under £1000 debt category will never sue and if you really don't mind a bad credit rating (and I actually welcome it) they will give up even writing if you ignore them long enough. That said... I don't own my home, don't have any disposable income or assets to speak of and have nothing to lose.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
FatGambit

Post by FatGambit »

Creditors don't, but debt collector regularly issue claims for small amounts, it's easy money since 95% either pay up or ignore the paperwork resulting in a default judgement, lowest I've personally seen is £326 by Lowes/Bryan Carter, which they incidentally lost on.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

FatGambit wrote:Creditors don't, but debt collector regularly issue claims for small amounts, it's easy money since 95% either pay up or ignore the paperwork resulting in a default judgement, lowest I've personally seen is £326 by Lowes/Bryan Carter, which they incidentally lost on.
That's right, they use the small claims process as another step in the scary letter process, which costs them £35 (I think) to initiate. This will scare most into paying, others will ignore, those who present a robust defence will probably see the claim dropped, or they don't turn up in court.
IDIOT

Scottish sovcit does a 'Murphy'.

Post by IDIOT »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z15F7Og ... WL&index=7

Driver is stopped by police on the M8 motorway, Scotland for having defective brake lights. Sovcit bullshit ensues, gives name but no joinder as he didn't say his name instead he wrote it down :haha:

All the driver had to do is thank the police for telling him his brake lights were faulty and explain he'd go fix them at the next motorway services and it's very likely he'd have been on his way in seconds. Instead he does exactly what Dave Murphy did down to the letter not only putting police lives at risk but his and his passengers too. A live motorway isn't a place you'd want to be hanging round too long. Maybe police could have taken him off at the next exit in the name of safety though? No arrest and no car crushing from this episode, just some possible future dealings with the court when he was even offered the easy option of providing proof he got his car fixed.

The drivers Scottish/Asian accent is funny as hell. :lol:
Joinder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Re: Scottish sovcit does a 'Murphy'.

Post by Joinder »

IDIOT wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z15F7Og ... WL&index=7

Driver is stopped by police on the M8 motorway, Scotland for having defective brake lights. Sovcit bullshit ensues, gives name but no joinder as he didn't say his name instead he wrote it down :haha:

All the driver had to do is thank the police for telling him his brake lights were faulty and explain he'd go fix them at the next motorway services and it's very likely he'd have been on his way in seconds. Instead he does exactly what Dave Murphy did down to the letter not only putting police lives at risk but his and his passengers too. A live motorway isn't a place you'd want to be hanging round too long. Maybe police could have taken him off at the next exit in the name of safety though? No arrest and no car crushing from this episode, just some possible future dealings with the court when he was even offered the easy option of providing proof he got his car fixed.

The drivers Scottish/Asian accent is funny as hell. :lol:
Lol superb !
And I see Roy offered to represent him in court in the comments section .
IDIOT

Post by IDIOT »

Ah, I see, missed that.

Here it is
Greenhat Media 5 months ago
ill rep ya in court got various bans from court know my stuff
Joinder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by Joinder »

IDIOT wrote:Ah, I see, missed that.

Here it is
Greenhat Media 5 months ago
ill rep ya in court got various bans from court know my stuff
Haha, he can help him because he has had various bans himself.
longdog

Post by longdog »

He's semi-literate, has lost every court case he's been involved with and he doesn't have a right of audience in anybody else's cases anyway... What could possibly go wrong? :shrug:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Angolvagyok
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Angolvagyok »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j54j2XiQM9g

You're going to like this guy. Be sure to watch all the way to the end of part 2, it's quite satisfying.

There's this pleasant individual too, who seems to have gone a bit quiet. I can only hope he hasn't had any ''wins'' recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7NlTAPI4Mk
IDIOT

Post by IDIOT »

Welsh guy. Totally irritating man. Calling police 'buddy' and 'mate' constantly. He was doomed from the outset, his prices were way too optomistic at £1,000,000 to pop the bonnet. At least Dave Murphy was offering to do a little 'work' for his £20k gambit just for getting out of the car. And who he hell did he pass his phone too as police broke the Window? Maybe it was Roy lol

Off to watch the other video now.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Here's one that caught my eye.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-sout ... s-35029357

In a scene reminiscent of a Bond type gadget a chap called Simon Chaplin from Wales rigged up a device to pump out smoke from his exhaust.

The police tried to stop him and on came the smoke bellowing from his aged Peugeot 309.

There was a bucket of diesel rigged to a pump which dripped the fuel into the exhaust, creating billowing clouds of dense white smoke.

After a lengthy slow speed chase (the cop had to stop occasionally to allow the smoke to clear) the man was eventually stopped in a farm.

The vehicle has the Freemanesque index plate "De Jure" which might indicate that here is another entitled 'traveller' creating his own little bit of mayhem and proving, for once that there really can be smoke without fire.

Really. I thought smoking outside was the last place you can legally do it these days :sarcasmon: